Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mirror, mirror on the wall...the cosmetic surgery/procedure thread
girltrouble
post Oct 31 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #1

new highs in personal lows daily!

i'm kind of excited. one of my dearest friends got botox this last week. i was afraid that she would look plastic faced, but she was the same, more or less. i asked her about it and she said her rationale was simply, why not. she and i are about the same age, although people regularly mistake me for being in my late 20's/early 30's. we're both about early to mid 40's. she was telling me the woman who did her botox has a vacation home down in mexico and is familiar with some of the tourist hospitals down there. she said that a complete facelift that would cost 20,000, goes for about 6000, down there. my friend said that she decided she was gonna start saving to go down there in 2015, the year she would be turning 50. i'm kinda debating going down with her and getting as much done as i can, which would be up to 5 cosmetic procedures, depending on how much i can save.....

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 31 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Sep 12 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

ok, this laser stuff is so fricking cool! a LOT of my leg hair has fallen out, they are patchy looking now. my bikini line just kinda hasn't grown back in, it's weird. i can totally see how after 3-4 treatments, i just won't really have any more hair. yay! i was kinda skeptical about this actually working, but it is.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Sep 5 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

If you have light hair, they will probably tell you not to waste your money. Well, any reputable place will. They told me it wasn't worth going over my whole thigh, because they just weren't hearing any "ZAPs" which meant nothing was getting lasered.

the laser is attracted to the darkness of the pigment, so if you have light hair, the laser may not pick it up.

It IS expensive, and I have a feeling it'll be even more than I bargained for. I'm doing my legs and bikini line for $550/treatment. And I figure about 4-5 treatments for the legs, possibly more for the bikini. so yikes, it's a LOT of money. But, to think of never having to shave again, or buy razors or have bumps or stubble...so nice. After I shave, my legs itch SO BAD for 2 days, at times I've scratched them til they bled. So, shaving is really a dumb thing, as far as I can see-for me.

Ah I'm ramblin'

It's been about 10 days since I had my first treatment. I've noticed that some of the hairs don't seem to be growing. And, some are just falling out randomly. So that's exciting! I'm going again on Friday for them to do the spots they missed (due to confusion about what I was actually paying for)

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 3 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #5

Pacifism kicks ass!

Ven, I've done a little research on this. The best source of info I've found so far is this FAQ from a hair removal forum. In your situation, though, I think they would recommend electrolisis over the laser. The laser seems to be used over a large area. But if it's small enough that you can actually count the individual hairs you want removed, then electrolisis is your best bet.

Octinoxate, check out the FAQ I linked to above. It says that you have to have multiple sessions because hair grows in phases. The treatments can get rid of the hairs that are actively growing. The extra treatments are used to get rid of the hairs that were dormant during previous treatments & have grown in since then.

A part of me is still interested in doing this on my calves. I've gotten a few reeeeeally painful in-grown hairs on my legs this week & I'm just so sick of this. But it's so expensive!

+Quote Post
venetia
post Sep 2 2006, 01:43 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

I thought the laser only worked on dark hair? I have about ten hairs on each eyebrow that I'd like removed forever, but they're light blonde so I was under the impression I couldn't get laser...

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Aug 31 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

i don't really know. honestly i feel so confused by it. i feel like a dumbass because hi, it's just hair removal! but it seems compliated. they told me that after three treatments i'll really see a big change. they said about 10 days after my first treatment i'll see some "shedding" but it's not that noticeable?

it's only been a week so ill see in a few days if anything happens. right now i feel like it was so dumb and didnt' do anything! but, it hurt like hell, so that's gotta mean something smile.gif

there's a lot of stuff online, if you google it, message boards and stuff.

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Aug 31 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

maddy, what happens if you stop after a few treatments? Does it grow back thinner/lighter? Or will it come back full-strength? Or...?

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Aug 29 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah, it's really expensive! some places say it takes more like 3-4 treatments, but it just depends on the person, your coloring, your hair color, how much hair your have, and the place you go....

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Aug 29 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #10

BUSTie

No kidding... I think I'll stick to shaving, at least till I get a real job!

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Aug 29 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

they told me the bikini line is $250 but if you want almost all of it gone, it'll be a lot more-like $500? i think it would hurt a lot, honestly. but it wasn't like SO awful, just more hurty than i expected. i imagine if you've ever waxed your pubes, it doesn't hurt any worse than that, probably less than that actually. i'm pretty wimpy smile.gif

also, the pubes are the darkest and stuff, so it takes more sessions. The place I'm going to says that the bikini area can take up to 8 treatments! They say 6-8, and that's getting a treatment every 6-8 weeks. So, it reallllly adds up.

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Aug 28 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #12

BUSTie

Maddy, do you know about how much it would cost just to do the crotch? Do you think it would be unbearable to have the whole area done, except for a little landing strip? Oh, and does this usually work in one session, or do you have to have it done multiple times before the hair is gone for good? I'm getting real tired of shaving...

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Aug 28 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

I had my first laser hair treatment on friday. dang, it hurt. They said it was like a rubber band being snapped on your skin, which I thought would hurt. But what it actually feels like, is a tiny little zap of electricity and it fucking hurts. especially the bikini area. i mean, it wasn't like getting an iud put in or anything, but it stung and hurt and throbbed.

i had some issues with the money and stuff, and i didn't end up getting the full treatment, so i'm really frustrated, because now i have to work all of this out with them. Good reminder to get everything in writing and review it before they start on the treatment.

But really, it was no big deal. They glop on a ton of this cold lube like stuff and then rub the laser around, and when it zaps a hair you can hear it snap, and you sure can feel it. after, my legs were all red and spotty, but that faded after a few hours. My bikini area is still all spotty, but i think it's because i had to shave that area before.

anyways, they just emialed me back about the $$ so they better not be screwing me! i'll keep you all updated. I won't have another treatment for like 6 weeks or so.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 31 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #14

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I haven't had it, but my SIL did. There are two ways to have it done. One is through the nipple and teh other is through the armpit, under the muscle. My SIL had it under the muscle and it was pretty painful recovery from what I hear, but it is supposed to feel more natural. I have felt one that was through the nipple and it felt like an overstuffed water balloon and was kinda creepy feeling.
I don't know if that helps at all.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
margot
post Jul 31 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello.

Has anyone here had breast implants?
It's something that's been in the back of my mind for many years, and I'm actually considering it now.

Any stories? -Horror, or otherwise!

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 25 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #16

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

cool! Keep us updated. If it doesn't hurt, maybe I'll go for the underarms!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Jul 25 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

hey all- I went last night to get my first laser hair removal consultation. it went really well. i had done a lot of calling around for prices, etc, so i had a good idea of what it'd cost.

After looking at my leg hair, the woman told me that I don't have that much, so she wouldn't charge me for the full leg! So, it'll be $300 per treatment for the full leg. She said bikini line is $250/treatment. I'm thinking I should just do the leg part, because the bikini line costs a lot for such a small area, and it takes more treatments to work.

I have my first appt. next Monday night, so I'll post after that and let y'all know how it goes.

+Quote Post
yummymum
post Jun 30 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh I want laser hair removal so badly! My legs and underarms, at least. My ex boyfriend's gay uncle works at a place where they do it. And he's told me that he would get me a discounted price. Of course, he's made all kinds of jokes about doing my bikini area. Not really his cup of tea. Hehehe

I was reading an article in the doctor's office about Lipo. And some of the before and after pictures can be pretty convincing. But have you actually ever saw them do the procedure on the Discovery Health Channel? OMG No way could I EVER!!!

I have a couple of frown wrinkles between my eyebrows that I'd like to have botox for. But I'm afraid that I will get addicted. My doctor tells me the simple solution is to stop frowning. But I can't help it that that thinking/frowning look is natural to me. I guess I'll have to take the wrinkles that comes with it!

+Quote Post
tatina
post Jun 30 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #19

Fillers are injectables that can fill up the folds between your nose and lips, your lips, cheeks and other places. It works great if you have a skinny face like me, fuller faces usually don't need them. Most of them are temporarily and last up to a year. For wrinkles between your eyebrows you would rather use Botox. It relaxes the muscles and creates a more softer look. It last 3-4 months. Yes, you can leave the rest of the forehead alone and just target specific areas.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 30 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

What are "fillers?"

Can you get just like the "number 11" done in between your eyebrows--and have 'em leave the rest of your forehead alone?

*wants a facelift...and a breast lift...and a...*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 04:08 PM