The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions & Comments about the Magazine
sonyatv
post Aug 16 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #21

I am looking for a copy of a page from the Parker Posey edition. I need the article about the silver spoon pins companies used to give brides when they registerd for their pattern.
Want to include it in the gift of one of those pins.
THANKS for anyone who can help
Sonya
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Becky
post Jul 24 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #22

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to locate the bust issue that features a picture of a girl that has an orchid tattoo on her wrist. Some how I have misplaced this picture and I really want it as a reference for a future tattoo. It is a black and white tattoo and for some reason I remember it being towards the back of the magazine, maybe in the advertisements. The issue would have been published some time in 2005, 2006. If you have any ideas as to what issue to look in I would really appreciate it. Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post May 26 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Henrietta,
that is a great idea. It's something we could use around the office as well. I'll get to thinking about how it could be done....

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
HenriettaPussyCa...
post May 25 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #24

I need an index for my Bust library. Is there one?

Like where did I see those embroidery instructions, or the recipe for ceviche, or how to do finger waves.

I'd be happy to contribute to typing up the index but we need a central location for it.

Sorry if this has come up a million times already.

+Quote Post
mlleemily
post May 23 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #25

I'm always glad that Bust asks the 'are you a feminist' question too, even when the celebs say no (well I hate celebs who say no, but you get me). It begs the question of quite why they're IN a feminist magazine, but I can think of no other women's magazine that would even ask, and that's sad.

+Quote Post
Lesbajew
post May 19 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #26

BUSTie

QUOTE(Mary_LV426 @ May 19 2007, 01:55 PM) *
Waht's BUST magazine about? I just came here cos of the lounge to chat. Is it a Ladie's magazine?

Bust is impossible to put into a few words.

At it's core, Bust is a feminist magazine. My mother described it a "feminist Cosmogirl."

I don't know if that helps, but it's what I got.

+Quote Post
Mary_LV426
post May 19 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #27

Waht's BUST magazine about? I just came here cos of the lounge to chat. Is it a Ladie's magazine?

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post May 4 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #28

the moistiest

well, there was Leslie Hall who is the lady rapper of "Gem Sweater" fame if that's who you mean.

(she rocks.)

+Quote Post
Brandy, I'm ...
post May 4 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #29

What is the name of the "big sweater lady" featured in this mags music reviews? I'm at work without the mag and I can't remember her name.

+Quote Post
great
post May 2 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #30

BUSTie

I don't know Gwen in person but I have to say that I love her, she's a sweetheart. I think that in some pictures she looks exactly like Marilyn Monroe. Look at this pictures and say if I'm right or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gwenharlow.jpg
http://www.californiaharleydavidson.com/su...yn%20Monroe.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Apr 13 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jazzjune @ Apr 11 2007, 11:12 AM) *
I was wondering if BUST accepts unsolicited freelance queries; I guess I can't start another topic because I'm new, and though I searched for some key words, I couldn't find a fitting thread (no pun intended), so I apologize if this has been asked in a previous post.
xo
Jazz

We most certainly do work with freelancers! Check out our submission guidelines at http://www.bust.com/info/submit.html. Make sure you let us know which section you think your article is best for as well as all of your contact info, and remember, we plan ahead! We're currently working on June/July.

xo
LoungeLady

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
jazzjune
post Apr 11 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #32

I was wondering if BUST accepts unsolicited freelance queries; I guess I can't start another topic because I'm new, and though I searched for some key words, I couldn't find a fitting thread (no pun intended), so I apologize if this has been asked in a previous post.
xo
Jazz

+Quote Post
GlamourDiva
post Apr 3 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #33

Hmm I haven't read the mag--but I have interviewed Gwen personally during Fashion Week--I'm a freelance writer--and she's absolutely a sweetheart--sometimes things translate wrong..plus she is a new Mom--new Moms are crazee about their kids--wait til her 2nd one--she will be handing the kid off to the crossing guard!! LOL

gd
http://www.colorshowdown.com

+Quote Post
Yorkie
post Apr 1 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #34

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the Gwen interview or the fact that she's on the cover. I thought I was in a particularly cranky mood (first trimester pregnancy makes me go all Cybil-like on occasion) when I read it, but what really chapped my behind was how she said she would just pass her little one off to a nanny if she had something to do. Allright for some, ay?

I adored Gwen for the longest time, although most of the tracks on her last album left me less than impressed (but whatever...I couldn't do any better). But after this, I dunno. It's really hard to get an idea if she said some of that stuff tongue in cheek from the printed word. She definitely did not come off well, alas.

Yorkie

And oh yeah...the fag ads bite. BLAH.

--------------------
Stop by my Den of Iniquity: www.yorkshiregal.blogspot.com.

+Quote Post
hipartmomma
post Mar 20 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(go_kayte @ Jan 19 2007, 12:21 PM) *

Why the hell didn't they put Kim Gordon on the cover?
Maybe they already have in a previous issue. Still. I was kinda neutral about Gwen Stefani before but after reading that I very much dislike her.

I especially love her total ignorance of the not-filthy-rich... I don't have the mag in front of me so I can't quote it but it was something about "I think it would be totally hard to leave the baby with someone else to go to work. I wouldn't do that." Urgh!

That really bothered me too - I have a 7 month old daughter and I don't have the luxury of staying home with her. Plus its healthy to have time away from your kids even though you love them. Yes it bugged me to put her in daycare, but she is a much better sleeper and way more tolerant of spending time away from me...

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Mar 9 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #36

PANTIES! ew.

Bumping this up so it's visible.

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post Feb 6 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, and a new low with the cigarette ads--cigarette coupons! I am definitely NOT renewing my subscription when it comes up. I just can't be a part of that. And it's just totally ruining an otherwise awesome magazine, I just don't understand!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 19 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #38

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(go_kayte @ Jan 19 2007, 11:21 AM) *

Maybe they already have in a previous issue. Still. I was kinda neutral about Gwen Stefani before but after reading that I very much dislike her.

I know- clearly Kim (and Thurston) had much more to say than Gwen. She is just such a twit. I was so bored reading it- no offense to the interviewer....it was obviously a marketing decision to interview her and have her on the cover. Hmm, making their money by interviewing stupid-but-popular celebrities or having cigarette ads? That's a tough decision.

I found the birthing article more fascinating and I'm a CBC'er!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
go_kayte
post Jan 19 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

I especially love her total ignorance of the not-filthy-rich... I don't have the mag in front of me so I can't quote it but it was something about "I think it would be totally hard to leave the baby with someone else to go to work. I wouldn't do that." Urgh!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 19 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #40

(o)(o)

Of all the people that could have been on the cover, Gwen.

*takes a seat*

Oh my. I am still shocked. I wonder what her answer would be to a difficult question. Or would that need to be explained as well.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2014 - 03:36 AM