The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
p_176
post Jun 9 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #141

Hardcore BUSTie

i don't think anyone in the article said they did not want breasts at all. they just wanted them to be smaller. breasts that are too big to be comfortable, or result in unwanted attention do not generally make a woman feel sexy or feminine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jun 8 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #142

Hardcore BUSTie

I have to admit that for years I liked my boobs just because men or other women admired them. It ticked a box for my ego, even though I had no opinion myself on whether or not they were nice (and often found them to be a nuisance) - I just knew that they were big and that was good, the same as it was bad that I wore glasses.

It wasn't until I got properly fitted a few years ago and clothes started fitting right that I really became fond (and somewhat vain) of my breasts. They're actually much less obvious now, but my figure as a whole looks great.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Jun 8 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #143

Hardcore BUSTie

MsKissy - that hips and curves site definitely had some brocadey-type styles.

I thought this might be interesting to y'all. I do think it's important for people to understand all of the social/cultural bullshit that having big breasts brings on, but the the constant big boob hate is getting tiresome to me. There are legitimate health related complaints, but I feel like so much is tied to misogyny and distrust of women's bodies - like we're victims of our own femininity - wouldn't it be better to not have boobs at all, then men wouldn't objectify you! poor pitiful wiminz haz the boobz and the menstrashunz.

I'm guilty of the self-loathing myself, though. When I finally got fitted a little over a year ago and the store clerk told me I was a 38DDD, I was horrified and embarrassed. Seriously. A few months later I went Nordstrom to look for a strapless bra, told the clerk my size and that I was having a tough time finding what I needed, etc. She told me to check out some of the British designers (freya, fantasie, etc.) and look for a 38E as the euro size equivalent. I was so excited, all like "really that's so much better." She thought I was nuts. I know it seems ridiculous, but why do we need a triple D? I think it's intended to make you feel like a freak. E is much better. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 7 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #144

brown delicious

MsKissy, I'm glad I could help you out. My weight has flunctuated alot in my 20s, but, my cup size stayed the same. After my 30s is when the shit hit the fan and my body (boobs and acne) decided to act like an adolescent. I got a proper fitting at Intimacy which helped me to understand the proper type of bra I should wear. I think there are links in this thread for bras. For everyday bras, I like Lilyette. Also, someone posted a site for lingerie and such in the Plus size thread.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jun 7 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #145

BUSTie

QUOTE(stargazer @ Jun 6 2009, 10:26 AM) *
MsKissy, I'm glad you have an appointment for the doctor.

My breasts have grown a ridiculous size in the past year. I've been a C cup when I was a size 16 to a size 10. My breasts seemed to grow to a D cup a couple of years ago. Then, this year, they seemed to grow again and I was frustrated when the DD cup I was wearing did not seem to fit. I got fitted and now I am a 34F. I am childfree and have never been on hormonal birth control. My breasts are pretty tender during my ovulation. From what I've read though, our breasts will continually grow and change several sizes over the course of our lives. Pfft. The stuff they don't tell you when you are 10. dry.gif

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. smile.gif I really did not know breasts could keep growing I mean I'm 33 not like I'm a young thing of 18. Seems so odd to consider having to buy bigger bras with age. Lol. I look with envy at at those pretty high little things some women have and seriously consider a reduction even though my are just a little big. I'm a 34 d- but may soon have to give in and buy a cup size up. grumble. >.< Where do you get your bras from?

Does anyone know where to get gorgeous bras online in velvet, brocade, whatever with solid construction? Gotten back into bellydancing, and my boobs look like they want to escape, not cool on stage. =/ I don't mind covering one if it has a good shape, just have not found any locally.

--------------------
"What's past is prologue."
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 6 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #146

Big Fat Bitch

When you're ten it's all magic sparkly pink fairy dust. The bastards.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 6 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #147

brown delicious

MsKissy, I'm glad you have an appointment for the doctor.

My breasts have grown a ridiculous size in the past year. I've been a C cup when I was a size 16 to a size 10. My breasts seemed to grow to a D cup a couple of years ago. Then, this year, they seemed to grow again and I was frustrated when the DD cup I was wearing did not seem to fit. I got fitted and now I am a 34F. I am childfree and have never been on hormonal birth control. My breasts are pretty tender during my ovulation. From what I've read though, our breasts will continually grow and change several sizes over the course of our lives. Pfft. The stuff they don't tell you when you are 10. dry.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jun 6 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #148

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Feb 4 2009, 08:01 AM) *
Booooooooooooooooooooobies!!!!!!

Yay!

From the clever ladies in the small-breasted thread, I now like the phrase 'boingy-boobed'. My boobs are boingy!

laugh.gif

Mine don't boing, sproing, or anything remotely similar. Mine are swingers and steadfastly remain that way, regardless of what kind of getup they spend the day in. At this stage, they are at least round swingers and not yet torpedo shaped. But I expect that's not too far in the offing. ...Ach.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jun 6 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #149

BUSTie

Thank you Aural and Polly I've been looking online for an OBGYN and will make an appointment Monday. I think they are a wee bit smaller, but still tender & overflowing my bra cups. =/

--------------------
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 4 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #150

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Not trying to sound like an alarmist, but that definitely sounds like something you want to get checked ASAP.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 4 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #151

Big Fat Bitch

GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP MSKISSY!

I thought I'd bring this over here since Lowredmoon was kind enough to post it elsewhere, HipsandCurves.com. I think I've finally found my new four way bra thanks to her!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jun 4 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #152

BUSTie

QUOTE(kittenb @ Jun 1 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Actually, it sounds like something that the doctor should be told about. If you aren't changing anything hormonal like birth control, then that sort of sudden change could indicate a real problem. Keep us posted!

Thanks for the reply KittenB. I'm going to find a doctor and schedule a full physical. I've been getting in more exercise and taking my vitamins but I feel my hormones are just out of whack. I've not had much appetite and have lost 3 or 5 pounds this week so my chest is a wee bit smaller, but they are so tender I'm now wearing a bra to bed. I'll post if I learn what is causing this.

--------------------
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 1 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #153

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Actually, it sounds like something that the doctor should be told about. If you aren't changing anything hormonal like birth control, then that sort of sudden change could indicate a real problem. Keep us posted!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jun 1 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #154

BUSTie

Ketto~ Those are really nice bikini tops, I'm going to order one the next time there is a reason. smile.gif

Has anyone ever swollen a cup size for no apparent reason? =/ I had big breasts in high school but was also carrying extra weight then. Then at 25 I had my daughter and my normal dd's went to a for me ridiculous g cup. I cried over that one. Then I slimmed down, and with my second child my boobs seemed a reasonable size. Now they are usually a single d, which is fine for me. For the last week though they have grown a cup size. sad.gif I'm drinking a lot of water, and do not usually have this kind of a hormonal shift. They hurt like crazy, are tender to the touch, and are doing the muffin quad boob thing over the tops of my bras. I may end up going to the doctor but really hate to. Has anyone else with a med-to large chest ever experienced this?

--------------------
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post
ketto
post May 21 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #155

Hardcore BUSTie

I just got a beautiful Freya bikini top in a 32E. I buy my bathing suits at my favourite lingerie store now. Does your bra shop not sell bathing suits? The sizes mine came in really varied. I didn't buy the bottoms because I already had some, but I saw a wide variety of sizes in the tops and bottoms. It cost me $110 but it's the first time I've had a supportive bathing suit top. Last year I wore a halter top and my neck was so sore.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post May 21 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #156

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi 90gb! Try Figleaves.

Sorry AP, I've never had a convertible bra - I've just had a quick google and there are a few out there. Would it be worth considering wearing a halter bikini top instead? I think that could be more comfortable and provide better support - how see-through is your dress?

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
90gb
post May 20 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #157

QUOTE(eyelet @ May 19 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Shelly--figleaves.com has bathing suits by Fantasie/Freya and a lot of other large bust brands. If you already know your fit in that brand it should be easy to find something you like.

I've been looking all over for a bikini that matches and would come in 36E with an XS bottom. If I go somewhere that sells the bottom I cant find a top large enough and if I go somewhere that sells plus sized bathing suits they don't have bottoms that fits me. Does anyone know where a shop or website where I could find something that fits?

+Quote Post
eyelet
post May 19 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #158

Hardcore BUSTie

Shelly--figleaves.com has bathing suits by Fantasie/Freya and a lot of other large bust brands. If you already know your fit in that brand it should be easy to find something you like.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 19 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #159

Big Fat Bitch

Any advice on a convertible bra? I bought a halter maxi dress for the summer without considering that I have no appropriate underpinnings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 17 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #160

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Shelly! Where are you located? I know places in Chicago and suburbs but it may not be much help for you if you are not in Chicago.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 22, 2014 - 03:23 PM