Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 247 248 249 250 251 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Aug 21 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #4961

Hardcore BUSTie

DO NOT USE ENZARA...IT DOES NOT WORK AND IT'S A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY! Several girls, including myself, have tried it and basically it's just a nice advertising campaign but there isn't any truth to its claims.

As for boric acid and sex, I wait until I don't have anymore of the clear boric acid discharge. (You get a clear discharge when you use each boric acid capsule...when the discharge is gone, I figure it's out of my vagina.) I use condoms and it doesn't seem to harm them, although I'm also on birth control so I don't completely rely on their effectiveness.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Aug 21 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #4962

BUSTie

Hey Ladies...Im new to this but been having the same problem for over a year. Has anyone tried Enzara or heard of it? Im thinking about trying it....any suggestions?

+Quote Post
tgifcanigohomeye...
post Aug 21 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #4963

Happy Monday Everyone....

I decide to try the boric acid and bought it yesterday, but I have to wait for the health food store to open to get the capsules today. I'm really excited though! One question that you all may or may not know the answer to: does boric acid have any effect on condoms? And how long after the boric acid should I wait to have sex? (Thought I saw 3 days somewhere on here, but can't be sure). Thanks y'all!

+Quote Post
Emma22
post Aug 21 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #4964

Its nice to know that im not alone in this! After reading all your advice i tried tea tree oil last night. So far the smell has gone but i dont know if thats just the tea tree oil thats covering it up! I want to try yoghurt as i read that somewhere else aswell and was helpful to others

+Quote Post
Ladygemini75
post Aug 20 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #4965

im new here and ive been suffering with bv for 3yrs. i just tried the boric acid last night. b4 that i tried everthing in the book and on the table. i am fed up with this. i hope this boric acid helps. i cant stand to have sex because of the smell. why does it have to smell sooooooooooo badddddddddd? ive tried metrogel, flagyl,yogurt,cleocin, tea tree oil, sitz baths, douche, and i have even ordered thing from the internet that didnt help. so ladies im here for help amd maybe i can help someone too. newbie............ peace out

+Quote Post
shorrty
post Aug 20 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #4966

hi ladies, well i took a top up of BA after getting a slight odour with my usual secretions not fishy more like that post period funk but no smell after sex so i'll see how it goes maybe i'll use it once a week when i get symtoms and if no symptoms i wont take it.

Also i hve been inserting mine in the morning i wear a liner pad, i wash in evening evrything normal almost as soon as i insert BA. am considering a BA douce/sitz mayybe 1 tsp in a quart of water to see the effects, keep u posted if i do.

and acidophilus when i remember, need to tighten up with that!

hugs2all

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 20 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #4967

Hardcore BUSTie

My UTI is gone and I've been using the boric acid again. I don't think the two were related...at least I hope not!!

+Quote Post
Emma22
post Aug 20 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #4968

Help me ladies! Im new here and i just came across this site while trying to find self-treatments for BV!
Many of you are saying that BV is sex related but I am a 17 year old virgin and im pretty sure that i have BV and I hate it. Ive had boyfriends but none that i want to get seriously intimate with because of this problem! Ive had it for ages now and I dont think i could go to the doctor cos i feel too embarrassed.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 19 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #4969

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome tgifcanigohomeyet!! You have now finally found your new home!! This site has been a god send for me!! I'm currently using Boric Acid, which you can find at Walmart, near the Peroixide area, and you have to by capsules to fill it. We buy the 00 size.

Mine is still gone!! Again still just using twice a week and after sex. How's everything going with you Sassy?? Is the UTI gone??

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 18 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #4970

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome to the board! I felt the same way when I found this board.I thought"thank God I'm not the only person plagued with this crap". Anyway, It's nothing but love and support here so make yourself at home.What methods of treatment have you tried?

+Quote Post
tgifcanigohomeye...
post Aug 18 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #4971

Hi Ladies,
I just found this board today and I feel like….jumping for joy or something. I have been suffering with bv for nearly two years. I’ve tried flagyl, metrogel, clindamax, garlic cloves, you name it. Right now, I have managed to get rid of the odor, and all I have is the itching and discharge.

I guess I’m just posting to show solidarity. It feels so good to know I’m not the only one, and to have new things to try. I wish everybody the best of luck in getting rid of this.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Aug 17 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #4972

BUSTie

Hey Ladies,

I finally got my Boric Acid. Im going to do the Treatment tonight, I hope all goes well!!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 15 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #4973

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I don't have any of those symptoms thank God. I only had a slight ache in my right side of my back, but I think that had something to do with the way I was sleeping. I only had that very slight hint of fish and nothing since, and as you all know, it was the weekend which meant a catch up of sex. (And yes, it's getting old) lol, but, anyways, no smell, and I'm only going to use the boric twice a week, and again only after sex. Shorty, thanks for taking the test for us. For me, I may be able to get by only using it after sex. Just to kill whatever funk he has going on inside of him, which I feel is the cause to this. Damn, if I just didn't love him so much!! lololololol.

+Quote Post
karabearva
post Aug 12 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #4974

as someone who does not have sex, i can attest to the fact that I have had a series of BV infections that have increased in frequency despite the fact that I abstain...just my two cents
kara

+Quote Post
shorrty
post Aug 12 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #4975

hi all
well its been a couple of days since my 1 dose of boric, the following day no odour or drip, i had sex last night no odour during or after and im all good today. Im not planning on taking any more boric acid as a preventer im just observing if and when it comes back all im taking is acidophilus 2 tabs daily and lots of probiotic yogurts as snaks. Will keep you posted.

Ps i hope it doesnt cause uti's that would be so unfair, perhaps its related to longterm use of boric acid , like i said i will be the 1 dose guuinea pic i mean collectively we have found and tested a cure, now its time to get some concise dosage and length of use info.

Good luck 2 all

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 12 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #4976

Hardcore BUSTie

Urinary tract infections make you pee a lot and it burns really bad. Back pain can also be a symptom if it's around your kidney area. I hope the boric acid isn't what caused mine. I'm on antibiotics for it now.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 12 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #4977

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey all. Well the Boric seems to be still working. I did have a very slight hint of fish two nights ago, but I hadn't used the boric for a few days. My boyfriends mother had a stroke, and he has been gone, so I figured I didn't need to use it as much. Obviously I was wrong. I guess with Boric, it's going to be lifetime, or, until I decide to stop smoking and drinking so much coffee, which I'm thinking is why my b.v. is so bad. I had to be on this forever, because as with everything, you never really know what kind of long term damage it's going to do. I've developed some pain in my lower right back, and not sure if it's related to the boric. Sassy, what are the symptoms of a UTI? Anyways, just wanted to give you all an update. Still going strong with the Boric!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 12 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #4978

Hardcore BUSTie

shorrty:Thank you! It sux that we all have to go through this.

+Quote Post
shorrty
post Aug 10 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #4979

hi ladies im back and so is the BV canu u believe it after almost ayear, any ways i been having real irregular periods, like 4 in two month then last nnight drip drip funk!!

anyhow i got me some boric acid i couldnt get the caps so i emtied some i had with some herbal medicine in and filled 2 with boric acid,inserted and 3 hours later Bv gone!!! i dont plan to use it tomorrow i want to see what 1 dose will do and gonna start taking acidopilus religeously again

i will be the 1 dose guinea pig!! will keep you all posted

Love to all
hugs 4 u Neverending

shortyxx

+Quote Post
qjo
post Aug 9 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #4980

Hello ladies,

I am 28 years old and I've been battling BV on and off for about 4 years now. It began with the ping pong effect of bv and then yeast. I would get BV once every 6 months or less often. Then every 3 to 4 months and now I've had it twice in lesss than two months. On top of that I"ve been diagnosed with having vulvodynia, which my doctor presumes was brought on by over the counter yeast infection creams.

I've been researching this for years and have used everything from clindesse, metrogel, garlic cloves (inserted) to Wise Woman suppositories recommended by my naturopath, acidophilus suppositories, twice daily yogurt suppositories (which got rid of the symptoms for months at at time but now isnt as effective), oregano oil, herbal infused douches, berberine complex (from goldenseal)...you name it. They all worked but it was only temporary appeasement.

I got a second course of antibiotics for my beau and myself. It worked the first time around but after the second time of unprotected sex with him (he is uncircumsized) it came back.

I've decided to follow this regimen before taking metronidazole and so far the symptoms are gone but the bacteria could very well still be there on a microscopic level. The repHresh/acidophilus milk/water seemed to have cleared up the odor. I've decided to take the antibiotics after my period comes since the blood is alkaline and will more than likely encourage the growth of bacteria. During the course of antibiotics I will still follow this regimen until my doctors appointment. If everything is clear I will contine the regimen and take acidophilus (got from pharmacy at cvs), acdiophilus milk internally and vaginally (especially after sex, proctected for atleast 1-3 months). I've also bought some plain organic Kefir, Stoneyfield and HOrizon ogranic yogurt to eat daily. Here is my regimen:

Regimen

Systemic support

Cut out sugars, breads, yeast, processed and refined foods as much as possible
Drink6-10 cups of water daily (48-80ounces)
Consume 4-8 ounces of plain organic yogurt
Take 4-10 Table spoons of acidophilus milk
Drink 6-8 ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice daily
Take 4-12 cranberry capsules with water daily
Take Immune Health supplement "System Well Ultimate Imumunity" by Nature's Way 3 pills 2x daily
Drink several cups of strong Pau d arco tea (unsweetened)
Take 1000mg – 3000mg of Vitamin C daily
Take 60 mg of Zinc daily
Take 2000mg to 6000mg of Flaxeed Oil daily (2-6 gel caps)
Take 2-4 garlic pills daily with meal

Internal support

Alternate:

Use Rephresh gell every three days. Use acidophilus milk/water douche (morning and night) on days not using rephresh gel. i.e. if you use Rephresh gel in Monday, use acidophilus milk/water douche morning and night on Tuesday and Wednesday and Rephresh on Thursday and so on.

Note: after doctor’s visit continue with rpH gel twice weekly and the Acidophilus douche treatment once a day 5 times a week for about two weeks or more.

Other suggestions (have not incoporated yet, as I have not found the need too, but will definitely stop taking oral contraceptives):

Purchase acidophilus powder and capsules (good to superior quality) one strain (to be take internall and vaginally)

Get Aci Gel (just in case; it restores ph)

Stop birth control

Purchase “tiny kit” re-useable from CVS (reuseable douche to put water and acidophilus milk/powder mixture in)

Natural pads

REMEMBER IF A STRONG ANTIBIOTIC LIKE FLAGYLL NEEDS TO USED TWICE A DAY FOR A WEEK OR MORE, A NATURAL METHOD WILL HAVE TO BE USED VIGOROUSLY FOR SEVERAL months or ATLEAST A MONTH OR MORE.

also check out his very helpful link: http://www.womentowomen.com/digestionandgi.../probiotics.asp

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 247 248 249 250 251 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 22, 2014 - 06:21 PM