The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
dusty
post Jul 11 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #1941

Hardcore BUSTie

So, Mr. Dusty and I were hanging out by the side of the street drinking a pop and he (not normally catty at all) pointed out an outfit to me. I said, "Oh, yes, those are the ass-munching gauchos the CoFs hate that I was telling you about". I thought he was going to shoot grape Crush out of his nose.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittenbonanza
post Jul 7 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #1942

That SATC outfit would be perfectly fine if those pants were freaking normal. Those things were practically overalls, they were so high up.

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Jul 7 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #1943

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

Oh, man, I wasn't even out in public! Just going through my emails, when I see this subject line The best of gold and denim now on sale from Payless....

so wrong....

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Jul 7 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #1944

Hardcore BUSTie

this morning as i was walking to work, wow! she's wearing xtra short black cotton shorts, like the ones you'd hang out in at home, but they are almost like undies they are so short. then, a white cheesy tank top. STILETTO black heels. with cotton short-shorts. hair was slicked back into a big bun, HUGE hoop earrings. very weird.

if she had been wearing a skirt iwth it instead of the shorts, i might not have noticed. but it was like someone wearing running shorts with 4 inch spike heels.

of course the men are all gaga but damn, that was just wrong....

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 7 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #1945

Hardcore BUSTie

bklynhermit, thanks for the CT advice! they are new pants, and not worth the risk, you're right. if i lose weight, i can always order them again.

the only thing i ever admired on carrie was how well she carried off the dark roots.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Jul 7 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #1946

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

hee hee, lot49, her trousers are eating her torso! I hadn't seen that one!

It's not that that wallpaper coat looks horrible or anything, it's just that I expect it to smell of Avon's Youthdew and talk about Oklahoma's dustbowl days and the Great Depression....

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 6 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #1947

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

aw, I liked that look. In a "I like it, but only a madwoman like SJP would actually wear it" way. But as luci said, it's not for worldly guidance. Although SATC did teach me what teabagging was.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jul 6 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #1948

Hardcore BUSTie

Yup, that's it. And I kind of liked the wallpaper look too.

+Quote Post
lot49
post Jul 6 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #1949

Hardcore BUSTie

this is the look that has incurred hellotampon's wrath.

I actually kinda like the recycled wallpaper look in the link you accidentally posted before.

This is so much fun! I think I'm going to use my camera phone to take pics of all the fashion crimes I see and post them here.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jul 6 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #1950

Hardcore BUSTie

looking at that link, i think i know what the deal is with Carrie and her fashion crimes. in the beginning of the series (first couple seasons, which i had never seen), if that website can be trusted, she does kind of have a 'downtown' aesthetic, and nothing in any of those pictures is so terrible. but then about season 3 the gigantic bust flowers and weird striped pants and awful headscarves come along.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jul 6 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #1951

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh sixelacat, that wasn't the outfit I was referring to! I screwed up and posted the wrong link or something. The outfit I hated the most was the puffy shirt with those stupid black pinstripe pants that went up to the freaking BUST, that's how high the waistline was, and they had these weird straps that went over the shoulders like suspenders.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Jul 6 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #1952

Hardcore BUSTie

Mercy, I certainly opened up a big old can of worms with that one SATC comment! Or was it a big old closet of fashion crimes...?

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jul 6 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #1953

Hardcore BUSTie

chucks and jeans are always classy, mando.

seriously. as long as you're not wearing them with leggings or some other atrocity excusable only on a 19 year old, you're fine.

as to the camel toe, if it's a new pair of pants you're considering (or could potentially still return), i wouldn't chance it. you never know whether they'll go away or not. but i wouldn't throw out an old pair of pants that didn't used to give you camel toe for that offense alone (not that i'd wear them, i just wouldn't trash them yet). i think if you are realistically going to lose weight, keep em around for a while. you never know. i wouldn't have any expectations about it, though.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 6 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #1954

Hardcore BUSTie

sorry to be a thread hog, but i have an urgent question: if a pair of pants is on the tight side, and produces camel-toe, will the camel-toe go away if i lose a few pounds? i'm thinking no, right? once a camel-toe, always a camel-toe, yes?

ok. that was waaaay to many 'camel-toes' for one post. ew.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 6 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #1955

Hardcore BUSTie

mouse, i'm sorry if i sounded snotty. i was in fact trying to make light, and maybe show the view from the other side. although i do tend to knee-jerk bristle whenever someone mentions anything middle-aged, but that's because of my own insecurities, and i do try hard not to project. i wasn't being sarcastic when i said i was a pussy. i am forever questioning whether i'm "trying too hard" to look younger.

and by all means. bitch away. i know there's nothing sacred in here. hey, i made fun of a female astronaut. how un-pc is that?

thanks for the thumbs up on the chucks! i shall think of you whenever i do find the gumption to wear them in public ... while people snicker behind my back, lol!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jul 6 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #1956

Hardcore BUSTie

exactly, luci.

i have to say i never watched it when it was on, and i've only seen it now because edited down reruns come on one of the few channels i get right after seinfeld reruns at like 11pm. which happens to be the most likely time for me to be flipping through my 3 channels looking for something mindless to quell my boredom. and if PBS is having a fundraiser, SITC wins.

i do have to say that if not for my straight guy roommate who would totally make fun of me, i would get the DVDs from netflix. i think it's actually kind of hilarious, in a "Lauging At Them" sort of way.

i always liked Miranda and her fashion sense, but UGH that hair... i want to go behind her with clippers and trim out the mulletty bits from the back. WTF was with that choice?

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jul 6 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #1957

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Well, I certainly didn't watch it for worldly guidance. That's not what TV is for :-) It's funny. What's even funnier is watching people walk around town who are clearly thinking that it WAS relevant to their lives, and that SJP's character was someone to emulate. Yikes!

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Jul 6 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #1958

Hardcore BUSTie

seriously, i'll be wearing my chucks til i am too old to bend down and tie them.
at which point i may invest in the ones sans laces.

SITC is such drivel, fashion and content-wise. not relevant, at least with anyone i actually know.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 6 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #1959

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

mouse, confidence and fashion sense are important at any age. But age... sense becomes more important. You can dress young without people thinking "mutton dressed as lamb". Case in point when I went to my brother's school. One of the mothers was wearing a floaty, babydoll sundress, black leggings, flat ballet pumps, a little black tee and huuuuge black sunglasses. She might have been in fashion, but it didn't look quite right, even though she had the figure to pull it off. "Nother mother, in black polka-dot shirt and jeans - perfect, and fashionable. It's about what suits.

mando, you should wear 'em. With pride. Speedy is so right.

+Quote Post
speedy
post Jul 6 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #1960

Hardcore BUSTie

whoops! That should have been addressed to Mandolyn, and I meant chronometer. I'm standing by the Chanel, though!

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 04:59 AM