271 Pages V  « < 122 123 124 125 126 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
fbgirl987
post Dec 13 2007, 07:30 AM
Post #2461

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 13 2007, 08:17 AM) *
I agree, the boric acid is awesome. I have used it twice this week and so far, so good. No odor, no itching, no discharge except of course the clear stuff. I don't know if it will actually cure me, but its helping so far. I've got my flagyl on the way too. Also taking acidophilus capsules. I'm going to battle this thing from all angles. Hopefully, it will work. Good luck ladies!!!!!!!

Konphusion26, thats where I was on sunday I think...attacking from all angles! LOL
I just wasnt sure about continuing use of the boric acid because of the swelling. Did you have any of that? It wasn't like an allergic reaction...because there was no redness and my symptoms were MUCH better- but it was swollen.

I was reading old posts in this topic and saw some info on the JAMU stick as well. Some women saw results from that...if any of you are lurking around here- did it work long term?

Good luck Konphusion!! Let me know how it goes!

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 13 2007, 07:00 AM
Post #2462

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 13 2007, 07:51 AM) *
Hi Lisa...I tried the boric acid for the first time two nights ago and it did help with the symptoms. I was kinda swollen after but oddly, no redness, itching or burning. I noticed right away it hurt less than the monistat and clindesse I have used off and on.
Hope it works for you. Let us know. smile.gif

I agree, the boric acid is awesome. I have used it twice this week and so far, so good. No odor, no itching, no discharge except of course the clear stuff. I don't know if it will actually cure me, but its helping so far. I've got my flagyl on the way too. Also taking acidophilus capsules. I'm going to battle this thing from all angles. Hopefully, it will work. Good luck ladies!!!!!!!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 13 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #2463

BUSTie

QUOTE(lisabon @ Dec 13 2007, 01:23 AM) *
OMG... you guys don't know how happy I am that I found this site. I've had BV for some years now and had originally thought first that I wasn't cleaning down there properly (I was a teen and didn't know any better), then couple years down the line, figured it was a yeast infection and did the over the counter stuff. Didn't work of course

I went to see a gyn last year and she told me I had a slight case of yeast infection and gave me Gynazole Fluconazole 150mg. That didn't work, so I went to another gyn and then he tells me I had BV. He presecribed the Metron... something or other and that made me sick. I had all the side effects. Stomach cramps, nausea, wierd ass taste in ur mouth, light headedness etc. I'm pretty sure that was the worst week of my life. I was on my period too so the stomach cramps were 10 times worst. I didn't realize it was the pills that were making me sick until a full week after taking it.

Anyways, stopped taking the pills, let my gyn know and he then prescribed the Clindamax cream. That crap made the inside of my vagina itch and it did't work at all.

So now here I am, still with the discharge, the fishy smell and the itchy chocho. I've been reading through the thread and I think I'm just gonna go ahead and give this boric acid a try. I'm desperate.

ETA: The itching is more bothersome than the discharge and the smell. Does the boric acid help with the itching?

Hi Lisa...I tried the boric acid for the first time two nights ago and it did help with the symptoms. I was kinda swollen after but oddly, no redness, itching or burning. I noticed right away it hurt less than the monistat and clindesse I have used off and on.
Hope it works for you. Let us know. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 13 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #2464

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 12 2007, 10:58 PM) *
last time i took flagyl orally the symptoms stayed away for about a year actually. then i had an IUD placed in May and got diagnosed with BV in July. my doc treated with me with metrogel but that only kept the symptoms away for about a month. trying not to use antibiotics again to treat it, i went the herbal/less conventional route. i tried femanol which worked really well but i decided not to buy another bottle due to cost. then i tried probiotics, garlique, and B vitamins for a while with great results but then one day the horrible odor and discharge came raging back. finally i gave up and ordered the flagyl online.

I might pick up the garlique today if I can find it in a drug store. I hope i am symptom free for a year. that would be great (actually- even a week sounds like heaven at this point). blink.gif
I didn't try the boric acid again last night because I was kinda swollen and unsure if it would make things worse...so...its Flagyl and tons of yogurt and vitamins for now. Fingers crossed.

I am def glad its worked for you so far. Let me know how it goes and I will do the same. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lisabon
post Dec 13 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #2465

OMG... you guys don't know how happy I am that I found this site. I've had BV for some years now and had originally thought first that I wasn't cleaning down there properly (I was a teen and didn't know any better), then couple years down the line, figured it was a yeast infection and did the over the counter stuff. Didn't work of course

I went to see a gyn last year and she told me I had a slight case of yeast infection and gave me Gynazole Fluconazole 150mg. That didn't work, so I went to another gyn and then he tells me I had BV. He presecribed the Metron... something or other and that made me sick. I had all the side effects. Stomach cramps, nausea, wierd ass taste in ur mouth, light headedness etc. I'm pretty sure that was the worst week of my life. I was on my period too so the stomach cramps were 10 times worst. I didn't realize it was the pills that were making me sick until a full week after taking it.

Anyways, stopped taking the pills, let my gyn know and he then prescribed the Clindamax cream. That crap made the inside of my vagina itch and it did't work at all.

So now here I am, still with the discharge, the fishy smell and the itchy chocho. I've been reading through the thread and I think I'm just gonna go ahead and give this boric acid a try. I'm desperate.

ETA: The itching is more bothersome than the discharge and the smell. Does the boric acid help with the itching?

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 12 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #2466

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 12 2007, 08:29 PM) *
god thats awesome news! I am sooo hoping for the same. I am going to try to replinish. the lady at rockwell nutrition told me that if i dont put in the 'good bacteria'- that it is kinda counter productive. so i caved and paid another $40 for the probiotics. hopefully it comes soon since I am on the Flagyl now.
I am happy for you and your symptoms clearing up- it gives me hope. smile.gif Can I ask how long it lasted last time?

last time i took flagyl orally the symptoms stayed away for about a year actually. then i had an IUD placed in May and got diagnosed with BV in July. my doc treated with me with metrogel but that only kept the symptoms away for about a month. trying not to use antibiotics again to treat it, i went the herbal/less conventional route. i tried femanol which worked really well but i decided not to buy another bottle due to cost. then i tried probiotics, garlique, and B vitamins for a while with great results but then one day the horrible odor and discharge came raging back. finally i gave up and ordered the flagyl online.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 12 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #2467

BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ Dec 12 2007, 04:29 PM) *
Hi all,
I put this by mistake on the forum list..so I will ask here also. I found out about a herbal product called Vagistatin. Has anyone else heard of it or used it???

that's a new one for me. any idea what it's supposed to do?

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 12 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #2468

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 12 2007, 04:46 PM) *
yes i've seen A LOT of improvement. i have no odor, itching, pain, burning or anything. My discharge is clear. I'm really hoping the flagyl will take care of it for a bit. I've taken flagyl in the past for my BV but I think I made the mistake of not replenishing the good bacteria after I finished the course.

god thats awesome news! I am sooo hoping for the same. I am going to try to replinish. the lady at rockwell nutrition told me that if i dont put in the 'good bacteria'- that it is kinda counter productive. so i caved and paid another $40 for the probiotics. hopefully it comes soon since I am on the Flagyl now.
I am happy for you and your symptoms clearing up- it gives me hope. smile.gif Can I ask how long it lasted last time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 12 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #2469

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 12 2007, 04:03 PM) *
so you have seen improvement with it? I just ordered HLC Probiotics to take when I am done to replinish the good bacteria. I am really hoping for improvement with Flagyl

yes i've seen A LOT of improvement. i have no odor, itching, pain, burning or anything. My discharge is clear. I'm really hoping the flagyl will take care of it for a bit. I've taken flagyl in the past for my BV but I think I made the mistake of not replenishing the good bacteria after I finished the course.

+Quote Post
sciongal
post Dec 12 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #2470

BUSTie

Hi all,
I put this by mistake on the forum list..so I will ask here also. I found out about a herbal product called Vagistatin. Has anyone else heard of it or used it???

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 12 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #2471

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 12 2007, 02:09 PM) *
I'm only taking the flagyl right now. I'm on day 7 I think. So far so good. After I finish the Flagyl I will start taking the Femdophilus and Reuteri again to replenish everything.

so you have seen improvement with it? I just ordered HLC Probiotics to take when I am done to replinish the good bacteria. I am really hoping for improvement with Flagyl

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 12 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #2472

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:57 PM) *
Hi Jularee,
Thanks for the reply. Have you done anything else WITH the Flagyl? Or are you just on that right now? Today is day two on it for me and I havent yet had any side effects (knock on wood). I am praying I DON'T get a yeast infection with it....which is how this whole cycle started. dry.gif

I'm only taking the flagyl right now. I'm on day 7 I think. So far so good. After I finish the Flagyl I will start taking the Femdophilus and Reuteri again to replenish everything.

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 12 2007, 07:09 AM
Post #2473

BUSTie

Last night was the first time I tried the boric acid. Hopefully that and the flagyl will help. I was petrified I would have some insane allergic reaction and end up at the ER but to be honest- the Clindesse and Monistat burn more than the boric acid! I am a LITTLE swollen today but thats not unusual for me to begin with and of course that stuff is working its way out.
But so far- no burning, itching or pain.
I am hoping this is the immediate relief I need...but as I have learned...never get your hopes up with BV. dry.gif

I will keep you all informed. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Dec 12 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #2474

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey guys! Long time no post. Here to update. So far I'm STILL culturing negative for the Strep B, I'm not showing any signs of BV on my wet mount save for "a few clue cells that aren't consistent with the ones he was looking for" and I STILL smell, burn and cannot have sex b/c of the pain. My doc even had two other doctors look at my wetprep the last time I saw him and the only thing strange they could find was NO lactobacilli. Well, I can't fix that. I broke down and tried sticking a probiotic up there and all it did was irritate me more and make me leak out a bright yellow substance that stained my underwear. (The pill is a VERY light yellow until its gets moist and then it turns a radioactive yellow. lol) So, my doctor had a compounding pharmacy make up some tea tree oil suppositories. Supposedly its supposed to help restore the natural flora he says.

Well, before I try that I'm thinking I'd like to try the one antibiotic I haven't tried yet...Metrogel. I bet after using that I'll culture positive for the Strep again....

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 12 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #2475

Hardcore BUSTie

ah thanks jewels. i love the icon to go with it! wink.gif

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 11 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #2476

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(knorl05 @ Dec 11 2007, 11:13 PM) *
oops. yeah me too. what does it do anyway? i had two drinks last night. that should be cool eh? i mean, i'm fine, just real drained today. but that could also be due to long night we had .. and that i havent really been drinking much water lately. just wondering, is flagyl hard on the liver or kidneys maybe? or do you think the alcohol counteracts the effects of the drug?

Drinking Alchohol with the Flagyl can make your vomit. That is why they say not to drink while taking it.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 11 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #2477

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 07:16 PM) *
I guess its more irritation. Its a contact thing- jeans hurt. It burns and kinda itches. The doctors dont seem to take it seriously- telling me how its a 'minor' infection (they arent the ones trying to treat something so MINOR). It is very frustrating. Do baths make it worse? I ask becuse I have cut back on my evening bath but it eases the discomfort. so idk. sad.gif

yeah jeans are uncomfortable unless I wear like an unscented pantyliner or something to keep them from rubbing. I couldn't really tell ya about the bath thing, cuz i only take showers. If you're using a soap or something to cleanse with, that might be causing more irritation.

Maybe some of the other ladies can give you some insight on that. Try taking showers for a while and see if that helps. I heard that a cool compress should help with the external irritation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #2478

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 06:21 PM) *
Thats not gross! We all have dealt with this stuff in one form or another. But ummmm, I havent really had any pain to speak of. The irritation is definitely there. Thats how i can tell when its coming back. My problem was the smell and the discharge. All i can tell ya is to try the boric, it may help with the pain too. I'm not sure babe.... good luck though.

I guess its more irritation. Its a contact thing- jeans hurt. It burns and kinda itches. The doctors dont seem to take it seriously- telling me how its a 'minor' infection (they arent the ones trying to treat something so MINOR). It is very frustrating. Do baths make it worse? I ask becuse I have cut back on my evening bath but it eases the discomfort. so idk. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 11 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #2479

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 03:19 PM) *
one more thing...do you have pain and irritation with your infection? does the boric acid help with that? I hear alot about how it helps with the smell but to be honest the pain is bothering me alot more than the smell. Gross, I know (sorry ladies) unsure.gif

Thats not gross! We all have dealt with this stuff in one form or another. But ummmm, I havent really had any pain to speak of. The irritation is definitely there. Thats how i can tell when its coming back. My problem was the smell and the discharge. All i can tell ya is to try the boric, it may help with the pain too. I'm not sure babe.... good luck though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 11 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #2480

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 11 2007, 04:57 PM) *
forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.

oops. yeah me too. what does it do anyway? i had two drinks last night. that should be cool eh? i mean, i'm fine, just real drained today. but that could also be due to long night we had .. and that i havent really been drinking much water lately. just wondering, is flagyl hard on the liver or kidneys maybe? or do you think the alcohol counteracts the effects of the drug?

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 122 123 124 125 126 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 21, 2014 - 08:11 AM