Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 275 276 277 278 279 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
tyger
post May 26 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #5521

Hardcore BUSTie

every once in a while i watch the evening news to remind myself why i don't.

today: a man with a dog who sniffed out a cancerous side of his head, sports, a grocery store with a caved-in roof, and a sexual predator is being released.
it makes me lose even more faith in the human race.

i honestly don't know if i'm pretty
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 25 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #5522

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Sometimes I'm afraid my relationship is going to fall apart and I blame my boyfriend for not changing things I have addressed...but really, I think the issues I have that I am unable or unwilling to change is what would really cause us to break up.

I'm really ashamed of the fact that I find it impossible to say "I love you" to anyone, much less him, after 5 years.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
peterbilt
post May 25 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #5523

BUSTie

I just charged a neighbor my full consulting rate, that I normally charge for professional work, just to install her DSL.

I don't feel guilty about charging for my time. I feel guilty because I did it to make her think twice about asking me to come over and help her with stupid shit. I wish I were not capable of being so disdainful.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post May 25 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #5524

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Um, I confess ... I'm a Catholic.
In Scotland (and I'm thinking this differs from the rest of the UK...) we have denominational and non-denominational schools. However, you do not have to be Catholic to go to a predominantly Catholic school, I had Protestant and Muslim friends at school; the criteria for school choice is mainly good school/location. As an aside, I know of one Jewish nursery school in my city, many synagogues and many mosques but no other religious schools (even private - fee-paying).

end of my derailment.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
snafooey
post May 25 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #5525

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

I've never known of any local Jews who went to Catholic school (and I know a lot Jews) - it's not really a common practice here, as far as I know (I'm in a large urban Canadian area). Also, in Quebec, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia I believe that all religious schools are subsidized by the governemnt. . .though don't quote me on that one, it's only what I've heard/read. Here in Ontario, only Catholic schools are and it's been a very contentious issue b/c Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, etc. schools are not. Still, in most cases, people are more likely to try and send their kids to a public school in a "good area."

*apologizes for further derailing this thread from confessional mode*

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post May 25 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #5526

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm too lazy to edit the typos in my last post.

But obviously (I hope) I'm not anti-semitic, either.
Did you ever know anyone who would only show up if you were in trouble or pain of some kind? Creepy, isn't it?

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post May 25 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #5527

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy Birthday, Lucizoe!

It's a strange phenomeonon, people putting non-catholic kids in catholic schools if the public ones in their area are scary. It happens a lot in Boston, I would imagine any Northern US or Canadian urban area. In my suburb, catholic kids were a minority --there wasn't even a catholic church, or *gasp of horror* synagogue in our town. I used to think the catholic girlls were kind of cool, they'd come in wearing their communion dresses or ashes or something.

Have you seen "The Sixth Sense"? My take on that movie is that M. Night Shymalan was a little freaked by his sudden, rather late immersion into some of the weirder catholic beliefs. His parents in Philadelphia put him in a catholic school because it was prestigious. "You mean if I'm a nice person, people who were tortured to death will show themselves to me and give me advice? AHHHHHHH!!!!"

Nothing against catholics though, some of my irish relatives are catholic. I used to think it was kind of cool.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 25 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #5528

(o)(o)

Happy belated b-day lucizoe!

Confession: I really really really like taunting and making fun of those associated with the right wing, particularly one pesting, beasty tr*ll. I so thirve on seeing these people miserable. Hmm maybe I was associated with death in a past life? Either that or I am a sadist.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post May 25 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #5529

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

*eep!*

Thanks!!

When I was in Catholic school everyone thought I was Jewish because I wasn't Catholic (apparently Not Catholic = Jewish). On Jewish holidays everyone would say something to me, very nicely, and I was too shy to correct them. I always felt weird about that.

+Quote Post
lunasol
post May 25 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #5530

Hardcore BUSTie

humanist, i bet your parents would rather have had you steal condoms from them than not use them at all, right?

sometimes i think i'm too selfish to ever be in a real relationship. i like my space too much.

ETA: happy b-day lucizoe!!!! you rock!!!

+Quote Post
livelyupurself
post May 25 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #5531

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy Birthday ((((lucizoe))))! *mwah*

+Quote Post
humanist77
post May 24 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #5532

belligerently lazy

I used to steal condoms from my parents before I was on the pill! I always felt weird about it, and it's not that I was afraid to buy them myself, it's that we had no money! Better safe than sorry!

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post May 24 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #5533

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

*It's my birthday...so I'm bumping*

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 24 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #5534

Hardcore BUSTie

I recently asked a couple of friends if they think of themselves as damaged and they said no. This is why I keep my secrets.

I sometimes hate one of my best friends because she makes me feel really guilty over stuff I did when we were in middle school or high school. When someone brings up that they feel bad about something they did to me a few years ago I tell them it's in the past, no worries, and I mean it. I feel like she wants me to always feel guilty sometimes. She can be a very caring person but she often hurts people in deeper ways and I hate that.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 24 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #5535

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess.... I hate Steve K.....

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post May 24 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #5536

Hardcore BUSTie

sometimes i wish i could have an eating disorder, just long enough to get skinny, and i resent that my self-esteem's too high and i'm too well educated on the dangers to let myself starve.

i'm jealous of my 7-month old niece because my brother's already giving her a better life than i'll ever be able to give my daughter.

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post May 24 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #5537

Hardcore BUSTie

Forgot to say thank you for the support pepper and misspissed! You rule. Julia Cameron and Clea Simon are two cool writers with "those very special family members" Otherwise it's pretty much under the old rug - also, Sheila Ballantine "Norma Jean the Termite Queen" is hella cool funny book about her moving out from under negative expectations.

Confess; well, I too feel smarter and prettier than most people.

I also feel I trust smart and attractive people more. Why? because people that consider themselves to be ugly or stupid are often very defensive and envious and do the whole "suck up to authority so you can pick on someone" or gang up kind of thing. What did the t-shirt say? Never underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people?

Something like that.

It's amazing to meet people who are quite attractive that still think they're ugly though. It's like what they say about bears. They won't hurt you unless you corner them!!

But you never know what THE BEAR WILL CONSIDER being cornered.

Another: I will behave with great virtue and discipline for awhile and then get sick of it and just want to sit around and read and write and draw and eat sugary things. It's like slumping back to childhood. It's not just resting, it's really blowing things off.

And i would MUCH rather blow money on eating out than cook for myself. I'm just happy I had good lunches this week. What's so hard about it fer fecks sake. I'm hoping a more bright and pleasant kitchen with a stove that's gas instead of electric will help with this but I wouldn't count on it.

I think my guy is getting annoyed at how little housework I do. But then it's cool I've got a guy who doesn't think he's entitled to "services"

Also I resent women -- mostly -- who think all they have to do to get through life is have relationships with people. Not just living off a man, that's not what I mean -- you might stay home for many different reasons -- but people that show up for a low-level job, barely can do any of it, never want to do anything, and try to jive, connive, backbite and gossip all fricking day long. Or, you know them socially and they are really powertripping on the friends, and defensive about how little money they make, and always trying to pay less than their fair share on shared bar tabs or apartment roommate things or something, and yet, they do not make, nor have they EVER made, nor do they have any INTENTION of ever making, even one single move to get an education, skills, or any other credentials. grrr!!

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 24 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #5538

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

freckle - I do that. Constantly, to anyone and everyone.

I think I sometimes pick fights with my father just because I can.

I am not studying for my exam. I'm procrastinating on here.

I don't want my friend's two (female) friends to move in with us. When you add his gf, that makes five people - and the friends & gf and him are all friends, but I am only his friend. I don't want to live with lots of people, and I don't want to live with girls. I especially don't want to live with his friends.

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post May 24 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #5539

Hardcore BUSTie

sin: volunteering in my girl's school today, observing the 8th graders, and I systematically categorized and labeled some of them :
".. I'd put you, you ( big lipped surfer kinda boys w/ shaggy hair, the 'don't notice me/I've got a secret' bobbed hair girl and the shy looking girl in the way back that I think could really rock out if given the chance, in a band together"
".. future criminal." " and I know, you're Cool and I'm just a M-O-M and I don't know anything about anything, yah yah, I got you. this mama knows more than you'd imagine kiddo and I know that life is going to be rough if you live the way you are trying to pretend to. where are your role models?"
".. future criminal but not really & you need to realise this before you do something stupid."
"..short stubby & annoying and no Way had my girl ever get a crush on anyone like you bc you just look irritating.."
".. YOU though, look like a nice kid. yes, YOU may have permission to think my girl is Cute. but just not yet. not ever. YOU'RE BOTH TOO YOUNG!!"
"..strange girl that I can't figure out: I don't know why I always notice you. at first I thought you might be special needs, but you're not. you're kick-ass smart. but there's this aloof aloneness about you, like a bubble of space that seems to isolate you and you seem to function within it unaware of anyone else but yet I still strongly sense a very real Lonliness that makes me want to reach out & make things better for you. have always tried to be extra nice when I've seen you, have even tried to get my girl to befriend you but you don't seem interested.
what is it with you? you make me sad and I don't understand why."

and that was my day, as I proctored mandatory testing at my girl's school the last 2 days.
sometimes I shame myself w/ my own biased thoughts :-(

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 24 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #5540

ugh, i have that girlfriend too. effortlessly beautiful but puts in the effort to look stunning. perfect wardrobe, interesting job, nice home. when we go out i feel like the ugly duckling every time. she's so good to me though so it's hard to not love her. i'm jealous of her and it makes me feel like a yicky friend.

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 275 276 277 278 279 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24, 2014 - 08:36 AM