The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 195 196 197 198 199 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
karategrrl
post Jul 15 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #3921

Hardcore BUSTie

dj-biz, what a horrible prom story!! Ugh, what a perv photographer! Gad, I thought I had a horrible prom (none of my friends went...welll, I really didn't have many friends...my boyfriend was a complete ASSHOLE & instigated a fight...) but I have to say, your prom story takes the cake! Really, to have such a pervert taking high schoolers' pictures!

QUOTE(kari @ Jul 12 2007, 02:34 PM) *
I just bought a formal type gown this week. Here is my question....it fits perfectly. In the chest, in the body. Doesn't need a bra. I don't know that I have the confidence to wear it though w/o some sort of padding b/c it shows how actually small (like tiny) by boobs are. I hate that I even have to ask this question. Ugh. I just don't know that I want to broadcast "hey, my boobs are really small." Does that make sense? The padded bras give me confidence, sadly.

Nope, I hear ya. I struggle with this myself. Like dj-biz said, under some clothing my boobs really disappear, so a tad of padding makes them look like they should look normally. BUT...to go braless under a camisole, that sort of thing just leaves no illusions, so I have to be in a really confident mood. Most of the time I am not feeling that confident and just want to look "normal" so I go with the lightly-padded bras. I also feel that most of my clothes look better with the bras--part of it is feeling not completely dressed/polished without a bra & part of it is, I admit, just feeling like "a little bigger is better."

That's another reason I love Milla Jovovich--she never wears padding! Maybe one day I'll be that confident myself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muffy
post Jul 13 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #3922

Hardcore BUSTie

kari, I say embrace your small breasts (I'm sure someone's already mentioned this) while not having to wear a bra if I don't want to is my favorite part of being an A-cup, if you feel you need a bra, then wear one.. though I must admit those padded bras are fantastic even if they do make me feel a little like I have big fake boobs. I do indulge in the occasional padded bra.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Jul 13 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #3923

Hardcore BUSTie

Kari, I have to agree with Stacy here as well, whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident. Though I will say, if you're going to use the word 'advertise' in conjuction with what you wear, isn't padding false advertising. Some idiot guys with their heads way up their asses might think so, but then again, who cares?! you absolutely shouldn't be ashamed of the way that you look and feel like it's something you have to hide. the only time i ever opt for padding (which is usually very very very thin) is during the winter and i've got to wear sweaters. my breasts just disappear under all that fabric. they still look small with the bras, but atleast they show up under all those layers of wool.

Lux, I understand how you must be feeling, especially post-break up, but I'm glad to hear that you aren't opting for surgery. The costs most certainly outweigh any benefits. however, i think it is a personal choice that any woman has to make for herself. for me, although i have often considered it, do i really want to risk my life just to fit into a mold or feel that i'm more attractive to people? and i looooove going topless (i did it today, in fact!) and i certainly don't worry about camouflaging anything. it's my body, i embrace it and there is nothing more sexy than self-confidence.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
Stacy Wayne Gacy
post Jul 12 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #3924

Lux, I don't know whether to envy you Europeans (I'm assuming? Or Brazilian?) or pity you... sounds comfortable, but there's not much camouflaging a girl can do, topless.

Kari, in my opinion (ah, how I love that phrase), the primary job of a dress is to make you feel confident and pretty, not to fit correctly (though it must do that, too). If you feel more confident in the dress with a padded strapless bra on, then wear it. I love mine.

--------------------
I wasn't born no yesterday

+Quote Post
kari
post Jul 12 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #3925

Hardcore BUSTie

I'll join the discussion!

I identify with so many of the issues you all have mentioned. I have considered sugery, briefly, but then accepted that getting implants so does not coincide with my personality or way of life. And it angers me that the only reason I'd consider it is b/c of society's standard of sexy.

I just bought a formal type gown this week. Here is my question....it fits perfectly. In the chest, in the body. Doesn't need a bra. I don't know that I have the confidence to wear it though w/o some sort of padding b/c it shows how actually small (like tiny) by boobs are. I hate that I even have to ask this question. Ugh. I just don't know that I want to broadcast "hey, my boobs are really small." Does that make sense? The padded bras give me confidence, sadly.

+Quote Post
lux
post Jul 12 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #3926

BUSTie

i don't think i'll ever go through with surgery, i know myself well enough to say that i wont be feeling like this in a couple of years.
in two weeks i'm on holidays, and on the coutryside i don't swin strapless, i swim topless:)

+Quote Post
Stacy Wayne Gacy
post Jul 11 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #3927

Learn to love your little boobs! The only time I regret mine is when I've been drinking too much beer and I gain a hip size (suddenly everything goes bam! out of proportion). It's a myth that all menfolks (or womenfolks, I'm guessin) like big boobs. If reading "Savage Love" has taught me anything, it's that there's at least someone out there who likes-- nay, obsesses-- over what we regard as our flaws.

From the Dept. of Practical Solutions: twist-front tops make great camouflage. Handy when bathing suit season arrives.

--------------------
I wasn't born no yesterday

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jul 11 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #3928

Hardcore BUSTie

I like going strapless, but it's all about the right fit. It seems easier to keep strapless stuff up without big boobs, I never have to pull at anything or readjust constantly.

lux, do what is right for you sweetie. But carefully consider your options. Women with tiny boobs are still smoking hot, keep that in mind.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
lux
post Jul 10 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #3929

BUSTie

i'm not sure who can wear a strapless dresses. i guess you have to be super-proportioned to pul them of. i can't imagine wearing them, because i have this ridicilous fear of the dress/top falling of:) i'm sure they don't do that.

i was going to write about surgery. i'm not a huge fan of cosmetic surgery, but last year i started thinking if it would be a good idea to get implants. i thought that then my body would look better and i'd feel sexier. this was a bit odd for me, since most of my life i've been pretty happy not having big breasts. but thanks to my now ex-girlfriend, i started to feel like i'm not good enough because i don't look womanly enough. i'm not sure if i'd ever really go through with it, though a b-cup would be nice. i'm just not comfortable with the surgery part it self and the possible infections that you might get on the scars. i don't think there anything "wrong" with cosmetic surgery, i just think it's usually an unnecessary health risk.

more about my quest for bigger boobs:) i resently stared on hormonal bc, and i was looking forward to the side effects part. but no, my breasts are the same and everything else is the same, appart from pms. all in all i think it's better not to get side effects, but i was still kind of hoping.

i guess i should focus on positive reinforcement. and reading this thread, it seems like there's plenty of people out there who think that small busted busties are hot:)

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Jul 9 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #3930

Hardcore BUSTie

i love milla too! everything about her is so striking.

ahh, i'm so glad i don't have to go through the horror or prom dress shopping anymore. my senior year in high school i bought this gorgeous, pink silk cowl neck dress with spaghetti straps. cowl necks can work for any shape up top, but only if they are structured properly. mine came with a string with a weight on it hidden in the middle to keep from flashing people constantly. unfortunately for me, the weight fell of the string during some heavy dancing and i was all over the place for the rest of the night! the icing on the cake, in my formal, professional prom pictures, the dress is dipped down so low on one side that my entire left breast is exposed. you'd think that creepy ass photographer guy could have said something! or at least he would have refused to print them. talk about mortification. i mean, my breasts hardly move at all and they are falling out of my goddamn dress? give me a break!

i hate that so many people assume that padding is the 'answer' to our 'problem.' and yes, a seamstress should know better, that's their damn job, to make things look good. the last wedding i was in had cute, coffee colored strapless dresses from j-crew. i was nervous at first, because i thought i wouldn't be able to hold the damn thing up. luckily it had adjustable elastic around the top. i felt terrible for one of the other bridesmaids however, since she had the exact opposite fear. she had DDD's and they were spilling out over the top and the sides. we were able to contain them in the end with duct tape, but she was totally uncomfortable. that's the trouble with picking one dress for all of you friends that look nothing alike. i think i'm going to pick a fabric and a color and say, pick a pattern that you like and that you will look good in.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jul 9 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #3931

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(knorl05 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:11 AM) *
i figured the lady could take in the seams around the bust so that it fit me better. well she couldnt. instead she attempted to stuff the dress with two "shoulder pads" per breast. i dunt think she knew what to think of me or what to do with me.

OMG, When I got fitted for my bridesmaid's dress for my brother's wedding, the same thing happened--"Let's just stuff it with pads!" These people are supposed to be seamstresses, you'd think they knew how to deal with all types of bodies. Unfortunately I had to grin and bear it; I could not alter it myself, and I had to keep the dress to match everyone else. Grrr.

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jul 9 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #3932

Hardcore BUSTie

karategrrl: sad.gif sorry to hear about your experience with the bra catalog gig thingy. i can relate. when i was 17 shopping for my prom dress i found the most perfect dress ever. it was a floor length form fitting halter top dress in turquoise sequins (yeah maybe a bit over the top, but i fell in love with it when i saw it).. anyway. i bought it and then went back for alterations. i figured the lady could take in the seams around the bust so that it fit me better. well she couldnt. instead she attempted to stuff the dress with two "shoulder pads" per breast. i dunt think she knew what to think of me or what to do with me. needless to say i returned the dress. but i remember feeling like a freak reject over the whole experience. boo.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jul 8 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #3933

Hardcore BUSTie

Songbird, I forgot to mention--as far as actresses go, I have grown to just luuuv Milla Jovovich. She has very small boobs and has appeared nude, topless, or nearly so in many of her films/pictures, etc. She always seems so confident, and there is never any mention of, "Well, she's got small breasts, but she's kinda sexy anyway..." It's actually a non-issue. Really refreshing!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jul 8 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #3934

Hardcore BUSTie

PS:

I should mention that in my shopping spree I actually DID find a bikini from none other than Victoria's Secret that fits well and looks good! Shocking, I know! The top is padded just a tad--just enough to give me a little shape but not so much it looks like I'm trying too hard.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jul 8 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #3935

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dj-bizmonkey @ Jul 5 2007, 08:51 PM) *
you're very lucky to have cleavage though. the skin on my chest will fold over before i can get my breasts to touch. they just aren't destined to do that.

I hear ya!! biggrin.gif

Aw shucks, DJ, I heart you too! And thanks for telling me about your experience with the pill. I am one of the lucky few on it who seems to have had no side effects whatsoever. I still wish I'd have gotten B-cups, though...

I have to thank all you fine ladies for being here!!! I admit, the last week or so I did some clothing shopping and it was quite discouraging, as usual--it is annoying as hell to see something that you like, try it on, and see that it makes your chest look practically concave! Grrr! At times like that, I feel like, "Fuck it! I am SO sick of having to deal with this! I'll just cave in and get implants!" But then I do try and remind myself that there are plenty of women out there who--like one of you said--have the huge boobs worthy of reduction to worry about. Given my choice of poison, I'd choose small ones over too-large ones.

Songbird, I can relate about boob jobs in the acting industry. I did some modeling, and I therefore understand the pressures of the industry. I remember one audition for a bra catalog. All the women had to try on a couple of bras from a heap on a table, and then kind of stand there and let the hiring people see how you looked in the bras. It was all female and done very tastefully, but--of course--there was not one bra in the entire pile whose cups did not stand out from my chest in little sad wrinkles. It was embarrassing. I think the hiring women just didn't know what to make of me, like they'd never seen that before! (No, I was not hired...)

I'm very glad you liked the article about the actress. Thanks for letting me know. Sometimes I post stuff and wonder if anyone but me is really getting anything out of it.

I love you guys! Really, you are my anchor in self-image hell!

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Jul 5 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #3936

Hardcore BUSTie

it's good you've got a supportive man in your life, em! you're very lucky to have cleavage though. the skin on my chest will fold over before i can get my breasts to touch. they just aren't destined to do that. they do look hot in a skin tight, mildy see-through white tube top. oh baby.

--------------------

+Quote Post
.em.
post Jul 3 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #3937

BUSTie

QUOTE(brutalbunny @ May 3 2006, 12:40 AM) *
I don't know if this is related to this forum, but I noticed that the [training] bras in the little girls (children's clothing!) section of my local Mervyns are padded. Yeah, padded. <BR>There are several things seriously wrong with this.

padded training bras? that's so weird!

Though I wear the smallest size of bra (A), it doesn't bother me at all. I'm happy with my size, and am comfortable with it. And just because my bra is small doesn't mean my chest looks that way. (i still have cleavage-lol)
And my boy is soo nice~he really likes them, says they don't look small at all. ^.^

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jul 1 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #3938

Hardcore BUSTie

ps. i do concur. a c cup is definitely NOT small... maybe compared to a double z or something but not in the real world

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Jul 1 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #3939

Hardcore BUSTie

(((djbiz))): thanks for that link it really is great.. and the love is sent right back to you. smile.gif

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Jun 30 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #3940

Hardcore BUSTie

hey there songbird, welcome to bust! i got introduced to this fabulous community through this thread, which has helped me soooo very much with my own body issues (thanks ladies!) i went through the same debate in mind, just like knorl and probably countless others who are shaped the way we are. my career has about zero do to with appearance (seriously, you should check out frans de waal's latest hairdo, i mean, if anyone even knows who that is) but it's still something that i considered. acting is fraught with such constant rejection- casting agents know exactly what they are looking for and if you vary even by a 10th of degree you will probably not get the part. it's a harsh world, but it has always been my perception you can get away with being avante garde (sp?) alot more in the live theater world than on the screen. that being said, knorl is right, indie films (and theaters i might add) aren't into the cookie cutter look and provide a space for people of all different types. it sounds like you are in a good place now, and even if you have any more concerns or questions, don't hesitate to post again. i've mentioned this website about a gagillion times in here, but i can't push it enough. www.007b.com. instead of checking out before and after photos from plastic surgeons, you should check out their natural breast gallery, featuring breasts from all walks of life and all shapes and sizes. it helped me feel more comfortable and confident.

and for the record, and think we can all agree that a c cup is definetly not small. too me, a b cup isn't even small (though not everyone will agree with me there) but that's coming from a 34aa.

oh and by the way, lux, karategrrl, knorl, i heart you guys wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 195 196 197 198 199 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 23, 2014 - 04:17 AM