The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 178 179 180 181 182 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
karategrrl
post Mar 30 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #3581

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, and I personally detest the bra store clerks, no offense to anyone here who may be one or knows one. If they are a B-Cup or larger, they just. Don't. Get it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 30 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #3582

Hardcore BUSTie

This is a funny thread, one that makes me chuckle at my own silliness...

There was the time I checked myself out naked in a mirror, seated on the floor, and I realized I did indeed have that under-breast crease when I was slouched down! Even then, I pass the pencil test, though! Ha.

And just what is up with that pencil test? I read about that as a teen, not realizing it was kind of a joke, and actually tried it--I let go of pencil, it went crashing down. Was the pencil supposed to magically suspend itself under my practically nonexistent breasts? dry.gif

+Quote Post
edie52
post Mar 30 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #3583

Hardcore BUSTie

Vendetta, I know what you mean about putting your shoulders back. That's what I always believed, and why I slouched so much. But I've realized that even though while standing up straight, the breast tissue does get more spread out, making them look smaller, they still somehow look better, maybe because the person on the whole looks better, and more confident? And also because the breasts, no matter how small, stick out a bit more. I was afraid to stand up straight for the longest time, but, you know... fuck that.

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Mar 30 2008, 05:53 AM
Post #3584

Hardcore BUSTie

The sales girl also told me to go to the sport store to look for training bras...
Well, about posture, I realise that when I put my shoulders back, my breasts just disappear.I am left with two nipple rings hanging from my ribcage lol so that doesn't work for me...
I miss my old me.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 29 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #3585

Hardcore BUSTie

"if we were all happy with ourselves, there would be less fixing (aka money spending) going on."

EXACTLY! The people who "fix"--plastic surgeons, for example--make out like bandits and we buy right into it (pun intended).

I agree on finding bras in the teen girls section. That's typically where I buy mine.

Oh, and a tip I wanted to share with you all--I just bought a bikini bathing suit online from Venus.com. Their "enhancer triangle bra" bikini top in an A fit me well, and was nicely padded--More padding than I typically go for, but surprisingly natural looking. Makes me look like I really have a B cup, without that obvious "I AM WEARING PADDING!" look. (As for the bottoms, do measure yourself and order according to their size chart, not what you normally wear. I ordered a bottom about 3 number sizes below my usual size, and it fits perfectly.)

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Mar 29 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #3586

Hardcore BUSTie

I've had similar bad experiences.
When I was being measured for my ballgown, the women measured my breasts three times because they were sure that they had made a mistake. They thought that no one could possibly have a bust that small (less than 30"). According to my measurements, I would be a 30AA, so good luck to me finding that. I ordered a petite version made to my measurements, but they can only cut the bust down to a certain degree (the bodice was entirely beaded) so when I received the dress, it still gaped at the chest. The boutique had a little old lady who did the alterations. When she saw me the first thing she said was "You need boobs." then she left the room to return with two full cup size bra pads, and shoved both INSIDE my bustier. So as though the rest were not humiliating enough, I got felt up by a grumpy little old lady.

Also, a note on lingerie salesladies. I know a girl who worked at Victorias Secret as a "trained fitting expert" and she knew nothing. She attended a half hour vidoetape and then just made it up as she went along. I would guess that the majority of girls working there are the same, they just don't care.

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Mar 29 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #3587

Hardcore BUSTie

vendetta: i may have posted this in here before, but i had a similar experience my senior year of high school. i went in for a fitting of my dream prom dress, only to have the lady respond to me with disappointment and two shoulder pads per boob. i was like, are you kidding me? i was seventeen with small boobs, i didnt want to show up at my prom with padding that equaled up to a b or c cup. the experience itself was humiliating, but could you imagine how obvious that would have been had i kept the dress? it's like she didnt even care.

edie: awesome point. varying sizes of boobies are normal. horrible that we're made to feel like we've got to be something other than what we are.. but then that's the influence of the media for you. if we were all happy with ourselves, there would be less fixing (aka money spending) going on. dry.gif bs. stand tall, stand proud.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
edie52
post Mar 29 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #3588

Hardcore BUSTie

Vendetta, sounds to me like those women were quite rude and insensitive. I've had similar experiences; I was even sent to the teen section when I asked for AA bras. It can be humiliating, but hold your head up high. And A is NOT an uncommon size. In my experience A through D cups are all common, both on women and at lingerie stores. Outside of those sizes it's harder (my quest for AA ended when I was pointed towards the training bras).

I usually don't wear an A cup either, only when my boobs are a little PMS-y, and even then I only buy ones that are made a bit smaller. If you have H&M where you are definitely try them. Calvin Klein bras are sometimes made small too. Some great websites were posted here, too. But I still don't have much experience buying bras- especially not "real" ones. It was only last year that I realized I could wear a real, underwire bra. I was excited at first, but I realized they're pretty uncomfortable when you're not used to it and don't really need it. Still, as silly as it is, I felt validated being able to walk into a lingerie store and request a size that they would actually have.

So, I've been walking around naked a lot recently (roomies were out of town), and I realized how truly important posture is. My posture is notoriously bad, so I'm not trying to lecture, and I know we've heard it all before, but damn. When I was in high school I slouched way down, on purpose even. For one thing, I was 5'10" by the time I was 14. An even bigger reason, though, was that a friend of mine, who also had really small breasts, had this trademark slouch. I thought it made her boobs look bigger because it made her shirt fold underneath them and gave her a bit of an "underboob." And boys liked her (but probably more because she was pretty and blond and had a nice ass!). So I copied her. I've since realized it was dumb, but I only truly realized how much posture matters in my walking around naked. When I stand up straight the little breast tissue I have stands up and out on my ribcage, and my nipples point to the sky! Not to mention the tummy naturally tucks in, and even your face looks so much better when the head is high and neck elongated. It's yet another thing that I'm making a conscious effort to change. Not only for looks, but health and confidence also.

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Mar 29 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #3589

Hardcore BUSTie

There is no such thing as petite shops around here and my quest for A cups ended here, as I went to ALL lingerie stores and only found ONE A cup bra. The look on the face of the seller when she came into the fitting room and saw the bra on me... priceless. I told her before I thought that was too big and she looked at my chest and said "no, it's fine". I laughed and replied that what she was seeing was not my real chest. It all ended with them giving me the most padded B-Cup bras on store saying something to each other like "but she has nothing, it has to have padding" and explaining to me that the padding was going to give me some shape and so on... So I haven't even tried them all and when they asked from outside how was it going I just said... There's way too much tissue on these and got out of there.
I put on some weight. Now I've got a big ass, big hips and thighs and a bigger belly than chest. Argh.

+Quote Post
neurotic.nelly
post Mar 29 2008, 12:38 AM
Post #3590

Hardcore BUSTie

(ETA: sorry to barge in on the discussion)

Hello small breast busties,

I haven't read the latest posts, I will, but I wanted to say that the last time I posted I hadn't read the full posts of what was expressed and because of that I went on my tirade about small breasted women being sexy, when really, I think it was out of context. You girls KNOW that already, but insecurities come up and that is what this thread is for. I was at work and there were some pictures posted that were not work appropriate so I didn't read them, and I posted from work, ignorant.

I still have (eta: 2% of the time) insecurities but (eta: when I have them) I pretend NOT. Edited to add: I still will not be posting too much around here, I just wanted to let express myself b/c I had misunderstood what folks around here were posting.

You all rock.

Neurotic.

(Continue with discussion)

--------------------
Earth: A Satanically ran planet where 98% of it's inhabitants are unquestioning, conformist idiots who are totally controlled and manipulated by the Satanic governments of the world and have been made complacent by said governments, through rigorous brainwashing.

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Mar 28 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #3591

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah, karategrrl is right. sometimes i put on an A cup and i'm like, 'are you freakin' kidding me?' i really think you should go to a specialty/petite shop. and sometimes i'm a AA and other times i'm an A, i try not to obsess about the arbitrary number/letter assigment of my breasts and focus on the breasts themselves.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 28 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #3592

Hardcore BUSTie

Don't feel bad, Vendetta. In my experience, bra sizes vary as much as women's clothing sizes. In my experience, MOST A-cups have no business being labeled as such. I think it really depends on the manufacturer.

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Mar 27 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #3593

Hardcore BUSTie

So today i've found an "only child" A cup at Dim. I tried it on. It didn't fit, it was too big. So I guess I'm not even an A cup. I knew there was a reason that I had never tried to find that out. Well, then I guess I don't need a bra. Maybe that's a good thing. Or not.

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Mar 27 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #3594

Hardcore BUSTie

So today i've found an "only child" A cup at Dim. I tried it on. It didn't fit, it was too big. So I guess I'm not even an A cup. I knew there was a reason that I had never tried to find that out. Well, then I guess I don't need a bra. Maybe that's a good thing. Or not.

+Quote Post
starship
post Mar 27 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #3595

Hardcore BUSTie

I dont hold it against them, i hold it against me.

on the subject of young girls' body image- mad

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Mar 27 2008, 05:50 AM
Post #3596

Hardcore BUSTie

Yap.. all my younger cousins have bigger boobs than me and I even have this 16 year old who has those awesome knockers. I was the last girl on my school class to develop boobs and well, they never really developed. I just know that at some point girls stopped talking about it, maybe because the late bloomer never grew anything. But at that time I just didn't care, I was so into boy stuff and music, I really never cared about girl stuff until late. But I do remember stuffing my bras and starting wearing padding at like 17 years old and I'm sure I did that unconsciously because I never thought at that time "shit I don't have boobs". At 23 years old, it was like someone turned on some button that has been off almost my entire life. At least, I've been pretty happy about it longer than the majority. I guess that's a good thing.

+Quote Post
anarch
post Mar 26 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #3597

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Mar 26 2008, 02:21 PM) *
Personally, I'm happy to offer the body-image support I didn't have at that stage of life. Not to mention it gives me hope to know that there are younger ones out there who look deep enough inside for support as they are, rather than turning to surgery and other unhealthy methods to find "satisfaction" with themselves, which I think is the media message we are shoveling to people at a younger and younger age all the time.

Hear, hear!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 26 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #3598

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dj-bizmonkey @ Mar 26 2008, 04:14 PM) *
i take comfort in the fact that while they may have the 'womanly' body, i have the 'womanly' experience!

This is true. I was just thinking this morning how hard it was as a teen--I was trying so hard to fit in and didn't have the boldness to do so many things I don't even blink at doing now. Nothing against the younger ladies, though--they have their evolving to do, just as we all do at each stage of life.

Hope everyone knows I was joking with my last post. To all the younger lovelies on the board, we are all so happy to have you here. Personally, I'm happy to offer the body-image support I didn't have at that stage of life. Not to mention it gives me hope to know that there are younger ones out there who look deep enough inside for support as they are, rather than turning to surgery and other unhealthy methods to find "satisfaction" with themselves, which I think is the media message we are shoveling to people at a younger and younger age all the time.

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Mar 26 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #3599

Hardcore BUSTie

i try not to hold it against those girls (like my cousins, who are 15 and both much bigger than me although they complain) because i think every girl that age is disastisfied with her body. plus, they are under the same pressure and media inundation as we are. but still, it IS very annoying. i take comfort in the fact that while they may have the 'womanly' body, i have the 'womanly' experience!

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Mar 25 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #3600

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(starship @ Mar 25 2008, 06:16 PM) *
theres something about the fact that there are children around looking more womanly than me that makes me feel embarassed. Its a bit of a strong word but I find it a little humiliating

And annoying! the little buggers all complain that they are "small," too. Harumph! Damn kids...

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 178 179 180 181 182 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2014 - 09:14 AM