271 Pages V  « < 248 249 250 251 252 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
alwaysonmymind
post Aug 5 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #4981

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 4 2006, 02:00 PM) *

Well, It's been a while since i've been here.Still trying to get over things.Everything is fine so far.The doctor put me on long doses of flagel and it tastes so gross.Thank you all for your support and I'm doing ok.I just need time to heal. sad.gif

Are you o.k. What happened?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 4 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #4982

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, It's been a while since i've been here.Still trying to get over things.Everything is fine so far.The doctor put me on long doses of flagel and it tastes so gross.Thank you all for your support and I'm doing ok.I just need time to heal. sad.gif

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 31 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #4983

right-o then jewels, i'll even buy her the supplies to get her started. i think she's all but given up hope. let you know what she says.

i wonder why mine just went away? the doc said it doesn't usually clear up on it's own, so wtf? not that i'm complaining, At ALL! but still.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 31 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #4984

Hardcore BUSTie

I use one 00 gelcap at night. In the beginning I used it everynight for about a week. Now, I only use it approx. twice a week, and ALWAYS after sex. I was in California this past weekend so I didn't use it 1 time after sex, and the smell was still gone.

If you do a research on it, I think it tells you to use it for a specific amount of time, I just don't want to speak out of line. So click the Search button, and do some research. That will help alot!! Tell your friend I said, she will be amazed at how well it works!!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 31 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #4985

ok, please someone post the amounts you're using, frequency, etc. it's totally sex related for my girlfriend too and she's willing to try the boric acid (or anything) at this point. i just don't know what to tell her about how much and how often to use it.

thanks girlies!

+Quote Post
dolores
post Jul 31 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #4986

BUSTie

Hi ladies...

I had some difficulty getting my handle to work with the new format, but now I'm back. Things have been ok and odor free since my successful self-treatment with the boric acid until...

(key dramatic scary music)

I met a new boy. Ain't that always the way??? Dang it. It seems I only get two choices: either I can be celibate and odorless (with no one to appreciate it) or I can be dating and stinky. SIGH!!! Waaaah! LOL.
So we met three months ago and started having sex a few weeks ago. He is wonderful, sensitive, funny, thoughtful and caring. The sex is fantastic. He is an oral magician -- better than anything I've ever experienced, and hey, I will be 30 in September so I've tried my share.

But alas, he is uncircumcised. Which shouldn't matter one bit, since we are very diligent about using condoms. But somehow, some way, maybe from the excessive oral festivities, the damn BV is back. With a vengeance. He doesn't seem to notice it, and I don't want to treat it with more boric acid while we are having oral sex on a regular basis, so I am resigned to waiting. And waiting. In not-unlike Jewelscando fasion, some days the smell is completely gone for no reason, other days (especially during the last 3 days of my period) it is horrifically strong.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share the news that at least for me, this BV sh*t is definitely sex related. I am going to try treating it with boric acid during my next period when we are not having sex anyway, so that he won't miss out. Although I have tried that before and it doesn't seem to "take" as well, maybe b/c things are already hormonally in flux down there during that time.

I am SO GLAD though to hear that the boric acid is working so well for all of you with next to no irritation and a reminder to the newbies -- don't eat the stuff!! It's a suppository, not a supplement. Sure is great that something so cheap and so accessible works for so many folks, and the great thing is it doubles as a yeast infection treatment should we ever need it, though since the BV set in 2 years ago, I never seem to get those anymore, even while using yucky old metronidazole... ugh.

Stay healthy and keep taking your probiotics everyone!!! Gotta repopulate those good bacteria too!

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Jul 31 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #4987

Lip Balm Aficionado

Bump for Dolores

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 31 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #4988

Hardcore BUSTie

Also had sex 3 times this weekend...go me. :-P The watery discharge is normal...I'm not sure why it comes back out like that but it's okay with me as long as there is no smell!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 31 2006, 01:53 AM
Post #4989

Hardcore BUSTie

Still doing wonderfull here on the boric acid. Had sex 3 times again this weekend, and no smell. I didn't use it after one time of having sex, and STILL NO SMELL. But to be on the safe side, I did use it again tonight.

I love Boric Acid and I will remain on it forever if I have too. It really does work, and it works instantly.

+Quote Post
klee
post Jul 29 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #4990

BUSTie

I think the watery discharge is just how boric acid works w/the high levels of mucous in that area of the body. Boric acid is also often used to treat pink eye and the eyes contain a lot of mucous too. I don't think it means it's all cleared up though. It seems like most articles I've read say to use it for about 3 -5 days if you have bv or a yi.

I've used the suppositories during the day since the capsule seems to kinda stick a bit and that works out well for me. I remove the top and insert carefully, to prevent spilling the powder, so that it disintergrates faster. All the discharge is gone by the evening and I've had sex that same night.

Flagyll also worked really well in clearing up a case of bv. I thought it might be better to clear things up on the inside...intestinally. The problem is that it just comes right back after having sex and then getting my period, just like every other treatment. So frustrating. I'm going to see if my body will go back to normal again since I won't be having sex for a while.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Jul 29 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #4991

BUSTie

Hey ladies,
Ofcourse Tetrasil didn't work for me. But I haven't had a chance to purchase the Boric acid. For now tho, I would like to know from th ladies who've used it, what is your progress? How long have you been using it and are you continuing to have success with it? sad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 28 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #4992

Hardcore BUSTie

The biggest thing I have with the Boric Acic is really watery discharge. Like, in the morning when I first stand up out of bed, it comes dripping out. Klee, Sassy, is that normal, and Klee does that mean the B.V. is cleared up, so I can lay off the boric??

Thank you!

+Quote Post
gypsyraven
post Jul 28 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #4993

Most pharmacies carry it, you just have to ask them. It is like $5 for the boric acid and I am not sure how much for the capsules.

+Quote Post
klee
post Jul 28 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #4994

BUSTie

I've had really good results with boric acid. The only difficult thing is finding it and the empty capsules. I just moved so now I'm really not sure where to find it...no walmarts around here. I've only gotten it with one guy in my life and we've broken up so hopefully I won't need it as often.

But, while we were dating, he never complained of burning and I never had any side effects except the watery discharge. The discharge was a good way for me to know that it was out of my system though and so after that happened, I felt comfortable having sex in all it's forms.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 27 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #4995

Hardcore BUSTie

qypsyraven: everyone is different. For the serious suffers, me, sassy and more, we get it all the time. It really never goes away. And if it does, it's temporary.

Boric Acid is still working!! I have NO smell what so ever. I only use the boric now every other day, and after sex. My boyfriend did the sniff test last night, and he had the biggest smile on his face. He himself cannot believe how well this is working. I asked him if he was burning at all, or if he was having any side effects from the boric and he said absolutley not. He did say, "No, I'm not burning, BUT THE SMELLS GONE!!" We had sex 3 times over the weekend, then again last night. I don't know why Boric Acid is working so well for me, but, like Sassy said, it gives me a moment of normality, and I'LL TAKE IT TOO!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
gypsyraven
post Jul 26 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #4996

You all have said this is recurring. How often does this rear its ugly head? And wouldn't you figure, I go to buy the boric acid and the smell seems to be gone. Guess I will be ready for the next time.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 26 2006, 04:37 AM
Post #4997

Hardcore BUSTie

I've had sex like a day after using boric acid and my boy reported no burning. The boric acid also does not irritate me and I've had oral sex, but I waited about 3 days just to make sure that there would be no boric acid left on my vagina. I don't want to use it forever, like jewels said, but right now it is making me feel somewhat normal. BV makes me really sad and anxious because it's always there in the back of my mind...this gives me some relief and I'm taking it. smile.gif

Squishy: I think we all understand how you feel. I do feel like most of my doctors don't really care if I get better. Some even say to "live with it." But really, how can they expect you to live with feeling dirty and gross everyday of your life? Because they don't care, is what I think. I'm glad you are feeling better. I've heard about the hydrogen peroxide but I have never tried it.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jul 26 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #4998

Hardcore BUSTie

Although I hate to say it, I have to come to the conclusion that I will have B.V. the rest of my life. Therefore, I am forced to find a cure for myself, unless I want to live on antibiotics. Boric has done the trick for me. And it did not burn my fiance's penis. I put one in about 5 hours before sex, because he had fallen asleep and I thought we weren't going to do anything. And, it was fine. He has not complained about any burning. He has been extremely excited that there has been no smell. I don't want to live on Boric Acid, but I will use it, if it will work. And for now, it's working, BETTER then ANYTHING I have tried in the past. And trust me, MY LIST OF THINGS I'VE TRIED IS LONGGGGGGGGGGGG!! As with EVERYTHING we have all tried on this board, it seems to be, what works for one, may not work for the other, and the side effects you may get, I may not get. Therefore, as we have all been saying on here for almost a year, DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU and your body. For me, and Sassy too, Boric is our answer. At least for today. And with B.V., it literally is 1 day at a time.

+Quote Post
squishy
post Jul 25 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #4999

i have never been diagnosed with BV, but i have all of the symtoms. i have had all of the tests done,
including a vulvar biopsy ( because i have little skin tags on the inside of my vuvla, the skin is red and
itches so bad that i want to rip the hair out of my head ) the biopsy came back inflammation, all other
tests came back NEGATIVE for yeast, bacteria and std. i have been to at least six gyno's, my family dr,
her nurse and two dermatologist ( not fun showing my cooch to a dermo ) the dermatologists prescribed hydrocortisone, but never gave me a diagnosis other than it "might be some sort of skin irritation". the
gyno's prescribed me Cleocin, Flagyl and Metrogel for BV and Diflucan for yeast, yes i was prescribed
all of those med's with no diagnosis besause i was told it "might" be yeast or bv. i took all of the med's,
went to dr after dr and stayed on the marry-go-round for about a year. one day it dawned on me that
the dr's where clueless and really did not care if i was well or not, it was up to me to heal myself . that
was four years ago. i have spent alot of time researching BV, it is my understanding that BV is a imbalance in the vaginal ph, we have both good and bad bacteria in our vagina's when the ph is off or to low, the bad bacteria take over. that is why when you have sex you get a "flair-up" because sperm changes
the vaginial ph (i have never thought that BV was a std ) or when you get your period the blood and changes in hormones cause ph levels to drop. that is why boric acid work's. it change's your vaginal ph,
make's it more acidic and the good bacteria take over. something else that is good for BV is hydrogen
peroxide, because the vagina naturally produces it. i have had chronic BV for five years, that is to say
i have it 24/7, not reacuring.i have tryed everything under the sun and sometimes nothing at all hoping
it would cure me. iam not cured,but it seam's astho my BV has changed over the years. the first year or two
the smell was like dead fish/ rotted garbage and the dishcharge was milky white. now the smell is like
ammonia/ funky and the discharge is very lite white. i read somewhere that an ammonia smell was a symptom of mild BV. so maybe i have made some progress !!! i started using boric acid about three years
ago , one every day. there are three things wrong whit boric acid, the first is you can not have oral
sex, because your partner will ingest it , the second is you can not have intercorse besause it burns your
partner's penis and third beacuse it causes irritation to the vuvla . so i have used it off and on over the years. i have read that a good way to get rid of BV is to do one boric acid in the morning and one at night for two week's i did this about six week's ago and it almost killed me, because i get such bad irritation
from it , so the good news is for about four days i smelt "normal" my old smell !!!!! the first time in five years!!! when i had used boric acid in the past there was no smell this was differant. i was thrilled and so was my husband. the bad news is that it came back. about five week's ago i satrted the hydorgen peroxide twice day along with my regular routine of 4000 mg's of vitamin c a day, Jarrow Femdophilus twice a day and 16 oz of plain yogurt a day. i feel like things are going well, the hydorgen peroxide seems to agree
with my system, more than the boric acid (tho i will not throw the boric acid away) the smell is there but
very faint, the discharge is lite. the only thing that remains is my itchy vuvla. anyway sorry post is so
long. hope some of the info helps.

+Quote Post
bonchicfeministe
post Jul 25 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #5000

BUSTie

Yeah Dr's can really suck. I've gone through so many misdiasnosis for chronic back issues, and also had the same issues with yeast infections. Glad the boric acid works, I'll be sure to keep that in mind and also recommend it to a friend. I was just interested in seeing how everyone got diagnosed.

Has anyone tried acupuncture for BV or anything else? I've been thinking about doing it for my back. Thought appreciated!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 248 249 250 251 252 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 07:37 PM