The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yeast infection--experienced advice, anyone?
debbie32404
post May 28 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #241

Well, after a year of doctors visits, Diflucan out the wazoo, Monistat, 1,3,5 and 7, Boric Acid, Lotrisone, Diprolene, and a biopsy, all to no avail, only to be told there was nothing left for them to do for me, I got po'd and changed gynos...This one took one long look, did some cultures, and wrote a script for Gynazole. Wonder of wonders, I have been itch and burn free for 3 whole days. I am almost afraid to get excited but the past three days have been awesome. I had never heard of this drug before but it works as far as I can tell. It is a broad spectrum anti fungal. Has anyone else used this and had success of any kind with it? She also said I had Vulvar Vestibulitis and gave me some ideas on how to cope with that.
Anyway, just thought I would pass the word about Gynazole.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
venusindisguise
post May 27 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #242

BUSTie

Gah. I have the beginnings of a yeast infection. I've only had one other before and it was TERRIBLE (right when I was writing finals). I'm pretty sure this one has been brought on by the antibiotics I've been taking for my strep throat.
I'm off to buy some acidophollus pills. I hope that will help.
My question though...and this is super stupid, but I know that I will drink tonight. I usually drink beer, which i know is bad for my crotch right now. Is drinking vodka any better....what if I drink vodka w/ cranberry juice?
(reason for drinking: The Edmonton Oilers are playing tonight). Thanks.

+Quote Post
catedud
post May 26 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #243

thanks penelopaid. i am inserting them in my vagina. i figured i shouldn't have sex the night I insert them or the day after because of the discharge. thanks for your help!

+Quote Post
penelopiad
post May 25 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #244

BUSTie

catedud: just to be clear (because I'm not sure what you mean by "taking") you don't ingest boric acid capsules orally, you place them high in the vagina (I find using one of those plastic suppository applicators helps, but a finger does too).

They won't affect your birth control, and you can have sex, but it can be kind of messy, honestly. You get quite a bit of discharge from doing this, but I wouldn't say the solution is quite as easy as having sex on a towel or in the shower. You want the boric acid to have time to do its job and having intercourse can change the pH of the vagina. Since you're only using them twice a week, I would maybe wait half a day to a day after each suppository before intercourse, but that is just me.

+Quote Post
juland
post May 25 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #245

Okay, I have a question similar to one that was already posted, but my situation is a bit different. I was prescribed boric acid (600mg nightly for two weeks) for a recurring yeast infection. Symptoms went away, everything was going great. But on day 5, I started to feel irritated and itchy again. It was occasional and mild, but enough to notice. Today is day 7 and the irritation is still there (and a little worst today to boot). So is this just a side effect of boric acid? Would it be wise to stop using the medicine? I did call my doctor, and a nurse said that the pH was changing, and that was why I felt irritated. Has this happened to anyone else? Did it eventually subside? Thanks in advance for any responses.

+Quote Post
catedud
post May 25 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #246

hey TINY T, i had boric acid perscribed to me but i am pretty sure you can get in at any health food store!!!

+Quote Post
catedud
post May 25 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #247

hey all. my doctor suggested taking boric acid suppositories twice a week for two months to prevent getting yeast infections as often as i do but he didn't say anything about not having sex during this....do you think i can?? he told me it would not effect my birth control, so that means he is thinking i will have sex, right??

+Quote Post
tiny_t
post May 20 2006, 06:32 AM
Post #248

can someone tell me where to get my hands on boric acid

+Quote Post
tiny_t
post May 20 2006, 06:27 AM
Post #249

I have suffered from thrush for 4 years now. I have spent untold money of products like three-lac,spliantes,creams,diffilun,acidillious ,you name it and still aint cleared it up.I have yet to try boric acid which im just after hearing off since i came to this site so hopefully it wil work.Im not positive that there is any cure for thrush now cause i have it so long.I am so depressed from al of this.Especially now im in a relationship for the last 8 mths,using comdoms of course but he wants me to go on the pill now and even thou i do too how the hell can i.i dont want him to find out or get thrush off me..What are we al gonna do eh!!!!!

+Quote Post
mela
post May 16 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #250

BUSTie

schoolnight. You might have bacterial vaginosis. You should go to the doctor and have them give you some flagyl to clear the infection. Yeast infections usually don't smell (just itch and burn).

+Quote Post
ladylolita
post May 15 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #251

Hi, I'm a new girl and have yeast infections every couple months. I'm interested in the tea tree oil/q tip method ... read several ladies loving it, but I can't find where the method was explained. Can someone enlighten me please?

+Quote Post
schoolnight
post May 10 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #252

BUSTie

so i had sex with a girl and now i don't smell the same as i did before. i smell kinda fishy and it gets itchy a bit sometimes but nothing horrendous. just wondering if anyone knows if this means a yeast infection or something else?

+Quote Post
humanist77
post May 1 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #253

belligerently lazy

I know that acidophillus doesn't work for everyone, but I just have to come in here and rave about my own experience. I've been taking it for awhile now. It works wonders as a preventative measure-if I remember to take it everyday (2-4 pills daily), I do not get any yeast infections at all, month after month-even around my period, which is my most vulnerable time. I can also eat bread and sweets and drink beer freely.

Sometimes if I am lazy and forget for a few days, then I will get a little itchy-but I just have to take acidophillus (about 4-6 pills a day, for a few days straight) and the infection is completely gone. I just got a really bad infection last week because I was lazy and it is gone now, just using this method alone. I am continuously amazed with the results!

Again, I know this doesn't work for everyone, but I have to make a reminder that it takes several days of taking the pill, several times a day to work. Be patient-I know it's hard to do that when you have a yeast infection, but it's much safer, easier, and cheaper than using Monistat or other OTC chemicals. I use a brand called Natrol that I find at walgreens-the cap and label are purple-they usually have a 2 for 1 bottle deal. That is all : )

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Apr 29 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #254

Hardcore BUSTie

Hellotampon, Oral thrush presents like many other oral ailments--it's always best to have this properly diagnosed. If you're not having a lot of success with oregano oil and you've been using it for a while now, then chances are good there's either a huge maintaining cause for the oral thrush, or what you think is oral thrush isn't oral thrush at all. Please have it checked out. There are alternative treatments for every kind of ailment, so if you see a dentist who gives you a prescription you aren't fully prepared to use, I can help point out some other options.

KMP, I agree that it really does suck to be on premarin or any kind of hormonal therapy at any time. The big trend right now is to seek out practitioners who are knowledgeable about "bioidentical" hormones--that is, hormones that aren't synthesized in a lab but actually come from animal gland sources and are as similar to human hormones (chemically) as possible. The concept's great in theory, and in comparison to using the fake hormones, but once again you're still putting far more of any particular type of hormone into the body than your own body would ever make...so the end result isn't much different from synthetic hormones. Either way, in my humble opinion, sucks. They can't help but devastate your own body's hormonal balance even if it is temporarily for some people. Anyway, I don't want to rant...so here's a few suggestions for what to do to just support your body's attempts to move back towards full health (which works much better if you can get off the premarin ASAP).

Eat a restorative diet which includes fresh, organic if you can get it, REAL food--food that you can prepare yourself or at least know is packed with nutrients. Try to keep it balanced, and give yourself time to prepare and eat your food so you're not just choosing foods "cause they're there, and you're hungry, and you've got no time". High quality meats and fish, real cheeses, real butter and good, pure, high quality expeller or cold pressed oils; eat whole grains instead of processed ones and limit your intake of processed foods all together. Most importantly, take advantage of all the fresh, leafy spring vegetables available right now--things like fresh asparagus, fresh dandelion greens, arugula, baby lettuces, broccoli rabe or rapini--any kind of dark, leafy green veggies. Many of these veggies help to support the liver's own detoxification process, and if you've been using the premarin your liver needs support because it has definitely been overworked. Eat lots of fresh greens, pulses, beans, nuts; and, in moderation, fresh fruit. Eggs are great food too, if you can and do eat them: find a real free range organic source if you like them. One egg contains every nutrient our bodies need (except vitamin C). They're a good source of protein, too.

Rest well--avoid stress-filled situations if you can, avoid people you know can be problematic for you while you are trying to get better; make sure you give yourself plenty of opportunity to sleep and indulge in your favourite recreational activities. If you don't think you're getting all the nutrients you need from your foods, choose a nutritional supplement from a high quality neutraceutical line (in Canada, look for Metagenics, Genestra, PHP, Kirkman, or Allergy Research Org, Biotics research to name a few--in the US, I like Douglas Labs and Biotics) and take your vitamins and minerals (make sure these formulations include trace minerals) every day.

Most importantly for restoring your own hormone balance, don't forget to supplement the diet with high quality fats--omega 3 fatty acids like flax seed oil if you're vegan or vegetarian; high quality, pure fish oils if you're not: omega 6 fatty acids like Oil of Evening Primrose (particularly for the dryness you're experiencing in the vagina, and also because it will help to regulate your whole reproductive cycle and maintain your sexual/emotional health). Another beneficial oil is cocoanut oil: it helps to keep the thyroid gland functioning properly (and that helps, of course, with overall health and hormone balance), and it is also anti-fungal. It tastes very good and it's stable at very high temperatures, which makes it a great cooking oil.

Of course, avoiding foods which create stress for the body should be done, too--refined, sugary foods, soy and corn and anything else you know to be genetically modified...you know the drill. The key is to eat simply, and eat whole, fresh foods which are restorative. You don't need to get drastic, but eating lighter meals, or even smaller meals eaten more often during the day, might help; don't worry about what you "can't" have. Nothing is really off limits except pure junk, like candy bars, fast food that's always overloaded with bad fats and excessively high-caloric dressings, plus "flavourings", and foods you know cause you distress. You can have special foods (like desserts) in moderation, too. Just remember not to overburden yourself food wise--this isn't about making drastic punitive changes to your diet...it's about trying to support your body's own efforts to get well. Too many heavy, rich foods eaten too often will just overburden your digestive organs...that's the opposite of your intentions.

Hope this helps, KMP.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Apr 28 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #255

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm pretty sure I have thrush. I've been taking Candida Clear pills (they're herbal) and gargling with salt water and oil of oregano for days now and my tongue still looks white. This sucks.

+Quote Post
kissmypineapple
post Apr 28 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #256

Hardcore BUSTie

I just got over a monster yeast infection, but my labia always take so long to heal! I have a vulvar pain issue already, so the infection was a major setback. I'm no longer itchy or burning, but my labia feel parched and kind of itchy, but not in a yeasty way...more of a dry way.

My doctor has put me on premarin (sort of discouraging to need estragen therapy at 22), just topically on the outside, b/c she's hoping that it will plump my labia and make them a little less sensitive, but does anyone have any ideas for how to accelerate or at least help my bodies natural healing process? My boyfriend and I are going on vacation in a week, and I don't want to have to avoid sex.

Chachaheels, you seem really knowledgeable about these things (did you say you are a naturapath, or homeopath before?)...do you have any suggestions?

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post Apr 28 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #257

Hardcore BUSTie

ugh. me who finally had my yeast under control is now laying in bed unable to sleep, and feeling really itchy (not that i can't sleep because of it, two separate things!)...damn vinegar i've been eating so much off it. i totally fell of the wagon with my yeast-free diet. i've been slathering my food with ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, etc. and now i'm paying for it! arg!!!

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Apr 25 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #258

BUSTie

When I have a yeast infection I eat absolutely no sugar or carbs. It sucks but it helps while treating because yeast thrives on sugar.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 12:03 AM