271 Pages V  « < 108 109 110 111 112 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
yme30
post Jan 23 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #2181

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 23 2008, 08:48 PM) *
Hi YME, I agree with Jularee you may be a group B strep carrier. My Dr treated me for it last summer after I ended a round of Flagyl, the strep became prominent. I also got amoxo and just so you know you do have a white discharge with strep so you may be BV free after all I would be skeptical to take the metro. Maybe do the amoxo and see how you feel and hold on to the metro. But def call tomorrow and find out why he prescribed the amoxo I can't think of any other reason.

Hi Bella!!! How is the flagyl working out for you? I am so glad you and Jularee told me more about the amoxo and strep because I had no idea as to why he would give it to me. I will stop taking the flagyl immediately because I am getting a really bad headache and I know its because I already took 2 of each pills already. I will call my doc tomorrow and ask him more about the amoxo, thanks guys for your help and have a good night.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 23 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #2182

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 23 2008, 07:50 AM) *
Hi ladies. Yesterday along with another round of the metro 500mg my doc also gave me some amoxicillin 500mg. My pap came back normal with a negative infection check and he said there was no odor and that the discharge could be due to stress. In my personal opinion there was an odor and the discharge is because I know I have BV. I hound him to do more so he bumped me up to two weeks of the metro, one week of the amoxicillin, and 7 day cream for yeast. Far more than my last visit which consisted of five days of the metro 500mg
My doc is very sweet and kind but I think he and the nurse may see me as a "Hypochondriac". This doctor is really really good but I think I may have slipped through the cracks on him. What do you guys think about the amoxicillin?

Hi YME, I agree with Jularee you may be a group B strep carrier. My Dr treated me for it last summer after I ended a round of Flagyl, the strep became prominent. I also got amoxo and just so you know you do have a white discharge with strep so you may be BV free after all I would be skeptical to take the metro. Maybe do the amoxo and see how you feel and hold on to the metro. But def call tomorrow and find out why he prescribed the amoxo I can't think of any other reason.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 23 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #2183

BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jan 23 2008, 12:37 AM) *
Stonyfield Farm yogurt is the only one that seems to have reuteri added that I can find so far. But their yogurt isn't reuteri and/or rhamnosus, it's reuteri only plus 5 other strains of acidophlilus. They also have a version with rhamnosus, plus 5 other strains. I can't seem to find it in stores though, even though I know it exists - it's on their website.

Gregor worked really diligently to isolate the EXACT SPECIES of L. reuteri and L. rhamosus that would be effective in keeping the beneficial vaginal bacterial levels optimal. These species are Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14. There is no evidence that other species of reuteri or rhamnosus will be as effective. I don't think the Stonyfield Farms product would hurt, certainly, but I also doubt it's the proven-effective, patented RC-14 strain that is in their yogurt formulation.

Maggie

+Quote Post
jularee
post Jan 23 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #2184

BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jan 23 2008, 11:31 AM) *
i didn't think it would desolve in neutal pH 7 water.....i've been inserting them for a week and they're dissolving.....

Hi Ladies! I inserted the femdophilus vaginally as well and it dissolved just fine. The femdophilus that I have is not enteric coated so I guess that may be why it dissolved so easily. I have Primadophilus Reuteri that is enteric coated and that will not dissolve at all in my vagina, water or anything. Supposedly, the enteric coating protects the probiotics from stomach acid (which has a pH of 2.0 i think) until they reach the small intestine, where they are absorbed by the body. Hope this helps!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Jan 23 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #2185

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 23 2008, 08:50 AM) *
Hi ladies. Yesterday along with another round of the metro 500mg my doc also gave me some amoxicillin 500mg. My pap came back normal with a negative infection check and he said there was no odor and that the discharge could be due to stress. In my personal opinion there was an odor and the discharge is because I know I have BV. I hound him to do more so he bumped me up to two weeks of the metro, one week of the amoxicillin, and 7 day cream for yeast. Far more than my last visit which consisted of five days of the metro 500mg
My doc is very sweet and kind but I think he and the nurse may see me as a "Hypochondriac". This doctor is really really good but I think I may have slipped through the cracks on him. What do you guys think about the amoxicillin?

Hi Yme! Sometimes the docs that I work with will give Amoxicillin for strep infections in the vagina. I see you mentioned the cultures came back negative for infection, but do you know if this included group B strep? Your best bet would probably be to call the nurse or doctor that prescribed it and make him or her give you a definite answer as to why it was prescribed. Keep us updated on what they tell you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 23 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #2186

BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jan 23 2008, 10:06 AM) *
Just for the record, those probiotic enterically coated capsules are really stubborn! It has been sitting here in the glass of water all night long, and it is now 8:30 in the morning, and it is still hard! I guess the ph of water does not dissolve them.

Dang it you two, enough about dissolving pills in water and enterically coatings. tongue.gif Can someone please read my post and respond to it, why has my doctor put me on amoxiicillin.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 23 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #2187

BUSTie

i didn't think it would desolve in neutal pH 7 water.....i've been inserting them for a week and they're dissolving.....

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 23 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #2188

Hardcore BUSTie

Just for the record, those probiotic enterically coated capsules are really stubborn! It has been sitting here in the glass of water all night long, and it is now 8:30 in the morning, and it is still hard! I guess the ph of water does not dissolve them.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 23 2008, 06:33 AM
Post #2189

BUSTie

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 23 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #2190

Hardcore BUSTie

dry.gif Mine is back with a vengeance. I'm very very skeptical about taking these flagyls. they really make me nauseous. I would like to get some action for my birthday lol but i'm pretty sure it wont be gone by then (next tuesday) by just taking the flagyl. Im going to walmart tomorrow, maybe i'll score some TTO and a dropper so i can fill my capsules. sad.gif Dangit!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 22 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #2191

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jan 22 2008, 03:53 PM) *
One more thing -- how did you insert them???? I was using a tampon applicator but got pretty sick of wasting expensive tampons!!!! smile.gif

Until I can find reuteri and/or rhamnosus in liquid or yogurt form, I will just continue using it dry. I started doing this a few months ago. But I didn't want to insert it dry, because inserting dry for me probably wouldn't work well, because I am already kind of dry down there. I wanted to mix it in something first, and then insert it. So my two ideas were this: a) crack open the Femdophilus capsule pour it into a tiny bowl put a teaspoon of regular (stonyfield farm) yogurt mix well, then insert vaginally, or b)crack open the Femdophilus capsule pour it onto a teaspoon or tablespoon, put a few drops of SYLK lubricant onto it, mix together well, insert. Right now I am trying the second idea.

I wasn't going to mention anything because it is a complete inconvenience to do this, and I didn't think that anyone here would have the energy to. I also wanted to wait a few months to see if it worked or not. And it seems to be so... I take the Femdophilus capsule and crack it open, then dump a quarter of it onto a teaspoon, put the rest back into the fridge, then put 3 drops of SYLK onto the spoon, then mix it up with a tiny little plastic spoon that I have (which I pulled out of my manicure set), then take a regular gelatin capsule and scoop (with the capsule) the mixture into it, put on the capsule top, then inserted it vaginally with my finger. I do this really fast. If you don't do it quickly, it will start to dissolve the capsule, and it will get soft, and you won't be able to insert it. I do this right before bedtime, so that it doesn't fall out.

The reason I open the Femdophilus capsule is because it has an enteric coating. Which means it will not dissolve in an acidic environment. Better that you open it up and dump the contents into a regular capsule. I use a needle to score the edge of the pill and then it opens up easily. Or you could use scissors or something. Seriously, I took one of those probiotic enteric capsules and put it in some water as an experiment, and it is still sitting here on my desk, an hour later, as hard as a rock. If you are going to insert it like that - it may not open for hours. Especially if your vagina is acidic, naturally or from the lubricant, or the vaginal acidifier, or the boric acid, etc.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 22 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #2192

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jan 16 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Check out this presentation by the creators of Fem-dophilus. In Chapter 8, he says that BV can be CURED by inserting 2 capsules of the pill daily for 5 days. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! He lines it up next to Metro results and FemD's results are better!!!!! I am amazed. I'm on my first bottle right now so I am hopeful, but like I said I've had success with Acidophilus in the past.

http://www.jarrow.com/Dr-Reid-Start

(BTW, I do not work for Jarrow, I'm just a sufferer like you and have spent probably 100 hours reseraching cures on the internet).

Thanks for the link Carrie. No kidding you don't work for Jarrow. Too bad. Maybe if you did you could get us a discount! All this stuff I need to buy for my cute little infection is beginning to get expensive. Dr. Reid seems to know what he is talking about. Just listened to him now. I have been taking Femdophilus for 7 months now and it seems to be working for me (take one cap before bedtime with a glass of distilled water). I insert it vaginally as well, but I do not use the whole capsule. When I first tried it, I thought better to be cautious and see how I react to it. But women have tried putting yogurt up there, so how much different can this be. My concern was that the probiotic is dry, which probably wouldn't be as effective as a live active culture. You would need to use the live version, just like yogurt is the live version of regular acidophilus. But I haven't found a live version of rhamnosus or reuteri. The kind that you can buy like yogurt. Because I bet that if you found a live stuff - and then inserted a little bit of it vaginally - some women would be cured. Stonyfield Farm yogurt is the only one that seems to have reuteri added that I can find so far. But their yogurt isn't reuteri and/or rhamnosus, it's reuteri only plus 5 other strains of acidophlilus. They also have a version with rhamnosus, plus 5 other strains. I can't seem to find it in stores though, even though I know it exists - it's on their website.

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 22 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #2193

BUSTie

Hi Carrie - not to be too blunt, but I just kinda stuck 'em up there. lol... I have stopped going to the doctor after almost a year of treatment...I was on Metro Gel a few times, I much prefer it to taking Flagyl - that stuff is so nasty!That's good that you are doing better. I am almost out of my Femdopholus because I was taking 2 a day..I'm cutting it down to 1 a day for this last week, to give me time to order some more. I figure I should be on it at least a month before I judge its effectiveness. It seems a little bit better but it is hard to tell. Lately I have had itching, which isn't pleasant at all. And I agree about the cleanliness thing - it just gets ridiculous sometimes!!

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 22 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #2194

BUSTie

One more thing -- how did you insert them???? I was using a tampon applicator but got pretty sick of wasting expensive tampons!!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 22 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #2195

BUSTie

I've only been using for a week now. I went through 2 doses of MetroGel over the past month and a half and immediately started with the FemD. Honestly, I feel like it took a long time to get everything cleaned out down there and went through a bazillion different stages of slight odor (i never had a strong odor) and discharge. Who knows what's going on now. I don't want to jinx myself, but I don't feel sick anymore. My gyno said "It could take awhile to get to feeling normal again." No kidding!!!

I inserted the FemD once/day for 4-5 days after my period, but now I'm just taking one/day. I plan to just take one/day from now on and maybe insert one pill a couple days after my period to help balance things. sad.gif Frustrating and depressing. One thing I don't get now -- all of us here are probably the CLEANEST down there now than most people because we take so many precautions, but how do we still keep getting sick. GRRRR.

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 22 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #2196

BUSTie

Carrie - Well, I am glad that I am not the only one who has done it..I was a little apprehensive since I have never "inserted" anything in there before...lol..I did smell the inside of the bottle but couldn't smell much..I know what you mean though, sometimes bottles of vitamins have an odor..the smell seems to have subsided now..I have no idea what it is but, everyone is different I guess. How long have you been using them? I was just worried I had done some internal damage or something. smile.gif

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 22 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #2197

BUSTie

mg86 -- I think I might know what you're talking about. Try smelling inside the bottle of Fem-Dophilus. Is that the same smell? FemD has a.........."different" smell. I notice that when I use them vaginally, I have a very VERY slight odor that is the same as the way the bottle smells. It's way better than nasty gunky discharge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's it???

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 22 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #2198

BUSTie

ugh..so embarassed!! Well I have been taking 2 Fem-Dopholus pills daily a little under 2 weeks. A few days ago someone posted here a link to one of the doctors talking about Fem-Dopholus and the cultures...this doctor said that inserting one capsule twice a day also worked. I decided to try this, I inserted one yesterday morning and yesterday night..Well now there is this very strange smell, like some kind of food, it's really weird and gross! I can smell it which makes me very self-conscious! I've decided I'm not going to insert them anymore...but what do you think it is from? No weird discharge or anything...( a little of the usual this morning )

+Quote Post
becca_h
post Jan 21 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #2199

Has anyone else had this problem? I personally do not itch (i just have to deal with the terrible odor), but my boyfriend breaks out and itches for days everytime we have sex. He uses an antifungal cream and it goes away but it always comes back after sleeping with me. It is so humilating for me, I dont know what else to do.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 21 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #2200

BUSTie

Hi all. I am glad to see we have a lot of newcomers, the more the better the more the merrier. I have yet another doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am off to the health store to get the jarrow and a few other vitamins to try and keep my ph in check while I am taking the meds. Hope u all have a good day I will post again soon. Be Good.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 108 109 110 111 112 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 01:41 PM