Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 184 185 186 187 188 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
arj75
post May 15 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #3701

Hardcore BUSTie

I hope he replies and does so in a timely manner. Let us know whatever you find out. I'm about to finish my period and I have the rephresh shit..which the directions said I should have used before I started my period..afraid to use anything else inside her at this point..I know I have damaged the tissue up there. I have to be very careful for a while.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 15 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #3702

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 15 2007, 07:28 PM) *
The more I read about Clidamycin, the more I know it is made by the devil. I wish I would have never used that. I read several articles confirming the same information..wipes out both good and bad bacteria.

I actually knew this before I took the Clindesse. But I figured "My doctor is so damn good, he couldn't possibly screw me over." Well, he did. I'll have to tell him what I know now. Its just a tragedy that its too late for me. I actually almost didn't take the Clindesse and almost requested a script for Flagyl but as I said, I trusted my doctor. I should have trusted my gut instinct. I emailed that Dr. Christian guy telling him how my doctor gave me the Clindesse as my first ever round of treatment and asked him if he could advise on where to go from here, since the Flagyl didn't work. I hope he responds.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 15 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #3703

Hardcore BUSTie

The more I read about Clidamycin, the more I know it is made by the devil. I wish I would have never used that. I read several articles confirming the same information..wipes out both good and bad bacteria.

Jewels, ... the herbal products that I listed earlier on here..have they already been tried by you all? Because I have been reading about bv for months(not at this site) and thats the first I found of those...

All I know is I'm am volunteering myself as a lab rat to the first bv research group I can find.

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post May 15 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #3704

BUSTie

I am going to see my gyno. tomorrow. Some of you have mentioned not having insurance and are unable to go to the doctor. If any of you have any questions about some of the things you are using that you would like me to ask her about, let me know. I will check back here before I go to bed tonight.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 15 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #3705

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't reply, most of the time, until I can't help it.

All of us were knew at one time. And if you are a true B.V. suffererer, you spend hours, trying to find a cure, solution, anything to help you with it. It would be in all new comers best interest to read the boards. Instead of taking the "Lazy" way out, and just keep asking the same thing.

Thanks to all of you who do that. Obviously, I have no problem answering a question, but only to people who I know have done some research. I can't give you the answer for your body!! Morphia taught us that!!! wink.gif So, it's a process of elimanation. Before all the new comers came on, we had went through a LIST OF ITEMS that we tried, until we found some stuff that worked FOR OUR BODIES. If you go back and read, maybe something that did not work for me, might work for you? Like Apple Cidar Vinegar. Or, Aloe Vera Juice. Or the Jamu Stick. There's tons of things that we have tried, and numerous things that have been discussed, that if you just take the time, you will read it. Being that we all update on a regular basis!!!

Mine right now is Flagyl vaginally. IS IT A CURE? HELL NO. But does it work without GIVING MY BODY ANY BAD SIDE EFFECTS, Hell yes. But it took me a year to find it. And Flagyl vaginally does not work for everyone!! So...as the old saying goes, SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND. But take it upon yourself to find the answers.

BY THE WAY, ENZARA DOES NOT WORK!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Several of us ladies on this board bought it, with the same results. NOTHING!!

Lori...I'm horrible with communicating my tone on the net. So, as you read this, understand that I am not mad, or angry, or trying to be a bitch. I know it comes across that way, but seriously, that's not how I'm thinking as I'm typing this.

We all need each other girls. For those of us who are serious about finding a solution...we need to be here for each other. Period the end....

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 15 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #3706

Hardcore BUSTie

Good afternoon everyone,

I found a doctor's list of herbal treatments for BV. I haven't heard of half of that crap, nor do I know how much or how often to use. It wasn't listed, so I know they aren't trying to sell it. lol. Geranium, althea, echinacea, hydrastis, usnea. I will look later tonight (elsewhere) and see if I can find the dosing and amounts that should be tried. It might help, might not. If anyone wants to read the article it was by Dr. David K. Shefrin. It had some suggestions for hormonal vaginosis too.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 15 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #3707

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SFgirl @ May 15 2007, 08:12 AM) *
As a side note, I came to this board to share my own experiences with BV and was looking for a safe, supportive environment. I'm not interested in being exposed to the "mud-slinging" that emerged in the last few posts. Lori, I think it would serve you well to explore how you are engaging with other members on this forum. Your last few posts have an aggressive tone and in certain cases, "minimize" other member's experiences with BV, such as mine.

Thanks for answering my question about the Bio-K, SFgirl. I hope you don't think that I was belittling anything you said. You have to admit that BV triggering IBS sounds pretty uncommon - so my comment was one of pure surprise, but not skepticism. And I appreciate that you shared it, because it may help others who might deal with the same symptoms.

I think this is one of those times I failed to accurately communicate my tone on the net.

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 15 2007, 07:35 AM) *
As for me. I know I'm a bitch, I'll admit it. And there's days that I just don't feel like answering the same questions over and over and over again, so I will say READ THE FRICKEN BOARD.

If you're tired of answering questions, it would probably better if you just ignored them. Right?

Sassy, I have read most of the thread, so I know there are spammers and hucksters to deal with. But I don't think we should abuse newbies without knowing who they are first. A lot of newbies are not spammers, but bona fide BV sufferers.

Anyway, I'm not looking to start a fight with anyone. I just thought there was bit of unwarranted rudeness towards newbies going on.

But it won't happen anymore, so I'm done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SFgirl
post May 15 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #3708

Hi Lori,
I'm not able to find the information you requested on the Bio-K web site. If you explore the site further, look into the Clinical Studies section. The link titled "Other Therapeutic Applications of Probiotics" addresses other uses. If you're interested in clinical studies on the effects of probiotics on vaginosis, Google "probiotics vaginosis."

As a side note, I came to this board to share my own experiences with BV and was looking for a safe, supportive environment. I'm not interested in being exposed to the "mud-slinging" that emerged in the last few posts. Lori, I think it would serve you well to explore how you are engaging with other members on this forum. Your last few posts have an aggressive tone and in certain cases, "minimize" other member's experiences with BV, such as mine.

I wish you all well,
SFgirl

Other Therapeutic Applications of Probiotics
http://www.biokplus.com/Contenu.aspx?nav_i...8&lang_id=A

Testimonial
http://www.biokplus.com/Testimonial.aspx?n...0&lang_id=A

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 15 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #3709

BUSTie

QUOTE(bvgirl @ May 15 2007, 06:17 AM) *
Thank you for responding so quickly.. I will bookmark the website. Thanks

Hi there, before you bookmark the horizon drugs website...I ordered from them in March and still have not received anything, so I ordered from another company and received them yesterday... so dont use horizon drugs mad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 15 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #3710

Hardcore BUSTie

Look Lori, I've been on the board for going on two years now. WE HAVE AN ABUNDANCE of people coming on, spamming, and starting shit for all that time.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to start anything by asking you that question. I was just wondering? You are extremely knowlegable in the things you say, WHICH WAS A COMPLIMENT, but, you didn't take it that way. Either way I could care less.

As for me. I know I'm a bitch, I'll admit it. And there's days that I just don't feel like answering the same questions over and over and over again, so I will say READ THE FRICKEN BOARD. Unlike you, I don't have time to respond to EVERY message that is put on here, nor do I want to have time to answer every question. B.V. is a pain in my life. Not something that gives me joy. I'm on this board to find answers. Just like we all are. And for a place to vent, just like we all are.

IF I'VE EVER COME OFF CONDESENDING, THEN I APOLOGIZE to those who feel that way.

BVGIRL - I insert this at night, right before I go to bed. When I get up in the morning, it does not come running out, if that's what you are asking. NOTHING LIKE THE BORIC ACID. But eventually sometime throughout the day, you might get a little discharge, but nothing major. Not even enough to wear a pantyliner.

THANKS SASSY! wink.gif

Good luck everyone...

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 15 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #3711

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori--I just want to say a little something to defend jewels. While I haven't posted lately, jewels and I have been on here since this thread was only about 2 pages. I think we, and some others, have both developed a fair amount of skepticism to anyone on here that is new. Since we've been here there has been at least one or two run-ins with people promoting products and not really suffering from BV, and there was one case where a holistic doctor type person posted CONSTANTLY on here and didn't even have BV or really know how to treat it. There are other girls who post clearly incorrect information and then people who refuse to somewhat read the thread before posting and therefore repeat a lot of information over and over again. I also think she jokes around a lot, which is hard to interpret on a message board, and you took her jokes out of context in one of your recent posts. Ultimately, we are on the right track with the BV blog so hopefully we can eliminate a lot of these problems. We are all trying to find an answer and SHOULD be on eachother's side.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 15 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #3712

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 15 2007, 05:57 AM) *
Lori, Yes that is the same stuff I got. It was kept in the cooler at my health food store. I just recently started taking it. I will let everyone know how it is going. I'm on my period right now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks arj75. Good luck and keep us updated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 15 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #3713

BUSTie

Oh by the way, when you insert the flagyl pill does it dissolve quickly inside or does it take time?

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 15 2007, 07:00 AM
Post #3714

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 14 2007, 12:25 AM) *
Here is what I did the first time. Inserted 1 500mg at night. Inserted a second one the next night, had sex the third night, inserted another one the following night, AND MY VAGINA ALMOST STARTED ON FIRE!!!!!! So, here is what I suggest you do, because it's what I did. I inserted 1 500 mg first night, then another one the second night. Then left it alone. About 2 days later, I do the whiff test...and it was gone. After that, I could have sex. So, I would actually wait at least 2 days after the last dose, just to be on the safe side. Another conclusion, I don't have sex very often any more, because boyfriend and I are on again off again, so when I do have sex, I use a flagyl the following evening. If you are having sex more often, you might want to becarefull with that, only because too much use of it, will cause a yeast infection. Nothing that an over the counter Monistat won't help with, but, still, you know yeast infections, they are not fun!!

I can't remember where I bought it, because it's been so long, but here's a website I have in my favorites.

http://www.horizondrugs.com/flagyl.html

If this doesn't work, just type in Buy Flagyl Online. And you should find it!! Please let me know how it works for you!!!

I BUY IT ONLINE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE. SO I DON'T WANT TO PAY AT THE DOCTOR AND AT THE PHARMACY. AND NO, IT'S NOT $100, I THINK IT COST ME $35?? CAN'T REMEMBER

Thank you for responding so quickly.. I will bookmark the website. Thanks

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 15 2007, 06:40 AM
Post #3715

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori, Yes that is the same stuff I got. It was kept in the cooler at my health food store. I just recently started taking it. I will let everyone know how it is going. I'm on my period right now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 15 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #3716

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 14 2007, 11:36 PM) *
LORI - ARE YOU A DOCTOR?? Because I have to agree a bit with Morpia. You do come across a bit condensending.

That is hilarious coming from you Jewels! laugh.gif

Let's see, you recently told someone "I don't want to hear about your drug problems!" And then you told off another newbie, "Read the whole thread before you ask questions!" And then you told another user, "Your suggestion is bad!"

And you accuse me of being condescending?

Like, you know more then we do?? PLEASE DON'T START ANY SHIT WITH THIS, I was just making an observation. I was shocked when I came on tonight and how many posts we had today. DOESN'T ANYBODY FRICKEN WORK??? hahahahah. wink.gif

We got a bunch of newbies today, and at least one had an awesome suggestion that really might help someone out there.(Thanks SFgirl!) I happen to think that is great. Why do you have a problem with that?

It would be nice if YOU would NOT try to start shit, while you are asking people to not start shit ...

Before you know it, you'll be right up with us, bitching at the new comers!!!

I just don't understand why anyone wants to bitch at newcomers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 15 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #3717

Hardcore BUSTie

MORPHIA...So glad to see you back!! I wanted to apologize for coming on so strong...however, we all are pretty stressed out with this shit. For most of us, we've been on this board, dealing with it for years, and when someone new comes in, it's like "Well, welcome to our fricken world"!

Don't stress girl. That's all I can tell you. I know you have a hard time with it, but it really isn't helping your situation. There is HOPE at the end of the fish heads!! Just be patient. Before you know it, you'll be right up with us, bitching at the new comers!!!

LORI - ARE YOU A DOCTOR?? Because I have to agree a bit with Morpia. You do come across a bit condensending. Like, you know more then we do?? PLEASE DON'T START ANY SHIT WITH THIS, I was just making an observation. I was shocked when I came on tonight and how many posts we had today. DOESN'T ANYBODY FRICKEN WORK??? hahahahah. wink.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post May 14 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #3718

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 14 2007, 10:11 PM) *
Especially since its next to impossible to recolonize ANYTHING with the good, friendly bacteria.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Bacteria is a living organism and it reproduces. Doesn't happen fast enough, unfortunately, but it's not impossible. Once again, I think probiotics is the best solution we've got to help it along.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 14 2007, 10:11 PM) *
While you SEEM harsh, what you've said is actually more comforting than anything. Thank you.

You're welcome. Consider it a slap across your face, because GIRL. YOU. WERE. FREAKING. OUT.

But seriously, aren't you going to your doctor this week? I'm sorry you're feeling pain, but I already gave you a suggestion for that, and you won't do it. So ... here's what I think you should do. STOP THINKING ABOUT YOUR VAGINA. I know it's hard because it's burning and everything, but just don't think about it before the appointment. The more you think about it, the more you obsess, and the more you go on crazy freak-outs. It's totally useless, because there's nothing you can do until you see your doctor.

Think about shopping. Or watch a good movie. Give yourself a makeover. I don't know what relaxes you, but you know what I mean.

If you absolutely can't stop thinking about it, as bvgirl suggested, type out all your concerns and questions so you can bring it with you when you go to your dr's appointment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 14 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #3719

Hardcore BUSTie

Clindesse is a vaginal cream. And if you were in the same kind of pain that I'm in most of the time you'd be afraid too. That Clindesse probably wiped out what little lactobacilli I had left in my vagina after all that Augmentin and Amoxicillin I took. So, yes. I do think this is something to be freaked out about. Especially since its next to impossible to recolonize ANYTHING with the good, friendly bacteria. I'm sure you don't mean to be harsh, but I feel like you're belittling my fear. This is why I hate forums. Its impossible to tell real emotion. Just know that I'm not jumping on you. While you SEEM harsh, what you've said is actually more comforting than anything. Thank you. And I know I'm probably going over board. But if I didn't come here and go over the top and let it all out, I'd empty my bank account on online purchases. lol. I've already scarfed down an ass load of sugar (which only made me feel like shit.) I have no coping skills.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 14 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #3720

Hardcore BUSTie

SFgirl -

QUOTE(SFgirl @ May 14 2007, 08:36 PM) *
Those symptoms (IBS and BV) were comorbid. My doctor felt the overgrowth of bacteria triggered IBS.

Well, that's definitely a new one.

In any case, I too believe probiotics are probably the best solution - both for the intestine troubles and the recurrent BV. Where do you buy your Bio-K?

Also, can you point me to the Bio-K site where it says that the live bacteria (68%?) ends up in the vaginal tract? I've been reading it, but just can't find it. (All they talk about are the intestines.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 184 185 186 187 188 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 09:26 AM