Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 166 167 168 169 170 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
tanten
post Jun 6 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #3341

Confused.

A few months back, I thought I had “cured” myself of bv with clindamcyin and contuing a daily treatment of pro-biotic supplement, Femodophilis. For the past two months, the smell (which used to be a combo of overwhelming fish and funk). I just ovulated last week, and I could tell this by the egg white type discharge (sorry TMI) for a few days. However, today, I went to the bathroom to find a little wetness in my undies and a very faint ammonia smell. The ammonia smell I also notice last month, but it went away once my period came. But then came back again shortly after ovulation. Am I to assume the BV came back? Can it be BV even though the smell goes away on its own and comes back at the same time every month? Is a slight ammonia smell normal?

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 6 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #3342

Hardcore BUSTie

Good afternoon everyone,

This is just an idea....but it would be nice if we all made a "blog" and listed what we have tried..for how long...what symtoms you experience..how long you have dealing with bv..tell a joke..tell something about yourself..That way when any of us have time to do research..we have references to look at.. Sassy have you or Jewels ever tried "b" injections? If so, for how long?

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 6 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #3343

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 5 2007, 08:10 PM) *
Thanks Can Can...I just to be sure your product is called L-Theanine and not L-Tyrosine? The reason I'm asking is I want to be sure as I CANNOT take L-Tyrosine because I was recently on Prozac (which my new doctor took me off) but I can't take L-throsine until the prozac is out of my system.

Anyone who is one anti-depressants..You MUST tell your doctor before trying these.

That's something I haven't done. =\

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 6 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #3344

BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jun 5 2007, 06:17 PM) *
Stress does not help you one iota when you are feeling sick. Stress exacerbates an already bad situation. I went to the healthfood store - again. (I feel like I live there. And live on this board!) And I told a salesman that I am battling an infection, and I feel crappy and frustrated. He handed me a bottle of supplements, it said 'promotes relaxation' on the label, and I said to him, what are you giving me these for? I need something to kill infections, not make me sleep. And told me to just try it, it will help with the anxiety of feeling sick.

What he should have done was warn me that they would work extremely well. It's called L-Theanine. It's an amino acid. It's the relaxing component of Green Tea. But without the caffeine. I wasn't going to mention it to anyone, because even though I understand how it works, I don't want people to take the wrong amount. The capsules I have are 200 mg (milligrams) and it is way too much for me. I bought it, took one capsule of it, and then took one cap the next day, and felt great. I almost FORGOT that I even had the infection. I stopped having panic attacks. I don't know if will have the same beneficial effect on anyone else here, but it is worth trying. I was so upset about the BV, it was like a downward spiral, I was feeling more and more depressed everyday. And then this supplement just stopped it cold. I have been taking it every morning with my first meal of the day. Or at lunch time, if I forget. I've been taking it for a week and a half. The first two days made me feel way too happy. I was a bit wary. I mean, you want to feel normal, not feel like you are in Disneyland. So I opened up the caps last week, and split the powder into 5 parts. So that is 200 mg divided by 6 = 40 mg. And that is what I am taking every day. It's a pain to separate the powder like that, but I don't want to go shopping again and look around for a 40 mg cap.

I can relate... The depression and anxiety got so bad for me that I actually had to be put on Zoloft. It worked really well the first week or two but now I feel the effects decreasing. I might need to be put on something else. I also wanted to add that I might be pregnant again and thats a huge stress factor for me right at this point.

I'm so scared that the BV will get out of control like It did when I was pregnant the first time. It was AWFUL!

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 6 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #3345

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Miamigirl @ Jun 6 2007, 11:27 AM) *
Also do you guys think that because my partner is uncirumcised that it could be a reason for the recurrance? Just wondering. Its really sad we have to self-diagnose but $20 to the doctor is more than I am willing to do plust he cost of a script! Where is the justice!!!!?????

I just give you my experience...from what I have learned...I gave my partner a UTI the first time we had sex. But they say (most say) that they are not passed that way. I beg to differ. Have him wash with antibacterial soap before entering you. I don't have an STD's maybe it was just a "fluke" that he got a bacterial infection? I don't think so.

+Quote Post
Miamigirl
post Jun 6 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #3346

Also do you guys think that because my partner is uncirumcised that it could be a reason for the recurrance? Just wondering. Its really sad we have to self-diagnose but $20 to the doctor is more than I am willing to do plust he cost of a script! Where is the justice!!!!?????

+Quote Post
Miamigirl
post Jun 6 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #3347

Hello all I am new to this forum and I think it is amazing. With that said I am one of the "lucky" ones that Metro-Gel works for me but then afterwards I get a yeast infection. I took the diflucan after my metro-gel treatment, but I think it has returned. Yesterday I had a moderate amount of discharge and it was salty smelling. I had pain during intercourse on Monday and its kinda itchy. Do you guys think my yeast has returned? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 6 2007, 02:57 AM
Post #3348

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey you all,
I found some interesting information..it makes my mind start to wonder....Athletes who over exert themselves (who are pretty damn healthy) (and some probably on steriods too) often come down with strep throat after physical training.
Why is this? After the body runs out of oxygen for aerobic cellular respiration, it then switches to anaerobic cellular respiration....which dumps lactic acid into body..which is what causes sore musles, and (it makes sense to me) come down with a bacterial infection such as strep throat. I'm not saying don't exercise, but don't kill yourselfs at the gym.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Jun 5 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #3349

BUSTie

QUOTE(happyrox @ Jun 5 2007, 03:01 PM) *
HI...I'm 24 and have had bv for about three years and have tried everything. I went to the gyno and she gave me everything there is to treat bv..some of the meds were Clindesse, Gynazole, Relegard, Vandazole. I also tried the metallic tasting pill which made me feel so sick! A couple of the meds worked but only for a couple weeks and then the bv came back. I got tested for several stds and all came back negative(of course! I've only had sex with one man). My husband has been so understanding of the situation and I am very thankful for that. Having this is horrible! I know it isn't because of sex or his sperm, because we've gone several months without sex and it would always come back! I quit going to the gyno because I was getting no positive results.

I have been lurking around in the message boards hoping to find some advice to get rid of my BV. I started taking Acidophilus orally and daily. Shortly after, I started the yogurt/acidophilus treatment and using that vaginally. I tried that for about two weeks and nothing! It didn't work! I was upset because I read on so many boards that this worked for lots of women. I was giving up hope, but then I learned about the Boric Acid treatment and a hydrogen peroxide treatment. I decided to try the boric acid treatment. I went to a local grocery store and bought the boric acid in powder form. Then, I went to a vitamin store and bought empty gel size 0 capsules. I filled them up about half way and inserted them vaginally. Boric Acid is toxic so they are not to be taken orally! It's recommended to take this for 7 days, but after 3 nights of taking this I started seeing results!! The discharge was gone! I had a little discharge but it was clear and did not smell at all..it looks to be natural. It's been about 2 weeks and it is still gone!! This is so great! My hubby and I are having sex and it still has not come back! I'll be posting this in several message boards and I hope some of you give it a try! Good luck! biggrin.gif

Thats great to hear! I'm really sorry you had to go so long without relief. I'm on boric acid too but i've been buying suppositories from a pharmacy with a prescription from my doctor. I insert one vaginally every other night for 2 months. I should start taking acidophilus, I eat yogurt like crazy though.

I have no discharge right now, a little bit of smell. unfortunately i have blood in my urine right now... seems like my problems never end. I cant tell if i have a uti or kidney or bladder. could i have blood in my urine with kidney? I dont have irritation or burning or the urge to pee and it dosnt hurt to pee. so...kidneys?

ive been downing water and cranberry juice but i think i need to get a prescription

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 5 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #3350

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 5 2007, 09:10 PM) *
Thanks Can Can...I just to be sure your product is called L-Theanine and not L-Tyrosine? The reason I'm asking is I want to be sure as I CANNOT take L-Tyrosine because I was recently on Prozac (which my new doctor took me off) but I can't take L-throsine until the prozac is out of my system.

Anyone who is one anti-depressants..You MUST tell your doctor before trying these.

arj75, you mention L-Tyrosine, and I agree with you, if you are on any medications at all, your doctor should always be informed on what you plan on taking, or what you are taking already. If you are on anti-depressants, it is his job to get the balance right. And taking L-Tyrosine should be taken only if the doctor knows about it first. L-Tyrosine is powerful stuff. It is great for depression, and it will change how you feel. But you want it to be in a good way. Taking Prozac and the supplement at the same time, would possibly be like doubling your medication.

[ L-Tyrosine is used to treat conditions including depression or mood disorder, poor coping ability, fatigue, low sex drive, low metabolism, and drug abuse. It can also improve endurance under stress and is effective as an appetite suppressant. Proven useful in the control of anxiety or depression, Tyrosine is known as the "antidepressant" amino acid. When taken properly, L-Tyrosine can assist a sluggish thyroid and aid the dieter in losing excess, unwanted pounds. L-Tyrosine has been found to assist in optimizing thyroid hormone levels, increased mood, concentration, and productivity.

http://www.anxius.com/includesPOP/ingredients.php ]

[ L-tyrosine is an amino acid that serves as a precursor to the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine, which have been shown to be deficient in many depressives. The supplementation of this amino acid may help the body to form more of these substances during difficult times. Tyrosine may also be helpful in cases where clinical or subclinical thyroid disease is present.

http://www.healingfromdepression.com/help7.htm ]

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 5 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #3351

Hardcore BUSTie

For stressed out females (some vitamins needed for immune system, as well as battling BV, and yeast, UTI's

Vitamin C with bioflavnoids 3000-10,000 mg (yes I said 10,000) essential to adrenal gland function
makes urine more acidic less chance of UTI's

Calcium 2000 mg daily lost when stress is present (deficiency is common in highly stressed

loss can result in anxiety, fear, hallucinations (use calcium chelate form)

magnesium 1000 mg daily " same as above"

Not enough time to list all the B's right now, I bought a stress B complex supplement and take with vitamin C on empty stomach (trying to avoid having to get b injections)

Vitamin E 200 IU daily take with food needed for immune function

Zinc 50 mg daily (do not exceed 100 mg daily) zinc is included in a lot of multivitimans

Biotin 300 mg 3 x daily (kills yeast) its included in my b complex too.

Colloidal silver (use as listed on label) natural antibotics that subdues inflammation and aids healing

Vitamin A 25,000 IU daily powerful antioxidants that aid healing

Vitamin D (3) 1000 mg daily (relieves stress)

This is my half asser for now....I will work on a blog though. I'm tired of antibotics...really.

I'm still not stinking (no sex, no period yet, no burning snatch) I still have 3 and half days of antibotics to take. Doctor still hasn't called me back..the nurses must have bv too, they pretty rude. (ok so I have called 3 tims)

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 5 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #3352

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 5 2007, 09:10 PM) *

No, I am talking about L-Theanine. The one you are referring to is an amino acid as well, but is a totally different thing.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 5 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #3353

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jun 5 2007, 06:17 PM) *
Stress does not help you one iota when you are feeling sick. Stress exacerbates an already bad situation. I went to the healthfood store - again. (I feel like I live there. And live on this board!) And I told a salesman that I am battling an infection, and I feel crappy and frustrated. He handed me a bottle of supplements, it said 'promotes relaxation' on the label, and I said to him, what are you giving me these for? I need something to kill infections, not make me sleep. And told me to just try it, it will help with the anxiety of feeling sick.

What he should have done was warn me that they would work extremely well. It's called L-Theanine. It's an amino acid. It's the relaxing component of Green Tea. But without the caffeine. I wasn't going to mention it to anyone, because even though I understand how it works, I don't want people to take the wrong amount. The capsules I have are 200 mg (milligrams) and it is way too much for me. I bought it, took one capsule of it, and then took one cap the next day, and felt great. I almost FORGOT that I even had the infection. I stopped having panic attacks. I don't know if will have the same beneficial effect on anyone else here, but it is worth trying. I was so upset about the BV, it was like a downward spiral, I was feeling more and more depressed everyday. And then this supplement just stopped it cold. I have been taking it every morning with my first meal of the day. Or at lunch time, if I forget. I've been taking it for a week and a half. The first two days made me feel way too happy. I was a bit wary. I mean, you want to feel normal, not feel like you are in Disneyland. So I opened up the caps last week, and split the powder into 5 parts. So that is 200 mg divided by 6 = 40 mg. And that is what I am taking every day. It's a pain to separate the powder like that, but I don't want to go shopping again and look around for a 40 mg cap.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 5 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #3354

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cinderflower @ Jun 5 2007, 06:41 PM) *
I think I just saw "soy" last night and went berserk because I had such a good experience with it. Lots of people have already approached me about the dangers of soy supplements, but I think (I hope, anyway) that most of the problems come from overdoing it and what results is the same thing as too much estrogen: clots, strokes, breast cancer, ad nauseam. I like tofu but I haven't used it a lot because it's so high in fat.

Soy alters the uptake of minerals in your body. It both increases absorption, and can block absorption of other minerals. Soy can block the absorption of iodine. Which puts a strain on your thyroid gland. Thyroid exhaustion is related to adrenal exhaustion. Which can effect your hormone levels. Soy is also an 'estrogen mimicker'. And estrogen "is an accelerator of body accumulation of minerals". (Read link below.) If you eat soy, it seems that you will absorb a lot of whatever minerals you are eating. So if you are eating high copper foods, you will be high in copper, and become deficient in zinc. So soy it is bad for two reasons. Both reasons related to your hormone levels. I am not saying I don't eat soy. I just had it this morning with yogurt and granola. But now that I am aware of what it is doing to my body, I don't drink soy milk as frequently. I read that if you are eating soy and are perhaps depleting your body of iodine and zinc, make sure that you compensate for this by eating enough iodine rich foods, and/or take an iodine supplement. I happen to really like Japanese style seaweed salad, and love seafood, so this is easy for me to do. But whenever I feel like I haven't had enough iodine, I make sure to take Kelp pills. And I am hoping that it will balance out the problem.

But that being said, soy has a few other things wrong with it, like the fact that it is also high in 'phytates' which bind with minerals, preventing absorption. It has estrogen like qualities, so you will absorb minerals more easily, but not the zinc or iron so much, because it is being blocked by the phytates. Hey, I'm not a scientist, I am just reading this stuff.

[ Phytic acid is a strong chelator of important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc and can therefore contribute to mineral deficiencies in people whose diets rely on these foods for their mineral intake such as those in developing countries.[3] In this way, it is an anti-nutrient.[1] For people with a particularly low intake of essential minerals, especially young children and those in developing countries, this effect can be undesirable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytic_acid ]

[ The high phytic-acid content in soy may also have adverse effects on brain function. Phytic acid is an organic acid present in the outer portion of all seeds which blocks the uptake of essential minerals in the intestinal tract: calcium, magnesium, iron, and especially zinc. Soybeans have very high levels of a form of phytic acid that is particularly difficult to neutralize and which interferes with zinc absorption more completely than with other minerals.

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/soyandbrain.html ]

[ Thinking of estrogen as an accelerator of body accumulation of minerals, both essential and toxic, can also shed light on the controversial results seen from consuming foods with estrogen-like substances like tofu. Many reports indicate that tofu promotes hypothyroidism while others report that it promotes hyperthyroidism. If tofu is eaten with a diet high in cadmium, such as from eating large amounts of green leafy vegetables or from smoking, then the estrogen-like substances could accelerate the body's uptake of cadmium, leading to hyperthyroidism or TED. However, if tofu is consumed along with a diet high in beans and nuts (high in copper), the copper intake could be accelerated and hypothyroidism could result. Tofu is also high in phytates which bind zinc, increasing the possibility of hypothyroidism.

Tofu is also high in phytates which bind zinc, increasing the possibility of hypothyroidism.

http://www.ithyroid.com/thyroid_theory.htm ]

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jun 5 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #3355

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 5 2007, 08:15 AM) *
My insomnia is back with full force, try reading about antimicrobial peptides without any sleep (4 days), and try to make sense of it. lol. I quit taking Xanax, as it wasn't helping any longer and I didn't want to become dependant on something that wasn't helping anyways.

We are stressed, which effects our immune system, because way to much lactic acid is dumped into our system, which breeds yeast, (possibly killing our good bacterias) which yeast take over whether it just be in our stomachs or vaginas or who knows where else. It sucks that not only do we have to deal with smelling like rotten fish, but now we have UTI's to worry about, and possibly some of us..IBS. So, when I get time I'm gonna start a blog for prevention of all of these...plus vitamin deficiencies that all "link" to these disorders.

+Quote Post
cinderflower
post Jun 5 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #3356

BUSTie

just to simplify it for you: soy has estrogen in it basically. plant estrogen. i don't eat any meat so i use seitan and soy protein powder--protein but no fat. just remember not to od on the soy because too much estrogen isn't good for anyone. i get about 24 grams of protein a day from soy and that agrees with me but if you're concerned, ask your doctor.

Thanks Cinderflower, you take supplements? I read an article that a doctor had written, basically saying stear clear of supplements from soy, that it can be dangerous. I'm sorry, I do not remember the link, I will try and track it down for you.

Do you think that your bv is caused from hormonal issues or not? Does yours come back every month or how often?

Are you a lacto-vegan or total vegan?

Yeah, but I just started a couple of months ago. I was having some complicated health issues (not healing, not responding to any antibiotics, etc.) and my pre-albumin wasn't below normal, but it was eighteen, which is the lowest amount for normal. I upped it to twenty in about a month with extra seitan (about eighty grams of protein a day) and Naturade soy protein booster and then Wild Oats Food Origins soy protein powder and had great results. Unfortunately, this had nothing to do with bv. Now I'm slightly embarrassed because I've had bv exactly twice in my life and one yeast infection and i'm 49. Obviously, my estrogen needs are going to be different than almost all the rest of you; I think I just saw "soy" last night and went berserk because I had such a good experience with it. Lots of people have already approached me about the dangers of soy supplements, but I think (I hope, anyway) that most of the problems come from overdoing it and what results is the same thing as too much estrogen: clots, strokes, breast cancer, ad nauseam. I like tofu but I haven't used it a lot because it's so high in fat. I'm a lacto-vegan: eggs (protein) but I never drink milk. I do eat cheese made from milk and I practically live on Mountain High plain nonfat yogurt.

My shamefully low experience with bv/yeast infections was directly related to being on extremely strong IV antibiotics for twelve weeks. It could very well be that I'm simply lucky in that area and it has absolutely nothing to do with the way I live. I took clindamycin orally and also used the cream, and just monistat for the yeast. When I got out of the hospital, I followed up with yogurt in both ends. I also use liquid acidophilus if I've had a particularly heavy encounter with antibiotics.

Lucky for me I'm not lactose intolerant or allergic to gluten. I recommend trying to stay away from benzos if at all possible (xanax, valium, etc.) because they're crappy drugs. I stopped drinking any alcohol at all four years ago, quit smoking cigarettes in 1989, and my recreational drug use ceased circa 1986. The only thing I take is about 3-5,000 mg of vitamin C, cranberry pills if I think they're necessary for urine ph, and 40 mg. of Cymbalta since last September. I did take St. John's wort, valerian root and Kava Kava (not all at once, ha!) when I was waiting for the Cymbalta to kick in and they all work well enough for relaxation. Kava Kava is particularly good if you can get past the taste and the hassle of straining it. There are gelcaps available but they aren't nearly as effective as powdered root. And this is going to sound really stupid, but drinking eighty oz. of water a day does incredible things. You live in the bathroom of course, but just try it sometime for about a week if you can. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh yeah, I do drink coffee in the morning, shoot up heroin and worship the devil. Well, okay. Not the last two.

--------------------
There are more seams to me than there seem to be. ~me, circa 2001.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 5 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #3357

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 5 2007, 09:57 AM) *
Hun, I'm sorry to be the first to say but doctors could care less as long as you keep coming back. I kept asking my doctor for estrogen but he kept denying it but if I asked for something else like metrogel or something then yeah he would give me that all day long. They don't care! I have no faith in doctors PERIOD!

Your preaching to the choir honey! wink.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 5 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #3358

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Jun 5 2007, 11:46 AM) *
But isn't lactic acid a good thing? I thought that was one of the things that lactobacillus produced in the vaginal flora (along with HP) that keeps the bad bacteria in check.

Lactic acid is good when bacteria produce it in our vagina's, but bad, when high amounts are produced and released in our blood stream.

+Quote Post
happyrox
post Jun 5 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #3359

HI...I'm 24 and have had bv for about three years and have tried everything. I went to the gyno and she gave me everything there is to treat bv..some of the meds were Clindesse, Gynazole, Relegard, Vandazole. I also tried the metallic tasting pill which made me feel so sick! A couple of the meds worked but only for a couple weeks and then the bv came back. I got tested for several stds and all came back negative(of course! I've only had sex with one man). My husband has been so understanding of the situation and I am very thankful for that. Having this is horrible! I know it isn't because of sex or his sperm, because we've gone several months without sex and it would always come back! I quit going to the gyno because I was getting no positive results.

I have been lurking around in the message boards hoping to find some advice to get rid of my BV. I started taking Acidophilus orally and daily. Shortly after, I started the yogurt/acidophilus treatment and using that vaginally. I tried that for about two weeks and nothing! It didn't work! I was upset because I read on so many boards that this worked for lots of women. I was giving up hope, but then I learned about the Boric Acid treatment and a hydrogen peroxide treatment. I decided to try the boric acid treatment. I went to a local grocery store and bought the boric acid in powder form. Then, I went to a vitamin store and bought empty gel size 0 capsules. I filled them up about half way and inserted them vaginally. Boric Acid is toxic so they are not to be taken orally! It's recommended to take this for 7 days, but after 3 nights of taking this I started seeing results!! The discharge was gone! I had a little discharge but it was clear and did not smell at all..it looks to be natural. It's been about 2 weeks and it is still gone!! This is so great! My hubby and I are having sex and it still has not come back! I'll be posting this in several message boards and I hope some of you give it a try! Good luck! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 5 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #3360

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 5 2007, 09:06 AM) *
Hello..
All I can say about the fact that you may have smelled a little bv maybe you need to allow more than two weeks for your body to respond to it fully & if you smelled it after sex I suggest that you use the yeast arrest afterwards. I believe I remembered reading about when you stated that the yeast arrest was working pretty fast(if I am not mistaken). When I first started on the yeast arrest it took only two doses before the smell disappeared but I continued to take it and I did smell a hint a small hint of bv a week into it but I continued taking the yeast arrest everyday on schedule. As far as any smell, the only smell I have is somewhat oniony from time to time but no bv smell. Some women may respond to it differently and on the directions it states that you may have to use it longer than suggested or at least wait until your initial use is completed then monitor how your smell is. Since it is not a cure it is just a process to just continue to monitor your progress. Also, as far as having sex while actively using the yeast arrest well it could irritate your partner if he comes in contact with it. While using the yeast arrest you will have a discharge throughout the day and so that discharge which contains boric acid (as you know )and can be an irritant can cause problems for him. That would be the only issue I would see with regards of having sex while actively on the yeast arrest. I dont know how effective condoms would be with the boric acid. you may want to research it. For me my honey is over in Iraq until October so I am not sexually active but I too need to research boric acid and condoms. Always good to be informed

thanks bvgirl. i plan to keep taking it anyway. the smell comes and goes and it's very very faint, not strong at all. and when i have sex i always wait until it's not really coming out of me anymore. i never do it right after i inserted one. he hasn't complained about it irritating him at all. i still have another 2 weeks until i'm done taking this for a month. i'll keep updating.

oh and when i do have sex i always insert the yeast arrest right after.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 166 167 168 169 170 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 06:26 AM