The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
walkingbitch
post May 2 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #1141

Hardcore BUSTie

gotta agree bout the shaved bits camel toe thing.

I wear brown and black often, I think it's about tonality and proper mixing techniques, honestly...

So, on my way back from work pumping gas at the local HESS, (not my first choice, but BP was too far and I was like on E) I saw this lil bit of wonderment:

What I believe was a man, but who knows he was built like a 12 year old boy, pumping gas on the other side of the island not even 4 feet from me:

Light blue linen blazer circa 1984, (is it Miami Vice WEEK people?) except, popped up collar and torn off sleeves, not at the shoulder, rather at the elbow... ok?
Those rubber garden clogs Mario Batali loves, dayglo orange
White striped tube socks, one red striped one, one blue, pulled up to the knees
A brown rolling stones t shirt that I know he got in the women's section of kmart, cause I OWN THE SAME SHIRT
and the topper, literally
a yankee ballcap.

I wanted to ask him if he always got dressed in the local salvation army in the dark, with Helen Keller's assistance, but for some reason was unable to get it out.

By the way the kicker is he was fueling up one of those Scion trucks, which by the way IS much more of a box than my element is, so ptttphtpt.

--------------------
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f@*#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."
Bill Hicks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 2 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #1142

Hardcore BUSTie

I actually bought a pair of pants recently that camel toe BAAAADLY. Fortunately, they're basically my end-of-the-workday get home and get comfortable pants, which are never worn out of the house except to walk the dog (a time I refuse to give a POO about what anybody thinks, as long as I am competently covering all the naughty parts of my body). But I developed the theory that camel-toe is most pronounced in the, ah, shaven among us. These pants fit perfectly well, and the center seam causing the problem is not tight at all, but unless I pushed the pants down until they sagged (which - no), they would and will camel-toe on me, and that's just how it is going to have to be.

Of course, I have no problems with brown and black either - so, as we all can see, I am a Philistine.

Heh.

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post May 2 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #1143

Hardcore BUSTie

I definitely wear brown and black together a lot. I think it can work great, you just have to be a little careful with it. I thought I was unusual in my hatred for jeans with no back pockets. I have always thought they look terrible on me, and I actually have a cute ass. I don't think they look good on other people, either. Another thing that bothers me on myself is jeans where the back pockets are really low and come down to the top of my thigh. I don't think that is flattering on too many people either, because it makes the ass look either droopy or flat.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 2 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #1144

(o)(o)

What is it with this silly matronly outfits? Ugly.

Pants so tight I can see your undies, really, wear a thong if you pants are that tight, and I've already gone on my camel toe rant.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
llamas
post May 2 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #1145

Hardcore BUSTie

Among the most important life lessons my mom has passed on to me (along with not buying cheap paper towels and that boys are dumb) is the evil of elastic waistbands; they inevitably make everyone's waist/ass area look lumpy. On a side note, she is sooo my anti-CoF hero...her sisters are currently trying to drag her into frumpy middle-aged "style" and she is having absolutely none of it.

Anyway, a scroll-down on a woman in my office today: black blouse, floral print skirt, nude pantyhose...black rubber soccer sandals.

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post May 2 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #1146

go ahead . . . push the button!

elastic waste bands go along with the elastic on panties that dig in and make the fat bulge out above and below. just buy a bigger size and look, no dig, makes a girl look thinner too.

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 2 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #1147

(o)(o)

Elastic waste bands are the devil. I have some fleece pants with an elastic waste band, but not the traditional waste band. Like the one's discussed below.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
nickclick
post May 2 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #1148

Hardcore BUSTie

my mom doesn't wear mom jeans, mostly because they don't have elastic waistbands. why mom?????????

i'm sooooo guilty of the brown/black combo. in fact right now i'm wearing a black skirt, white deep-v sweater, light brown tank under, and brown boots. but i dress exclusively in neutrals. i add color in jewelry and bright lipstick. sometimes.

+Quote Post
MaybeSparrow
post May 2 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #1149

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(shinyx3 @ May 2 2007, 08:58 AM) *
high waisted pocketless pants with taperd legs . . . makes the ass appear to be dripping down the back of the legs. my mom wears these. uuuhhg. they come up over the mom belly pouch accentuating it.

The sheer horror of a full-on pair of Mom Jeans....shudder

--------------------
"Acquiring knowledge is like biting into a cheese that gets bigger with every bite" --Henry Miller

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post May 2 2007, 07:41 AM
Post #1150

go ahead . . . push the button!

high waisted pocketless pants with taperd legs . . . makes the ass appear to be dripping down the back of the legs. my mom wears these. uuuhhg. they come up over the mom belly pouch accentuating it.

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 2 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #1151

(o)(o)

I think it depends on the brown.

pocketless pants, not good. They make everyon'e ass look dumpy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 2 2007, 05:45 AM
Post #1152

it's cards on the table time

Fourthing the brown and black together... but I do agree it only works sometimes. I remember agonising over black footwear with a brown dress in the Empress thread.

Mornington, did ponytailed dude wander off of the set of Miami Vice by mistake??

The sun has come out and I am waiting with baited breath for the inevitable rash of CoFs...

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 2 2007, 04:18 AM
Post #1153

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

count me in on the brown and black crime...

but nooooo on the pocketless pants. Stupid stupid stupid things.

last night... so many CoFs it was funny. The guy in a white linen suit with a loooong ponytail. In an emo club. A dirty emo club. Then the chick in her gothy get-up (which was, well, gothy, but ok) until you looked down. She was wearing camo-print walkers mud-protectors. Those waterproof things you put round your calves and boots to stop your trousers getting wet. Apart from anything else, she was all in pink and purple and black and it clashed.

and my eternal favourite. White sport socks with black trainers and dark longshorts. Pulled up. Reminds me of my dad.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post May 1 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #1154

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I'll be joining you, mouse. I have a brown t-shirt with a really cool fish design that I wear with my black skirts. sad.gif

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
mouse
post May 1 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #1155

Most Likely Procrastinating

are brown and black together really a crime? sad.gif i have a pair of brown fake-suede boots that i wear a lot and i often pair them with a black shirt or a black jacket. am i going to hell?

OH and i HATE buttpocketless pants. they don't look flattering on ANYONE. they make people with no butt look like they have saggy butt, and people with perfectly adorable bubble butts look like their pants are too small. HEINOUS.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
LustfullyPink
post May 1 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #1156

Hardcore BUSTie

Faded, acid wash, skinny leg, high rise, no butt pocket, holed jeans, with a trememdously bulky pumpkin orange sweater, a chunky 40 year old brown belt OVER the sweater, these awful, ankle high black pilgrim shoes with tassles and a SCRUNCHIE in her hair. You know, the lank hair with bangs cut straight across. Absolute worst outfit i've ever seen. Ever.

Brown and Black mixed together make me want to kill myself.

--------------------
Give me room to stand, and I will move the world.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 1 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #1157

(o)(o)

You know what's really bad? Crocks with socks! (hey it rhymes)

--------------------

+Quote Post
mouse
post Apr 29 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #1158

Most Likely Procrastinating

ahh, solidarity in oppression!

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
kelkello
post Apr 29 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #1159

The rest is gravy...

*lobs a more attractive shoe at Bunny*

There, Mouse! Feel better?

--------------------
The greatest instance of serendipity since penicillin.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Apr 29 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #1160

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

mouse laugh.gif. sorry, I missed your post. They are cute and practical and I like them in pink and silver and I can't believe I do.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 09:31 PM