The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hauling Ass On My Hip: The Purse/Bag Thread
kittenb
post Jul 14 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #41

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I am having vicious purse lust for that Annalisa.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 14 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #42

kittenb - i too got a new purse yesterday. First,

I bought a Dooney & Bourke two years ago. It was my first "expensive" purse. I was very proud because I saved a long time for it. It was a simple barrel bag. It was brown and tan. I liked it because it was sophisticated on the outside and fuck me red on the inside. Kinda like me. biggrin.gif

Before that I had bought a Prada knock off at a purse party. It's the back pack kinda bag. It's another one of my favorites.

I bought a Coach knock off last summer but I don't really care for it. Not because it's a knock off but because I don't really care for coach in general.

I bought this brown purse from Kohls. It was a favorite for a while.

So, I've been dying to get something new and fancy again. When Mr. Pugs and I went on vacation he was going to buy me a Coach. We drove almost 45 mintues from Ocean City, Maryland to Rehobeth Beach, Delaware to the Coach outlet. It was crowded, picked over and I hated everything I saw. The prices were outragious for the ugly shit they had. So I went home empty handed and dissapointed.

Yesterday, we went to the mall and I, again, walked through the Coach store they had. I didn't like much of anything. I really wanted black or brown leather this year. I didn't want a lot of metal (good luck right?). I found one that was okay. I would have bought it out of frustration. I walked out and decided to try Macy's. I wasn't impressed there either. I was about to call it a day and leave when I spotted these two black purses hanging on a rack in the Dooney & Bourke section. I walked over. They were solid black SOFT leather. It had this one big, giant clasp on the front and NO OTHER METAL!! The bag at Coach wasn't bad but the inside and outside were both black and it was boring. The inside of this D&B was PINK!!! PINK!! So...1) black leather 2) one big chunky clasp 3) sexy pink interior 4) in my price range. It was $275 (under $300). Well I was thrilled. I went to go tell Mr. Pugs I found my bag but was too excited to track him down in the mall so I just called him on my cell phone to tell him. I assured him I loved it and that it was THE purse for the next year or two. He said fine and I skipped back to the store to buy it.

The lady behind the counter could just tell how excited I was. It's lovely. I love it. Everyone I've shown it to says it's gorgous. MY MOM EVEN LOVED IT!! That's saying something. I'm so happy with it. It's perfect with everything. Everytime I open it and see that pink I just smile. Maybe I'll get my sister to take some pictures of it with her digital camera and I'll post them on here. Seriously, I wanted to hold it while I slept last night. Purses make me girly!!

Here it is the Annalisa Leather Handbag

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jul 14 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #43

LMP mentioned that she wanted to have a purse thread. I found this one buried from awhile ago.

I love to purse window-shop. I can't afford the really nice stuff (no Kate Spade for me. Yet.) but I am really god at finding stuff in the thrift store.

My favorite thrift store finds include:

- a great Liz Claiborne black, alligator skin laptop bag that I wish I had more reason for
- a brown, crafty looking shoulder bag with some light embroidery
- a red clutch that seems to hold about the same amount of stuff that Mary Poppin's bag held
- a canary yellow leather summer purse
- a robin's egg blue summer purse

I rotate my purses by season. Right now I mostly carry a wicker bag. The winter bag is a black one that I swear is made of teddybear fur. I like my purses to have a sense of humor.

Yesterday I bought a brown leather shoulder bag that will be great for this fall but I need a new big bag for fall. Going to back to school and I don't want to go the backpack route. I just need something big.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jul 14 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #44

bump

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 28 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #45

PANTIES! ew.

Bump.

Still on the eternal quest for the perfect bag.

+Quote Post
brett
post Oct 17 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

How would one go about finding a handbag cleaner? My dry cleaners say they don't do handbags.

It's a pink nylon Kate Spade sam. I cleaned it with warm water and woolite, per the directions on their webpage, but it needs a little more help.

--------------------
there's more to life than making jam and having kids-damien hirst

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 8 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #47

belligerently lazy

still searching : (

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 4 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #48

belligerently lazy

Whoa! I found it!

j/k... :P
Seriously though..I'm LOSING my MIND.

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 4 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #49

belligerently lazy

Halleluliah! It's a revival!

I'm driving myself absolutely crazy trying to find a new bag. I have searched about a million sites trying to find what I'm looking for, to no avail.

I've been carrying this bag (the dark brown one) for about 6 months now. It's taken quite a beating and starting to get a little shabby.

I'm looking for something smaller than that one-small enough so that I don't carry around needless crap which makes it too heavy, but big enough to fit the basic stuff. I also want it to be a backpack, because my right shoulder is messed up, and now my left shoulder is starting to hurt too from always carrying it on that side. I know that's because I carry too much stuff, but that's because the large size encourages me to fill it up. I pride myself on being a pretty rational person, but for some reason I just cannot minimize the amount of things I carry, if I can fit it in the bag. So I hope if I have a smaller one, I will have no choice but to carry less.

So..basically I'm looking for a mini backpack, but I am so extremely picky about..everything. The color, the material, the details on it. There really are a lot of mini backpacks, but not quite what I am looking for. I know, I'm making this so much harder by being so picky, but I generally use the same bag daily for a long time-like at least a year, usually longer, and so I want something that I will still like a year from now, and meets my needs. This current one is just starting to cause me problems. And I'm sick to death of the color brown.

I would love something handmade, or at least looks like it. I've looked through a lot of crafty-bag websites, but not many of them make backpacks for some reason. I've looked on Ebay, Amazon, Overstock, Ebags, Zappos, and many other random sites that sell bags. All of the major sites generally only sell boring, trendy bags. Ebay is kind of a hit or miss-I'll find something that is sort of what I am looking for, but not quite, and at this point, it's the most promising lead, because people can sell whatever they want, I'm hoping someone will have what I'm looking for.

To be honest-and to make things harder, I can't really put together in my own mind what I want it to look like. I have lots of ideas, but nothing solid. Just the small backpack so far. But most of what I've found is too boring and/or too trendy. I want it to have structure, so things inside stay somewhat in the same spot, but I'm not sure about leather. Leather-like would be okay. No sporty-nylon either.

I have to say though, that I love Matt & Nat bags-they are stylish and interesting, but not too boring and trendy, and they are made of PVC, which feels and looks a lot like leather but is not. Some of them are a little pricey, but they are well made. And the names of their bags are usually amusing and film-related. They just don't make any backpacks sad.gif

Oh, and I don't want to spend more than $75 or so-and that's if I REALLY like it.

God I know I am my own pain in my ass. And I know, I feel so materialistic, but I really don't go through that many bags. I think I've had 4 in the last 6 years, and 3 of those were handmade. My current one was the first one I've ever bought. But I'm afraid I am not talented enough to make what I'm looking for this time.

Anyone know where I can maybe find what I'm looking for? I would love any suggestions. I can't guarantee I will find it there, but anything will help. Thanks for reading this!

--------------------

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 4 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #50

belligerently lazy

sorry- editing...

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 19 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #51

hey, those bags are from right here in my town. i see them Everywhere, they're really cool.

+Quote Post
island_girl
post Jun 19 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #52

BUSTie

ooooh i love those queenbee bags. i bought one of the "trucker" bags about 2 years ago and absolutely love it. it's pretty tough and fits a whole lot of stuff in it. it's perfect for travelling, zipping around on my bike, carting my laptop around, and plenty of room for an extra sweater, bottle of wine, or whatever.

i love flat bags too (http://www.flat-bags.com/); they're made of recycled bicycle tires and vintage vinyl.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 18 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #53

sassygrrl

Just got a great Brighton purse that has little comparments for my cell phone, wallet, and a bunch of little pockets for stuff. I love it. They call it an organizer purse. I had a Coach backpack purse for years, but it was getting so heavy...

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jun 17 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

I have one rule about purses, it must be large enough for me to discretely carry a bottle of champagne.

My favorite vintage purse that I own is called pursezilla. Anyone else name their purses?

+Quote Post
possum
post Jun 16 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #55

BUSTie

The Hermes Kelly bag... gah. It's gorgeous. But $5000. I don't think I could even charge that without passing out, even if I did have the means.

Besides, I work in a school library... all the klepto kids would steal it within minutes and use it as a bookbag or flush it down a toilet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
possum
post Jun 16 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #56

BUSTie

Hmmm altargrrl.... those truckette bags are pretty sweet. I recall seeing a girl with a tote bag from Queenbee and it was really pretty.

I love carrying a backpack to work-- room for any papers and my lunch! I lugged one all through grad school too. But I don't like a backpack purse because I'm always having to reach around for keys, wallet, etc. Pain in the butt.

I wish I could downsize, but the minute I stop carrying something is the minute I will need it. Never fails.

I always have to have my wallet, asthma inhaler, phone, pens, notebook, pads/pons. It's not so much that I lug a lot around; I like having stashing room for things I come across like take-out menus and newspapers. :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
taligator
post Jun 16 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #57

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a Dooney & Burke that I bought over 4 years ago and it's in their black leather with tan leather accents coloring. It goes with everything and is absolutely perfect. It easily holds my wallet, ipod, cell phone, d&b cosmetic bag, and when I had a blackberry it fit too. It's a midsized bag I suppose - not small small but not large either. *shrug* I love it, I got it at Nordstroms and it was made for them by D&B since I never saw it anywhere else.

I also have a gorgeous red briefbag that I carry to work. I take my stuff out of my purse and put it in this bag and I carry it to work. I constantly get compliments on it.

I'm eyeballing the Hermes Kelly bag though ..

+Quote Post
atarrill
post Jun 16 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

I love 9 West bags and for years have bought them, usually on sale, from my local department store (Hecht's). I am all about the small bag, too. Other women often notice my little purses and say, "I would love to carry a small purse but it wouldn't fit all I need." I used to hate purses until I realized I didn't need all the crap I carried around everyday and then I found small purses I liked that were inexpensive, almost all were 9 West, and I went crazy!

I have all kinds of little purses now and they are well-designed and last a long time. I like rather plain though "classic" bags that go with most anything, black or beige/tan, sometimes something a little crazy liked a stripped blue and white that matches one particular summer dress that I love. The 9 West bags haven't been so great the last few seasons, but the little ones I got about 5 years ago seemed small but held so much. I'm talking wallet, small camera, small hairbrush, notebook, pen, cell phone, sunglasses...! I couldn't believe all that stuff and more would go inside. I have hung on to almost all of them and switch around a lot. My favorite was a backpack style 9 West purse that could go over the shoulder or the single strap could upzip to make a backpack. It has front and back pockets and although it's a bit faded, I still use it as my airplane purse when I travel because it holds everything and the pockets are great for holding your tickets and a small book.

Designers: keep making small but roomy purses! And hooray for outside pockets.

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Jun 16 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm not much of a purse person, either. i also don't like carrying a backpack, even though i'm in grad school. it makes me feel like i'm in high school. i have an armyish looking messenger bag that i got at target a couple of years ago that i really like, but it's not very sleek or stylish for going out to dinner or a concert or what have you. i also have a green velvety upholstery material flap bag that i got at camden market in london about 5 years ago, that is thinner and sleeker than a messenger bag, but being green, it doesn't always go with every outfit.

i'm seriously considering getting a bag from queenbee bags. i'm thinking of either this one or this one. i wish they were a little less expensive, because i'm very short on cash right now, but they are so cute and seem just the right size. same concept as a messenger bag, but smaller for everyday/going out on the town needs, when i don't need to haul around textbooks.

+Quote Post
possum
post Jun 15 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #60

BUSTie

I'm looking into this bag... Fossil flap. I'll have to see if it goes across the body.

I think maybe I'm just not a purse girl, but I also hate utilitarian messenger bags.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 04:12 PM