Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 188 189 190 191 192 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
girlbomb
post Sep 6 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #3781

Hardcore BUSTie

Holy shit! I saw another woman carrying one of those Anya Hindmarch bags on the street today, and I thought I had a really funny, original idea, and I came home and updated my Facebook status to say, "Janice is getting a canvas bag that reads, 'I am, however, a self-righteous twat.'"

SPOOKY.

So my confession is that I am not original at all. Rather, I am kind of a hack.

And I confess that I still waste resources right and left -- though we've made all the simplest ecological adjustments (cloth napkins, switching to windpower), it's the hard ones I still haven't made (um, tickets to Disney World in December, heh).

Also confession: I fucking love Disney World.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mouse
post Sep 6 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #3782

Most Likely Procrastinating

uh, 20 pounds for a canvas bag? the original ones that sparked the fad were only 15 bucks (albeit in limited quantities). sorry, i can't get behind that. if someone was selling bags that said "i'm not a smug twat capitalizing heavily on other smug twats' sheep-like fad mentality in addition to my audience's desire to feel holier than previously mentioned smug twats" for five dollars or under, i might get one. harrumph.

confession: i have an imaginary boyfriend. he is studying paelontology.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 6 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #3783

PANTIES! ew.

The shipping charge for the bag nearly made me faint.

Sometimes I'm ashamed that I haven't put any real thought into decorating my house. Part of me thinks it's a huge bother at this point now that I've waited so long, knowing that I'll be moving out when the lease is up next year. Still, I'm often bothered by the sparseness and how it doesn't reflect who I am as a person, but apparently not bothered enough to do anything about it.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Sep 6 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #3784

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks humanist. that bag does rule.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Sep 6 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #3785

belligerently lazy

Get an I'm Not A Smug Twat Bag!

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 6 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #3786

(o)(o)

raisingirl, so not intentional, but now that you pointed the smug thing out, you are right, I need and MUST get that bag!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 6 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #3787

PANTIES! ew.

I confess that yesterday I wanted a grilled ham & cheese sandwich. I've been vegetarian for more than a decade and every so often (and alarmingly more often, it seems) I have fantasies of eating meat. I know I won't do it. And I hate it when people dismiss me by saying things like, "So have it!" when I wasn't really looking for "permission" (???) in the first place. Oy.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Sep 6 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #3788

confession: i am drunk, and tired, and as such am not going to do the work i should be doing. instead i am going to go to bed.

further confession: i have no respect for the guy i am doing work for. his art sucks, and he's terrible at describing what he wants. i hope he never becomes a for real art director. he would be terrible at it.

note to dude: "information architecture" and "layout" are bascially the same thing. also, i don't understand the distinction between "creative standpoint" and "visual standpoint". stop trying to sound smart and start just explaining yourself. plain english is good sometimes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Sep 5 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #3789

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

What annoys me about the trendy green thing is that in two years most of those people will go back to their SUVs, throw away the "I'm Not a Plastic Bag" totes (without irony), and ignore anything remotely environmental, while snickering at people who do the things mouse listed because they are "weirdos."

Speaking of waste, last night I bought new underwear because I hate doing laundry and didn't have any clean ones.

I also really want a dishwasher (this is from doing the dishes by hand my entire life).

I'm also really depressed about my birthday coming up. I don't want to be 30, I feel like I wasted my 20's away doing nothing and want all that time back. A part of me knows I shouldn't be, that age doesn't matter and there were some horrible times that, thanks to experience, I'll never relive, but dammit, I'm getting lines around my eyes and I'm not even close to wanting to settle down.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
mouse
post Sep 5 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #3790

OHMYGOD i need one of those smug twat bags!!!! WHERE???

the thing that bugs me the most is how "green" has been made stylish, and that everybody thinks that the accoutrements and accessories are IT, when really it's the down and dirty unpleasant stuff that really counts--avoiding plastic bags. picking through your trash to recycle. taking shorter showers. washing and re-using your yogurt containers, plastic forks, tinfoil. buying wax paper instead of saran wrap. washing dishes by hand instead of using a dishwasher, hanging your clothes out to dry instead of using a dryer--who the fuck even thinks of doing those things? i'll admit, i'm far from blameless. but the flagrant hypocrisy of making money off a green message while being too fucking lazy to even recycle infuriates me.

and yet i haven't quit, and i derive a vain pleasure from being part of a trendy popular company. which, ultimately, makes me a hypocrite as well, and that was my confession.

*barf*

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 5 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #3791

PANTIES! ew.

CH, you used the word "smug" in your most recent post here (Was that intentional?), so I think that means you HAVE to get that "I'm not a smug twat" bag!

I confess that I sort of want one of the smug twat bags as well, problem is that I totally have been mistaken for a smug twat.

+Quote Post
gradgal
post Sep 5 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #3792

Although I'm nearing the end of my graduate education, I think about quitting school *almost* every morning. I'm envious of other 20 somethings who have good jobs, make good money, and have their evenings and weekends to do what they like. Then after a few minutes of toying with the idea (e.g. considering where I could get a job, and what I would tell people etc.), I haul my butt out of bed, face the day, and go into the office anyways.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 5 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #3793

(o)(o)

I had sex with a man I know is his sort of girl friends apartment. What's worse is that I feel bad yet smug about the whole situation.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Sep 5 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #3794

beachcomber

mouse,
I started "going green" w/ makeup and now w/ my girl's uber sensative skin, have branched into natural products for our whole home.
I realise of course, that reducing chemicals and waste in the home doesn't cancel out all the crap foods I still feed my family, but I'm working on it, like it's everyday small choices.
aeresol spray can - or- pump.
supersize -or- regular.
plastic -or- paper.
I also am understanding that just bc a company advertises it's "green friendliness" doesn't mean they absolutely are beneath the surface. the more I learn the more I discover I have to learn.

however, I've already decided to do what I wanted to last year but didn't, and that's to give everyone the same gift for the holidays-- organic cleaning products packaged in a reusable shopping bag (tied w/ twine?). -- is there a Green Thread anywhere here?

confession: my road rage is bad and getting progressivly worse.
to quote my mr: " it's a good thing I don't carry a gun. " sad.gif

** personal note to the driver of the "Disabled Vet/Retired Army" driver of the behomothe SUV that nearly killed me in the drop off lane at frecklette's school this morning:
I hope you wreck and don't recover!!!!!

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 5 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #3795

(o)(o)

Mouse, I agree with how trendy this go green things has become. Like, how is driving around your family of 5 in your SUV, but buying organic good for the environment.

Raisin I want the twat bag.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 5 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #3796

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I confess that I wanted one of those bags. Bad bunny.

I use tupperware all the time for work food but then I nullify it by using Starbucks paper cups when I should use a travel mug.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 5 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #3797

PANTIES! ew.

What you're saying reminds me of the recent brouhaha over these bags:

And the ensuing retaliation from a more creative designer:

And Mouse, your coworkers give you crap for bringing in your own mug? Totally ridiculous. People need to find hobbies (and priorities), I swear.

I have a raging headache and forgot what I was going to confess... *toddles off*

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 5 2007, 04:16 AM
Post #3798

cryostat bitch

ooooh, mouse, yes. The UW's the same way, they're plastering notices all over the place about how they "conserve" and do all this crap and we're cutting our energy bill by 25% and blah, blah...well, they still WATER all the grounds in the middle of a MAJOR drought.

I mean, c'mon folks...water the trees, or maybe flowers or something that'll DIE, but you don't have to water GRASS..it'll go dormant, when it's dormant you also aren't burning fossil fuels to MOW it.

Blech.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Sep 5 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #3799

right now, a disgusting amount of my company's merchandise has some sort of "keep it green!" environmental slogan on it--but we don't actually recycle in the office, and people make fun of me for bringing in a coffee mug instead of getting and throwing away a styrofoam cup every day.

we also have a lot of stuff with some sort of anti-war/peace slogan on it, but we also have an armed services license and actively brainstorm effectively pro-war slogans and images for that merch.

i am SO FUCKING SICK of political and/or ethical platforms being used as SOLELY a way to sell something. it's happening more and more and i'm really fucking grossed out by the "go green!" trend everyone is having a heyday with now. sure, okay, you buy organic and you watched "inconvenient truth" and it made you sad, so you think that buying the expensive whole foods dishsoap labeled "EARTH FRIENDLY!" absolves you. i bet every day you throw away two or three plastic bags, plastic cutlery, plates, water bottles, packaging and other one-time-use ephemera that you don't even fucking REGISTER. FUCK YOU. are you rinsing out and re using your ziplock bags? everyone wants to drive a prius, but nobody wants to carry around collapsible tupperware to avoid the styrofoam takeout box. i fucking hate that this trend just exacerbates the thought that SAYING you're concerned about the environment makes it so, and you don't have to back it up with any dirty work or unstylish re-use. FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU.

confession: even though i cannot reconcile these things to myself, and it makes me furious every day, i still work there because i need the money. and furthermore, i ENJOY the fact that i am a designer at a high-profile super-trendy company.

even if i can't reconcile that.

fuck. me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Sep 4 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #3800

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I hate my brother.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 188 189 190 191 192 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 04:55 PM