Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kvetch Up
tallgirl
post Apr 27 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #11141

BUSTie

E-mailed you back, love! :-)

--------------------
One day... one day there will be peace in my heart, order in my head, and simple silence all around. I just hope I live to see it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Apr 27 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #11142

Hardcore BUSTie

*driveby*

tallgirl, i am in awe. thank you for that!
and i PM'd you, please check your email!

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
tallgirl
post Apr 27 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #11143

BUSTie

Thursday evening Driveby:

Mandi, speaking with the authority of a Trumpet Goddess, I tell you truthfully: Chewing gum while playing can damage the instrument. Together with the considerable normal spit generated when playing, the sugars and acids will flow through the horn and settle into the valves and slides, causing deterioration and eventually visible corrosion. He's not just disrespecting the band director and his bandmates, he's disrespecting the horn - and to me (and any other serious musician) that's just as unforgivable if not more so.

If I don't post again before then, have a great weekend, everybody! (((YOU)))

--------------------
One day... one day there will be peace in my heart, order in my head, and simple silence all around. I just hope I live to see it.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 27 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #11144

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

kittenwar (and cats in sinks) is the biggest distraction I could ever find. I love it... and I'm one of the ones who seems to vote for the stupid-looking cat. Maybe I miss our dumb-cat more than I thought. His name was Spesh (yes, as in "special needs cat") and he used to run into the table instead of jumping on it.

yay! for wedding prep going well (((pixie))). Hope all goes well
yay! for swimming littles (((damona))).
yay for good things (((rosev))) and woo! for your brother
(((mando))) no, you didn't overreact. but I'm glad the concert went well
sapphy, you're a genius!
no-stress for (((bunny))) & a good time with your boy
(((fina, crassy, amilita - & wally - txplum, tallgirl, sonik, dusty, vesica, lively and everyone else)))

well... the boy decided to tell me that he didn't think we had much in common (this he knows after one drunken night and a gig) so we shouldn't see each other again. Bah, his loss. And, tbh, I wasn't sure we did have that much in common... /rambles on

anyhow, I've gotten back from seeing Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins... wow. really really good... and... she is soooo tiny. I never thought of her as small but...big voice. They played some new songs too, and kept to her material too.

and when I got back... Daphne was actually pleased to see me! She wasn't fussed when I went, but she's been pottering around my room & jumping on the bed. Yay! my bunny-baby loves me again!

although minor kvetch: hecklers. surely you're there to enjoy the show, yes?

****much love & vibes to all****

+Quote Post
amilita
post Apr 27 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #11145

Me-yow!

I do a "draw" a lot on Kitten War, because I can't decide and I don't want any of the kitties to be sad. But sometimes I see a clear winner; like, it is called KITTEN War, so I usually vote for a kitten over a cat.

damona, I love little swimmin' kids! And I love parents who get their kids into swimming...I always feel bad for grown-ups who don't know how.

I had a good time watching the friend of a friend's baby this morning...he was only one month old, and he did a little eating, a little crying, a little sleeping, a little smiling, a little pooping. I got a little of everything!

The Mr. said he was glad he could send me off to babysit "knowing his nuts were all fixed" so that I wouldn't come home with baby lust. As much as I love babies, I'm really content with a short time being around them. Kittens, on the other hand...Wally is even getting so much bigger, the other day I was wishing for another teeny, tiny one.

Jazz Fest is this weekend, and I can already see an increase of people walking around. Nice, friendly people, too.

fina, one of my friends swears by Melatonin. What do you do when you wake up? I've read stuff that you should get up and out of bed to read, then go back to the bed if you think you may go back to sleep...this is from those advice-givers who say the bed should only be for sleeping and sex. No TV or reading or anything else...I've never known anyone who tried that tactic, however.

Saph, I love the topless burgler story...I feel like it's familiar from way back when.

Sonik, I bet your cards are cool. Do you have an illustration on them?

mando, so funny about the gum. My nephew was chewing gum at my wedding, and in the pictures of his whole family, he shoved it between his bottom lip and teeth. I was staring at the photo, trying to figure out what was wrong with him, and is he developing in some weird way that is making him less attractive somehow...and then my mom told me about the gum. Dang.

I'm not a big gum fan, probably because of patient's family members who would crack and/or smack their gum while I'm trapped in the hospital room.

~~~all-purpose house vibes~~~ and ~~~peace, love and understanding vibes~~~ for all!

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 27 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #11146

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

*tiptoeing in* Knock on wood, everything is going fine again, wedding wise. My boss gave me Friday off with pay so I have been busting my touche to get everything done by this afternoon.

My ex decided to switch nights with me so that my mom can keep minipixie tomorrow night so that I won't have to see his mug on my wedding day.

We picked up Mr. Pixie's tux today at lunch! OMG there is something about a man in a sharp suit that makes me want to undress them! We also made a mix cd last night to play during the reception. It is just so cool because this wedding will have all the elements my first wedding was missing, and we managed to make it so totally different. Even the style of the tuxes. Our family is starting to slowly trickle in. Mr. P found out his nasty sister doesn't really have it in for me, but she thinks that his mom "favors" us over her so that is why she is boycotting the wedding. Of course, she fails to see that the fact that she refuses to come to family functions is the reason we spend more time with her mom.

My dress and ring should be ready to be picked up tomorrow. I just need to finish putting together some of the little decorations. Mr. P's step grandma is holding on, so we no longer have to worry about half the family leaving for Iowa.

I know I am just kind of stringing thoiughts together here. I am just so happy that it will all be over in a couple days! I even bought something new last night that Mr. P hasn't seen for Saturday night!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
txplumwine
post Apr 27 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #11147

Hardcore BUSTie

Mandilicious, the boys used to be a fixture at the Maryland Renaissance Festival, but alas, their old warden...erm, "band mate" and his new minions kept that gig over the Mayhem. I hear tell they'll be at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire in July, though.

{{{{TG}}}} I was wondering why you hadn't called me. What a clusterfuck. I am so sorry.

{{{{love to all}}}}

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 27 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #11148

can i go to bed now?

~*~*~*~*~calm the wedding jitters vibes for pixiedust~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~housing vibes for tallgirl~*~*~*~*~

mando, i'm glad to hear the kiddo's concert went well, but i'm trying to figure out how one can chew gum and play a wind instrument at the same time. hell, i can barely chew gum and walk at the same time!

~*~*~*~*~*~*moving vibes for rose and anyone else who is shifting around~*~*~*~*~*~*~

sonik! i'm so glad you didn't wash your phone after all! it sounds like i something i might do...

(((((otter))))) i think i forgot to asdd my voice to the chorus of "oh, i'm so glad you're ok!"

sapphy, that was some quick thinking for distraction!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~sleepy vibes for fina~*~*~*~*~*~

well, we had my little d's swim lesson this morning. he is doing so well! she's actually getting him to put his face in the water a bit. but, he was more interested in what i was doing sitting by the side than in what he was supposed to be doing in the pool. usually, i'm in there with him, but today, i'm not feeling too well, so i decided that it would just be simpler to sit and watch. that part didn't go over so well with little d though!

it's chilly in here and my fingers are cold so it's hard to type. but i've got on my pretty, new, green, long-sleeve shirt so all's well.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
fina
post Apr 27 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #11149

Hardcore BUSTie

I knew it, Dusty thinks I'm a lush!

Sapphy, you're famous- you're quoted in the latest Bustline.

Kittenwar makes me feel really bad for the losers too. Although the losingest cats are all pretty weird-lookin', I'm not surprised they're not doing too well.

You could make some Bakewell muffins, Rose- basic muffin mix with a jam pocket and melted white chocolate on top. Seriously effing good.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Apr 27 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #11150

Pacifism kicks ass!

[pokes head in]
Sorry I haven't been posting much. There honestly isn't a whole lot to report. Luckily, things are going well. We move into the house next week! Woo hoo! Thanks so much for all of the vibes. And my brother got his final grade in Calculus II and he made an A! And we haven't gotten very lost on the roads lately. So it's all good!

~*~*~*~*~ sparkly vibes of health for Anoushh & the contents of her oven ~*~*~*~*~ Is it too soon to coin a nickname?

~$~$~$~ more appraisal vibes for Mandi ~$~$~$~

zzzzzz deep sleep for Fina zzzzzz

~~~~~~ domestic peace and harmony for all ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ extra vibes of peace and sanity for PixieDust ~~~~~~

Sonik, what a stressful morning! I nearly hyperventilated over your phone. Thank goodness it didn't end up in the washing machine afterall!

It's funny to hear you all talk about the time you've spent in Scotland. Sheff actually has family up there, yet I'm certain I've spent more time in Scotland than he has!

Kvetch: I'm in the mood for Bakewell tarts. I'm in the wrong country for such cravings. Sigh!

+Quote Post
crassy_mcnasty
post Apr 27 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #11151

Hardcore BUSTie

(((otter)))

mandi, woohoo for a good appraisal! and glad danny did well even though gum was involved.

sidecar, i'd lurve to see pics of spohie and lil puggie!

(((mornington)))

(((tallgirl & radar))) argh! sounds like the realtor is on crack or something! *crossing parts that asking price will match the appraisal*

(((sybarite)))

(((bunny)))

yay for sonik's new cards!

sapphy that's an awesome story!

oh gawd, kittenwar is addictive isn't it!?! too late.... oh, and sukimonster looks exactly like my enzo when he was a bebe. awwww!

when i was in high school algebra, i had to chew gum to help me concentrate. i guess it got ingrained cause now everytime i go to do figures i crave gum.

--------------------
I drank my forty before I left the house, cause i'm a lady!

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 27 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #11152

Hardcore BUSTie

Hmmm...was it the oscars that I was so grossed out by Carlos Santana chewing gum, ugh, in closeup while he played? And Mr. Dusty told me that guitar players often chew gum to (let me think here) I think it was to stop them breathing heavily in tune to the music. Don't know how that would translate to playing a wind instrument, hee.

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 27 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #11153

Hardcore BUSTie

I must say, i was also pretty impressed when i read that Mando. Chewing gum and playing an instrument? Pretty impressive.
And you're not old!

And i forgot to say how cute Wally is !!!!!!!!

I used to do some poweryoga twice a week, in the evening. I stopped because it made me very tired. Maybe it's a suggestion, Fina.

Dusty, i'm very content with my cards! I had one before, but i'm embarrased to hand out cards with a hotmail address. It deosn't even work anymore and it was difficult to put it in, because the address was so long. P already took some to hand out at school.

I knew Sapphire was cool..you can do nothing wrong in my book now that i heard of this story!

topless burglary..hee! Maybe it could actually work.

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Apr 27 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #11154

Hardcore BUSTie

fina, melatonin did work for me, once upon a time. that might be a good route for you. nowadays i'm all about the xanax. but then, most of you know that i'm sure.

amilita, thanks for the linkie, but i can't play kittenwar. i feel too bad for the losers. i must be PMSing.

color me pouty because:
1) scottish mayhem do not perform in the northeast US.
2) lovely offers from my gals, but no way i can get my ass to TX anytime soon.

*all parts crossed for the tallfam's housing sitch*
*non-angst vibage for mornington*

now i remember about the topless burglary incident *guffaw*!

(((sybarite))) i've been jonesin to meet you for years, babe.

so glad you didn't wash your cell, sonik ... i was getting panicky just reading!

*make-love-not-war vibes for the taking*

kvetch: the kidlet's concert was stellar. however, he was chewing gum the entire time. i have no idea how the hell you play a wind instrument whilst chewing gum, and while part of me was duly impressed at his prowess, the other part went ballistic. (fyi: we've had gum issues ever since an unfortunate incident involving crusty discards found under his bed. um, yeah. major ewwww. and i've only just relented and let him resume chewing this past week. i even gave him gum in his easter basket.) i made sure i complimented his performance, but i also read him the riot act about how disrespectful it was to his band leader, his bandmates, how idiotic he looked, etc etc.

railing against the chewing of gum. i am officially OLD. i dunno, d'ya think i overreacted? maybe i shouldn't punish him? (no gum period, and two days without his beloved madden 2005. which is gonna hurt.)

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
vesicapisces
post Apr 27 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #11155

Hardcore BUSTie

Dusty, yet ANOTHER reason why I adore you - that's one of my favorite BC songs. Actually the whole album, but that song in particular.

Fina and Bunnyb and Lys (if you're here somewhere), where in the Highlands are you going? I love it there. If I ever became independently wealthy I think I'd move there.

xxxooo to everyone else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sapphy
post Apr 27 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #11156

BUSTie

Sidecar, the cuteness alone will probably keep you awake! And yes, I did see who is not retiring, and of course thought of you. I can understand your mixed feelings. But at least it's better than him playing for someone else (I was kinda skeeved out when I read he was even considering such a thing).

~*~*~*vibes for Anoushh and the bun in her oven*~*~*~

~*~*~*excellent appraisal vibes for Casa de Mandi*~*~*~

*~*~*~sleep vibes for Fina~*~*~*

~*~*~*anti-fighting vibes for all who need them*~*~*~ What's up with all the fighting?

HA! I had nearly forgotten about the burglar/toplessness incident. For those who missed it, in a nutshell, there was a rash of thefts in our neighborhood a while back and SapphMan witnessed the bad guy taking something from the neighbor's house, at which point he (under the delusion that he was Batman or something) wanted to chase after said thief. I thought this was a bad idea, so I distracted him by taking my top off. It gave him something else to focus his super powers on. :-)

Whoops! I was about to give an undie report but then I realized it's not Friday yet.

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 27 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #11157

Hardcore BUSTie

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to suggest you were drinking yourself to sleep, Fina, but was responding to suggestions that it might help you sleep.

I bet Sonik's business cards are way cool.

+Quote Post
fina
post Apr 27 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #11158

Hardcore BUSTie

Bunny, even I've been further north than where we're going!

Um, don't think there will be any sauna pics guys. Call it a hunch.

I didn't know you had lived here, Syb!

FWIW my sleeping difficulties are independent of alcohol intake. I have had crap sleeps over the last two weeks with no alcohol, a wee bit, and rather a lot. I also had crap sleeps on my last weekend away, both days when I could have slept til 10 but woke at 5. I do exercise a lot too and usually in the evenings. I think my body is just testing me or something. Maybe I need to start melatonin or something else Mandi can suggest.

~~~ No more stupid fight vibes, or at least win the stupid fights if they have to happen~~~
~~~ House vibes for Rose, Mandi, Damona and TG- who am I leaving out? Sorry!~~~

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 27 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #11159

Hardcore BUSTie

(((((((((Tallgirl &radar)))))))))

(((((((((Anoushh)))))))))

Belated happy birthday Rose!!!!!

Boy, what a start of my day! I took the day off from work, so i can finish some things i have to finish.
My cellphone is also my watch, so at night i keep it next to my bed. When i get out of bed in the morning i automatically get the cellphone and put it in my pajama pocket. I decided to wash some clothes, so in the process i took off my pajamas to put them in the washing machine as well. As the machine was running for a bit, i realised i couldn't find my cellphone!! When i opened the washing machine a gulp of water came out. So i closed it again and turned it off. For some reason i couldn't get the door unlocked!
At last i was able to pull the door open and i rummaged throught the wet clothes...no cellphone.
I then realised that when i got out of bed, i had grabbed my bra and shirt, leaving the cellphone on the bed...phew!

When i found my cellphone, i saw that P had called. He was supposed to pick up my business cards, since it was on his route anyway. So i called him back. He said that he probably shouldn't have paid the business cards, since they were all wrong...JOKE!
He had me jumping there! Especially with the washing machine deb√Ęcle!

Anyway the cards turned out great! I even sent the company an email, thanking them for their service. Tomorrow there's a reunion at the art school i attended, so i'll be sure to take a stack with me.

P has a presentation at his school tonight; about modernism and post-modernism (Andy Warhol vs. Takashi Murakami). I just reviewed it and added some comments, rewriting and adding things. I love writing about art and culture. It works exactly as when i'm drawing, things flow out, even before you thought them up.

Anyway, i have to go back to work..

(((((((((((Sybarite)))))))))))))

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Apr 27 2006, 05:38 AM
Post #11160

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

hehe, *cough, mumble, mumble* twenty-five years I've lived in Scotland (bein Scottish and all) and I've never made it North ! I love Loch Fyne salmon, and mussels from thereabouts and Stornoway black pudding... it's almost as if I have travelled around my own country, albeit only in the palate!

Looking foward to it lots, I need a break after all the uni stress.

Re: stupid boys - the boy and I have been so busy and stressed that we've been arguing over nothing (negative comments made by friend last weekend did not help) but less time together = appreciating one another more. He's collecting me from train station on Sunday night and we're going out for dinner before going back to his so should be lovely and much-needed. I've really missed him.

*~*~*~*house/apraisal, job, money, not being shot at again vibes~*~*~*~*

(((everyone)))

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post

562 Pages V  « < 556 557 558 559 560 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 05:18 AM