Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 222 223 224 225 226 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Dec 26 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #4461

Hardcore BUSTie

herekittykitty:Welcome! I hate to tell you but granny panties are the way to go. Use the thongs when you know you might be intimate.Anyway, Welcome to the club. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
herekittykitty
post Dec 26 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #4462

BUSTie

Hellooooo ladies!

I am thrilled beyond belief to have found this site and expecially this forum! I am 26, and have been suffering from reoccuring BV for about 5 years now....It occurs randomly a few days after having sexual activity..but is not noticable during or after sex. It is mainly noticable mid-day and/or in the evening say after work. I have used all of the ususal meds that my doc has prescribed..but obviously there is no cure all. I don't want to keep visiting her over and over again for this.

As many others have done, I must quickly freshen up and take a shower before any sexual activity and it truly kills the spotaneity of sex with my BF. Even if I take a shower at night before bed...I cannot be confident with my smell the next morning, when my BF tries to wake me up by going down on me. He loves doin this and I won't let him do it without having to run to take a quick shower first. The smell is not as pungent..but is def. not fresh and normal. The BV smell is fishy to a strong ammonia-like odor. The discharge, however, is clear and liquidy ..not at all thick or frothy. I do wear thongs, g-strings on a daily basis and also take bathes quite often. I know I need to change this as I realize now that I'm prone to this annoying condition.

I have read through this forum and countless other sources and I will try douching with hydrogen peroxide first. If that doesn't work....I'll try the tampon dipped in plain yogurt treatment...and if THAT doesn't work...I think I'll jump on the BORIC ACID bandwagon.

I'm trying the hydrogen peroxide today and will report back the results.

I love that we can support each other and share our remedies and ideas. Yay!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 24 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #4463

Hardcore BUSTie

Nevermind, just read up on it. Some websites encourage it, others discourage. They say it can be dangerous. Who knows.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 24 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #4464

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry, that's B-6!!! What is a colonic??

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 24 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #4465

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone tried a colonic?I heard that could help also.If not at least you could get rid of that other stuff so your immune system can get a hold of the bacteria.I think you have to keep hitting it with something so it can get weak and die off.Anyway, I hope everybody has a wonderful and happy holiday.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 24 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #4466

Hardcore BUSTie

JWO: Boric is VAGINAL ONLY!! Just wanted to make sure you knew that!! It's best to do at night, because you will get alot of discharge from it. Or, if you use it in the morning, just make sure you were a pantyliner. I take 2 Folic 800MG every night along with 1 B-3. I'm also taking a Vitamin D. Why? I don't know. Just found it in my medicine cabinet and thought, it couldn't hurt. lol.

I received a rash from the Boric, so just watch out for that. And remember it's only a temporary fix. Most people use it every day, for two weeks, then only as preventative there after.

Glad to have you on board!!

+Quote Post
jwo1880
post Dec 23 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #4467

hi,

i read through a lot of previous posts and found helpful things. do you know before yesterday, i thought i was the only one w/ this problem. i feel so much better to know that this forum exists and you ladies are so helpful/supportive. just wanted to say thanks!

how much folic acid do i take and the boric too? along w/ the acidophilus, r there certain times that i should be taking these things during my day or doesnt matter?

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 23 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #4468

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jwo1880 @ Dec 22 2006, 07:38 PM) *

Hi ladies, im new on here.

Ive lived w/ vaginal odor for three yrs now. I ve been to my OBGYN fifty million times and she can't seem to find out why I have vagianl odor 24/7 of my life. It has caused bedroom issues w/ my boyfriend and I have no idea what to do now. Im only 26 yrs old and I feel like this is runing my life. It's embarrassing and I am lost.

I read about Enzara, i'm almost tempted to buy it to see if it wks. what do u guys think? i've done everything w/ the gels and I recently started taking acidophilus to see if that will help. I havent noticed any changes though.

i read some of your comments and noticed a lot of you guys were taking folic acid, do u think i should try it?

i need help and dont know what to do. my doc has no idea so if you can spare some advice, that would be awesome.

Hello and welcome!

Enzara is a waste of money I tried it too.. Try the folic acid and the boric acid it seems to be the only thing that is working for me so far..

+Quote Post
Making Progress
post Dec 23 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #4469

I just wanted to add to my last entry...If you are going to try a month with no lacto-fermented foods, don't take acidophilus, you will defeat the purpose. You need to figure out if acidophilus (the live cultures in lacto-fermented foods) is making you worse or better.

--------------------
Making Progress

+Quote Post
Making Progress
post Dec 23 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #4470

All,

I would be hesitant about blaming ex-boyfriends for this problem - unless the doctor found an STD. I do think that our bodies can be more sensitive at times. When we are exposed to something new and our immune systems are weak, stuff happens. My doctor told me there is a balance between the different bacteria in the vagina. When yours is off you can get BV. Some people are more suceptible to yeast infections. The only time I get BV is when I eat yogurt or forget to take my double dose of folic acid everyday.

If you are having a problem right now, stop eating lacto-fermented foods (Yogurt, sour cream cheese) and take a double dose of folic acid for one month. Then eat yogurt for two days and wait two days to see if your symtoms get worse - better - or stay the same. What do you have to loose?

I wish you all luck in figuring out what triggers your BV. We are all too young to have our sex lives interupted with this nasty pest.

I hope your holidays are wonderful and full of great sex!!!

--------------------
Making Progress

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 22 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #4471

Hardcore BUSTie

JWO: Read through the posts. Take some ideas from there. We are all now, mostly on Boric Acid, Folic Acid and B-3. But, you have to find what works for you. Enzara is a waste of time and money. It does not work, I've tried it myself.

Good Luck!!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Dec 22 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #4472

BUSTie

jwo1880: Welcome! I haven't tried Enzara or the Jamu stick but you may want to read through the old threads because many women here didn't have any luck with Enzara and the Jamu thing...well...there was some drama with that. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
jwo1880
post Dec 22 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #4473

i just ordered the jamu stick on ebay. hopefully it will work.

+Quote Post
jwo1880
post Dec 22 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #4474

Hi ladies, im new on here.

Ive lived w/ vaginal odor for three yrs now. I ve been to my OBGYN fifty million times and she can't seem to find out why I have vagianl odor 24/7 of my life. It has caused bedroom issues w/ my boyfriend and I have no idea what to do now. Im only 26 yrs old and I feel like this is runing my life. It's embarrassing and I am lost.

I read about Enzara, i'm almost tempted to buy it to see if it wks. what do u guys think? i've done everything w/ the gels and I recently started taking acidophilus to see if that will help. I havent noticed any changes though.

i read some of your comments and noticed a lot of you guys were taking folic acid, do u think i should try it?

i need help and dont know what to do. my doc has no idea so if you can spare some advice, that would be awesome.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 21 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #4475

Hardcore BUSTie

I put no faith in doctors anymore. Herbalists maybe! At least they act like they care.

+Quote Post
JenJen511
post Dec 20 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #4476

But at least we have eachother smile.gif!!! I haven't been on here in a really long time (so long not only did I forget my password, but I no longer have the email address it's tied to... LOL) I did the pantiliner thing today... I can't believe i didn't think of that before... but I was at least a little less self conscious... (never thought that was possible) I also got the folic acid and clorophyll last night after catching up on all of you... Just wanted to drop by and say hi and let you all know I was thinking about you.

So, I think I decided my aweful smell is from the ex-boyfriend... We were together for 4 years (no smell before him.... only after we had sex until now). Haven't been able to get rid of it... Doc says obviously there is something wrong... tested me for clymidia and ghonoreah (which I already knew I didn't have) When the test came back negative, he said just douche once a month and it will go away... HELLO!!!! DIDN'T WE ALREADY DISCUSS THAT DIDN'T WORK?!?!?! mad.gif OMG..... So anyways, I started hanging out with this guy that I dated a really long time ago... and it's been a few months... and we had sex again... the smell was mysteriously gone... happiest month of my life (at least the last 4 years... lol) then i got my period, and started all over again.... huh.gif any ideas???? In the meantime, I'm going to try everything you guys have suggested and see if any of that will help.... Hope you guys are all doing well!!!!

Happy Holidays smile.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 20 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #4477

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, as we all know, Doctors are in the business to make money. And sorry to say, it's always at our expense. Every prescription they have you fill, they get cut backs. So, why try to find a cure??? They would loose thousands of dollars if there was a CURE. Instead, we have to spend our hard earned money, over and over again, on prescriptions that do not work. Or, like 99% on here, have to result to bug killers stuck up our vaginas in order to get some relief.

AND THIS IS AMERICA!!!!

Thanks to all of you for your support. Like I said, the rash came back, so I went off the Boric. It went to my face this time, right under my eye. I haven't used it now for going on 2 weeks, and the rash is gone from my arms, but not my face. And the B.V. is back. Not fish smell, back to the shit smell.

Sorry to those of you who have had people other then your partners smell it. That's only happened to me one time, 10yrs ago or so, but the prescription I took then, took it away, and it didn't come back til years later.

Anyways, don't give up hope ladies. Our vagina's are depending on you!!!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 20 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #4478

Hardcore BUSTie

Same here! I never had health problems until I started/stopped birth control and no matter how much I tell doctors how adamant I am about birth control causing my problems, they NEVER look into it. It sucks that we have to do this alone.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 20 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #4479

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Dec 20 2006, 10:56 AM) *

pianogirl:http://www.helenpensanti.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EVS1

It's the plant kind not the real deal but it helped me a lot. I knew mine was due to hormones eventhough doctors said it was'nt.Doctors stick to a strict protocol and they will not evaluate anything outside of the box.So I just went for it!I thought I have nothing to lose.

Thanks Neverending..I ordered some myself just now...I agree with you in terms with the hormone issue as mine started after I first got on BC pills...Doctors don't really care and you can explain to them what you think might have offset this problem but they dont care sad.gif its very sad...I told my doctor when this issue started I was on Seasonale and experienced alot of heavy breakthrough bleeding...needless to say she told me that once you stop taking the pill everything goes back to normal...not the case...I don't have any health insurance so it was very expensive to keep going to the doctor...oh and holistic docotrs...what a load of crap she didnt help me either....this is a very sad issue we all are dealing with...it makes you selfconsious and embarassed sad.gif I sure hope we all find a way or a doctor that cares enough to help...

Happy Holidays

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 20 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #4480

Hardcore BUSTie

pianogirl:http://www.helenpensanti.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EVS1

It's the plant kind not the real deal but it helped me a lot. I knew mine was due to hormones eventhough doctors said it was'nt.Doctors stick to a strict protocol and they will not evaluate anything outside of the box.So I just went for it!I thought I have nothing to lose.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 222 223 224 225 226 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31, 2014 - 04:24 AM