Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Tread Softly Because You Tread Upon My Dream[Shoes]s": The Footwear Thread
auralpoison
post Apr 19 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #1

Big Fat Bitch

Well, I needed something to go with this purse . . . laugh.gif

QUOTE(just_a_guy @ Sep 9 2010, 06:27 PM) *
In my experience a girl who has a closet full of trendy shoes and handbags cares more about the criticism of other women, whereas a girl who is more likely to spend her free shopping time picking out underwear tends to put more weight on the opinions of her inner circle of friends and family.

I also bought some new brassieres to make sure I'm down with my inner circle. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 19 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooh, nice! Are you going to buy them?

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 15 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Big Fat Bitch

What the hell?! Ya buncha practical shoe wearin' freaks! laugh.gif

These are my current obsession, the Gee Wa Wa Flora in Kelly green. I like the raspberry ones as well, but I already have enough red shoes.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
futura
post Apr 15 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Talking about comfort:

These. I had to get used to the look of these, but by browsing through fashion blogs fot inspiration these sandals suddenly clicked with some ensembles i had in mind. Still too cold to wear them outside, but this afternoon looks promising.

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 12 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooh, pretty!

Yes, comfort is a priority for me. But I love high heels on other people's feet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
futura
post Apr 12 2011, 07:53 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Nice, Persiflager! Those must be very comfortable!

I just bought these. Mine are tan though.

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 11 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Colourful new shoes for ME!

These and these.

Shoon is my new favourite shop smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 8 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

Glitter 99 Tie! Sparkly Frankenstein shoes! What is not to love?!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 15 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #9

Big Fat Bitch

Archegonia, when in doubt, when bummed out, I indulge in my love for shoes by online window shopping. Of course, some shoes are like architecture: beautiful to look at, but I wouldn't want to live in them!

I have the world's biggest neo-sixties girl group crush on these beautiful new Fluevogs, the Attentions Paris Beige Devilfish. Oh, so sexy, oh so neutral. WAAAAANT. I need them to go with my new ASOS dress with the Peter Pan collar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
archegonia
post Feb 14 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

lol, ap, i like your shoe fetish. smile.gif

--------------------
leashed only to the wind

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 12 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #11

Big Fat Bitch

Must. Win. Lotto. Alexander! McQueen!

Is it weird that I desperately miss this man I never knew? This man I want to just call 'Lee' because I am so familiar with his work that he feels like an old friend? ::sighs:: It still makes me terribly, terribly sad that such an amazing, creative spirit extinguished his own light.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 25 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #12

Big Fat Bitch

If these do not make you wet? You are dead, fo' sho.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 3 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #13

Big Fat Bitch

These fall somewhere between Elton John's Pinball Wizard Doc Martens & something very TRex, but god help me, I love them: Jeffrey Campbell's Glitter Lita. The Lita has been the go fall shoe since they launched despite the fact that they are a shoe that only a fashion blogger could love. I have been waiting for the glitter ones to launch since August & have, in fact, planned a huge chunk of my A/W purchases around them. Glitter, purple, & back pony & I am a happy lass!

Also, Fluevog is at it again! Behold . . . the LOURDES. I luff shoes with button detailing! They've also updated my favorite Giulia's in black velvet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 16 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #14

Big Fat Bitch

Oooooh! How I love thee, Jeffrey Campbell!

Persi, I moved your query over to the purse thread. I hope you find what you are looking for!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 16 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Ohhh, pretty shoeses!

Can I ask about handbags? Apologies for posting in the wrong thread - advertising had made me think that shoes and bags are basically the same thing.

Anyway, I'm basically trying to find a smart leather version of my current scruffy messenger bag, but they're all so..... girly! I like across-body bags as they're more comfortable, with internal pockets and as few buckles, frills, bows and other nonsense as possible.

Any tips?

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 9 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #16

Big Fat Bitch

Neutrals are rampant this year.

Eh, I don't like BR anyways. I have a pair of fantastic boots from there that I bought ten years ago, but the shit I had to go through to get them? Feh. I sat on a bench in the middle of the store for nearly ten minutes before somebody actually deigned to help me. Plus, they are the same company as ON & ON doesn't want fat chicks in their stores, so they deserve it in the fuckin' ear.

I do hope the QVC line is cool, though. I'd rather buy from corny QVC than BR.

And Syb, woman? EMPTY YO INBOX! BISH BE TRYIN' SEND YOU SOMETHIN'!

Curse you Anthropologie! Fall Frolic Booties, Cloaked & Buttoned Booties, Purple Unfolding Booties, Forest Flower Oxfords, Lass & Laddie Oxfords, Peppermint Swirl Spectators, & Eyelet Platforms.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 9 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #17

it's cards on the table time

Encouraging, but I looked at the previews... you know what colour the Mad Men women don't wear? The ubiquitous grey which is all over the runway previews...again. Will check actual BR site in a few weeks.

/derail, for real this time

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 8 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

I know this is supposed to be about shoes, but I *can* tell you that the head costumer from Mad Men, Janie Bryant, is partnering with both Banana Republic & QVC to launch MM inspired lines this A/W. We shall see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 8 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #19

it's cards on the table time

I am scared to check out net-a-porter: too many temptations, I would have to take up gambling. LOVE the Miu Mius... even though I couldn't walk in them.

ETA: This is why I can't find any Mad Men-inspired wool frocks... because they're all over 500. /threadfail

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 8 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #20

Big Fat Bitch

And now a report from the shoes that are ridiculously expensive:

I DIE. I die TWICE for Alaia. LITERALLY. B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Shut the front door! Oh, if I had the legs . . .

Y'know, I don't shop from crazy insane priced places, but they often have really great styling tips & knock-offs/substitutes are easily found.

--------------------

+Quote Post

27 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 1, 2014 - 08:08 PM