The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 107 108 109 110 111 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
mornington
post Jun 4 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #2161

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

i f**king love the summer. Green linen-cotton peasant top. 3/4 length pink trousers (they were too heavy to be gauchos).

lime green ankle uggs.

it was 26degreesC outside. And she was still in her uggs.

Gauchos don't seem to be so prevalent here - there are places selling them, but I don't know if I've seen them called gauchos. It's capri pants here.... everywhere.

I'm a CoF... I wear my sunnies on my head. But I don't have a cleavage - or a low-cut top - to hang them in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jun 3 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #2162

Hardcore BUSTie

if it looks good and you can rock it, sure.

not sure why they're marketing those as gauchos -- they look nothing like them. personally i feel like those would make me look like somebody's grammaw.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 3 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #2163

Hardcore BUSTie

Fashion help, I don't want to be a CoF. I bought some swimsuit coverups like these:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/601-1646111-3740114?_encoding= UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000CCG3QQ

would it be okay to just wear them as shorts with a cami or a t-shirt?

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 3 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #2164

it's cards on the table time

IMO it's way better than wearing them on your head like a quasi-alice band, ladies-who-lunch style.

I just know as soon as I go out I will spot many, many CoF brought on by warm weather in a land where no-one (including myself) has a 'summer wardrobe'. Will be back, possibly with scalded eyes...

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Jun 3 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #2165

BUSTie

CoF question: If you don't have a bag, is it ok to hang you sunglasses in your cleavage? So they are hooked over your top with one of their arms? Is that ok?

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 3 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #2166

Hardcore BUSTie

*Sincerely hoping Busty can't keep this promise*

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jun 3 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #2167

Hardcore BUSTie

I have my own crime of fashion to report. I have succumbed to the horror that is the leggings/miniskirt combo. I give up. I concede. I wave the white flag of egregious sartorial error and promise never to make fun of anyone else's bad fashion again.

*this may or may not be a promise I can keep. Jessica Simpson, I'm looking at you.*

+Quote Post
lady_ell
post Jun 2 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #2168

Hardcore BUSTie

kbot, I think I saw who you're talking about. For serious (I was also on the R).

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 2 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #2169

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm still trying to work out the concept of formal shorts ... Blyken? Little help? *Grin*

Okay, and I'll hit the eye mall today. Ladies, what colors and prescriptions do I need for y'all?

+Quote Post
modegirl
post Jun 2 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #2170

BUSTie

WHAT is with these footless tights and ripped shorts in NYC? are others wearing this horrible look around the country? for shame, with all the exposure to fashion and lots o sample sales - (hangs head).

i hate wearing tights whenever (exceptions made for black tights, but mostly these have now been usurped by thigh-high opaques for comfort), but footless and not black. especially white, pink, etc? for dance class YES, for wear under ripped shorts EEEP/NO

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jun 2 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #2171

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

ha, kbot79, I live on St. Mark's. Leggings and formal shorts and torn shirts layers upon layers upon layers 24 hours a day. I think there's a competition going on about who can be more 'alternative.' Which is completely missing the point.

*shudders and stomps off muttering something about oversized belts*

+Quote Post
sassypants
post Jun 2 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #2172

BUSTie

On my way to work this morning: A sassy older lady wearing a red t-shirt with fake military styling on the front (gold buttons, faux-epilettes, etc) and "soldier of love" on the back in gold sequins.

Haven't decided yet if this is a COF or just plain fabulous. I wanted to give her a hug.

+Quote Post
kbot79
post Jun 2 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #2173

BUSTie

On the R train this morning:

Woman, 20s, very attractive. EXCEPT! Below-knee-length oversized (mens?) green cargo shorts, white lace footless tights, a grey military-looking cropped blazer and brown, pointy-toed flats. I see this shit all the time at NYU (where I work, but the Criminals are usually only about 19.

+Quote Post
speedy
post Jun 2 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #2174

Hardcore BUSTie

dude this a.m. waiting outside Midas muffler: knee-high shorts and matching camp shirt in big-check orange plaid. The kicker? A matching hat. Um, nuh-uh. Plus, you don't get a break on this one for being a working-class minority. Basically, bro, what the heck?

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jun 2 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #2175

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

ha! "labia flossing" *crosses legs*

Knickers. Are we doing knickers now? Not underwear, no formal shorts, but poofy, Dickensian, button-just-below-the-knee tweed fucking knickers!!

(Unfortunately, girl was rocking it. I am just jealous).

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 2 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #2176

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

I *like* number four, polly.

ok... blonde woman, 30-40ish; denim skirt, nothing terrible, right waist, length (ok, a bit short), shape. Matching denim jean-jacket that ended just at the wrong height on her hips. Pale blue tights. I mean sky-blue, they were lighter than the denim, and that odd 20-dernier weight where you can almost see the skin tone underneath, and they emphasise all the bad points of your knees.

She finished it with a pair of square-pointed ugly brown kitten-heeled mules that didn't go with anything.

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Jun 2 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #2177

BUSTie

Now that it’s summer, many nights are spent at various local watering holes sipping Bell’s Oberon al fresco. Being as I live in the sartorial nightmare that is Ypsilanti Michigan I have a slew of CoFs to share…

1. If you’re gonna wear your hair in a bouffant, make sure that you comb down the top layer in the back. From the front it was a killer hairstyle; from the back it was a killer of hair follicles.
2. Oh little dweeb man with the miniature accordion. I truly envied your mini-accordion (this is crimes of fashion, not crimes of music people – cut me a break). However, I did not envy your brown chunky suede winter shoes, patterned socks with sailboats on them, bird legs, and blousy white short shorts. And the matching sailboat tee tucked into said blousy white short shorts…words can’t convey the CoF you were sporting. By the way, you are a skinny man, wearing the blousy white short shorts above the ribs really wasn’t doing anything for you. Were you a joke? A sartorial mess of an angel sent to relieve my tension after realizing that I had forgotten my bike lock combo?
3. Cute vintage sun-dress! Not to be worn with a funky brown tee shirt complete with armpit holes and the most cod-awful brown roman gladiator sandals that were TOO BIG! When you have straps up to damn near your knees, the damn things shouldn’t be falling down!
4. Oh do you know the muffin top? The muffin top, the muffin top, oh do you know the muffin top who’s pants are falling down? Seriously chica, if I can see your muffin top through your pregger look(but not really) babydoll top, your pants are too effing tight! And really, is labia flossing really necessary, and is denim the right choice of fabrics to do so? And the razor cuts through bum area, not sexy. That’s some kind of Samantha “naughty girls need love too” Fox trashy.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 2 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #2178

it's cards on the table time

*Lavender* fishnets are never good. Especially when worn with a dress in a matching lavender, and red heels. To a 10am press screening.

I could just tell she had put thought into this outfit, and was consequently strutting around all chuffed with herself. You really don't want to sport a CoF like that in front of arts journos, who have too much time and bile on their hands to let it pass...

+Quote Post
possum
post Jun 1 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #2179

BUSTie

Seen today: Woman in her 40s. Wearing a white tank top, no bra. Didn't have big boobs but still needed support and was showing nipplage. Big poofy grandma hair. And then the Mom Jeans. Pleats, high waisted, acid wash, wide black belt. Belt was mere inches below sagging boobs. At the bottom were thick sneakers, something like New Balance.

I could not stop staring, taking mental notes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Jun 1 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #2180

Hardcore BUSTie

what i've been seeing a lot, especially on the high school age kids around here, are pajama bottoms, sometimes complete with fuzzy slippers and matching camisole-style tank top/actual camisole, like straight up out of the old lady section of the sears catalogue/button-down shirt in same obnoxiously loud pattern. and they always have the accompanying bedhead, but their make-up is perfect. well, perfectly garish, but the fact that it's done says that this wasn't some five-minute run to 7-11 for the morning paper gone horribly wrong. they're going out like this on purpose. on purpose! when did it become the height of trendy to spend a day on the town looking like you literally just rolled out of bed five minutes ago? i suppose their parents are letting it slide out of gratitude that they've abandoned their miniskirts and uggs and track pants with the word sexy emblazoned across the ass. but really, are we not just trading one evil for another?

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 107 108 109 110 111 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 11:12 PM