271 Pages V  « < 59 60 61 62 63 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Oct 7 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #1201

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(earthwoman @ Oct 8 2008, 12:54 AM) *
Hello all...I've been lurking for awhile looking for tried and true solutions to no avail sad.gif I've been suffering with BV on and off for years...only recently realizing it was BV I was dealing with. It is now worse than it's ever been. I'm going to the doc. in a couple of days. I want to be tested for every strain of infection they can think of. And I have a feeling both my man and I will need to go through a course of flagyl...then Fem-D and tea tree oil, both of which I already use. Some of you women give me hope this can be helped...It's just so depressing...all I want is a normal vagina!!!

Welcome to the board! First, I have a couple of questions. Is there a certain time of the month you get BV? Do you get BV after sex with your significant other? Have you taken Flagyl before and had BV go away? Have you been tested for all STD'S? and Are you an your boyfriend in an monogamous relationship?Oh, and when did this problem start for you? I know these are a lot of questions but it's important to write these things down so you can go back and pinpoint the problem and that will also help you explain to the doctors what exactly goes on an when it happens.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
earthwoman
post Oct 7 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #1202

Hello all...I've been lurking for awhile looking for tried and true solutions to no avail sad.gif I've been suffering with BV on and off for years...only recently realizing it was BV I was dealing with. It is now worse than it's ever been. I'm going to the doc. in a couple of days. I want to be tested for every strain of infection they can think of. And I have a feeling both my man and I will need to go through a course of flagyl...then Fem-D and tea tree oil, both of which I already use. Some of you women give me hope this can be helped...It's just so depressing...all I want is a normal vagina!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Oct 7 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #1203

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Oct 7 2008, 11:51 AM) *
I was just wondering what everyone uses to wash themselves with. I know that bv is alkaline and most soaps are alkaline. Even dove is not super neutral. Would a more acidic soap help? The only one I know of that claims to be acidic is burts bees tomato complexion soap. Your thoughts?

My blog has a few links. Excerpt:

If you want to use soap, the classic white Dove bar is pH balanced. (It has a pH of 7, which is the pH of pure water.) There are also feminine cleansers that are formulated to be pH balanced.
  1. Avon Simply Delicate Feminine Wash
  2. Sebamed Feminine Intimate Wash
  3. Sliquid Splash
  4. Summer's Eve Feminine Wash
  5. SweetSpot Labs Gentle Wash
  6. Very Private pH Balanced Body Wash

--------------------

+Quote Post
bvg
post Oct 7 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #1204

BUSTie

I was just wondering what everyone uses to wash themselves with. I know that bv is alkaline and most soaps are alkaline. Even dove is not super neutral. Would a more acidic soap help? The only one I know of that claims to be acidic is burts bees tomato complexion soap. Your thoughts?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 6 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #1205

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Hunnibee79 @ Oct 6 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Hey! I'm new here but I've been floating around for a few months. I'm so thankful I found this site, it's helped me realize that this is very common condition and that I have no reason to feel alone.

So I guess about 2 years ago I was first diagnosed with BV and the gyn said a lot of times it goes away on its own and I had nothing to worry about (I had just started dating my current boyfriend who has had numerous partners and a lot of unprotected sex). It did in fact go away on its own. But in the past 6 months I've been infected at least once a month if not more.

It seemed to get worse after I took a break from my boyfriend and he had unprotected sex with another woman, during that time I also doubled my smoking. He's been very supportive but I can't help but be embarassed when we have sex, despite the fact that he doesn't mind, unless he'd like to go down on me and I wont let him which is frustrating for him as well. I thought perhaps he was in some way carrying the bacteria bc I ONLY get the infection after I have sex with him. Well, he was treated and we had sex yesterday, and much to my dismay its back! I don't know what to do. I changed gyns and found a great one who immeadiately put me on a 6 month regimen of metrogel 2 a week. I'm at a complete loss. I only get to see my boyfriend about once or twice a month so I'm always clear when I see him, but its gotten to the point where I feel like I'm starting to have an aversion to sex bc I'm so worried about becoming reinfected.

I'm going to try to quit smoking and pick up some probiotics from whole foods. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for such a long post. I can't wait to get to know you ladies better, you all seem fantastic!!!

Yeap, this is a common nuisance for women.
A couple of things:
1. If he has a big penis, it could be scratching the vaginal walls causing inflammation/ discharge.
2. Try to quite smoking if you can or limit the amount
3. Uhhh, make sure sex is protected. You seem to be committed but he's not so be careful.
4.probiotics=good
5.Welcome to the board!

+Quote Post
mikamo0229
post Oct 6 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #1206

QUOTE(Hunnibee79 @ Oct 6 2008, 10:15 AM) *
Oh! And I do have a question. Since I am using the metrogel twice a week, I read on here that you shouldn't take the FemD while you're using an antobiotic. Should I wait 6 months to start taking the FemD? Or should I just take it every morning twice a day regardless of the 6month metrogel treatment?

well, i was put on the same supression method, which didnt work for me at all, plus i had several yeast infections untill i took the fem d. i used the gel once a week to put mine at bay , along with the probiotics. The gel is messy, i rather take the pill because i didnt get yeast infection. But good luck, and Im no gyno but my nurse practioner swears by fem d... to restore the flora . On the box it reccomends to take twice the dosage during antibiotic use as needed. i hope this helps and good luck again ....

+Quote Post
Hunnibee79
post Oct 6 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #1207

Oh! And I do have a question. Since I am using the metrogel twice a week, I read on here that you shouldn't take the FemD while you're using an antobiotic. Should I wait 6 months to start taking the FemD? Or should I just take it every morning twice a day regardless of the 6month metrogel treatment?

+Quote Post
Hunnibee79
post Oct 6 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #1208

Hey! I'm new here but I've been floating around for a few months. I'm so thankful I found this site, it's helped me realize that this is very common condition and that I have no reason to feel alone.

So I guess about 2 years ago I was first diagnosed with BV and the gyn said a lot of times it goes away on its own and I had nothing to worry about (I had just started dating my current boyfriend who has had numerous partners and a lot of unprotected sex). It did in fact go away on its own. But in the past 6 months I've been infected at least once a month if not more.

It seemed to get worse after I took a break from my boyfriend and he had unprotected sex with another woman, during that time I also doubled my smoking. He's been very supportive but I can't help but be embarassed when we have sex, despite the fact that he doesn't mind, unless he'd like to go down on me and I wont let him which is frustrating for him as well. I thought perhaps he was in some way carrying the bacteria bc I ONLY get the infection after I have sex with him. Well, he was treated and we had sex yesterday, and much to my dismay its back! I don't know what to do. I changed gyns and found a great one who immeadiately put me on a 6 month regimen of metrogel 2 a week. I'm at a complete loss. I only get to see my boyfriend about once or twice a month so I'm always clear when I see him, but its gotten to the point where I feel like I'm starting to have an aversion to sex bc I'm so worried about becoming reinfected.

I'm going to try to quit smoking and pick up some probiotics from whole foods. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for such a long post. I can't wait to get to know you ladies better, you all seem fantastic!!!

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 2 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #1209

BUSTie

lori how are you doing now? Are you fine now!!! wink.gif we appreciate you and others coming back to help educate us on bv and the diffrent type of bv. i know you dealt with this for a couple of yrs and i know your happy to that you overcome this bv.

+Quote Post
lori
post Oct 2 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #1210

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(trbutts @ Oct 1 2008, 05:09 PM) *
I have gotten a bacterial infection twice before. Both times, I believe that the guy that I had sex with gave it to me. This is so hard to really figure out because the symptoms (odor, discharge, itching) do not always point to Bacterial Vaginosis. It could also be the parasite Trichomoniasis, which also has similar symptoms to BV. It's really important to distinguish whether you simply have bacteria that is "off" or if it is actually an STD (like Trich). I make a big deal to point this out because it is said that when you get tested for STDs, people usually are not checked for Trichomoniasis, so it's often overlooked. Ask to be tested for that, because that STD has the number one symptom of "fishy odor." If you know that its not that, then you figure that it's a vaginal infection.

This is very important info. I've put this very info. in my blog, and also said it many times in this thread. The standard annual exam at the GYN does not always include a Trich test. Wet preps and pap smears are only 60% accurate in diagnosing Trich. Ladies are definitely falling through the cracks with regard to Trich.

When I first introduced this idea, I was blasted for being wrong. But anecdotal evidence from another poster who works in an STD clinic has proved that this does happen! I think this info. is definitely worth knowing. People who have recurrent BV symptoms really need to have a Trich-specific test at some point.

I think that although the Metronidazole is more dangerous, if you take a thorough dose of it and complete it, it will wipe the BV out. I just don't believe that those creams are as effective.

Well, oral flagyl (metronidazole) is effective against Trich, but metrogel is not. As far as whether the pill is more effective against BV than the gel ... ? I don't know. I do recommend the pills in my blog. I think it's better.

However, after a dose of a strong prescription medicine, it's important to be careful about sex without condoms. There are the obvious reasons why, but besides that, I think the new bacteria (especially if it's with a several guys close together) throws the vaginal flora completely off. Also, if you do start having sex unprotected on the regular, and you see those symptoms, remember that guys can be treated to get rid of BV (although it has no effect on men, many that have sex with a girl that has it spreads it to the next girl). So if any of you are dating a guy that gives you BV and the doctor says that your pH levels don't agree, that's not true. Get him a prescription of Metronidazole also, and and I bet that will help. Most men won't mind.

I think we figured this one out, too - that guys need treatment. I've been recommending this in my blog for a long time - if you're in a monogamous relationship, and you keep experiencing recurrences after sex - make him take a week of flagyl with you. People have been saying it's the pH of semen that triggers BV, or getting your period, but I've been saying that that's not true. Both are normal events that happens to your vagina, and you can't avoid them forever. A healthy vagina should be able to bounce back from normal events. If experiencing either of those things brings on symptoms, that means things were wonky in the first place.

After getting rid of the infection, and your partner too if necessary, I really do believe that vitamins help to maintain the vagina's health after getting it on track. There is a new multivitamin out now called FemmeSecret 9 that has acidophilus, garlic, grapefruit, B6 and all that good stuff. It can be found at http://www.quick2you.com/store/index.cfm?f...iew&scid=93. It's cheaper than Femanol (which I don't think works) and has more helpful vitamins in it, too.

The "miracle cure" we've found is probiotics, specifically, one called Fem-dophilus. From my blog:

Fem-Dophilus (Jarrow)
  • Cons: expensive
  • Conclusion: So far, the this is the most promising and effective product. All the members who have had the best, long-term results have used Fem-Dophilus as a part of their regimen. Highly recommended, based on the research and anecdotal evidence. Buy it refrigerated for maximum potency. (Unfortunately, posters have reported that the bottle arrives warm, even if they select expedited shipping from online merchants who offer cold-packs. So it looks like buying it directly from Whole Foods is the best option.)

It's supposed to help restore the good bacteria in your vagina, and it's helped a lot of ladies in here. (It's kept me BV-free since Feb 2007, after 7 years of BV hell.) It also helps prevent yeast infections and UTI's.

Since I got treated that last time, I've had no problems whatsoever. It's interesting, however, because I constantly get yeast infections, but they're not nearly as annoying as BV, so I won't complain. I also read in Cosmo that there is a new prescription drug out now that supposedly works faster than Flagyl and is safer. Look into that.

Since you get YI's, it means that your flora is still off-balance. I would highly recommend that you look into Fem-D.

As far as prescriptions go - there's only two other drugs that we know of that treats BV. Clindamycin and Tindamax. We learned that Clindamycin can cause overgrowth of strep bacteria, and Tindamax appears to have a low cure-rate for BV. (However, Tindamax appears to be a good treatment for Trich.) So, these are things to be aware of.

If you guys want to share any suggestions with me or ask me any questions, please do. I know how embarrassing and frustrating this is and as you can see I have done a ton of research on it. I've typed alot, so I would really appreciate it if you guys let me know if it helped. Thanks, girls!

TipsyTee

Thanks for sharing, Tipsy. I think it's meaningful that you have done your own research, and we ended up with a lot of the same conclusions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 2 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #1211

BUSTie

EXCUSE THE ERROR IN THE PARAGRAPH SOME WHERE. HELP SOMEONE BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO START HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY HUSBAND. (LOL) I DO MISS THAT. NOW WE ONLY HAVE PROTECTED SEX!!

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 2 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #1212

BUSTie

I took 2 pill of metro the 7 day treatment and even got my husband the 7 day treatment too. I aslo started having anxiety attack it could be trigger fast which feel like a inside fever or menopause. I been under a lot of stress BEFORE this started having to me now I try my hardest to maintain not getting stress out.My husband told me that people are starting to give him reaction like he stink. I don't smell nothing on him but others do. Some days he's fine then other days its strong odor and that the only symptoms he has. now with me I have discharge and a odor smell. sharp pain in the vagina like im having contraction. I don't know if its trichmonasis( hope I spell it right) or another bacteria infection. my doctor insist that it is bv only. help plzzzzz trbutt,neverending, ANYBODY!!!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 2 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #1213

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 2 2008, 12:29 AM) *
NEVERENDING IT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOUR DOING GREAT!!!! YOUR CO WORKERS CAN'T SAY NOTHING NOW (LOL) IM GOING TO THE DOCTOR AGAIN AND I'M GOING TO TELL THEM ABOUT ATROPHIC VAGINITIS TO BE HONEST I'M HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS YOU WERE HAVING. DO YOU KNOW WHAT MEDICATIONS DID THE DOCTOR GIVE YOU? THANKS FOR GIVING US ANOTHER PIECE TO THE PUZZLE SO WE CAN GIVE OUR DOCTORS SOME QUESTIONS smile.gif.

When you go to the doctor I suggest you take (print out) some literature and tell him/her these are the symptoms that you have. I swear, Docs will diagose you with everything but the right thing. That's why none of their methods work. I had a friend that got gonerrehea (sp?) and they gave her meds and it went away. I had a friend that had bv after every kid she had but it always went away with meds. I think meds work but only when the diagnosis is correct. Many people here are getting the wrong diagnosis that's why this does not go away. Once I diagnosed myself (after years of research) my problem finally went away with estroil/estrogen. So, getting the right diagnosis is what needs to be done. I don't know if it was you that said you had no clue cells but no clue cells = no BV, No white blood cells= no infection. I kept telling Docs that I had some type of hormonal imbalance but they kept saying NO your too young for that even though I told them i took estrogen lowering birth control for years. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I'm very happy and I get to start my life all over again. I've laughed more the last couple of months then I have in years. I hope everything goes well for you. kEEP ME UPDATED ON YOUR PROGRESS.

+Quote Post
trbutts
post Oct 1 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #1214

QUOTE(neverending @ Sep 30 2008, 02:31 PM) *
I'm doing very well! All clear and everything is back to normal; Thanks hun! wink.gif

Hey ladies!

I'm just replying to anyone who is interested and I hope my advice helps. I saw this forum and I just had to put in a word or two because I am determined to help women solve this annoying problem.

I have gotten a bacterial infection twice before. Both times, I believe that the guy that I had sex with gave it to me. This is so hard to really figure out because the symptoms (odor, discharge, itching) do not always point to Bacterial Vaginosis. It could also be the parasite Trichomoniasis, which also has similar symptoms to BV. It's really important to distinguish whether you simply have bacteria that is "off" or if it is actually an STD (like Trich). I make a big deal to point this out because it is said that when you get tested for STDs, people usually are not checked for Trichomoniasis, so it's often overlooked. Ask to be tested for that, because that STD has the number one symptom of "fishy odor." If you know that its not that, then you figure that it's a vaginal infection.

The first time that I had an infection, I believe that it went away on its own. I was young and was embarrassed to discuss my vagina with my doctor. The second time that I got a vaginal infection was years later; however, whether I had it the whole time with invisible symptoms I really don't know. I had a boyfriend right after my symptoms dissappeared, and we had unprotected sex regularly. Not once did I see any symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis show up during our relationship, and we had sex as much as we could.

Just last year, I slept with a guy that I knew I should not have slept with, was drunk, and did not use protection. Within two days, I had a heavy discharge with an odor that was very similar to the one that I had during my first infection. I was under the impression that he often had sex without protection often with girls that he barely knew, so I rushed to the doctor this time. He put me on a long and powerful dose of Metronidazole (10 days, 250mg each day three times a day). My symptoms disappeared in about two days, but I finished my dose completely.

I think that although the Metronidazole is more dangerous, if you take a thorough dose of it and complete it, it will wipe the BV out. I just don't believe that those creams are as effective. However, after a dose of a strong prescription medicine, it's important to be careful about sex without condoms. There are the obvious reasons why, but besides that, I think the new bacteria (especially if it's with a several guys close together) throws the vaginal flora completely off. Also, if you do start having sex unprotected on the regular, and you see those symptoms, remember that guys can be treated to get rid of BV (although it has no effect on men, many that have sex with a girl that has it spreads it to the next girl). So if any of you are dating a guy that gives you BV and the doctor says that your pH levels don't agree, that's not true. Get him a prescription of Metronidazole also, and and I bet that will help. Most men won't mind.

After getting rid of the infection, and your partner too if necessary, I really do believe that vitamins help to maintain the vagina's health after getting it on track. There is a new multivitamin out now called FemmeSecret 9 that has acidophilus, garlic, grapefruit, B6 and all that good stuff. It can be found at http://www.quick2you.com/store/index.cfm?f...iew&scid=93. It's cheaper than Femanol (which I don't think works) and has more helpful vitamins in it, too.

It's also smart to use a pH balanced lubricant during sex since infections can sometimes come from dry sex that tears the inside of the vaginal wall (think of a cut that can't breath).

Since I got treated that last time, I've had no problems whatsoever. It's interesting, however, because I constantly get yeast infections, but they're not nearly as annoying as BV, so I won't complain. I also read in Cosmo that there is a new prescription drug out now that supposedly works faster than Flagyl and is safer. Look into that.

I've been dating a guy for a while now, and because of my experiences, we have not taken the condoms off yet. I am afraid that he will mess up the flora of my vagina. I also wanted to make a note that both times that I got BV, the guy had a very large penis that I was not accustomed to and I do believe that I got scratched on the inside a little and possibly got infected that way, also. I absolutely know that men are the top reason why women get vaginal infections.

If you guys want to share any suggestions with me or ask me any questions, please do. I know how embarrassing and frustrating this is and as you can see I have done a ton of research on it. I've typed alot, so I would really appreciate it if you guys let me know if it helped. Thanks, girls!

TipsyTee

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 1 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #1215

BUSTie

NEVERENDING IT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOUR DOING GREAT!!!! YOUR CO WORKERS CAN'T SAY NOTHING NOW (LOL) IM GOING TO THE DOCTOR AGAIN AND I'M GOING TO TELL THEM ABOUT ATROPHIC VAGINITIS TO BE HONEST I'M HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS YOU WERE HAVING. DO YOU KNOW WHAT MEDICATIONS DID THE DOCTOR GIVE YOU? THANKS FOR GIVING US ANOTHER PIECE TO THE PUZZLE SO WE CAN GIVE OUR DOCTORS SOME QUESTIONS smile.gif.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 30 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #1216

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mikamo0229 @ Oct 1 2008, 12:25 AM) *
Im 24 years of age, i feel like im 50 .... i just have given up on the meds.... and i have heard of atrophic vaginits , thats from allergic reactions right ?
if the vaginal environment is dry,may cause friction with intercourse..... leads to bv.... my doc said it can me that because as a child i had exzcema really bad, i hope i spelled it right...

Atrophic vaginitis (also known as vaginal atrophy or urogenital atrophy) is an inflammation of the vagina (and the outer urinary tract) due to the thinning and shrinking of the tissues, as well as decreased lubrication. This is all due to a lack of the reproductive hormone estrogen.

The most common cause of vaginal atrophy is the decrease in estrogen which happens naturally during perimenopause, and increasingly so in post-menopause. However this condition can sometimes be caused by other circumstances.

The symptoms can include vaginal soreness and itching, as well as painful intercourse, and bleeding after sexual intercourse. The shrinkage of the tissues can be extreme enough to make intercourse impossible.

genital symptoms include dryness, itching, burning, soreness, pressure, white discharge, malodorous discharge due to infection, painful sexual intercourse, bleeding after intercourse. In addition, sores and cracks may occur spontaneously.

Urinary symptoms include painful urination, blood in the urine, increased frequency of urination, incontinence, and increased likelihood and occurrence of infections.

Prevention
Use of vaginal estrogen before the condition becomes severe is appropriate. Regular sexual activity may be helpful. A water soluble vaginal lubricant can be helpful in mild cases.

Case Description
A 28-year-old primipara woman presented to the birth center at 13 months postpartum. She reported discomfort with urination, vaginal itching and dryness, and severe pain during intercourse described as "someone ripping out her insides." She had intercourse only four times since giving birth and experienced significant pain each time. She tried lubricants to relieve her symptoms, as well as increased foreplay to improve arousal and vaginal secretions. These measures provided only minimal relief. She has been breastfeeding her daughter since birth and remains amenorrheic. Her pregnancy and birth were uncomplicated, and she has an unremarkable medical history. A discussion about her relationship revealed a strong love for her husband and concerns that her inability to be intimate with him was ruining their marriage.

On external genital examination, her vulva was pale pink, shiny, and inflamed with small areas of erythema and petechiae present. Her vaginal tone was strong; in fact, the muscles were so tight that she found it difficult to relax them and was uncomfortable with the speculum examination. Her cervix and vaginal walls had the same appearance as the outer genitalia, and there was very little vaginal discharge noted. A saline and potassium hydroxide (KOH) wet preparation was performed with the findings of white and red blood cells, very few lactobacilli, and no clue cells or hyphae. Thus, there was no evidence of infection.

Based on her history and examination, a diagnosis of atrophic vaginitis related to lactation was made. Because previous self-help measures had been unsuccessful, she was offered vaginal estrogen cream. She was conflicted between the desire to resolve her symptoms and concern about the effect of estrogen on milk production, but she elected to use the cream after thorough counseling and careful consideration of her options. After 2 weeks of using 17-estradiol cream two to three times a week, she was feeling better and the symptoms were subsiding. She called the birth center to report that the treatment was working, she was still nursing with no decrease in milk supply, and intercourse was much more enjoyable.

Let me know if this helps! This is what I had except mine was due to estrogen lowering birth control LO/OVRAL. Never hesitate to ask me anything. I'm always here to help.

+Quote Post
mikamo0229
post Sep 30 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #1217

QUOTE(neverending @ Sep 30 2008, 12:25 PM) *
How old are you love? Have you heard of Atrophic vaginitis with secondary bacterial. infection? Look it up and make your own decision.

Im 24 years of age, i feel like im 50 .... i just have given up on the meds.... and i have heard of atrophic vaginits , thats from allergic reactions right ?
if the vaginal environment is dry,may cause friction with intercourse..... leads to bv.... my doc said it can me that because as a child i had exzcema really bad, i hope i spelled it right...

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 30 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #1218

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Sep 30 2008, 04:08 PM) *
low risk here too, at least I guess
I have had low risk symptoms and treated twice now, but then told the tests all come back negative time and time again....so I don't have it. Huh?? The infection stuff was never diagnosed until I started seeing a new GYN, after I'd been with my parther for about a year and a half. That was a year and a half ago.
I've heard from an awful lot of people that they have HPV and also have infection problems....but there were also many years that I probably had HPV, but didn't have the infection stuff going on. I was never diagnosed with any kind of infection until recently on my first visit to the new DR, told it was mild but we could treat it anyway. After my first round of treatment started, the symptoms got worse. Before, I had always thought I just had normal changes in discharge. I don't know. huh.gif

Yeap, About 50% to 75% of sexually active men and women contract genital HPV infection. The HPV virus is so small that it passes through condoms, so I guess that is why so many people have it. The thing that matters most is that you keep the immune system up. Most people don't think they they have hpv but if they did a test, they will quickly find that they harbor a strain or two or three or 10. I've even heard of a person having 16 different strains. Anyway, Indole 3 Carbinol is very good at supressing the virus. Google it for those of you with active infections.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 30 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #1219

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Sep 30 2008, 08:29 AM) *
NEVERENDING WHAT HAPPEND TO YOU!!! YOU DISAPPEAR FOR AWHILE DID YOU FIND A CURE AND HOLDING OUT ON US!!! THANKS FOR EVERYONE REPLY ON MY BLOG. IT'S CRAZY THAT THESES DOCTORS GET PAID LOT OF MY MONEY TO TELL PATIENTS IT ALL IN THERE HEAD blink.gif . THEY ACT LIKE THEY DON'T SMELL NOTHING WHILE RUBBING THEIR NOSES ON THE SNEAK TIP. I STOP DRINKING JUICE OR SODA NOW I DRINK ONLY VITAMIN WATER AND TAKE BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM RITAID BRAND 250MG IT HAS VITAMIN C AND ASCORBIC ACID,CELLULOSE,LACTOSE,STEARIC ACID,CROSCARMELLOSE,SODUIM AND ASTEARIC ACID. IM GOING TO GET FEMDO PILLS AND CLEANSING DETOX DRINK WHICH LAST ABOUT 2 HR(I WILL LET YALL KNOW THE NAME OF THE DRINK TOMORROW). I WILL DRINK THE DETOX DRINK B4 USING ANY VITAMIN PILLS IMMA WAIT UNTIL THE DRINK WEAR OFF THEN START BACK WITH THE PILLS. HELPING MY BODY GET RID OF WASTE. IMMA TRY NOT TO STRESS MYSELF OUT GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR FOR MY MEDS THRUSDAY. FROM THERE IM GOING LET YALL KNOW THE OUTCOME.
BUT ONE QUESTION B4 I GO DO YALL EVER FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE INSIDE FEVER IT FEEL LIKE MENOPAUSE??????{IT DON'T HAVE TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME BUT SOMETIMES} NOW IM 20 I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE GOING THROUGH THAT NOW rolleyes.gif

I'm doing very well! All clear and everything is back to normal; Thanks hun! wink.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 30 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #1220

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mikamo0229 @ Sep 29 2008, 08:25 PM) *
hey, im a newbie.... Here are my stats, i was first diagnosed with bv on october 12, 2006. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was under alot of stress from work and school and on a new birth control pill (sprintec). My odor was never the typical "fishy" odor, it always smelled like rotten eggs/ sewer odor, it has ruined my life. The bv triggered epidsodes of anxiety attacks , and I was on the meds for a few months but just felt totally numb so i stopped. My doctors believe that its all in my head, when i get tested no clue cells, but im lacking the good bacteria, and the odor is present and they ignore the smell because there findings cant back anything up. The odor is pungent, i have to cqtch bus to work, and people complain about the odor, they point and say "its that girl ", my coworkers whisper , and cough around me making comments.... i just am at my wits end. ive tried tea tree oil, metro gel, clindesses, flagyl, now im trying boric acid... its soo embarassing.... i wash my vaginal area with water my doctor told me to use unsecented detergent, cotten underwear, you name it i tried.... im so happy to find people who understand my struggle.

How old are you love? Have you heard of Atrophic vaginitis with secondary bacterial. infection? Look it up and make your own decision.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 23, 2014 - 12:13 AM