The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
princessmombi
post Jan 2 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #61

hi ya'll!!!! been a lurker thru blackberry internet (which sucks peen) since 08... finally got a real computer so here im is! i dont usually join forums, but i never found such a badass group of women in one place... hope everybody is having a good new year... take care

We are in north Louisiana. Geaux Saints!

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
falloutmk
post Jan 1 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #62

Hello everyone I'm Ruby, I haven't got my first issue of BUST but am an avid website follower of BUST and BITCH. It will be nice talking to people and exerting my feminist views here! Thanks for reading. smile.gif

+Quote Post
conbot
post Dec 30 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #63

BUSTie

I'm a newbie, but an avid reader of Bust for several years now. I work in the Toronto film industry and just celebrated becoming a quarter century. Passions include film, cooking, crocheting and reading just about anything.

+Quote Post
LauraLynn
post Dec 24 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #64

BUSTie

Good evening, all. Although I've already posted a time or two in a couple of threads, I thought I'd drop a line here and say hi.

I'm a 41 yr old chuncky chick with one man, two kids, and three dogs. (Also a grandson and soon to be stepson.) I work nights in the local hospital, as a Radiologic Technologist. I read voraciously and also love fast cars and motorcycles, and own/ride a 2005 HD Heritage Softail Classic. I'm a coffee-holic, too.

People say I'm a study in contrasts....a member of the NRA and the ACLU, socially liberal and fiscally conservative, a veteran who hates the current wars, etc. I love to hunt and fish, and I hate racism and intolerance of any kind.

I love Alton Brown. ;-)

We are in north Louisiana. Geaux Saints!

--------------------
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
Timothy Leary

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Dec 19 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #65

BUSTie

QUOTE(cocoapow @ Dec 15 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Hey K.P. from North/Central Florida here. I'm college student on Winter Break, who is currently just chilling at the mom's house.

I like to talk current events, specifically news relating to: LGBTQ people (esp. people of color), community activism, socioeconomic issues, environmental issues and animals. I keep up on your mainstream media stuff too (although only online) but considering a great of deal of it relates to mainstream politics, it generally makes me LOL or encourages me to embrace misanthropy. Nevertheless, I keep my eyes and ears open. I am obviously also interested in general gender issues as well, so I have arrived to chit the chat. tongue.gif

Yay! What part of North Florida?

Sorry...have to do this...

DUUUUUUUU VAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL! HOOOOOODY HOOOO!

::goes back to being a polite white girl::

+Quote Post
zeebz
post Dec 18 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #66

Hi all, I'm new to the BUST online community, but not to BUST. 24 years old, married, polyamorous, and living abroad for the foreseeable future while the US gets its shit together (hopefully). Decided to pop over and see what the forums here were like smile.gif.

+Quote Post
KariBelle
post Dec 16 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #67

There was a post that I had read that made me want to join this site. It was about BACK PAIN!!! I had suffered from it for what felt like forever (I am only 22, so my forever is really only 8-10 years but that is still a good percentage of my life). My back pain always happened in my mid and upper back (as if someone was pushing there knee into my back). This pain was most common after standing for long periods of time. (I am sure many of you are like "YES" to everything I am describing). Until i had found something that got rid of it entirely and I just have to share this. Hula Hooping! Now some of you may laugh and think it is just a toy you once played with as a kid but it is something much more. I have been hooping for almost 1 1/2 years now and I have loved it since day one. I had lost 10 lbs in the frist 20 days and strengthened my back muscles making it easier to support my chest. I don't want this to come across as a weight loss testamonial but it really was a perk. However, for me even if i loose weight my bust usually stays the same, changing only by maybe one cup size if i am lucky. Hooping is something so much more than a weight loss tool. I have heard of women just feeling sexier/attractive, having more energy, it even helps some with depression. In the begining it isn't all roses and joy. I took me 2 weeks to get the hoop to stay up, lol. But I didn't give up and now it is simple and natural as walking. My goal is to hoop a little each day. I just put on my favourite song (current fav is Stereo Love by Edward Maya & Mia Martina), pick up my hula hoop and giver.

This has already becoming far too long of an introduction so if there is anything that I missed or you have any questions, please ask.

My hope is to help. smile.gif

+Quote Post
purpletheory02
post Dec 15 2010, 06:47 PM
Post #68

Welcome all newbs!! (I'm still considered a newbie around here myself, apparently. I'm a lurker...) biggrin.gif Please be active and prosper in this forum and life itself! Tee hee...

cocoapow- I would love to hear some of your opinions on GLBTQ discrimination, love and pride.

sweetcharms- Love the enthusiasm, and I'm happy you found a partner!

Wondermist- Welcome, hon. It is great to see a younger crowd around here, like myself. Don't forget to start with your own opinions. wink.gif

And everyone else! xoxo

+Quote Post
cocoapow
post Dec 15 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #69

Hey K.P. from North/Central Florida here. I'm college student on Winter Break, who is currently just chilling at the mom's house.

I like to talk current events, specifically news relating to: LGBTQ people (esp. people of color), community activism, socioeconomic issues, environmental issues and animals. I keep up on your mainstream media stuff too (although only online) but considering a great of deal of it relates to mainstream politics, it generally makes me LOL or encourages me to embrace misanthropy. Nevertheless, I keep my eyes and ears open. I am obviously also interested in general gender issues as well, so I have arrived to chit the chat. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sweetcharms
post Dec 13 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #70

ok headed over to those threads. thanks for the help & bumping. :}

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 12 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #71

Big Fat Bitch

Welcome newbies! ::tosses confetti::

Sweetcharms, if you look around the newbies pages, you'll notice that it's mostly just introductions & such. Not so much on the problem solving/advice thing (Outside of Mybodymyself's post).

You'll probably get more feedback to your query in the Large Breast thread as you may find some similar souls there. I bumped it for you. I also bumped the General Sex thread. I bumped the Anxiety thread, too JIC. Hope they help you some! Good luck!

It's Sunday brunch in the Lounge! ::passes around tray of mimosas, poinsettias, & whatever the hell you call grapefruit juice & champagne::

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sweetcharms
post Dec 10 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #72

hey everyone!! ((haha i love this pink type....))

I am a newbie and I need *perspective*, fellow breast owners & breast appreciators.

basically im 43 & had a really, really stressful life. ive had lots of good relationships but haven't even been with a guy in ten years.. not even a date.. because, my life has just been so awful. my only child is just about to turn 18 & start college..... im finally feeling kind of ready to live again & stuff. kind of for the first time ever in some ways.

so unbelievably somehow, i have met this amazing, amazing man..

he is super amazing. really smart, super attractive, super sweet. really good guy. hes also only 27! but, we really get along & we've been together 7 months now.

and... im having a problem i absolutely never anticipated... when my daughter was born i had to use a breast pump for many months as she could not breast feed. that was fine but it stretched my breasts wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out. like, way out.

im super petite, only 95 lbs, but with full breasts, c cup. so now, i am super petite, but my breasts are kinda like.. well pretty much empty water balloons. they are reeeeeeeeeeeeeally floopy. they drop almost to my belly button.

its always annoyed me but being in this relationship, its really becoming a problem.

i just dont.. really know how to 'be' sexually this way. i am a very sexual person and really enjoy being sexual, and at this point in my life, i could certainly use a whole lot of super good sex.

but.. my body is just being super awkward. my lover is really great about it, and totally makes sure i know always he really loves me anyway.. hes just been so good about it.. so its not really that i feel he wont accept me this way..

but.. it is really bothering -me-. its being really hard for me to be fully sexual when i can't really move freely, can't really 'feel' stuff very accurately.. and it really breaks the mood to hear that 'flap flap flapping' sound.. oh god.

also they really can't feel pleasure all that well. being all stretched out makes it really hard to make them feel good in any normal way and i really miss that. so beside the fact they dont look so sexy, they really aren't -working- very well at all in any way. //

so my bf and i are working through it together & stuff.. but. i really need some perspective, my stressful life has left me with very few close friends and no family at all. so i really dont have anyone to talk with about this.

one solution ive tried is just wearing a bra during sex. that helps some but is pretty unsatisfying becuase there is no skin to skin contact, which we both like.

i have been saving to have a breast lift. i still have a few thousand to go, if i had the money i would do it tomorrow... basically the main reason for this is so i can enjoy my sex llife more.

i get a lot of mixed reactions on that. a lot of people think i just want to be 'perky' or that its about my ego. its really just that i enjoy being sexual and im not able to be truly satisfied this way, and thats something thats personally important part of my life. i just can't see living another 50 years having to always wear clothes during sex. //

anyway.. i really feel its not "PC" of me to say this about my own body. i love my body and accept myself as i am, but just physically, its super annoying and i just am not enjoying sex as much. //

so.. i want to hear from women & men about this. how do you feel about this? about your body or about those you love? its not that i don't 'accept' myself. it really truly is being a problem for my sex life. // does this make sense to anyone. i need perspective. this is the question i will be asking here.

thanks so much everyone. (man this pink type cracks me up)

XOX

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 30 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #73

Big Fat Bitch

Welcome newbies!

Don't sweat it, Wondermist! We're a helpful lot, when in doubt, ask a Bustie & we'll steer you right!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
wondermist
post Nov 30 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #74

BUSTie

I'm Erica.

Oh, I've only 16 years of age under my belt and reside in California. Thoroughly intrigued, I'm looking forward to participating in this thriving... forum! I believe these are called forums- foreshadowing of my inept ability to work with technology. I love learning about everything and anything (almost) !

I hope everybody has/had a nice day smile.gif

--------------------
Alack alack. Quack quack, said the duck.

+Quote Post
withlovebotanica...
post Nov 28 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #75

Hi smile.gif My name is Christen and I'm from Jersey. I'm 26 and mother of an almost-3-year-old daughter named Adeline. I'm a licensed massage therapist in Florida and I worked in the field for a while here in Jersey as well. I work from home now, so I can homeschool and spend more time with my daughter. I make hot/cold packs, sachets, eye pillows and hand salve. My cousin is the other half of our business (With Love... Botanicals... which explains my username) and she is still a practicing massage therapist who makes our candles in her kitchen when she's not out working.

Ummm... I think that's pretty much the fun and interesting stuff. I'm looking forward to reading about all of the topics posted here. Especially stuff about natural living, child-raising, other ladies who work for themselves and crafting... and a lot of other stuff, but I'm kind of going on and on here. It's great to be here and I can't wait to meet other members of the Lounge smile.gif

+Quote Post
mybodymyself
post Nov 18 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #76

Unsure newbie with a story.

My name is Jessica A. Still live with my parents and have an fraternal twin sister as well. Live in Metro New York on New Jersey side of it USA. Born with a Neurologically based speech impairment/apraxia-dysarthria. Suffering from depression/anxiety for awhile now. Yet to reach this stage of life and etc. I'm an student of life and clerical volunteer.

Sorry, its in bits and pieces.

This is both of an question and rant from me.

Know that I'm not the only one whom has experience this before. Mean it can be off/online.

Mean before foundin and/or comin here?

Is it me that we are treated as we are still babies/kids??? Is it me that there are owner/s, admin/s, mod/s whom have no clue on how to run forum???

Its hard even though they all know and we have talked about it. Mostly there are other factors which I can't think of at moment. Somehow I never could avoid this when lookin for new forums for myself. Hope being here is goin to stop this.

Depression and anxiety part of the story.

Unsure when I 1st started noticed this, but it wasn't really until just before 9/11/2001 occured, spl. Basically, I just started a new school and which that didn't work out for me. Wanted to serious end my life at the time and which I tried to. Thank god, I was caught while in the act and etc. Have to say it was very testy for my parents and me during that time. Finally, got my wish for treatment and which I don't recommend my route. My route is the worst case scenario, which I learned later on after my last episode. That wasn't the only episode of the route. Had several more before I finally figured it out and etc. After that started a new school which I wanted to go to. In the end that didn't work out and etc. Then, had some recovery time before I stared my previous volunteer experience. I was a clerical volunteer at Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York, USA). Basically, my mom was working there as well and in the same department as me. Not in the same area of the department. Loved being in the city, but not volunteering. It was more usual tasks then anything else. Unsure if that was because of my depression/anxiety or what. During that time explored my options about a paid job, education, etc options. None of them worked out.

Any form of BC (Birth Control) or HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) as well.

I know because I was on bc 2 separate times. Once while on celexa and other after I went off celexa. Wasn't on any other one as well. My mom was on bc, but not very long. It was during the 1st generation of bc then 2nd or 3rd generation of them.

This also goes for hormonal replacements as well. Basically, my mom was on it for a few yrs because her OB/GYN thought it was a good idea. My mom did as well because shes a register nurse. Now, shes been off of it for a couple of yrs now (June). Of course when she went off of it she was sick. In the end she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, but lucky it was caught in the early stages of it. To me I'm torn on this because I'm all for mainstream medicine. At the same time it comes with a price and I prefer natural medicine more.

Then my fraternal twin sister and my friend's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the last yr. It was caught early enough to get treatment, but now her shes having complications from the surgery and etc. Unsure if its her mother or what. At the same time its been hard on her and etc in her family. Which I prefer not to get into on here. Like my mom and my dad, my sister, and etc.

This is my story with the flu, flu shot, etc. Oh how it was written a quite a while ago and etc along those lines.

As for me have only gotten it twice in my lifetime so far and havenít had ill affects has of yet. 1st time I felt I needed it because the yr before I was at school. Pretty much everyone got it and wanted to be included at the time. Of course they needed permission from my parent/s or doctor, canít remember which one. This past yr I had to get it because I had bronchitis, last feb. Was on antibiotics and some kind of syrup for it. After that had some GERD (Gastric Reflux) from everything. Was put on medication for that which is working. Believe thats it for now.

By the way my fraternal twin sister had the shot last yr and manage to get it after the season was over. This yr she didnít get it because her experience last yr.

--------------------
Jessica A

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Nov 16 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #77

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome ptolemyZ, pinkphosphenelight, Synergy and missjoy (I remember you!)!

*passes round olives and prosecco*

--------------------
‚ÄúLogic is the art of going wrong with confidence.‚ÄĚ
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
ptolemyZ
post Nov 15 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #78

Dear all,

I'm a man from London in England. Apart from University, I've lived here all my life.

I've been reading for a while, and have found many posts inspirational.

Although there are enough male perspectives here already, but I'm registering in case there's some way my view might be useful, and to post links to content that is relevant to current topics.

I definitely will not be starting any topics of my own!

pZ

+Quote Post
pinkphosphenelig...
post Nov 15 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #79

hey y'all!

recently left my hometown of rva (love it/hate it) for life in northern virginia with mr. dude... rad, really, but for the utter lack of decent ladyfriends. i used to post yearsss ago in the lounge (as typical_girl? something like this) and figured that joining up again would solve literally all of my problems. so, mmm, thanks in advance for that.

a.k.

+Quote Post
Synergy
post Nov 14 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #80

BUSTie

Hi there. I'm 28 and got introduced to this lounge by my sister. Heard a lot of good stuff about all of you. I'm from Europe and english is not my firts language, so I have to expand my vocabulairy a little bit. Hope to be posting here regularly.

--------------------
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 01:29 AM