Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 228 229 230 231 232 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Nov 18 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #4581

Hardcore BUSTie

YEAH SASSY!! I've been thinking the same thing. No offense to anyone. I don't want to start a Fish Fry here. LOL. But I agree. We need answers. That's all we want. And all of our patience is RUNNING REALLY THIN!!!! YEAH SASSY!! wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 18 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #4582

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, no offense, sassy, but I'm laughing at the offensive way you said that.

Hey, just sharing what I know, and you can use it or not. If you find what you're doing works well for you, stick with it, no one's forcing you to pay attention to me wink.gif

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 18 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #4583

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree with you guys too! I just had cervical dysplasia the past couple of months so what is accounting for the BV the other 7 years??

No offense chaha, but I think a lot of the stuff you say is kind of bullshit.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 17 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #4584

Hardcore BUSTie

I AGREE AUTUMNBREEZE!! I too have been diagnosed OVER AND OVER again with B.V. AND I don't have a CERVIX People so, what do you say about that??

I agree Autumn. We all have been suffering from this for years. We want fricken answers guys. Not another "Maybe it's this" or "Maybe it's that". This is B.V. Plain and simple. Now find us a damn cure DAMMIT!!!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 17 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #4585

BUSTie

Why is everyone trying to make this something other than BV? For me, it's bacterial vaginosis, period. Not an STD, not HPV, not cervical cancer. I had never even heard of BV until I was diagnosed. Most of us have been diagnosed many times over. Oh well, I don't mean to rant but this is a frustrating issue, especially when you're living it everyday. It seems people are doing a lot of talking but not actually saying anything.
Who has had recurring BV and gotten rid of it FOR GOOD? Please tell us exactly what you did mellow.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 17 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #4586

Hardcore BUSTie

Update on estroil: I'm still using the estroil and it's been about 12 days.I had sex and no smell or discharge afterward.I think this might actually be working but the downside is that it takes very long to get the full benefit.Getting Estroil from the doctor probably would have delieverd a quicker response but who cares as long as I get rid of this crap for good.Anyway, all is well on this end.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 17 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #4587

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, all I can do is keep suggesting you go until you get a proper diagnosis; if you've got BV and you've had it since you were 14, that's a third of your life that you've had this condition that is supposed to be an infection (that is, an acute ailment!). So, to me, that indicates that something else is going on.

Maybe the gynecologist is the wrong person to see. Maybe you need an endocrinologist, as I said below.

"Probably" got all the cervical dysplasia is not exactly "absolutely sure" all the cervical dysplasia's been removed--and we don't know if "removing" it is the way to make sure it doesn't continue to take place or recur.
I know you have all kinds of resistance to finding out what is actually wrong with you--all I'm saying is if you're just going to treat with stuff that's over the counter and you don't actually know what is wrong with you, you could be wasting your time or worse. What you do with that information is completely up to you.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 17 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #4588

Hardcore BUSTie

I am definately in the same boat as Eralc Alegna! I've been to the vagina doctor more times the past couple years than most people may go in their whole lives. And it's not cheap...I'm a student and I have a stupid $30 co-pay everytime. "Some people just get BV very easily. I can give you some flagyl or metro-gel or you can just live with it"---usually the response. I did recently have mild cervical dysplasia, but it was not caused by HPV. And my doctor says it was so mild that she probably got it all when she did a biopsy on it. So yeah, I don't think that has anything to do with my BV since I've had BV since I was at least 14 and now I'm 21.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Nov 17 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #4589

BUSTie

I've gotten multiple opionions from multiple doctors for that same reason - maybe they're missing something. But every doc says and does the same thing and when it doesn't work, like I said it doesn't, they're all just like ," that darn BV, sometimes it just wont go away. Heres some more metrogel."

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 17 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #4590

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc alegna, I'd have them retest for gonorrhea, test for trichomoniasis, and test for chlamydia on that one symptom alone. I'd also ask for an internal exam and a pap smear if it's at all possible to rule out cervical dysplasia. I know you're in and out of the doc's like nobody's business, but if your symptoms are returning, there's a misdiagnosis or a missed diagnosis. It is time for a second opinion. It's your health , after all.

Finally, you may need to do something other than just manage your symptoms with self-treating. Once you have a clear diagnosis, do consider alternative, holistic treatments. So many women benefit from them, and so many who don't know they can pursue these options suffer needlessly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Nov 17 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #4591

BUSTie

I too have been tested for STDs repeatedly by doctors when I first go to them, after their perscriptions don't help... I'm tested like three times a year. Whether or not they're looking for cervical dysplasia or trich i don't know for sure I guess. Point is I just had a culture done about a month ago and was told nothing was wrong. not even BV.

Cha Cha I was the one who mentioned the discharge is now a pale green/yellow, but it usually is when I've been diagnosed before.

Make no mistake everyone- I'm in and out of the doctor like nobodys business. I self treat in between appointments because I'm frustrated that they continue to fail, or I don't want to pay another co pay or lab fee to be told the exact same thing for the 500th time. I'm not taking this lightly by any means

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 17 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #4592

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay: no STDs. How about: cervical dysplasia/cancer? No?
How about: HPV? Anyone done an internal exam to see if you have that? That's not strictly sexually transmitted, and if you've ever used the pill you're in a high risk category.
How about your hormones--thyroid okay? Pituitary okay? Adrenals okay? Any one of these that's slightly off will lead to the symptoms you're getting that you think are BV.
Iron levels--had those tested? These affect glandular function directly.
How often do you test for STDs? Is it very often, like twice a year? If you're sexually active, then you should be testing about this frequently. Some STDs are asymptomatic for a long time--you'd never know you had them until you tested positive for them.

Testing for STDs is just a small part of the diagnostic process. Great that you don't have any: but what about the other possible causes/diseases?

The point is: you know what you don't have, to a very limited extent. Now go find out what you DO have, before you decide to start treating it in any way. To just be content that you don't seem to test positive for an STD is a start, but it is not the same thing as an actual diagnosis for BV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 17 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #4593

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I didn't get my info from the Internet. I read it in a magazine. And no, it wasn't a tabloid either!! But I did do a search on Google, and you are right, it isn't true. So, I'm actually happy about that. I will go buy some and use if for the peroxide. It will be weird, since I had a hysterectomy 6yrs ago!! But, hey, it's worth the try.

I also have been tested for all STV's and mine were negative as well.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 17 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #4594

Hardcore BUSTie

That's great, sassy, and everyone should be tested for STDs. However, people still need to get a diagnosis if they have symptoms that we're recognizing here as common ones for BV.

Those symptoms are so general, they could indicate any number of diseases, including but not limited to STDs. It is still the first thing to do if these very general symptoms arise: go and have a battery of tests done, and MAKE SURE. Get a diagnosis. Then you can decide what you want to do next--whether that is try the treatment your doctor may suggest, or seek out another form of treatment.

I especially think a repeat visit to the doctor is in order if you were diagnosed with BV and the symptoms persist despite trying your doctors suggestions. Someone on this board posted that they were experiencing a greenish coloured discharge after being diagnosed with BV--that, to me, says, another test is in order (the discharge colour indicates at least 2 other diseases to me, where it is a very strong indicative sign).

What a tragic thing to be treating BV if there really is a much more dangerous disease at work--or to treat BV when the causes have to do with hormonal changes that can indicate glandular or organic distress, which could be found and corrected.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 17 2006, 05:57 AM
Post #4595

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been tested regularly for all STD's...not an issue.

+Quote Post
fedup45
post Nov 17 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #4596

Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that so far my symptoms are gone!!! I uesed the tampon soaked in peroxide 2 times yesterday for about 30 minutes each time......im going to keep doing this like i said for a few days just to be sure but im amazed /this is the first time in all the years ive been dealing with this crap that ive been without that smell WITHOUT taking antibiotics/ I feel like ive died and gone to heaven...lol/anyways I just wanted to share/I hope we can all get rid of this someday....I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy/ Everyone have a great day!!! smile.gif and not to make any waves BUT if anyone on here is from OHIO or is a Buckeye fan....GO BUCKS:)smile.gif!!!!

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 17 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #4597

Hardcore BUSTie

Free spirit is correct--the symptoms of BV and of yeast look so much like many other symptoms and signs of more serious diseases. There are tests available and your doctor can take a sample or two from you and order them up to rule out trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamidia, yeast, and cervical dysplasia. You must go and have these tests done in order to be certain that what you have is indeed what you think you have. If you just go ahead and start treating what you think is BV, but what you've really got is gonorrhea (for example), you may get rid of your symptoms, but you'll definitely be suffering from the disease's more insidious, destructive effects (which produce symptoms you can't easily detect).

Fear of the diagnosis is really no excuse. If it is difficult for you to see a doctor, do whatever you can to ensure you can make this trip--bring someone with you, find a doctor who will do house calls, ask a counsellor or someone who's looking after your if you do have a social anxiety disorder to recommend a practitioner to you...do what it takes. There's no point in self-treating here unless you know what's wrong; and if the symptoms are bad enough that you want to take steps to self-treat, you need to find a doctor and get a diagnosis.

No: tampons do not contain asbestos. But they are often made of a rayon component, and the wood fibre in this material can harm vaginal tissue.

Most tampons are bleached and they do contain dioxin. Which is many times worse than asbestos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
free_spirit
post Nov 17 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #4598

BUSTie

Have any of you been tested for Trichcomosis (SP?)
I have read that the symptoms can be similar. Some of you may have that and are mistaking it for BV and or Yeast.
Just a thought.

It would make sense to check if you have this because it may need to be treated differently from how you treat BV or Yeast, and maybe thats another reason why you can not get things to clear up.

(Just a thought)

--------------------
Don't Follow Your Dreams... Chase Them.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 16 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #4599

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

*de-lurks*- Tampons do not contain asbestos! Internet malarkey.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Nov 16 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #4600

BUSTie

So I just started my first night of metrogel tonight. The only problem is how long to use it for. Docs say a week but the last time I used it my doc said six weeks because the week long stints before did nothing. I've got two boxes... I want to suppliment with probiotics so I don't destroy everything and throw myself even more out of whack, but if i do during the metrogel use than it'll just die right away and be a waste, right? Should I do a week on and a week off with probiotics or would that not be long enough? a month? go until symptoms stop and then go probiotic? do I just use the metrogel for the week and then see? I'm so confused! I just need to get laid!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 228 229 230 231 232 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 08:57 PM