The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What bands are you currently listening to? What excites you?
girlygirlgag
post Jun 23 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #601

Super BadAss

voodoo, do you mean Ian McKaye?

I used to listen to Fugazi and Minor Threat 20 years ago. I never got into Pail Head, too emo for me.

--------------------
Constantly on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 23 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #602

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

I love love love love love the pipettes.

They're sheer genius.

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 22 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #603

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm listening to the pipettes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrCK2dbcJ0o&mode=related&search=pipettes

wheeee!

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Jun 19 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #604

Hardcore BUSTie

alt comm - looks like we're on the same radio frequency, you and i...... do you also like FUGAZI? so hard to find someone around here(being, where i live) who actually knows who they are....... also PAILHEAD (was fronted by same guy as FUGAZI)

+Quote Post
alt_comm
post Jun 16 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #605

M.I.A., magnetic fields, mirah = amazing! and in response to voodoo_princess, I do mean the real stuff: Bad Religion, Anti-flag, Rancid, Sex Pistols, Minor Threat, Ramones, Exploited, X, Descendents, Adicts, and so much more. Whee punk! I saw AF in April and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen--they were amazing. Art Brut also ranks up there with the really amazing shows. Anyone here dig Belle and Sebastian? I've been listening to them a lot today for some reason.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jun 16 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #606

Most Likely Procrastinating

figurine
her space holiday
wolfie
M.I.A.
fairport convention
teenage fanclub
kate bush
HEFNER <3 <3 <3
the magnetic fields
foot foot (local l.a. band)
mirah
wire

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 16 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #607

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

I totally heart Tilly & the Wall. I saw them do this tiny tiny instore last month, and they were excellent.

For some inexplicable reason, I am also loving Smoosh right now. I think they appeal to the same part of me that likes Hanson. (the shame, the shame)

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jun 16 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #608

Hardcore BUSTie

the cure, pavement, neutral milk hotel and radiohead are on heavy rotation right now. it's been raining a lot lately, and they're the perfect rainy day mix.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
bluejupiter
post Jun 16 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #609

Hardcore BUSTie

ooooh!! love architecture in helsinki. saw them live last month. great show!!! didn't want it to end even though I was sweating my tits off type of show!

Love Final Fantasy too! It took me awhile to get into his new album but now I just can't get enough of it. He's great to watch live too.

Anyone into Tilly and the Wall?

+Quote Post
ohsweetie
post Jun 15 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #610

BUSTie

oh my oh my.
the cure
the smiths
beirut
final fantasy
final fantasy final fantasy!!!

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Jun 15 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #611

Hardcore BUSTie

punk...... yes.
what do you like? you talking "old school" or what we lovingly refer to as "pop punk"? hee hee hee, it's a family joke..... being over 30 makes me lean toward "old school" since i grew up with it, but some of the new guys aren't bad either....

the real reason i came here is it seems the best place to find someone who might (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE) be able to tell me where i can find a cd of "dance re-mix opera"? just to be clear, i am NOT looking for "opera electronica" which is basically traditionally sung opera with an electronica track in the background (from all i've listened to, anyway) i am looking for opera being sung dance re-mix style just like when top 40 artists re-mix their songs..... the singing is sped up in line with the dance beats.... i had seen an opera group on the tele who were recording such an album but i didn't catch their name..... it was absolutely AMAZING! these women were singing opera, in Italian, in double double time with some rockin dance beats..... i love opera and i love dance, so the combo, for me, was awsome! if anyone can point me in the right direction, please please please let me know! i have searched the web but am not really coming up with what i want.....

+Quote Post
alt_comm
post Jun 15 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #612

I really appreciate the fact that they actually use power tools in their music, haha. Does anyone around here listen to any punk, by chance?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 15 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #613

Big Fat Bitch

I like 'em. There is a certain... spartan quality that I like, Alt Comm.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
alt_comm
post Jun 15 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #614

Anyone here like Architecture In Helsinki? I've heard some stuff off "In Case We Die" but I have yet to grab up the album. Also anyone here listen to RJD2? (sorry if I'm random--I'm new and I can also easily talk about music for hours on end)

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 10 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #615

Big Fat Bitch

Hey, don't forget the Jawbreaker. Jets rose from the ashes!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 10 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #616

sassygrrl

Roseviolet, amen to the jets to brazil reference. I need to re-buy that cd again. They're a good band, and that's a good album. ** Runs off to record store**

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jun 9 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #617

uh huh.

one suggestion. you might not wanna use Maroon 5.. almost all of their songs are about breaking up or leaving or unrequited love.. LOL!!

Coldplay is great, same thing with a lot of their lyrics though..

I'm a big fan of Joga by Bjork (although that is 5 minutes exactly)

Everlong by the Foo Fighters - 4:10

The Real Thing - Gwen Stefani - 4:11

If you want to look at lyrics just to make sure on stuff.. www.lyricsondemand.com

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jun 9 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #618

Pacifism kicks ass!

Okay, kids. This post is proof that I need to get well already and get out of the house! :-)

Polly, I went to Amazon & looked up those two songs & happened to notice the "Customers who bought this item also bought" section. Thought it might be a good place to get ideas. Some of their band recommendations are ...
Train [pardon me while I puke a little. I REALLY can't stand these guys]
Maroon 5
Coldplay
John Mayer
Rob Thomas
So, is he hoping you'll pick something they've never heard of? Or can we just fall back on Mayer's "Your Body Is A Wonderland" or what? Although, that might not work since the video has family pictures. Hmmm.

For some reason, I feel compelled to recommend "Sweet Avenue" by Jets To Brazil (off of Orange Rhyming Dictionary). I think it may be a bit too long (a bit over 5 minutes), but I love it so. Reminds me of my hubby.
Ummmm ... thinking ...
Speaking of the hubby, he recommended Blue October; maybe "Clumsy Card House" off of History For Sale would blend well with the other two songs, but it's just over 3 minutes long.
Hmmm.
Here's an old one. And it makes me kinda sad because it was "our song" in my last relationship. It may be hard to find, too, but the length is right for you. It's "I Will Hold On" by Moxy Fruvous off of Thornhill. Very sweet in that gooey way. And about 4 & 1/2 minutes long. Even better, if you can't find an MP3 of this, you can buy the whole CD from somebody at Amazon for about 3 bucks right now. Woo hoo!

I'll let you know if I come up with anything else. It's not like I've got anything else to do other than wait for my tummy to get better! :-)

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post Jun 9 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #619

Hardcore BUSTie

no ideas polly
but Arrogant Worms!!
Funny shit yo

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 6 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #620

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

(cross-posted in the General Knowledge Base)

I need some suggestions- my boyfriend is doing a video editing job for a friend of a friend- he's taking this guy's family pictures and videos and throwing some music over it as an anniversary present for the guy's wife. The guy picked out two songs and left the third song up to my boyfriend to choose.

Problem is, he picked some music that isn't really our taste, so we don't have any idea what will go with the other two songs. The two songs we have are "You and Me" by Lifehouse and "100 Years" by Five for Fighting. They're nice songs, but a little overproduced and sappy for our tastes (no offense if you're into this stuff!)

Any suggestions for a mid-tempo romantic song, preferrably something sorta contemporary and about four and a half minutes long?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 10:35 AM