The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
auralpoison
post Oct 17 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #961

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Oct 16 2010, 10:22 PM) *
I'm not sure. But I have a hard time seeing the correlation between what we were recently talking about and the topic of the "Constructing/Deconstructing" thread. Seems to be more about body perception dealing with photography/filming and body perceptions regarding celebrities. I am failing to make the connection.

I just wanted to move the conversation out of the breast threads so that folks can get back to talkin' boobies. And since there are so few of us, the convo will likely peter out; I saw no need to start a whole new thread. Hence it's dead thread repurposing at work using the Constructing/Deconstructing thread for our own new ends.

As I see it, "body perception" falls in with the comparing of one's self with others (regular people or vaunted celebrities), which then leads to the idea of compensating for perceived failings drilled into us by the media. N'est-ce pas?

If you've a better idea, though, I'm all ears. I can't really think of a clever name for a new thread, either.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Oct 16 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #962

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 15 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I done has killed the thread?

I went ahead & bumped the Constructing/Deconstructing thread.

I'm not sure. But I have a hard time seeing the correlation between what we were recently talking about and the topic of the "Constructing/Deconstructing" thread. Seems to be more about body perception dealing with photography/filming and body perceptions regarding celebrities. I am failing to make the connection.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Oct 16 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #963

Hardcore BUSTie

Been feeling blah about these little boobies lately, not sure why.

Thanks for bumping the thread AP!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 15 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #964

Big Fat Bitch

I done has killed the thread?

I went ahead & bumped the Constructing/Deconstructing thread.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Oct 12 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #965

Hardcore BUSTie

Looks good to me.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 12 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #966

Big Fat Bitch

Okay. I did some rooting around & remembered the Constructing/Deconstructing thread which might be a good place to take the convo. Any thoughts?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Oct 12 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #967

Hardcore BUSTie

Thirded!

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 11 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #968

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Oct 11 2010, 04:58 PM) *
But a thread on these types topic could work, given that the interest level is what you predict and that some of us hope it could be.

I second that.

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Oct 11 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #969

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 11 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Oh, goodness, no, I wasn't implying that you weren't playing by the rules. Huhn-uh. No way, no how. You were just the last person that made mention of some of the weirdness we've all been talking about in regards to competition & such, so I linked from you.

You touched on some salient points; I've always wondered about the whole, "big tit girls are sluts", "fat chicks work harder to please you", etc, etc, etc talk. Only once in my life have I ever heard another woman say, "Well, he really gives good head because he knows his dick is short & unsatisfying."

Of course, popular culture would lead us to believe that women's needs are purely monetary, "Anna Nicole's hubby may have been firing dust out of his shriveled, ancient dick, but his cheque book was fucking huge!" IE: Men don't need to compensate for their physical imperfections as long as they are fiscally flush.

I just think it's interesting & I thought I'd see what ya'll thought about it before making a move.

Oh no worries, just wanted to make sure. I know what you mean by the "weirdness" being brought up by most of us. A fellow Bustie that I correspond with frequently in private message coined the term "random weirdness" that we use when one of us brings up something so weird and out of the blue regarding topics like this.

Weird or not, the competition is there and real as many of us know, it's not like I seek it out but it seeks me out even more so. I get the comments, the gloating and even the non-verbal instances and gestures as well that are sometimes hard to put into words. I know many would give anything to have my 34B's but there are instances that my size pales in comparison to others as well. And its not just the boobies either. It's the whole package that can get scrutinized or compared.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 11 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #970

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Oct 11 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Was this to imply that I was not?

But a thread on these types topic could work, given that the interest level is what you predict and that some of us hope it could be.

Oh, goodness, no, I wasn't implying that you weren't playing by the rules. Huhn-uh. No way, no how. You were just the last person that made mention of some of the weirdness we've all been talking about in regards to competition & such, so I linked from you.

You touched on some salient points; I've always wondered about the whole, "big tit girls are sluts", "fat chicks work harder to please you", etc, etc, etc talk. Only once in my life have I ever heard another woman say, "Well, he really gives good head because he knows his dick is short & unsatisfying."

Of course, popular culture would lead us to believe that women's needs are purely monetary, "Anna Nicole's hubby may have been firing dust out of his shriveled, ancient dick, but his cheque book was fucking huge!" IE: Men don't need to compensate for their physical imperfections as long as they are fiscally flush.

I just think it's interesting & I thought I'd see what ya'll thought about it before making a move.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Oct 11 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #971

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 11 2010, 04:43 PM) *

I don't wanna gum up this thread's purpose, so I am beginning to think that we need a body issue thread or some such to discuss these weird myths/ideas. Especially in light of the way we've been talking about comparison & compensation back & forth between the two threads. It's something we're all obviously interested in & might want to consider further. I looked around to see if we could re-purpose an old thread, but I'm not seeing any likely candidates. Shall I suggest this to the Community Forum?

This place may be a fuckin' ghost town, but I still live by & respect the rules.

Was this to imply that I was not?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 11 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #972

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Oct 11 2010, 02:47 PM) *
I would have loved to be given that benefit of the doubt. I used to be told (and still am told to a limited extent) the opposite that bustier, more built women are better in bed. Some would say it in jest, others with a certain amount of conviction. Well, lets all have an effin' contest then !

We all get unwanted attention, some more than others and its not always in perfect correlation to the size of our breasts. But I always wanted to at least fit in more with the "competiton", not just in breast size, but in height and overall figure too, just the overall package. Sometimes I still feel like that 14-15 year old and get mistaken for it occasionally.

I don't wanna gum up this thread's purpose, so I am beginning to think that we need a body issue thread or some such to discuss these weird myths/ideas. Especially in light of the way we've been talking about comparison & compensation back & forth between the two threads. It's something we're all obviously interested in & might want to consider further. I looked around to see if we could re-purpose an old thread, but I'm not seeing any likely candidates. Shall I suggest this to the Community Forum?

This place may be a fuckin' ghost town, but I still live by & respect the rules.

--------------------

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 11 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #973

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(just_a_guy @ Oct 11 2010, 02:24 PM) *
Now that's a completely rational argument.

What I hear you saying is that whether or not one has the anatomy (as men do with breasts, and women do not with penises) is irrelevant. The important issue is the subjective psychological experience that the individual associates with that body part.

Yep, I think you got it. I think this thread is mainly a place where woman can share the effects of living in a society that perpetually reinforces the idea that their bodies are somehow wrong, unfeminine, and inadequate. I champion your stepping in to share your personal opinion and preference for smaller busted women. But to imply that this is the best thread for you because you also have small boobs....well, not so much.

I certainly welcome menfolk in the lounge, as do most of the others. But we have lots of other threads that are not so much "women's safe space" as this thead is. You might even really dig A Gender Agenda. I for one would love to get a man's perspective on some of the issues brought up in there...

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Oct 11 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #974

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(buttercups @ Oct 7 2010, 07:13 AM) *
Absolutely ladies, totally agree with everything!

nbdx you just made me realize how much we do make excuses for our breasts and how much everyone else does too. Like guys saying girls with small boobs will be better in bed because they have to compensate. What the f**k is that?! And then anytime I'm great in bed I'm perpetuating that myth I guess, better start being terrible!

Or what about my favorite one: "least you don't get all that unwanted attention from guys" as though I am completely invisible to the heterosexual male. Like I could walk around stark naked and no one would blink an eye because I have small boobs so I won't be getting any attention. Well I hate to break it to you people but getting negative attention from guys is unfortunately part of the female experience in this world. Not saying I'm some hot supermodel having guys hit on me inappropriately all the time, but I have had guys "catcall" me from time to time. May be rarer than if I was stacked, but it has happened believe it or not. And being told I am essentially invisible, be it from bad or good attention, doesn't exactly make me feel great about myself. Not that I want to have gross men drooling over me, but I don't want to hear that my smalll boobs are some kind of on-the-streets man repellent either!

I would have loved to be given that benefit of the doubt. I used to be told (and still am told to a limited extent) the opposite that bustier, more built women are better in bed. Some would say it in jest, others with a certain amount of conviction. Well, lets all have an effin' contest then !

We all get unwanted attention, some more than others and its not always in perfect correlation to the size of our breasts. But I always wanted to at least fit in more with the "competiton", not just in breast size, but in height and overall figure too, just the overall package. Sometimes I still feel like that 14-15 year old and get mistaken for it occasionally.

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Oct 11 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #975

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Oct 8 2010, 01:43 PM) *
Kera, it sucks to have the big-boobed challenger in your life be your SISTER. I mean, I can at least walk away from these girls when I see them, but it's hard to escape family.

If you ever get tired of your comebacks or feel they've list their impact, you might also try just agreeing with her with great enthusiasm. It feels weird at first but I have to say I've tried this approach to those never-ending exchanges and it really disarms folks. Like, they can't argue. They know you're not really in agreement but you take all the excitement out of the exchange for them. --just a thought on how you might "deflate" her...heh.

It DOES seem like her maturity hasn't kept up with her breast development. wink.gif

Exactly, especially your younger sister. I am not talking about one that is just 1-3 years younger but one that is seven years younger like mine.

In a span of four years, when she was 13-17 (me 20-24) she went from an A cup to a D, shot up to be 4" taller than me and 30 pounds heavier (but not at all overweight), I still can't get over it completely.

My sister's maturity is finally starting to catch up to her breast development. Fortunately she feels less of a need to state the obvious about our disparity, but she still carries herself where she makes it clear that she has got more the goods between the two of us. She has changed from a giddy brat to a more poised young woman but still is very aware of what she has physically and would not hesitate to remind me of that if need be. She is good with not making such statements and comparisons around relatives but will still do so among her freinds or other acquaintences.

Either because that was so obvious where I missed it or I could not bring myself to it, but agreeing with enthusiam never really occured to me. I don't know if I could do that yet, despite that being good advice.

+Quote Post
just_a_guy
post Oct 11 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #976

BUSTie

Now that's a completely rational argument.

What I hear you saying is that whether or not one has the anatomy (as men do with breasts, and women do not with penises) is irrelevant. The important issue is the subjective psychological experience that the individual associates with that body part.

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 11 2010, 11:02 AM) *
I would seriously like to know how the "beauty" study avoided cultural bias...when they used cultures that all had access to American movies, advertisements, television shows, etc. and are heavily influenced by western culture.
P.S. I think I would like to start a small penis thread. I'm certain any man who would want to discuss his discomfiture at the hands of insensitive lovers would have a penis much larger than mine.

--------------------
Sometimes when all you want is a tall glass of water, life gives you a Short Glass of Milk

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 11 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #977

Hardcore BUSTie

I would seriously like to know how the "beauty" study avoided cultural bias...when they used cultures that all had access to American movies, advertisements, television shows, etc. and are heavily influenced by western culture.

P.S. I think I would like to start a small penis thread. I'm certain any man who would want to discuss his discomfiture at the hands of insensitive lovers would have a penis much larger than mine.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
just_a_guy
post Oct 11 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #978

BUSTie

boo tongue.gif And to answer your question: Anyone who isn't at a bar fifteen minutes before last call! laugh.gif

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 11 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Oh, but his PMs are heartbreakingly brilliant screeds of passive aggressive white male privilege! Mine made me laugh so hard I almost tinkled!

That's all I'm gonna say about that though because I feel like we are in Bloody Mary territory here. Say his name in the mirror three times & he'll pop out & getcha!

I actually came in to post this tidbit on the Secret of Beauty. Surveys like this come along with an alarming frequency, I often wonder just how much money is wasted on them. You'll note on the right hand side all of the weird related articles on human attractiveness. "Ugly Truth About One Night Stands: Men Less Choosy Than Women". REALLY? Like, REALLY? Who hasn't seen *that* guy at the bar fifteen minutes to last call trying to use that final half hour to score with whatever gal will take him?

--------------------
Sometimes when all you want is a tall glass of water, life gives you a Short Glass of Milk

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 11 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #979

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(starship @ Oct 10 2010, 09:21 AM) *
(& JAG please don't PM me, I don't care about your 'breasts')

Oh, but his PMs are heartbreakingly brilliant screeds of passive aggressive white male privilege! Mine made me laugh so hard I almost tinkled!

That's all I'm gonna say about that though because I feel like we are in Bloody Mary territory here. Say his name in the mirror three times & he'll pop out & getcha!

I actually came in to post this tidbit on the Secret of Beauty. Surveys like this come along with an alarming frequency, I often wonder just how much money is wasted on them. You'll note on the right hand side all of the weird related articles on human attractiveness. "Ugly Truth About One Night Stands: Men Less Choosy Than Women". REALLY? Like, REALLY? Who hasn't seen *that* guy at the bar fifteen minutes to last call trying to use that final half hour to score with whatever gal will take him?

And durr! Starship, I forgot to add that one can control who can send them PMs. Go to My Controls, left hand side under Menu & Messenger, tick PM Block List & you can add anybody that annoys you to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
starship
post Oct 10 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #980

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, some really interesting stuff here lately. I'm always surprised at all the new and innovative ways you ladies come up with to look at the situation. You give perspectives I could never have dreamed of and really make me think about things differently:)

(& JAG please don't PM me, I don't care about your 'breasts')

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 08:05 AM