Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
horror_movie
post May 20 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #741

BUSTie

It is May 20 and the last post was 13. It seem like nobody don't want to talk about their bv anymore.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post May 13 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #742

BUSTie

QUOTE(nicolemr @ May 6 2009, 10:13 AM) *
HorrorMovie!
I went through a period of weird irregular bleeding. My periods would last a month. I had one gyno test me for cancer and did all the tests!!! They came back negative and he wanted to do a DNC and I said no!!! I went to another doctor who tested me for bv and he said that bv can cause bleeding. I was treated for the bv and put on the nuvaring for about 6 months and after that I stopped the nuvaring bc it made me a little crazy. But I think it reset my system bc for the first time I have only 7 day periods that come about the same time every month.I hope this helps some. I hope you find a dr that listens. I understand how frustrating that can be.

The bleeding stop it went back to 7 days. When I do get my period I smell fresh(bad way) it so much stronger.
When I don't have my period the smell is back to musty. All I can do is pray and hope that I will be normal again.

+Quote Post
yme
post May 8 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #743

BUSTie

QUOTE(Fun_Phun_Funn @ Apr 18 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Hi, Brand Newbie, just learning how to use this and all.

Anyway, CURRENT INFECTION. Just finished Flagyl. YUUUUCCCK.

Real quick about me, problems dating back to pubert, just turned 37. Constant musky, super vaginal smell, like vag perfume going on. The last 10 years especially have been hell on earth. Its to the point I'm avoiding jobs, and have been sexually harassed on jobs.

My current situation is that I'm homeless, have been staying in a temporary facility full of men and degenrates. I am using a computer at the library now. I thought I heard the clerks talking about "that smell".

I have been lurking for a while, and I tried the peroxide douches. I must have done something wrong cause the super-vaginal smell turned to hot tuna and garbage. I HAD to take flagyl but I stunk to high hell, and still detect some fishy, although I just finished my last dose last night.

Now for those who are doing the peroxide with the oral syringe, is this the right way? I used a douche bag that I had, a travel sized one you buy at the drug store and holds up to 16 oz of fluid. First I did half peroxide, half water. When I smelled more fishy, I did 2/3 peroxide, 1/3 water. It didn't work, it made things worse!

Now at this point, I bout rephresh brand probiotics. They have the same strains as FemD, but don't really need refrigeration. I had to go that route, cause I don't have my own refrigerator right now. (for those wondering, I've been doing temporary jobs for money).

Anyway, I can't begin to explain how my vagina has ruined my life, my reputation, self esteem, etc. Especially now. Life would have went well for me in this facility if my vagina wasn't so offensive or noticeable. And now I'm going to another facility for a while, and I want and NEED to fight to get healthy down there. I do have vitamin c, folic acid, Culturelles, and now the rephresh probiotics. I can't afford the feminine washes that I know would agree with me and dove doesn't work to kill bacteria on the skin for me (for labia freshness).

So HEEELLLLLLLP. Please respond with suggestions, but most of all support. I can't have conversations like this with the average person because the average person thinks vaginas are disgusting, dirty, and hilarious (and what a shame....). But I'm tired of living under a cloud of shame. My professional life, financial recovery, and personal recovery depend on getting things tamed and straight down there.

Please help.

I am so sorry to hear you are having some trials in your life. You sound a lot like me. I have let BV ruin my life in many ways and I can't stand it anymore. Please dont give up. My advice is to avoid stress as much as you can. You have to be your own mental therapy right now, so comfort yourself. I am trying my best to live with BV until I can get rid of it. I walk around saying to myself "If they smell me, too bad" Its not like I want them to be turned off by my smell, its not like I dont take baths, or I haven't been to several doctors to fix the problem. See people dont know your story so quite naturally they want understand so let them think what they want, you cant control them anyway but you can control the way you feel. I pray that you make it ok and bless you and everyone else.

+Quote Post
nicolemr
post May 6 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #744

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Mar 20 2009, 12:15 AM) *
I'm so sorry to hear what happen to your grandma. I hope your family sue the hospital an that doctor.
It's upsetting how doctor don't take the time to listen to their patients instead of thinking they don't know their bodies. I've been telling my doctor severely times about my hot flashes and they brush it off like I'm lyingand do another blood test. when i talk about my bv they give higher dose of flagyl which never work for me. I'm going to a different obgyn this appointment and i'm going get a full body examination hemorrhoids, bv, hotflashes,and the bleeding. GOOD LUCK TO ME!!!!

HorrorMovie!
I went through a period of weird irregular bleeding. My periods would last a month. I had one gyno test me for cancer and did all the tests!!! They came back negative and he wanted to do a DNC and I said no!!! I went to another doctor who tested me for bv and he said that bv can cause bleeding. I was treated for the bv and put on the nuvaring for about 6 months and after that I stopped the nuvaring bc it made me a little crazy. But I think it reset my system bc for the first time I have only 7 day periods that come about the same time every month.I hope this helps some. I hope you find a dr that listens. I understand how frustrating that can be.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Apr 28 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #745

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Apr 20 2009, 06:24 PM) *
did anyone else notice This ad at the top of the site?? If this stuff is legit, it could offer hope to some of us who suffer both bv/yeast recurrently. HMMMM..... any thoughts?

It looks ok but hey you can't judge a book by its cover and on the page it does say money back if you get no relief.
The problem is we been so deceive by other products that discourage us. Im not telling anyone to buy the product. I totally understand money do not grow on trees. I wonder do any celebrities went through this probably not their money is the key to cure.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Apr 28 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #746

BUSTie

did anyone else notice This ad at the top of the site?? If this stuff is legit, it could offer hope to some of us who suffer both bv/yeast recurrently. HMMMM..... any thoughts?

It looks ok but hey you can't judge a book by its cover and on the page it does say money back if you get no relief.
The problem is we been so deceive by other products that discourage us. Im not telling anyone to buy the product. I totally understand money do not grow on trees. I wonder do any celebrities went through this probably not their money is the key to cure.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Apr 22 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #747

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Apr 21 2009, 11:03 PM) *
At the moment no, but I've dealt with this and yeast for so long I'm paranoid. LOL Especially now since i'm on antibiotics. It's a vicious cycle for me. I just thought that was interesting and wanted to get other's thoughts on it. Especially since we've tried EVERYTHING else under the sun.

The best thing you can do when your dealing with a reoccurring infection is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Do you have an idea of what could be triggering your infections? I'm assuming you've been on antibiotics off and on for a long time, and this could have possibly depleted your T-cells, which help your body fight infection. I'd suggest you see an Immunologist just to be sure there isn't anything wrong with your immune function, or have you tried this already? tongue.gif I don't really have much of an idea of what you have tried.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Apr 21 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #748

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Apr 21 2009, 06:02 AM) *
To me, it looks like one of those scams that probably won't work. You still have your bacterial-v infection?

At the moment no, but I've dealt with this and yeast for so long I'm paranoid. LOL Especially now since i'm on antibiotics. It's a vicious cycle for me. I just thought that was interesting and wanted to get other's thoughts on it. Especially since we've tried EVERYTHING else under the sun.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Apr 21 2009, 05:02 AM
Post #749

To me, it looks like one of those scams that probably won't work. You still have your bacterial-v infection?

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Apr 20 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #750

Hardcore BUSTie

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Apr 20 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #751

QUOTE(Fun_Phun_Funn @ Apr 18 2009, 10:41 AM) *

Real quick about me, problems dating back to pubert, just turned 37. Constant musky, super vaginal smell, like vag perfume going on. The last 10 years especially have been hell on earth. Its to the point I'm avoiding jobs, and have been sexually harassed on jobs.

My current situation is that I'm homeless, have been staying in a temporary facility full of men and degenrates. I am using a computer at the library now. I thought I heard the clerks talking about "that smell".

I have been lurking for a while, and I tried the peroxide douches. I must have done something wrong cause the super-vaginal smell turned to hot tuna and garbage. I HAD to take flagyl but I stunk to high hell, and still detect some fishy, although I just finished my last dose last night.

Now for those who are doing the peroxide with the oral syringe, is this the right way? I used a douche bag that I had, a travel sized one you buy at the drug store and holds up to 16 oz of fluid. First I did half peroxide, half water. When I smelled more fishy, I did 2/3 peroxide, 1/3 water. It didn't work, it made things worse!

Now at this point, I bout rephresh brand probiotics. They have the same strains as FemD, but don't really need refrigeration. I had to go that route, cause I don't have my own refrigerator right now. (for those wondering, I've been doing temporary jobs for money).

Anyway, I can't begin to explain how my vagina has ruined my life, my reputation, self esteem, etc. Especially now. Life would have went well for me in this facility if my vagina wasn't so offensive or noticeable. And now I'm going to another facility for a while, and I want and NEED to fight to get healthy down there. I do have vitamin c, folic acid, Culturelles, and now the rephresh probiotics. I can't afford the feminine washes that I know would agree with me and dove doesn't work to kill bacteria on the skin for me (for labia freshness).

So HEEELLLLLLLP. Please respond with suggestions, but most of all support. I can't have conversations like this with the average person because the average person thinks vaginas are disgusting, dirty, and hilarious (and what a shame....). But I'm tired of living under a cloud of shame. My professional life, financial recovery, and personal recovery depend on getting things tamed and straight down there.

Please help.

Hello "Fun,"

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You can count on me for support, because I'm definitely here to help you in the best way that I can. "Fun," it's really important to realize that you shouldn't let this infection control you to the point where your not happy with yourself, and your life. If you continue this way, it can further damage your self esteem, and self confidence, to the point where you could possibly develop a mild form of depression, which can be dangerous.

You mentioned that you douched to treat your infection. This was a bad idea. In your case, it instantly made your symptoms worse, and this might have thrown off your vaginal flora. I think I've said this before, but douching is one of the worst things you can do to attempt to treat an active vaginal infection of any sort. More often than not, douching will cover up your symptoms, which is why when you douche, you think the infection has cleared up, but in reality, it never did in the first place. I'm not sure if you knew already, but hydrogen peroxide is used for cleaning cuts and scrapes. Not only that, but according to the National Institute of Health, it is also a poison. A solution as corrosive as hydrogen peroxide shouldn't be going into the vaginal in the first place. Click here to read more information on this. I'm assuming you don't have much money, so you should be very careful about what your using to treat yourself, because it may be a waste of time and money. And using the wrong thing could escalate your infection to something so much more, which could require medical insurance, and lots of money to treat.

It's great that your taking the Rephresh probiotic. Your taking a step in the right direction. Rephresh will most definitely help you if you continue taking it on a daily basis. Culterelle is more or less a preventative, it's probably not going to do much for you. There isn't any clinical research that approves it for maintaining vaginal health. Folic acid is rumored by many women to treat bacterial vaginosis when it's taken with a lactobacillius acidophilus supplement. I've done my research, such as reading books, surfing through medical articles online, and asking medical professionals. Low and behold, there is nothing that states folic acid does anything for the vulvovaginal tract. This is probably due to the lack of research on folic acid, but I know for sure that an over the counter lactobacillius acidophilus supplement's live and active cultures don't normally colonize the vulvovaginal tract. Vitamin C is great for the immune system, but it's water soluble, so taking any excess of Vitamin C will be flushed out into your urinary tract. Your body will absorb what it needs, and flush out the rest, the same way you drink a cup of water and your body flushes out what it doesn't need. Then there is this whole debate about whether supplements are getting absorbed properly and other jazz, that's a whole other story. Any respectable nutritionist will tell you there is no need to take a vitamin supplement if your getting proper nutrition. It's better to get nutrients from whole foods because it will be absorbed properly.

I personally believe it isn't necessary to use feminine washes and wipes. They just leave an invisible residue near that vulva which can further irritate it. Some products can further aggravate an infection because it reacts to the pH of the vagina. You don't need to use any soap to clean, or "wash" the vulva. Just plain old water and a little rubbing will get the job done. This technique is so safe, it can be done as often as necessary. Water is pure and pH balanced, so it will not react to the high vaginal pH. There are some products that I could personally recommend that you try, but, your better off just not using any for the reasons that I stated. It's cheaper, and better for you. As the saying goes, "less is more," is absolutely right when it comes to the vagina. It's self cleaning and self sustaining, which is why you get regular vaginal secretions (discharge.) The vagina is actually cleaner than the mouth. Don't be fooled when you experience a vaginal odor and assume it's because your dirty, it's just because of an imbalance of bacteria.

Since your using your local libraries computer, I will recommend you some beneficial reading materials. These are great reads. Although they may not be available, you can still check. I recommend that you read:
  • The V Book by Elizabeth Gunther Stewart
  • Probiotics Revolution: The Definitive Guide to Safe, Natural Health Solutions Using Probiotic and Prebiotic Foods and Supplements by Gary B. Huffnagle and Sarah Wernick
  • (Textbook) Women's Gynecologic Health by Kerri D. Schuiling and Frances E. Likis

You should attempt to read any books pertaining to gynecology and vaginal health.

This is personal advice coming from me, to you.

From,
Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
Fun_Phun_Funn
post Apr 18 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #752

Please help.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Apr 11 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #753

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 10 2009, 06:38 PM) *
yeah i didn't do it. i've just been taking the kreosotum, washing with the calendula, taking primadophilus reuteri and folic acid. i really think this is working. each day it's a little better. i'm going to keep up with this and see what happens. i douched with peroxide once a few days ago because i got depressed and desperate again... i just wanted to not have to worry when i was with my boyfriend. it's still a lot less than i was last month though because i was douching with peroxide every night. i've only done that once since my last period ended (only a week ago... but still better)

anyway... i'll keep updating on my progress. thanks for your suggestions smile.gif

Your welcome biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 10 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #754

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Apr 10 2009, 03:50 PM) *
Yeah, you shouldn't use it if it's a tincture solution. The alcohol could really hurt you if you douche with it, or put it into a suppository. The vaginal walls are very delicate, so putting something as drying as alcohol onto it would literally hurt.

yeah i didn't do it. i've just been taking the kreosotum, washing with the calendula, taking primadophilus reuteri and folic acid. i really think this is working. each day it's a little better. i'm going to keep up with this and see what happens. i douched with peroxide once a few days ago because i got depressed and desperate again... i just wanted to not have to worry when i was with my boyfriend. it's still a lot less than i was last month though because i was douching with peroxide every night. i've only done that once since my last period ended (only a week ago... but still better)

anyway... i'll keep updating on my progress. thanks for your suggestions smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Apr 10 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #755

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 9 2009, 06:20 PM) *
no echinacea and goldenseal never did anything for me. and i've taken it a lot. mostly for colds.

i didn't do the calendula suppository last night because what i have is called a tincture. which is herbs soaked in alcohol and then the liquid is put in a container. so i got worried that alcohol is bad for going in there... what do you think? my smell isn't really bad anymore at all. it's just discharge now and i hate that feeling i want to be dry sad.gif

Yeah, you shouldn't use it if it's a tincture solution. The alcohol could really hurt you if you douche with it, or put it into a suppository. The vaginal walls are very delicate, so putting something as drying as alcohol onto it would literally hurt.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Apr 10 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #756

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 9 2009, 06:20 PM) *
no echinacea and goldenseal never did anything for me. and i've taken it a lot. mostly for colds.

i didn't do the calendula suppository last night because what i have is called a tincture. which is herbs soaked in alcohol and then the liquid is put in a container. so i got worried that alcohol is bad for going in there... what do you think? my smell isn't really bad anymore at all. it's just discharge now and i hate that feeling i want to be dry sad.gif

My advice personally stick to doing what you doing!! Just don't over do it as you say the smell is light and that a good thing but you don't want to use something else that can probably trigger a bad smell. If the smell is not bothering you no more than wait it out see if your vagina will self treat itself so the discharge will stop then trying to get something else to stick up there to be dry. I use to think Lori was CRAZY AND MEAN when she said she been doing anything to keep the bv away but
- normal hygiene stuff
- try to exercise and eat healthy (the operative word is "try")
- stick something in it or on it once a month when it bleeds
She's freaking RIGHT!!! It took me awhile to realize it. I already spend $400 worth of products that never work for me.
WE CAN'T FORGET WERE TRYING TO GET OUR VAGINA BACK TO NORMAL AND WHEN I MEAN BACK TO NORMAL HAVE SEX WITH YOUR HUBBY/BOYFRIEND,TAKE BUBBLE BATH, GO OUT IN PUBLIC AND WEAR OUR SEXY CLOTHES WITHOUT HAVING TO DO NOTHING BEFORE OR AFTERWARD.
REMEMBER WE CAN'T BE STICKING A MILLION AND ONE THING IN OUR VAGINA IT COULD BE THE REASON WHY IT IS STILL THERE BCUZ WERE NOT GIVING OUR VAGINA A CHANCE TO COME BACK TO NORMAL. IF YOU FOUND A PRODUCT THAT WORK FOR YOU TO STOP THE SMELL THAT'S GREAT BUT JUST DON'T OVER DO IT !!!!!!

Mcf10 was a great help also on this board she introduce us to a good product which is the ONLY thing i use the boric acid which knock out my smell. Now that the smell calm down it now my turn to do what i can to stay healthy by exercising and eating more healthy (i always fail on that one but I'm going do my best) less sex (damn that hurt but i gotta do what right for me) LESS STRESS. I keep everyone updated on my journey of getting rid of bv.

SORRY PLZ DON'T THINK I'M CRAZY OR A BIG MEANY IT'S TRUE!!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 9 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #757

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Apr 9 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Did you notice any changes when you took the echinacea with the goldenseal? I remember, prior to my infection clearing up, I took a capsuled goldenseal supplement every morning before breakfast, and I could've sworn the odor and discharge was dissipating. I'm not sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me. I was also taking it with a probiotic at the time, but it was a regular acidophilus supplement, so I don't think that could've made that much of a difference. After it ran out, I didn't buy more. By then, I was already taking a prescribed medication that later cleared up my infection.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Apr 9 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #758

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 8 2009, 06:29 PM) *
oh, and i've taken golden seal a bunch of times. i take echinacea(sp?) with golden seal in it. i've always preferred treating anything with herbal remedies rather than antibiotics.

Did you notice any changes when you took the echinacea with the goldenseal? I remember, prior to my infection clearing up, I took a capsuled goldenseal supplement every morning before breakfast, and I could've sworn the odor and discharge was dissipating. I'm not sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me. I was also taking it with a probiotic at the time, but it was a regular acidophilus supplement, so I don't think that could've made that much of a difference. After it ran out, I didn't buy more. By then, I was already taking a prescribed medication that later cleared up my infection.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 8 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #759

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Apr 8 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Have you tried an herb called golden seal root? I remember how my mother used to say how it was good for the immune system and a variety of other ailments. She grows it in her garden, so she can take it everyday. Her mother was Mojave Indian and a firm believer in natural medicine. I used to believe natural medicine was hocus pocus, until I did a little research, and found out there are some herbs that do have medicinal properties.

I hope your aware of the risk factors that come with douching. I know how stressful it is to have to deal with a vaginal odor. But even as desperate as I was, I never douched. Sometimes I think, if I had douched, the infection would've came back mellow.gif. I've noticed a lot of the women that have tried douching get reoccurring infections. Maybe you can try calendula suppositories, it's less damaging to the body.

oh, and i've taken golden seal a bunch of times. i take echinacea(sp?) with golden seal in it. i've always preferred treating anything with herbal remedies rather than antibiotics.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 8 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #760

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Apr 8 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Have you tried an herb called golden seal root? I remember how my mother used to say how it was good for the immune system and a variety of other ailments. She grows it in her garden, so she can take it everyday. Her mother was Mojave Indian and a firm believer in natural medicine. I used to believe natural medicine was hocus pocus, until I did a little research, and found out there are some herbs that do have medicinal properties.

I hope your aware of the risk factors that come with douching. I know how stressful it is to have to deal with a vaginal odor. But even as desperate as I was, I never douched. Sometimes I think, if I had douched, the infection would've came back mellow.gif. I've noticed a lot of the women that have tried douching get reoccurring infections. Maybe you can try calendula suppositories, it's less damaging to the body.

well my bv was recurring before i ever douched with anything and i got desperate. maybe i will try suppositories. i have gelatin capsules so i can make them myself. i'll try one tonight.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 27, 2014 - 11:05 PM