271 Pages V  « < 131 132 133 134 135 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Oct 31 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #2641

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Oct 31 2007, 05:43 AM) *
That's cool CanCan..I was gonna start digging into herbal remedies verses the musinex crap...It's worth a shot I guess. I know my crap isnt running through like it should or I wouldnt constantly have fluid buillt up in my ears and on my eyes. If vaginal secretions are really thick and not draining through..these areas arent gonna get rinsed out like they should and will be a great breeding ground for bacteria. i think I have an excessive thick flow...lol

Arj, when you mentioned the Mucinex, I tried to read up on it. It says on webmd that it causes dry mouth, constipation, dry skin, and decreased sweating, as side effects. And I think being dry is bad for BV. Especially if you get dry down there! But reading about the Goldenseal sounds promising. I bought it today, in capsule form, and took two caps with dinner already. I'll take it and see if it does anything. It apparently increases the secretion of the mucous membranes. Which sounds like a good thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Oct 31 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #2642

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi ladies!! I am new to the forum, but from what i've read here, I am not the only one suffering this HELL on earth. I have been dealing with a vicious cycle of BV and yeast infections for almost 5 yrs now (since college). Its awful. I've been to the doctor so many times, half the staff knows me on a first name basis. My poor husband is miserable because our sex life is pretty much non existent due to this lovely recurrent yuckfest. But he is very supportive and asks lots of questions. And he seems to want to suggest douching as if that is the end- all cure. Which I've tried that and it comes raging back even harder. AAARRRGH!! And the odor is the most awful part of it. I know I'm clean, but it makes me feel filthy-- i keep a stock pile of pads and panty liners on hand at all times.

To date I have tried the metrogel vaginal gel, the flagyl pills, clindamycin cream, rephresh, changed my detergents, soaps, lotions, went out and bought new undies.... and these have all been temporary fixes for me. The first sign of heat outside, stress, any type of sexual activity, when my period ends, or even if I sneeze wrong (sarcasm) - and TA DA it seems to magically reappear. so i high tail it back to the GYN and get the antibiotic creams, which then leave me open for yeast infections. WOOOHOOO!!! mad.gif Its become a never ending pain in the butt. I think the pharmacist knows me too from getting the darn prescriptions filled so much. I dont even want to think of how much I've spent in the last year on prescriptions and doctor visits. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I read on another forum that BEE PROPOLIS is a natural antibiotic : see below from DailyVita.com I just purchased some and I'm going to try it!! I thank you all for your helpful posts, please let me know if anyone has tried this. Or send me other suggestions... i'm a desperate sexless woman LOL And i'm going nuts!!! God bless!

[b]Bee Propolis is most widely known for its natural anti-biotic effect. Bee Propolis also contains valuable nutritional factors including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and trace nutrients.

[i]Bee Propolis has been used for protection and treatment against infection, allergies, burns, cancers, sore throat, nasal congestion, respiratory ailments, colds & flu, coughs and fatigue. It contains a broad spectrum of Vitamin B, Minerals, and Amino Acids with antibiotic and antibacterial properties. Each softgel contains 500 mg of Bee Propolis from pure Bee Propolis Extract.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
Desperate1
post Oct 31 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #2643

Thanks for the congrats... if only there was a magic bullet that could cure us all sad.gif

Cancan, the goldenseal is in a pill form, I found it at my local healthfood store. I bought the most concentrated stuff I could find (I think mine was 5% but if you can find a higher concentration go for it) it is a bitter root and you want a formula that contains the root primarily.

I read up on it online, I suggest anyone else who is trying these supplements to do the same. I learned that you shouldn't take it more than 3 weeks at a time. It is a natural antibiotic and good for the mucous membranes especially but it can cause health problems if you stay on it for an extended period of time. Like I said, I also took it apart from my Fem because I wanted to give the little probiotic a head start.

My theory was treat the symptoms (rephresh)
Kill the bad guys (Goldenseal)
Repopulate the good guys (Femdophilis)

I would encourage smokers to stop smoking or at least take a break or switch brands to see if that helps, also drink tons of water and help your body flush out the yuck. I also didn't do any of the hp rinses or capsules vaginally... my thought behind it was that I didn't want to kill the good flora I was working so hard to repopulate!!

And for those of you taking Femdophilis or who are going to try it, I made sure to find a store that kept it refrigerated. The Primadophilis should also be kept in the fridge. If you are buying it from somewhere that doesn't keep it cold you could just be throwing your money away so be wary!!

Best of luck and keep posting what works (and what doesn't)!!

+Quote Post
bvg
post Oct 31 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #2644

BUSTie

desparate1 has given me hope. i am trying the same regimen she did. i am taking renewlife ultimate flora for vaginal support in the morning(high count of rhamnousus & aciidphilus), lunchtime is b6, bition folic acid, multivit and oregano oil (stronger than goldenseal) then at nite is primo. reuteri (almost out of this, will get femdol.) hopefully this will work for me too.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 31 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #2645

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Oct 31 2007, 12:57 AM) *
Goldenseal:

[ One traditional use of goldenseal is as a mucous membrane tonic. Note that it does not have to come in contact with the mucous membranes to have this effect. Hold some goldenseal in your mouth for a minute or two, and you can feel the effect on the mucous membranes in your nose and sinuses. Traditional doctors stated that goldenseal increases the secretion of the mucous membranes. At the same time, goldenseal contains astringent factors, which also counter that flow. Thus it was referred to as a mucous membrane "alterative," increasing deficient flow but decreasing excessive flow. How this happens has not been determined by science, but is thoroughly supported by the traditional uses.... It is my opinion that goldenseal acts as an "antibiotic" to the mucous membranes not by killing germs directly, but by increasing the flow of healthy mucous, which contains its own innate antibiotic factors — IgA antibodies. This effect is unnecessary in the early stages of a cold or flu, when mucous is already flowing freely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldenseal ]

A lot of women with BV have vaginal dryness. Maybe this stuff can help with that.

That's cool CanCan..I was gonna start digging into herbal remedies verses the musinex crap...It's worth a shot I guess. I know my crap isnt running through like it should or I wouldnt constantly have fluid buillt up in my ears and on my eyes. If vaginal secretions are really thick and not draining through..these areas arent gonna get rinsed out like they should and will be a great breeding ground for bacteria. i think I have an excessive thick flow...lol

Glad your free of bv desperate1!...we will keep our fingers crossed for ya...thanks for sharing..

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 30 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #2646

Hardcore BUSTie

Goldenseal:

[ One traditional use of goldenseal is as a mucous membrane tonic. Note that it does not have to come in contact with the mucous membranes to have this effect. Hold some goldenseal in your mouth for a minute or two, and you can feel the effect on the mucous membranes in your nose and sinuses. Traditional doctors stated that goldenseal increases the secretion of the mucous membranes. At the same time, goldenseal contains astringent factors, which also counter that flow. Thus it was referred to as a mucous membrane "alterative," increasing deficient flow but decreasing excessive flow. How this happens has not been determined by science, but is thoroughly supported by the traditional uses.... It is my opinion that goldenseal acts as an "antibiotic" to the mucous membranes not by killing germs directly, but by increasing the flow of healthy mucous, which contains its own innate antibiotic factors — IgA antibodies. This effect is unnecessary in the early stages of a cold or flu, when mucous is already flowing freely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldenseal ]

A lot of women with BV have vaginal dryness. Maybe this stuff can help with that.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 30 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #2647

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Desperate1 @ Oct 30 2007, 02:15 PM) *
So mysteriously my BV has resolved!! I can't believe it... it's been about 2.5 weeks now and just seemed to happen. The smell was there one day and gone the next... its the strangest thing because I can't seem to link it to what I was doing.

I have no idea if it was anything I did... although I did see an improvement to my symptoms while I was treating... to recap I used rephresh for one full cycle, started on Acidopholis, a multi-vitamin pack, Goldenseal for 3 weeks along with Femdophilus (which I took seperately so the Goldenseal wouldn't kill the Fem), and stayed on Fem for about 6 weeks before this all happened. Also had the bf pulling out and wasn't using tampons during my period, and began rinsing the nuvaring daily. I was treating for roughly 2 months.

Congratulations! I'm happy that at least a few people have found their magical combinations. Can I ask you about the Goldenseal? How exactly do you take it? Like a cup of tea, or some other way?

+Quote Post
Desperate1
post Oct 30 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #2648

Hi all:)

I only posted here a few times and haven't been around much... I didn't want to jinx what was going on down below;)

So mysteriously my BV has resolved!! I can't believe it... it's been about 2.5 weeks now and just seemed to happen. The smell was there one day and gone the next... its the strangest thing because I can't seem to link it to what I was doing.

I was off the vitamin mixture for about a month and the goldenseal for about 5 weeks. I had eaten vegetarian for about 4 days straight just because I go through periods where meat doesn't appeal to me at all and I love Morningstar and Boca products! I had started drinking lots of water the week before (striving for about 85 ounces a day), and had quit smoking for about 4 days as well. (I wasn't a heavy smoker, usually just 2-3 cigs a day and a few more on Fridays at the bar.) Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon the smell was there, Tuesday, it was gone.

I was still taking femdophilus twice a day (about 12 hours apart), and I was taking out the Nuvaring every day and rinsing it in the shower and after sex and I really felt like it was *helping*, but I was amazed on that Tuesday to have no hint of a smell.

SO then I started trying to see if anything would make it come back... not having the bf pull out... not taking femdophilis... eating meat... smoking (but only about once or twice a week and not Marlboro Lights anymore)... and not drinking as much water during the day... not taking out the ring to rinse it... and lo and behold I'm still good!!!

I have no idea if it was anything I did... although I did see an improvement to my symptoms while I was treating... to recap I used rephresh for one full cycle, started on Acidopholis, a multi-vitamin pack, Goldenseal for 3 weeks along with Femdophilus (which I took seperately so the Goldenseal wouldn't kill the Fem), and stayed on Fem for about 6 weeks before this all happened. Also had the bf pulling out and wasn't using tampons during my period, and began rinsing the nuvaring daily. I was treating for roughly 2 months.

Best of luck to all of you out there still suffering, it is my dearest wish that you will all see your BV resolved as well... I read about the B6 treatments and feminol some of you are trying and I sincerely hope it works for you!!

Someone was asking about the Nuvaring... I am on the Nuvaring and have been for years... I do not experience the same side effects I did when I was on the pill or the patch. My big problem with bc was no libido AT ALL. After researching the Nuvaring I found out that it has the lowest blood estrogen levels of the available bc. This is the only bc that has ever worked for me like it should and I love it to death, I recommend the Nuvaring to anyone and everyone lol!!

Smiles, hugs and best wishes to all of you, I'll be lurking about I'm sure just to see how everyone is doing:) I am cautiously optimistic even though I'm still always checking myself for that horrid smell lol! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 30 2007, 07:11 AM
Post #2649

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Oct 30 2007, 12:40 AM) *
[ Taking antihistamines or decongestants will interfere with your vaginal moisture, as will washing with certain soaps. ] Just found this info on the Astroglide website. Never thought of this before.

http://www.astroglide.com/health.asp ]

I admit this is kinda out there but I wonder if that medicine Musinex (sp) would help increase vaginal moisture. The active ingredient in it Guaifensin and it is used to help patients with fibromyalgia(sp). I'm guessing that this is because people who suffer from that have insufficient flow of serous fliud - which would effect vaginal secretions too.
My doctor suggested I try this because my ears have fluid built up in them..and also my eyes often feel like they have a weird coating over them, and get blurred vision from it at times..eye fluid is a serous fluid as well right?

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 29 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #2650

Hardcore BUSTie

[ Taking antihistamines or decongestants will interfere with your vaginal moisture, as will washing with certain soaps. ] Just found this info on the Astroglide website. Never thought of this before.

http://www.astroglide.com/health.asp ]

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Oct 29 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #2651

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sunnshyne411 @ Oct 25 2007, 02:40 PM) *
With all the different meds suggested, can anyone tell me where to start?
There is femanol, fem dophilus, folic acid, vitamin B-6, oregano oil extract, primadophilus...whew!!!!!

I guess start with the easy stuff that you can do right away. Take femdophilus or primadophilus, also take all your different B Vitamins - or you could just take a B-Complex Vitamin (which is a combination of them all). Make sure to take extra B-6 because that is needed for proper hormone function, which has been linked by some women to BV.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 29 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #2652

Hardcore BUSTie

NO PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED

+Quote Post
virgin4life
post Oct 29 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #2653

BUSTie

p.s. QUESTION!!! do i need to mail a prescription to www.horizondrugs.com?? or can i just order it?? thanx!!!

+Quote Post
virgin4life
post Oct 29 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #2654

BUSTie

heyyy. i'm back.

yea the bv just came trampling on back. didnt stay away for long. ugh. i'm ordering flagyl right now. sigh.

dry.gif
dry.gif
dry.gif
dry.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 29 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #2655

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 29 2007, 08:21 AM) *
Ummmmm...yeah, he smelt it, along with the whole state in which I live.

I blamed it on my ex, and also said it had to do with my hysterectomy.

He just looked confused.

And, I didn't want to elaborate more then that. My life sucks. sad.gif

I'm sorry Jewels. As I said before, that sucks! mad.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 29 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #2656

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm sorry jewels...I know how embarrassing that is, even though it's not your fault at all. I have pretty much given up all hope of ever having a normal sex life. I still use boric acid to keep the smell away long enough to have sex, but of course that is only temporary.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 29 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #2657

Hardcore BUSTie

Ummmmm...yeah, he smelt it, along with the whole state in which I live.

I blamed it on my ex, and also said it had to do with my hysterectomy.

He just looked confused.

And, I didn't want to elaborate more then that. My life sucks. sad.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 28 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #2658

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 27 2007, 05:32 PM) *
Well everyone, still have not received the Flagyl.

Had sex the other day, and it wasn't the normal fish smell. INSTEAD, it was as if, a fish crawled up my cooch, laid there for 6 weeks, DIED, then ROTTED.

Worst part is, now the smell is completely gone. I can't understand why that happens to me. It's like having sex, get's it all out, and now it's gone.

I've been inserting Tinidazole Fasign 500mg, which is another antibiotic for B.V. 1 a day for 4 days. And that's it. The prescription calls for taking all for pills at one time orally and that's it. Instead I did 1 a day vaginally for 4 days. The pills don't really disolve, however, 2 were still in there when I had sex, and I think that made them disolve. The other 2, eventually fell out.

But, my smell is gone. I religiously take 2 Vitamin B6 at night, 2 Folic Acid 800mcg's at night and 2 Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC. It has a combo of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. I have no clue if that is working, but I'm finally religious about taking them every single night without fail.

Have no idea how long the smell will be gone, but, atleast it's gone for now.

That's my update.

Oh gosh, that sucks! Did he smell it ?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 27 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #2659

Hardcore BUSTie

Well everyone, still have not received the Flagyl.

Had sex the other day, and it wasn't the normal fish smell. INSTEAD, it was as if, a fish crawled up my cooch, laid there for 6 weeks, DIED, then ROTTED.

Worst part is, now the smell is completely gone. I can't understand why that happens to me. It's like having sex, get's it all out, and now it's gone.

I've been inserting Tinidazole Fasign 500mg, which is another antibiotic for B.V. 1 a day for 4 days. And that's it. The prescription calls for taking all for pills at one time orally and that's it. Instead I did 1 a day vaginally for 4 days. The pills don't really disolve, however, 2 were still in there when I had sex, and I think that made them disolve. The other 2, eventually fell out.

But, my smell is gone. I religiously take 2 Vitamin B6 at night, 2 Folic Acid 800mcg's at night and 2 Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC. It has a combo of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. I have no clue if that is working, but I'm finally religious about taking them every single night without fail.

Have no idea how long the smell will be gone, but, atleast it's gone for now.

That's my update.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 27 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #2660

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Oct 26 2007, 08:16 PM) *
loved its convenience, hated the hormonal effects... turns out i can't do hormonal bc... it made me fat and crazy and my libido disappeared (hmmm rather effective for preventing conception, since it prevented me from having sex in general)

if you can do hormones tho, i guess it's a good one

WHAT DO YOU MEAN FAT?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 131 132 133 134 135 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 07:37 PM