The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
girltrouble
post Oct 10 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #561

new highs in personal lows daily!

YAY! hi kayte!!!!!!

missed you! welcome back, chicklet! *big hug*

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 10 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #562

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(go_kayte @ Oct 9 2008, 11:41 PM) *
Hi busties.

I've been here before but I'm back.

Hi!!

Hey, glad you're back- you posted awhile back about needing a roommate in Chicago...are you still living here?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
go_kayte
post Oct 9 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #563

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi busties.

I've been here before but I'm back.

Hi!!

+Quote Post
cocobakerchica
post Oct 9 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #564

[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font][/size][size="4"][color="#800080"][/color]

Hey fellow BUST babes!

My name is geri. I've been a BUST subscriber for 5 years now, and I'm lovin' every minute of it. I'm a professi0onal pastry chef/baker who is trying to bolster the resume and knowledge by studying for a BS in Health and Wellness, to tack Dietitian and Nutrition Expert to the Chef thing. This is my first time joining the Lounge, but I use the site to shop and find cool, funky shopping sites, and the Boobtique is so cute.

My one gripe with the Boobtique is that just about all the stuff that has the vintage old school pics of women on them(the journals, totebags, notecards, etc)have only Caucasian women on them. I being a proud woman of color, usually end up tinting the skin colors to a more tan or brown shade. Can't you show the ladies of color that we're just as cute as the Caucasian blonds, brunettes and redheads? Two prime examples of old school sexy ladies of color are Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Carmen Miranda, Eartha Kitt, Rita Moreno and Nancy Kwan. All lovely, and I'm so sure the Black GI's had Dorothy Dandridge as their pinup during the Korean War, like Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable were for White GI's during the same time and WWII in Betty Grable's case.

If I have to, I suppose I have to get crafty and send in a sample!

Love and Peace. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kimdonesia
post Oct 9 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #565

Hi,

My name is Kim, I'm an artist and a student in my second year of college. I love love bust, I'm new to the lounge as an actual member but come here often for advice.

+Quote Post
radishpits
post Oct 9 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #566

Hello! I used to post here a few years back, apparently before a lot of bells and whistles were added! Sorry, I'd write more, but I have a ton of features to explore. If you are an old-timer, perhaps we know one another? I used to be m$e$e%t#a^y, minus the colorful symbols.

I have a question (well, many, but one for now)... What ever happened to the bust travel guide? I think I just used it a few weeks ago...? Maybe it's been longer, but I can't seem to find it. Has it been relocated? Does anyone know of an equally "hipster" take on local delights online? I'm looking for a directory of sorts, where I can just punch in the place I'd like to go.

More pressing, though, I was hoping there was info on cool things to doin Flagstaff (I know, I know), as my friend just moved there for school!

Any help with any of these questions would be appreciated, I'll repost the part about flagstaff elsewhere, as well.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 8 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #567

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, criminy! How I miss HOME! Welcome, BritHorvat! Do tell how's tricks in the mile high cit-ay!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
BritHorvat
post Oct 8 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #568

Hey ladies! I interned for BUST in NYC about two years ago - and during that time I was the lounge moderator. smile.gif Now I'm back on the site as a Denver gal who is anxious to share topics, links, opinions and gather my own insight from other bad ass ladies in the Lounge.

I'm the Denver Women's Examiner in Denver - like writing about local women doing cool things - but also like to touch on national issues from time to time. Visit my page and feel free to send story ideas my way!

In the meantime I'm lookin forward to gettin involved again.

Denver Women's Examiner

--------------------
Brit Horvat
(former BUST intern)
Denver Women's Examiner

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Oct 8 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #569

A symphony of atrocities.

Hello all, welcome!

*passes around tapas platter*

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
earthwoman
post Oct 7 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #570

Hey Girlz....just another newbie from the philly area saying hello wink.gif...

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Oct 7 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #571

BUSTie

Hi ladies, another new girl! Nice to meet you! I'll have one of those margaritas, please smile.gif

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Oct 7 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #572

Hardcore BUSTie

wow, so much newbie action! welcome everyone! *starts blender* who's up for margaritas?

+Quote Post
PixiePink
post Oct 7 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #573

BUSTie

Welcome to the club Newbies!!!

Hi from LA!

+Quote Post
postiemuse2
post Oct 7 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #574

BUSTie

Hi I was on the board a bit a few years back - earache and being bored has sent me back !

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 7 2008, 02:41 AM
Post #575

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, how ever nice it is to get new Busties! Welcome to the Lounge. Kick off yur shoes, I'm sure somebody's pouring something & there's bound to be snacks!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Fango DeMaria
post Oct 7 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #576

Hey, I'm Marylou. I discovered this website and the magazine about six months ago, and now I realize that there was actually a forum. Silly me? I'm from Miami. So... uh, yeah. I'll be lurking if you need me.

+Quote Post
eileen grace
post Oct 6 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #577

Hi, just a line to say hello and thank you for being here, a woman's space. Just what I need, somewhere to be myself, not have to look good or pretend to laugh at egotists jokes. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Oct 2 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #578

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Welcome new people!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
hellcat
post Oct 1 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #579

BUSTie

Welcome to the lounge Eulalia, Babydollhead, Spatzlemaus and Blushed! I've just recently joined back here and hope to see you on the boards! So...WELCOME!

*pulls up a chair and opens a Strongbow*

+Quote Post
Blushed
post Oct 1 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #580

BUSTie

Hola! Im new round' here and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Any California neighbors here? Anywho I hope to chat with you all soo. Take Care! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 07:44 AM