Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

50 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frustrated Singles
snow white
post Dec 11 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #361

Hardcore BUSTie

candycane, i doubt those guys are worth your time. i just think open relationships are kinda sad.

about internet personals, i'm also sick of looking through pages of hopeless cases or getting "ice breakers" or "eye contacts" from ppl i have no interest in, i esspecially hate when guys bordering their 40's are sending me messages. my age limit says 35, which i think is more than generous, i always imagine these older guys are just out for a little "excitment" which pisses me off~ but i did get one interesting message yesterday (from someone my age) i just hope, like anna k said, i don't chicken out from meeting someone possible decent...

i wish i could meet someone in "real life" but i work in a very female oriented place (health care) and i'm going school for the same field... that pretty much leaves only the bars and the last guy i met at a bar i never bothered to call back. the last internet date i went on i feel like i was ripped off by a used car sales man. the ad was better than the actual product. so it really makes me wonder about inernet ads anyway

"Executive cock means holding out for having sex with someone who's worth it." (i like that)

--------------------
I'm not loaded, I'm just tired of being nice
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anna k
post Dec 10 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #362

Hardcore BUSTie

Executive cock means holding out for having sex with someone who's worth it.

I've been working out more and feeling better, but not interested in online dating, and want to meet people more through work and my interests then trying to pick someone out online. I just feel like I've been in transition for awhile, and the times I could've had a guy I chickened out out of nervousness and shyness.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Dec 10 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #363

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugh, I'm actually feeling really frustrated right now. See, the two guys that I've been seeing are both in open relationships so while it's great that I can hang out with them, it's also a bit sad knowing that I can only ever get so far with them. When am I going to meet a guy who's truly single and who I can have to myself (or, if things go the way I want, we would be each other's primary partner but we would still be able to date other people)?

I just feel so lonely and sad right now and I hate it and I'm really not sure how to meet people in the real world. I kind of feel like I'm done with online dating because it only makes me more depressed to look at page after page of people I'm not interested in.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 10 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #364

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Okay, I've been on Bust awhile but could someone please explain to me what "executive cock" and "popcorn" mean? And how did "diryt" start, anyway?

Thanks!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 10 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #365

brown delicious

whoa ophelia. that's what i want too.

you know what, i'm kinda glad that my previous shitty taste in men is encouraging me not to settle. i mean, i think i just wasn't ready to settle for someone good and/or that i was a good enough woman to deserve a good man. and now, i'm like, "shit, i'm a good woman and i want a good man." especially one who will work for me (i.e. executive cock). cause i know what i've got as a woman. i can do the domestic stuff and bring home the bacon cause i have a kick ass job. now, i need to stop telling myself how i need to prove myself to a man and have him prove himself to me. and maybe i should put in this in the taking up the whole damn thread...i don't know.

another funny thing, my roomie keeps tellin' me how i should never make statements in my head about not staying where i am and wanting to move west. he said something to the effect that i could fall in love with a man and end up staying here. and i'm like, uh, no dude. you don't know me. i'm moving away from here. i might fall in love with a man, but i'm moving either way. seriously. my life was on hold for 2 years. my career is in a great place right now.

at the same time, i think my roomie likes to piss me off. well, we piss each other off. wink.gif

end rant.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sassysarahart
post Dec 10 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #366

BUSTie

I have a thing with bathrooms, if they are not clean I will not use them and I feel the urge to clean a nasty one. I've had couple boyfriends who washrooms were disgusting and I would stay over night and have to use the washroom so I actually ended up cleaning the bathroom. So gross when there is hair and the like all over the place.

I'm a bit of a neat freak though. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Dec 9 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #367

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, who brought up the bathroom thing? Cause I barely clean my own bathroom and I don't care how much I love a guy, he can clean his own damn bathroom!

+Quote Post
glassk
post Dec 9 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #368

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, by fan club, I mean people that like me but I don't really like 'like that' or friends with benefits, or ex-boyfriends. Everything that falls just a little bit short of a real relationship. I think that might be a glassk expression though. Haha.

I am so with you on that feedback thing. I think I gave my ex WAY too much feedback, in hopes he'd loop it back, but it didnt work that way. Oh well.

I've never wanted to clean someone's bathrooms; but I would want to do things FOR them, and if it was the bathroom, I'd do it.

I really want to share an apartment with a boyfriend. Never have. maybe that's why.

--------------------
creativity? Art Mash-Up

+Quote Post
coela
post Dec 9 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #369

Hardcore BUSTie

glassk, fan club? I don't think I have a fan club. Don't think I could gather one either.
I guess that's another bustword (hee hee) I don't quite get. Booty call?
Popcorn? Chocolate?

ophelia, HAHA, I sound like your ex? That is funny. But you are right - I do want a lot
of feedback from people, and also have a tendency to think in black & white a lot. And I
easily invest a lot of interest in new people, if I like them. Not in a crazy person sort
of way (I hope??), but I can ask lots of questions and just be.. a little intense, I guess.

"Most normal people would've just left your note at that if they wanted to reject you seriously."
Yes, they would, wouldn't they? I think I would. Or would I? I'm always torn between being
honest and being "nice", and I guess most people are. But he seemed like an honest person,
didn't agree with me on everything just to be polite, we disagreed on several subjects,
but it was alright. I actually liked it! It made the conversation much more interesting.

"wanting to clean someone's bathrooms" - Nope, haven't felt that. ;-) But I agree on the other parts.
Being able to be alone and feel free is very important to me, too. Or ESSENTIAL, in fact.
I'd rather have my own place than share an apartment. A house would be ok, perhaps.
I've shared apartments with boyfriends three times and friends twice, and it was lovely
and fun in many ways, but I never seemed to get any work done, and always felt a nagging
need for more space and more time alone.

+Quote Post
glassk
post Dec 9 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #370

Hardcore BUSTie

Ophelia, I like to think that combo exists. Although, I find the joys of solitude are too quickly forgotten when I have the option of awesome portions. I have that monkey, too wink.gif

AND- I called skaterboi, who answered when he was at work (good) but hasn't called back (bad). maybe he's still at work. i'm in a funk, today, and therefore assuming the worst about everything. gah!

Coela, I think your Yes sounds good, same as I said before, but if its worrying you too much, maybe find someone to have in your fan club for december. I am a big advocate of the appetizer. Also known as popcorn before chocolate. smile.gif

I wish I had a fan club to call on right now, but I'm so exhausted I don't have time for them anyways if it existed. I want portions and sleep and am getting neither. eh.

--------------------
creativity? Art Mash-Up

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post Dec 8 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #371

Hardcore BUSTie

man, for me sex is like this monkey screaming around inside my body trying to get out. V bad. Unless somehow taken into hand. teeheehee.

well, I thought your email sounded a little chilly but not martyr-ish. I mean, really. If you just got rejected, then how are supposed to feel?

Also, about brother's opinion on said Yes!, maybe so, but why would he have responded at all? Most normal people would've just left your note at that if they wanted to reject you seriously. Or maybe responded later on in the month when he actually did have time. It sounds to me that he seriously wanted to see you, was maybe a little stressed but didn't want to get all in a big emotional thing about it, and was portioning out time accordingly. If I were in his position, I would set aside time exactly like that, no matter how much I liked the girl simply because it is good planning. The immediate reaction of some people is different to others. Some process information better when given time to reflect--that's so me. He might be exactly like that, you never know. Just because he isn't feeding you information doesn't mean he hates you. (you sound like my ex O =) A compliment, a good man but prone to wanting too much feedback from me.

Glass-K...(((you))) been thinking about yous... I agree with coela=/
But yay! enjoy the unexpected happinesses!!

Soooo....I'm torn between wanting to clean someone's bathrooms and cook and amazing portions and the joys of solitude and the wild freedom I feel when alone. I would like it above all else if I discovered someone who provided me both.
Does that exist?

--------------------
There is a willow grows aslant a brook,
That shows his hoar leaves in the glassy stream.
There with fantastic garlands did she come...

+Quote Post
coela
post Dec 8 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #372

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you glassk!

To be friends when you're obsessed is seldom a good idea. But yay for skater boy! :-)

Although I'm starting to re-evaluate the "Yes!" (with an EXCLAMATION MARK! yes it's important!)
after I talked to my brother, who is considerably more in contact with advertising & PR people
in his job and said "that is SUCH a busy person's style of e-mail, like he had 2 seconds to answer you.
My boss is just like that, he tells everything he wants to say in the subject line"

Which I sort of knew, of course, I know he's super busy. But I never really thought about
the possibility that the brisk "Yes!" could be just "Ok I rrrreally have to work now, bye bye".
Oh e-mail contact, how I detest it sometimes. My brother said I sounded like a martyr when I
sent him the "Ok, I understand" e-mail, when all I wanted to do was to sound relatively business
and chill (and yes, perhaps a tad cold) about it. LE SIGH. At least I got the "Yes!", although I'm
not so sure about it anymore.

I must say that I honestly don't miss sex all that much when I'm single. I miss being head over heels
and passionate and crazy in love, and when I fall in love, I think about sex a lot, too. But as for now, nah.
I am indeed frustrated, but emotionally/socially frustrated, not sexually so.

+Quote Post
glassk
post Dec 8 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #373

Hardcore BUSTie

i want portions too..... argh.

coela, it makes me happy to hear that he responded with a quick Yes. i bet he spent all that time trying to figure out how he could fit you in without making it seem like a reject. smile.gif It's good.

I called my Feb-Sept.. no answer. Good thing, i guess. i want to be friends with him, but it seems i'm still too obsessed. sad.gif

Skaterboi, however, just gets more and more awesome. I saw him on Thursday...... I should take this to the other thread.

--------------------
creativity? Art Mash-Up

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post Dec 8 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #374

Hardcore BUSTie

yay Sara =) I'm glad! I would very much to meet an interesting man. Please god? POOOOORTIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOONS NOW.

Coela, portions just=sex. just as diryt isn't a misspelling and popcorn isn't something you actually eat, and executive cock should be so lucky...the lounge has its own terminology as I am sure you have apprehended by now, harhar. I am feeling all sentimental today, aw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassysarahart
post Dec 8 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #375

BUSTie

I think I have met a nice guy who is NOT a douche bag. Which is refreshing because most of the guys I've dated in the past have not been the greatest guys. I'm happy about this one, I have a good gut feeling about him! smile.gif

+Quote Post
coela
post Dec 7 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #376

Hardcore BUSTie

Ophelia, thank you! No need to be eloquent. :-) I express myself mostly in squealing noises at the moment.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long... good thing he reads my blog though, so he can't just forget about
me during the time he's away. I hope, at least.

Um..I've never really understood the word "portions". Is that sex in general? Or lots of sex? Or a particular
kind of sex?

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post Dec 7 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #377

Hardcore BUSTie

Coela!! yay!

So, yeah. A little peevish I may be being strung along... I'd like to know where I stand thankyouverymuch. At this point, my thesis is my date, so I'm just sorta floating along. Ask me in Jan.

I am however really unfortunately going crazy without portions. Argh. I knew I had to come in here and post when I started thinking the Green Knight in the Pearl Poet's Sir Gawain and the Green Knight sounded kind of attractive. (early Middle English) ahahha dear god, there is something wrong with me.

ps Coela--I saw that yesterday and I never know what to say, other than, "go get em tiger!" wish I was more eloquent =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
coela
post Dec 6 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #378

Hardcore BUSTie

Update - I'm sure you're dying to know :-P -
I walked around scratching my head for an hour and a half,
and then more or less decided that it was a polite rejection, and wrote back a short:

"Ok, I understand. If you have the time later on, let me know."

and decided to give the whole thing a rest. I thought that would be the last
I would hear from him, at least for a really long time.

Five minutes later I got an answer: "Yes!"

!!!

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 6 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #379

Hardcore BUSTie

ugh, boys.

coela, you could suggest that since you live so close, does he want to meet up for coffee or something short like that? if he won't make time for that, then that might be your answer.

+Quote Post
coela
post Dec 6 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #380

Hardcore BUSTie

I opened the e-mail at long last, but that didn't exactly make me any wiser.
It said that he would have loved to see me this week, but he's away in business
a lot before Christmas in (insert city 50 miles away), and could we get in touch after
the holidays about it?

After the holidays? That's like.. January.

I hate being a grown-up. People actually leave town in BUSINESS. It's a perfect excuse,
if it's a diss, because I know he's away in business a lot. When we met he had just got home
from a business trip to said city. If he's just trying to let me down gently, it will take me weeks to know.

When you were 15, at least all the excuse you had was "eer.. I have a lot of homework",
and then you'd know immediately you had been rejected.

Ok, so I didn't want radio silence, but I didn't really want to be left hanging for a month either..
And I do believe that if you live 2 blocks away from each other, you can find the time to take a walk,
if you really wanted to.

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 06:55 AM