271 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
arj75
post Mar 8 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #1941

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone!

Lori, I'm really happy for that you have had sucess with the fem!

I'm currently taking one fem a day in morning and one ultimate flora at night. I also am taking flagyl (3rd time?) I usually use the metro-gel because that is what I have the neverending script for, but it's like $70 per script.

I did break down and try the boric acid even though it scared the crap of me, and it did kill the smell, and if the stinch comes back after my cycle, I will use it again. Anyways, someone asked about finding the boric acid? The pharmacy I go to has it behind their counter - you just have to ask for it.

I'm working at an STD clinic now..and I have witnessed several woman that were diagnosed with BV..but when their pap smear came back bam! They got the bad news that they have Trich. The lab techs are very busy..and if the wet mount isnt prepared right (using too cold of a solution )(which they don't give a crap about if they do or don't) to prepare the slide..it stops thier happy whipping tails and makes them harder to see. (They like it hot lol) If only I could be that lucky, sad to wish for an std instead of BV lol

I didn't know this, maybe it has already been said..men just carry trich, and usually have no symtoms. The men are never tested for it, they only find out they have it when the partner is diagnosed. The flagyl is used to kill trich as well, but the doctors have the partners infected take 500mg every 6 hours over a 24 hour period.

Hope we all feel better soon!

By the way did anyone see 20/20 on TV the other night?? It was about that disorder someone was speaking off, where the women can stink up a whole gymnasium with the fish funk. She taped it for me.. I havent had time to watch it yet.

www.femalepatient.com Trimethylaminuria; a noninfectious cause of vaginal odor enzyme disorder? hmmm
Here's a good link...maybe it is not as rare as they think..I'm sure some cases are not quite as severe as others.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #1942

Hardcore BUSTie

I want to add that fem-dophilus alone isn't the cure. If you want, you can just start taking it and see if it helps you.

But this is the plan of action I would recommend:

1. Start with a GYN exam. Everyone woman should have one regularly, so get yourself to a doctor and get a checkup.

2. Make sure it's BV, and not something else, esp. an STD. If you read this entire thread, you'll see that there are plenty of posters thought they had BV, and went to the doctor and found out that it was an STD. So get an annual check-up and make sure that your problem is BV.

3. Get your prescription. If your doctor gives you a choice, I think oral flagyl is the best option. (I've explained in my blog why I think that. I've tried everything - oral/vaginal flagyl, and oral/vaginal clindamycin.)

4. Start using Fem-doph while using your prescription. Take 2/day.

5. Drop down to 1/day after 2 weeks at the earliest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #1943

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 8 2008, 02:30 PM) *
And you were able to get your vagina to the right balance and STAY in the right balance. That is what confuses me.

I know.

Because, Flagyl is supposse to do that.

No.

I've explained this in my blog, and also in many posts in this thread. Flagyl doesn't help restore the balance.

This is why:

As you know, there is GOOD bacteria (lactobacillus) and BAD bacteria (gardnerella) in your vagina. In a healthy vagina, the GOOD outnumbers the BAD, and keeps the BAD from taking over. But when the BAD bacteria takes over, that's when you get BV.

Right?

So we take flagyl, and that kills the BAD bacteria. But it also kills off the GOOD bacteria, and does nothing to help the GOOD bacteria grow back.

Get it?

This is why so many of us have recurrences. Flagyl kills the BAD bacteria, so we feel better for a little while. But because it also killed off the GOOD bacteria, the BAD bacteria grows back again.

And we all have been on several doses of Flagyl, to no avail, it continues to return.

I know. Me too.

So, WHY after taking the Fem for 10 months or whatever it was that you took, how did that, and that alone, keep your vagina in the right balance?? That is what confuses me.

Because Fem-dophilus contains the good bacteria! laugh.gif Ta-da!

And it's designed to make sure that good bacteria ends up in your vagina when you take it orally.

Do you understand now?

Mine is out of balance. Regardless of what "ADVENTUROUS" things I try to do, it continues to stay out of balance. So, by you taking the Fem, it allowed you to get back in to balance BUT HOW DID IT STAY IN BALANCE???

Fem-doph replaces the good bacteria I lost.

Obviously, Fem-doph is making sure that I have enough good bacteria in my vagina that's keeping the bad from taking over.

That's my fear of trying the Fem. I'm horrible at taking pills, and I know I won't take them like I'm supposse to, because I will forget.

I think swallowing pills once a day is easier than making TTO capsules and putting it in your vagina. (Get one of those week-long pill cases. That always helps me remember.)

So, after I take them, at what point will I be 100% positive that it won't come back?

According to the research, it's clinically proven that the good bacteria begins to colonize in 2 weeks.

Point is, theres got to be more then just taking the pills that you have done Lori, to keep it away. Changed eating habits? Stopped smoking? Whatever the case may be....

No.

I'm confused at why now, your vagina has decided to NOT have a bout with BV, just because you took the Fem for 10 months straight.

I hope I've explained the good-bad bacteria situation above.

My vagina didn't magically decide to stop having BV one day. I just made sure that I replaced the good bacteria. Fem-doph helped me do that.

--

Thanks for telling me how you feel, Jewels. I'm not saying anyone needs to take Fem-doph. But you obviously didn't understand HOW it works, so I've explained it as clearly as I could. I hope it makes sense to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 8 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #1944

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 8 2008, 09:46 PM) *
I disagree that I've just been "very lucky." Fem-dophilus has been working for me for over a year. I began taking it in 2/2007, which is when I first started posting in this thread. I've described time and time again why probiotics is the best solution, and I've backed it up with research. And Fem-doph has worked for many people in here, not just me. It's the only reputable product specifically targeted for repopulating the good bacteria in the vagina.

Just lucky? No.

And I think trying to "kill the BV" is the wrong approach. It's not just about killing bacteria. Lots of things kill bacteria (including antibiotics, peroxide, boric acid, soap, TTO) but they don't prevent BV from coming back. Simply wiping out the bacteria just doesn't work.

This thread has been around almost 2 years, and many ladies have posted many ideas (some of them dangerous!). I'm just glad no one is telling anyone to buy illegal prescription flagyl over the net and sticking them straight up their vaginas anymore. You know I like you Jewels, but you are definitely ... um, adventurous.

Anyway, TTO has been tried before, and it hasn't turned out to be the cure-all everyone hopes for. Everyone gets excited about something for a few weeks, and then everyone tries it, and then a few weeks later, everyone is disappointed.

Anyway, to put it simply- instead of trying to "kill the BV" ourselves - we have to grow the good stuff, and let IT get to work "killing the BV" and other bad stuff (like yeast) all the time. Let the good bacteria take over the vagina, and let it do its job of protecting your vagina, rather than us trying to fight the BV on our own with topical antiseptics.

As I said before - I think that if you have the right balance in your vagina, you won't have to worry about normal low-pH events anymore, like sex with a healthy man or getting your period. These are NORMAL things that happen, and even though they might throw off your pH, they shouldn't trigger new BV, because your vagina will regain its balance.

I understand what you are saying, and what I meant by "Lucky" is that you have been able to stop using the Fem-dophilus. And you were able to get your vagina to the right balance and STAY in the right balance. That is what confuses me. Because, Flagyl is supposse to do that. And we all have been on several doses of Flagyl, to no avail, it continues to return. So, WHY after taking the Fem for 10 months or whatever it was that you took, how did that, and that alone, keep your vagina in the right balance?? That is what confuses me. Mine is out of balance. Regardless of what "ADVENTUROUS" things I try to do, it continues to stay out of balance. So, by you taking the Fem, it allowed you to get back in to balance BUT HOW DID IT STAY IN BALANCE??? That's my fear of trying the Fem. I'm horrible at taking pills, and I know I won't take them like I'm supposse to, because I will forget. So, after I take them, at what point will I be 100% positive that it won't come back? I didn't do anything to bring it on in the first place. So, how do I know not what to do, to bring it back on.

Point is, theres got to be more then just taking the pills that you have done Lori, to keep it away. Changed eating habits? Stopped smoking? Whatever the case may be.... I'm confused at why now, your vagina has decided to NOT have a bout with BV, just because you took the Fem for 10 months straight. How are you keeping the vagina under control? I don't have periods, so I don't have that mess to worry about, in changing the PH in my vagina. You do... So... anyways, I'm just confused. hahaha dry.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #1945

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 8 2008, 09:52 AM) *
What she's using, has killed her BV, however, I personally feel she's been very lucky that it has not returned, and does not have to continue with the pills.

I disagree that I've just been "very lucky." Fem-dophilus has been working for me for over a year. I began taking it in 2/2007, which is when I first started posting in this thread. I've described time and time again why probiotics is the best solution, and I've backed it up with research. And Fem-doph has worked for many people in here, not just me. It's the only reputable product specifically targeted for repopulating the good bacteria in the vagina.

Just lucky? No.

And I think trying to "kill the BV" is the wrong approach. It's not just about killing bacteria. Lots of things kill bacteria (including antibiotics, peroxide, boric acid, soap, TTO) but they don't prevent BV from coming back. Simply wiping out the bacteria just doesn't work.

This thread has been around almost 2 years, and many ladies have posted many ideas (some of them dangerous!). I'm just glad no one is telling anyone to buy illegal prescription flagyl over the net and sticking them straight up their vaginas anymore. You know I like you Jewels, but you are definitely ... um, adventurous.

Anyway, TTO has been tried before, and it hasn't turned out to be the cure-all everyone hopes for. Everyone gets excited about something for a few weeks, and then everyone tries it, and then a few weeks later, everyone is disappointed.

--

Anyway, to put it simply- instead of trying to "kill the BV" ourselves - we have to grow the good stuff, and let IT get to work "killing the BV" and other bad stuff (like yeast) all the time. Let the good bacteria take over the vagina, and let it do its job of protecting your vagina, rather than us trying to fight the BV on our own with topical antiseptics.

As I said before - I think that if you have the right balance in your vagina, you won't have to worry about normal low-pH events anymore, like sex with a healthy man or getting your period. These are NORMAL things that happen, and even though they might throw off your pH, they shouldn't trigger new BV, because your vagina will regain its balance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 8 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #1946

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, just like anything, what works for you, is what you need to continue to do.

I found another website that might be helpfull to some of you newbies.

Here's a clip from it:

Tea tree oil suppositories or douches. With this Bacterial Vaginosis remedy, you insert diluted Tea tree oil or tea tree oil suppositories directly into your vagina for up to 6 weeks. Apparently tea tree oil is thought to have antifungal properties that attack the “bad” bacteria that cause Bacterial Vaginosis. Please note that you should never apply tea tree oil directly to the sensitive vaginal lining as it can cause an allergic reaction.

http://www.bacterialvaginosisrecurrent.com..._that_work.html

Again, I really believe in what Lori says. I think BV must be treated from the inside out. What she's using, has killed her BV, however, I personally feel she's been very lucky that it has not returned, and does not have to continue with the pills.

I know with myself, there's lifestyle things that cause mine, IE smoking. And once I give that up, I might not have to continue with the preventative. I also had a hysterectomy, so I do not have periods like most of you. I am I'm sure getting close to starting menopause, which I'm sure your V Book states that this can trigger the imbalance in the vagina which might cause BV.

So, for now, I will continue with the Tea Tree Oil, because it's working. If it stops working, then I will spend the money on the other stuff Lori suggests!!

Thanks for all your input!! Especially yours Lori!! I love hearing what you have to say!

+Quote Post
ellie-a
post Mar 8 2008, 06:22 AM
Post #1947

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 8 2008, 06:07 PM) *
BV and fungus are not the same thing.

Also, the V Book says that TTO has no activity against BV or yeast.
You're welcome, glad to help.

Yeah, I would use the prescription, and then use Fem-doph as maintenance. Take 2/day for at least 2 weeks - that's my suggestion, and then take 1/day.

Hi Lori,

True, BV IS bacterial, however apparently TTO is anti-fungal, anti-viral AND anti-bacterial. It's magic stuff, and in my case (and many others) it works.

By the way, a quick search on the web a few moments ago revealed the following info:

Tea Tree oil displays a number of remarkable properties making a very effective oil for a wide range of complaints. Foremost and what makes Tea Tree outstanding in comparison to other remedies, is that it is active against all three varieties of infectious organisms: Bacteria Fungi and Viruses. Independent microbiological testing has confirmed the effectiveness of Tea Tree oil in fighting infection is further backed up by its ability to protect itself and to respond appropriately.

GENITO-URINARY SYSTEM: Thrush, vaginitis, cystitis, pruitis.

Antiseptic / Bacretrial Properties of tea tree oil
Treatment of cuts, burns, insect bites, infected splinters and all kinds of
wounds, especially dirty or ones which contain puss. As an antiseptic it is
valuable for general skin care, spots, acne and blackheads etc. As a general
disinfectant it is especially useful for respiratory or genito-urinary tract
infections i.e. bronchitis and sinusitis or cystitis.

Anti-fungal Properties of tea tree oil
Tea Tree's effective treatment for ringworm, athletes foot, thrush (candida). It
has also been used to combat fungal diseases affecting animals fish and plants.

In light of the above, I'm surprised the V Book would make those claims.

Having said that, we're all in the same boat and just trying to find a solution to this evil BV problem on our own....it's all about whatever works, and I think everyone on this forum is doing a great job of trying to nut this one out. Lots of support here...very heartening indeed! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 12:50 AM
Post #1948

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ellie-a @ Mar 7 2008, 10:01 PM) *
Hey Jewels, you took the words right out of my mouth. smile.gif As we know, there are numerous triggers for BV, but it always comes down to one thing and that is, the vaginal flora or pH being altered from it's natural balance, thus allowing normal levels of bacteria to take a hold and (as in BV) take over. The TTO seems to normalise the vaginal flora, not just 'mask' the symptoms, and this stands to reason, as TTO is an anti-fungal agent. so it seems that by reducing any fungal overgrowth, the TTO facilitates the return of normal vaginal pH (and fungal and bacterial) levels.

BV and fungus are not the same thing.

Also, the V Book says that TTO has no activity against BV or yeast.

QUOTE(JJ27 @ Mar 7 2008, 01:08 PM) *
Thanks Lori you know your shit! What are your office hrs?? LOL!!!! I truly appreciate your comments and I'm not confused anymore. Oh wait maybe I still am :-) Should I take the Clindesse again just to be sure and then use the Fem D as maintenance? According to the tracking # should be at my door when I get home. I will take according to the package directions. Yeah, I thought so with the Culturelle. Thanks again! tongue.gif

You're welcome, glad to help.

Yeah, I would use the prescription, and then use Fem-doph as maintenance. Take 2/day for at least 2 weeks - that's my suggestion, and then take 1/day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ellie-a
post Mar 7 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #1949

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 7 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Lori,

This came from Morphia back in December. Her doctor stated that the TTO would HELP restore the natural Flora in the Vagina. That is what it's done for me. I'm not masking anything. My BV is gone. I don't use the TTO, unless I have sex. And that's only because of fear of it coming back. Same thing goes for you continuing to take the pills, in fear it would come back. As I've stated before, sperm and I, don't get along. And it throws off the PH in my vagina. The TTO, restores the ph, and prevents me from the re-occurance of BV.

So, I'm not just shoving stuff up my vagina. I've naturally healed the imbalance of the bad bacteria taking over down there. And there's no masking the smell. It's normal now. Masking would be if I had to use it daily, which I don't. In fact, I haven't used it now, in over two weeks. And there's nothing going on down there. So, again, maybe I'm using the wrong verbage when I say there is no cure. I don't believe Cure is the word. I believe now, that it's all about preventative maintenance. If you can prevent the bad bacteria from taking over, then you have found yourself a cure.

Hey Jewels, you took the words right out of my mouth. smile.gif As we know, there are numerous triggers for BV, but it always comes down to one thing and that is, the vaginal flora or pH being altered from it's natural balance, thus allowing normal levels of bacteria to take a hold and (as in BV) take over. The TTO seems to normalise the vaginal flora, not just 'mask' the symptoms, and this stands to reason, as TTO is an anti-fungal agent. so it seems that by reducing any fungal overgrowth, the TTO facilitates the return of normal vaginal pH (and fungal and bacterial) levels.

Personally, I've used the TTO twice now, with tremendous success. Admittedly in each case it took two applications over the course of 48 hours to work, but I still think that's a pretty damn good trade-off for the alternative. The only mistake I made the second time was waiting about 5 days after sex to 'see' how I'd go. Sure enough, my BV symptoms started returning, so definitely treatment straight after sex is the way to go.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 7 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #1950

BUSTie

Thanks Lori you know your shit! What are your office hrs?? LOL!!!! I truly appreciate your comments and I'm not confused anymore. Oh wait maybe I still am :-) Should I take the Clindesse again just to be sure and then use the Fem D as maintenance? According to the tracking # should be at my door when I get home. I will take according to the package directions. Yeah, I thought so with the Culturelle. Thanks again! tongue.gif

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 6 2008, 01:46 AM) *
Hi Sassy! I took a course of flagyl, and began taking the Fem-dophilus as I was taking the flagyl. BV never came back (as it has before, many times). I took 2/day for a while, then 1/day.
Hey Jewels! Missed you too!

I have to say though - I think it's just plain wrong to say that there is no cure. Flagyl cures BV. It just sets the stage for recurrence (by also killing off all the good bacteria with the bad). There is a difference between recurrence and relapse.

Anyway, I just want to address a few questions without quoting everyone individually. I hope this answers everything:

- Fem-dophilus is sold at Whole Foods in the probiotics section. (They keep all their probiotics refrigerated.)

- I think Cipro is prescribed for some vaginal problems (such as DIV, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, etc.) Ask your doctor.

- Thanks for putting up the Dr. Reid lecture. Awesome! I'll add it to my blog later. I would like to point out that women put Fem-dophilus in their vaginas as part of a clinical trial. Basically they're human guinea pigs, and also under doctors' care, in case anything goes wrong. And Dr. Reid made clear that this is not FDA approved use of his product. The reason I'm so anti- about putting this in your vagina is because I dropped by this thread a couple of months ago, and some ladies have obviously tried it, and have had bad results with weird stuff coming out of their vaginas afterwards. So ... I wouldn't do it. As always, it's your choice. But at the very least, see first if it works for you if you just take it orally.

I certainly hope that Dr. Reid is working on a vaginal product, though. Something like Monistat - a cream or suppository, that's safe to use. That would be awesome.

- I also want to point out - boric acid, TTO, peroxide etc. - I think it's been firmly determined that these remedies are not a cure. At best they just mask the symptoms. It's like using mouthwash, when your bad breath is caused by a health problem. It will freshen you up for a little while, but the problem won't go away. Also, I think the use of these products also inhibit the growth of the good bacteria, so you're not letting your vagina find the right balance.

I suffered with BV for over 7 years. Trust me, I know how awful it can be. And I know how it feels to be desperate to just get rid of it. I know what it's like to be afraid to have sex, afraid to uncross my legs, and sticking all sorts of things in my vagina just hoping and praying it would work this time. I even know how doctors can be such uncaring assholes who just don't fucking listen.

I'm so happy that that is finally behind me. I'm still paranoid that it will happen again, but I've been feeling good for about a year now. A healthy vagina shouldn't start stinking after normal activity - which includes unprotected sex with a healthy man, and getting your period. I know all about pH levels and stuff - and I used to dread sex and getting periods. But now I finally feel normal again. Just because you've been exposed to low pH for a while shouldn't mean it will mess you up right away.

So you guys need to let your vagina find the balance. Let it grow the good bacteria so it can fight off the bad stuff. That's the only answer. Fem-dophilus, people. Read this entire thread, and you'll see, it's the one thing that's really worked for anyone. I have tried so hard to not sound like a shill - because I freaking hate it when people trumpet cure-alls when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Also, I think all this boric acid and tea tree oil you guys are shoving up your coochies are not helping you in the long run. I understand that you guys are sick of the stinkiness - but this is about your health, not just about deodorizing your vagina. If your vagina is healthy, it won't smell nasty. So focus on the health.

- Oh yeah, I think someone already answered this question - but Culturelle is to help you poop. Like Activia yogurt. Won't help out your BV situation.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 7 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #1951

BUSTie

Very, very, helpful! Thanks Maggie!!!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Mar 5 2008, 07:00 PM) *
The strains of lactobacili in Femdophilus are not the same as in Culturelle. Gregor Reid is one of the patent holders for these very specific, patented strains.

One thing that helped me when I had bladder problems was marshmallow root tea. It is available in many health-food stores.

If you have a compounding pharmacy in your area, a doctor or nurse-practitioner can prescribe boric acid capsules for you. The compounding pharmacist makes them up. Mine added a little powdered acidophilus for good measure. They worked great! wink.gif

Cheers,
Maggie

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 7 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #1952

Hardcore BUSTie

"FYI - I took it religiously for 8 months since 2/2007. That was probably longer than necessary but I was paranoid, because I suffered with BV for so long. Who knew the solution was so simple? I finally felt confident to stop taking it since October, and have been BV-free since."

Lori, I agree. This is definately not a competition. I was just pointing out what you had said, that you had probably taken the pills longer then needed. Same goes for me with the TTO. I don't know if I still need to use it after sex. I only due, because of the fear of it coming back.

I'm so happy for you that have been able to conquer this!! That is the goal for everyone!!!

+Quote Post
asder
post Mar 7 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #1953

Alwaysonmymind Hé, you already probably know, but who are different from HPV is right Displaysia cervix. The latter is an abnormal proliferation of cells on the collar which can be removed, but the VPH occurs always around. It is also regarded as a MST (in the past called genital warts), thus should be to you independently of the use of the condom bv or not. I use
cialis online

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 7 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #1954

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 6 2008, 08:48 PM) *
I don't use the TTO, unless I have sex. And that's only because of fear of it coming back. Same thing goes for you continuing to take the pills, in fear it would come back. As I've stated before, sperm and I, don't get along. And it throws off the PH in my vagina. The TTO, restores the ph, and prevents me from the re-occurance of BV.

I haven't taken the Fem-dophilus since October. That's 5 months BV-free, with no pills or any "maintenance." And sex and periods have not caused problems. I've also had a GYN exam in December which showed that I'm BV-free. We were both very happy about that!

Anyway, this isn't a competition about "your vagina is healthier than mine!" Trust me, I want everyone here to just get healthy, period. You have your theories about how best to treat this, and I respect that. Everyone should do what they want with their bodies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 6 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #1955

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Dec 12 2007, 12:39 PM) *
Hey guys! Long time no post. Here to update. So far I'm STILL culturing negative for the Strep B, I'm not showing any signs of BV on my wet mount save for "a few clue cells that aren't consistent with the ones he was looking for" and I STILL smell, burn and cannot have sex b/c of the pain. My doc even had two other doctors look at my wetprep the last time I saw him and the only thing strange they could find was NO lactobacilli. Well, I can't fix that. I broke down and tried sticking a probiotic up there and all it did was irritate me more and make me leak out a bright yellow substance that stained my underwear. (The pill is a VERY light yellow until its gets moist and then it turns a radioactive yellow. lol) So, my doctor had a compounding pharmacy make up some tea tree oil suppositories. Supposedly its supposed to help restore the natural flora he says.

Well, before I try that I'm thinking I'd like to try the one antibiotic I haven't tried yet...Metrogel. I bet after using that I'll culture positive for the Strep again....

Lori,

This came from Morphia back in December. Her doctor stated that the TTO would HELP restore the natural Flora in the Vagina. That is what it's done for me. I'm not masking anything. My BV is gone. I don't use the TTO, unless I have sex. And that's only because of fear of it coming back. Same thing goes for you continuing to take the pills, in fear it would come back. As I've stated before, sperm and I, don't get along. And it throws off the PH in my vagina. The TTO, restores the ph, and prevents me from the re-occurance of BV.

So, I'm not just shoving stuff up my vagina. I've naturally healed the imbalance of the bad bacteria taking over down there. And there's no masking the smell. It's normal now. Masking would be if I had to use it daily, which I don't. In fact, I haven't used it now, in over two weeks. And there's nothing going on down there. So, again, maybe I'm using the wrong verbage when I say there is no cure. I don't believe Cure is the word. I believe now, that it's all about preventative maintenance. If you can prevent the bad bacteria from taking over, then you have found yourself a cure.

+Quote Post
RN with BV
post Mar 6 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #1956

BUSTie

QUOTE(whateverfitsyou @ Mar 6 2008, 10:10 PM) *
I have like a month old prescription for flagyl. Do you any of you think i could still get the medicine? I just dont wanna go through the hassle of going back to the doctor & waiting 3 hours at the minimum for a presciption!

you should have no problem gettin script filled, scripts are usually good for up to a year, no problems go drop it off at the pharmacy...(I used to write refill scripts when I worked in an office (it was part of the job) trust me filling a flagyl script that is a month old is NOT any kind of red flag at the pharmacy)

+Quote Post
whateverfitsyou
post Mar 6 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #1957

BUSTie

I have like a month old prescription for flagyl. Do you any of you think i could still get the medicine? I just dont wanna go through the hassle of going back to the doctor & waiting 3 hours at the minimum for a presciption!

+Quote Post
fustrated
post Mar 6 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #1958

Hi -- I am new to this. I have been dealing with BV since November and I am currently taking Femanol. Has anyone tried Femanol and if so what were your results? I have been reading on this site that Fem-dophilus and Flagyl is something to keep in mind. My question is where do you get Flagyl? Is that something you have to call your doctor for? I am glad that I am not the only person going through this. IT SUCKS!

+Quote Post
whateverfitsyou
post Mar 6 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #1959

BUSTie

Hey, Quick question....How quick does BA works?

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 6 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #1960

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Mar 6 2008, 05:52 AM) *
TEA TREE OIL -- where do you buy this stuff??? I don't plan to use it for BV, however I have this neverending fungal infection between the webs of my fingers (GROSS, right?? and really, if it's not one thing, it's another!!!) and I've been reading that TTO can be a cure for fungal infections of the skin. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's really hard not to be able to use my hands properly!! smile.gif

Whole Foods (definitely), Trader Joe's (I think), and health/vitamin stores like Vitamin Shoppe.

Good luck. I think the TTO might sting a lot, in your case - if the skin is broken. So be careful.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 29, 2014 - 03:58 AM