Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 151 152 153 154 155 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 31 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #3041

Hardcore BUSTie

I wasn't sure where else to post this, so I thought maybe this is the right thread. Can I just get a Woop Woop! because my Cultural Anthropology class got cancelled tonight and I don't have to sit through 3.5 hours of lecture? Yeehah! Not that I mind my Cultural Anthro class; it's one of the best classes I'm taking this summer, and I generally like the teacher (which is saying a lot for this crappy community college, as they usually employ awful teachers). But it couldn't have come at a better time. Yesterday was my 12-hour day at school, so I didn't get home until 10 p.m., and then I was up e-mailing the long distance boy until nearly midnight, so I didn't get to sleep until about 1 a.m. And then up at 6 a.m. this morning to make it to my 9 a.m. class, and by the time I got home at 12:30, I was beyond tired, one of those things where I can't stop my brain from spinning, things about the boy floating in & out, school, work, upcoming tests, etc. I tried to take a nap, but I just couldn't get out of my head enough to fall asleep. So I put on a relaxation CD and that finally did it. Only to wake up with half an hour to get to class, but thankfully I checked my e-mail before going and got the message that class was cancelled. So now I can stay home and relax, which is exactly what I need right now. Ahhhh.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 30 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #3042

new highs in personal lows daily!

thanks bunny. you're all heart.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jul 30 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #3043

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Whether whatever you did was directly or indirectly the cause of their breaking up, gt, you did not intend this; if you had set out to break them up then, yes, it would have been a shitty thing to do but the fact that you're even posting this as a confession goes to show that there is not an ounce of malice in what you did. Unfortunately shit happens and I know you feel responsible but sometimes things are just not meant to be and maybe, in the long-run, this will actually work out for the best for your ex and she will meet someone who gets her even more.

(((zoya))) give me a call when you can; we have some catching up to do.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 30 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #3044

thank you, for you kindness ej, and ordinarily i might think that was the case. and i would probably think anyone saying this had a big head about the whole thing. but the thing i did in the first few months they were together, created a rift in their relationship that they were never quite able to mend. i'm not saying it was the sole cause, but it was certainly a huge contributor, and set things in motion that couldn't be undone. no, she won't say it, but other things she has said, make it very clear to me. i guess the thing that bugs me is that she taught me so much about personal integrity, and made me want to be so much better than i was. it just sickens me to think i've done her any harm. he was a terrific guy, and really got her. whether i like it or not, i had a hand in fucking it up.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jul 30 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #3045

Hardcore BUSTie

GT, I don't know what you did but I don't think you should feel guilty for the breakdown of someone else's relationship. You may have set something off between them, but the chances are if they broke up due to whatever it was, they were probably going to eventually anyway.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 30 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #3046

i just got an email from my ex, who, i still think was the great love of my life. she said that she is breaking up with her bf. a huge part of me feels really bad, terribly guilty, because something i did, that i didn't intend to hurt them did, and in part, sowed the seeds for their break up. i never thought what i did would hurt them, get back to them, or anything like it. but i feel really shitty for having any little part in their break up, even though i didn't mean to, but i have to admit there is a tiny part of me that was happy when i read that. it makes me feel even shittier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jul 30 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #3047

uh huh.

after visiting my parents, who are rapidly getting a lot older (my dad is 80) and seeing my nieces and nephews, who I get to see once every 6 months, if not longer - it's kind of got me thinking about moving back to my home town (or at least state) to be near them. I'm afraid that I might not be happy if I moved back, but at the same time, I feel like if I lost one of my parents - especially my dad - I'd be soo bummed that I didn't make it more of a priority to spend time with them in the last 10 years. and losing one of them at any time, given their ages, is totally realistic. It's kind of a scary thought, considering my home town is on a different continent, 5000 miles away, and I wanted to come here to live soo bad. Maybe I'm just homesick after visiting. Maybe it's made me realize something bigger than myself. I dunno.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jul 29 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #3048

beachcomber

when someone tells me something really bad has happened to them (like Soc Services got called on a friend of mine totally bogusly, or a neighbor came over & asked if we'd seen anything bc their mailbox got hit & smashed this morning) I feel like I react guiltily, like I was lieing about having no knowledge about it or having done it myself.
I don't know why I respond that way, unless it's some sort of twisted karma guilt for things I Have done before?

while I know I have a long way to go, my therapy Is making a difference & I am gaining ground. smile.gif

side note to that: I said something in therapy today that I think I wish I hadn't.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 28 2008, 06:37 AM
Post #3049

my legs are extreamly sore from all the portions i had this weekend. however, i'm not taking any advil for it because secretly i like it. makes me remember how much fun Mr. Pugs and i had this weekend.

the woman sitting next to me is pissing me off because she's playing loud freaking music at her desk that i don't like.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 28 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #3050

(o)(o)

I am thinking of starting to drink and it's 7:38 in the morning. This is how I feel about my job. It certainly would make things more entertaining.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jul 26 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #3051

beachcomber

confession: I drank alone this afternoon - at 5:30 pm! (to me that's really heinously bad, like scandelous or something)
frecklette was out of the house & I was feeling good and thought ' what the hell !'
I am not sorry & plan to do it again.
(I also did something else but am much too much of a lady to confess that! rolleyes.gif )

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jul 26 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #3052

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I'm feeling depressed about everything in my life right now, even though I know it isn't that bad and it could be worse.

I'm also on the verge of buying some camping equipment I can't afford just so I can go live in the woods for a week, but I'm worried that I'll miss out on some job opportunity if I do that.

I feel pathetic for thinking like that.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jul 25 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #3053

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I just about tore my office apart looking for spare change to get a can of Coke Zero. I even looked under the vending machine. Not my proudest moment.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Jul 24 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #3054

A symphony of atrocities.

Every day I am amazed at Mrs. Rouge's capacity to love me.

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
archegonia
post Jul 24 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #3055

Hardcore BUSTie

i want freedom. i always have.

i want nothing. all of it. i'll twirl in it. i'll stretch as far as i want into nothing. into freedom.

--------------------
leashed only to the wind

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 24 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #3056

(o)(o)

I hate my job so much that if the building burned down, I'd roll around in the ashes, naked and laugh, and be happier than a pig in poop.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
neurotic.nelly
post Jul 23 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #3057

Hardcore BUSTie

i soooooooo want to bury my head, but i cannot. i'd take the red pill... always.

--------------------
Earth: A Satanically ran planet where 98% of it's inhabitants are unquestioning, conformist idiots who are totally controlled and manipulated by the Satanic governments of the world and have been made complacent by said governments, through rigorous brainwashing.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 22 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #3058

oh god, rosey, i'm news obsessed, but well, the two things you talk about in your post are a double whammy with me-- i'm 3rd generation artist, and drawing and painting are not just my hobby they are my coping mechanism, and while i love the stuff i make, i've got a huge book case of drawing reference books, art books, comics, magazines, zines, that i use pretty regularly, so i can't throw them out. i have my art supplies, canvases, etc gotta have that, and now i'm getting into paper sculpture and i got paper scraps, industrial art so i've got metal boxes and metal thing-a-ma-jiggs that i've ingraved with my drawings, and the whammy is, like most of my art friends, we need background noise to work-- so i have npr or air america or something constantly on in the background, because if my mind isn't engaged, i can't be creative.

so even when listening to the news makes me sick, when i draw, paint or anything else, on it goes....

ugh.

ch, thank your lucky stars you don't have a craft, hobby or art. blech.
hobbies are poop! avoid them at all cost!

i long for the days when i arrived in this city and lived out of a small suitcase for a year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jul 22 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #3059

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I go through cycles where I can handle listening to NPR and other news sources, then I reach a point where I can't take it anymore and then stick my head in the sand for several weeks. Right now, I am able to take it, but I know I'll have to take a break soon, especially if I don't find a job.

I discovered that I don't like hobbies that result in me having some extra object sitting around the house. I used to knit & crochet, then I ended up with all this knittted shit everywhere. Same with embroidery & stained glass & all the other crafty hobbies. I don't want to deal with the clutter, so I don't do them anymore.

That's actually one of the problems I have with crocheting or any other craft project--what am I going to do with this when I'm done? This is one of the reasons why, even though I like making things, I don't do it very often, and I'm very picky about what I make. I have very limited space and don't really need any more things in it. Almost all the other people in my family make crafts, so nobody is hurting for afghans or shit like that, and I'm too self-conscious to give my stuff to friends. I sometimes think that maybe I should start making blankets for charity or maybe sell some of it.

Confession: I'm having to bribe myself to get anything productive done. Yesterday it was with downloaded episodes of Mad Men, today it's coffee from my favorite coffee house. I feel like a little kid.

I'm also on the verge of buying a french press because my mom's coffee sucks, I don't have my own coffee maker and I'm too lazy to use hers. Well, maybe I just want an excuse to buy one...

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 22 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #3060

QUOTE(roseviolet @ Jul 22 2008, 12:31 PM) *
Confession: I am very sensitive to the news. Sometimes I get obsessed with it. I started to feel myself getting obsessed with all of the nightmarish talk about the economy - foreclosures, bank failures, increasing gas and food prices - and I was watching it too much. So I've stopped. I'm totally out of touch with what is happening in the big wide world. I haven't even been watching The Daily Show. My head is firmly, calmly, happily buried in the sand.

Same here. I never know what's going on. I don't have cable, don't read about the news or listen to it on the radio. That is...until recently. I've been listening to the BBC and NPR radio for three weeks while driving in my car. I'm scared out of my mind now. I'm afraid we are going to loose our house even though we have six months worth of mortgage payments saved in the bank. I need to stop again. Must rejoin Roseviolet in the sand.

Confession: I just almost killed all the interns on the way back from lunch. I wasn't paying attention and almost pulled out in front of a truck. Totally my fault and very embarrassing. Good job Pugs!!

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2014 - 12:57 PM