The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 141 142 143 144 145 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
SwtSimplicity
post Sep 6 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #2841

I have good news and bad news: I took a yeast test at my doctors office and my doctor called me and said, "I found two types of yeast in your test results", "so I'll be treating you with boric acid capsules that are inserted into the ______ and diflucan." After she told me that I swore the angels were singing from the heavens above, because I know I'm not going nuts.
biggrin.gif

All this time I thought I had a bacterial infection. Ugghhhhh .....
mad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post Sep 6 2007, 06:26 AM
Post #2842

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I went to the doc in the box friday (allergy season yay!) anyways, I told him him it took me years to get "my pee" to come out, so he checked for a UTI and of course I had one. So, I have the Cipro, and I will have to report back to him and make sure that it worked. However, I have decided I'm done with all the freaking antibiotics...I found this in "Prevention" magazine it listed herbal treatments (by a herbalist that see's that this does work...and very often to treat UTI's. So, this is what I'm gonna try, and I will know if it worked or not because I have a follow-up. (That doc in the box was HOT) can't wait to go back. lol

This is what the herbalist suggested in the Prevention magazine:

uva ursi or pipsissewa
several studies have shown that uva ursi's active compound has an antibacterial effect on the urinary system. Although pipssewa is less researched, it has the same compound and appears to be easier on your stomach.

Take 2 to 3 ml of either herb listed three times a day..until it's cleared up...now I don't have a clue as to how long it takes..but I will let you know.

If you open any Anatomy and Physiology book...it says the lungs and kidneys are responsible to maintain your bodies ph level (if it says body's PH, I would assume that includes Zee Twat too. So, if our kidneys are jacked, our twats could suffer the impact? If our lungs are exposed to enviromental toxins...(smoking, or whatever...our vagina's will be impacted?? Maybe, it's out there...but I like being out there! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 6 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #2843

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Sep 5 2007, 03:13 PM) *
so I'm on Cipro for my kidney infection... I probably end up with a yeast infection. last night i put tea tree oil on a tampon and put it in. maybe this will work...

neverending, im having a lot of gas and bloating and cramps lately too, has anything worked for you yet? maybe ill just pick up some GasX

I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription for Bentyl. He asked if I was under a lot of stress and I told him yes school had started back and of course school can get a little stressful. Anyway, THAT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY. I'm not going to take the Bentyl. I'm going to head to the health food store to see what I can pick up.

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Sep 5 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #2844

BUSTie

well, definitely i just learned in microbiology that flagyl works only on anaerobes, but i still wonder what it will do to my normal levels of everything- eh they're not so normal these days, so i'm going to go ahead and try. i took the first 250 mg pill an hour ago.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 5 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #2845

BUSTie

so I'm on Cipro for my kidney infection... I probably end up with a yeast infection. last night i put tea tree oil on a tampon and put it in. maybe this will work...

neverending, im having a lot of gas and bloating and cramps lately too, has anything worked for you yet? maybe ill just pick up some GasX

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Sep 5 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #2846

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Sep 5 2007, 12:45 AM) *
anyway, i guess my main question is what are the chances of this going away and never coming back. i've never had my puss smell so incredibly bizarre. it's beyond strange. i just popped 3 probiotic pills, emptied 2 capsules directly into my vagina and tomorrow i'm going to take a gram of flagyl to be followed by another gram the next day. could i freak out my bacterial levels even more with this kind of overkill??? all i know is the ammonia smell has to stop. i study for hours at a time and it's so hard to concentrate when i can't stop smelling myself and worrying that people around me can smell me too. wtf, i totally feel for you repeat sufferers. mad.gif

thankssss!!!!
xo

Has anyone done this? I'm sure I read on this board that some of us have. Has anyone put Femdophilus up there as a vaginal suppository? How did that work out? I haven't tried that yet, and maybe I will. Prvtpuss, if you are going to do this, maybe you should insert the probiotics after you do the Flagyl treatment. So that you replenish the bacteria. And my other question is: does Flagyl kills the bad bacteria only? The anaerobic? Or the anaerobic and aerobic?

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Sep 4 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #2847

BUSTie

i have a question. i just diagnosed my first (and hopefully last) bacterial vaginosis infection. after a couple of weeks of having an intense ammonia/garbage discharge i just figured out what was going on by googling garbage and ammonia and vagina. after reading this board, i'm totally freaked that this is the beginning of a lifelong hell!?! how often does someone just get one bout of BV and then never again? i'm 29 and have had a lot of sex with a lot of partners over the past 13 years and this is the first time i've ever dealt with this. i sort of know what happened. i started having sex with a new partner this summer, unprotected, with withdrawal (stupid i know), then i came back to school (med school - so i should know better) and had unprotected sex with another new partner (this one a virgin, i'm pretty sure). he came inside of me like an newbie and that's when the smell began. i would say that the BV is from the second guy except for the fact that all summer that i was hooking up with guy #1 i was slightly itchy and not quite normal down there. i thought it was a yeast infection or the beginning of one, but now i know the truth. so is it possible the BV is from guy #1 and the semen from guy #2 activated it or at least upset my pH enough to give the BV the foothold it was looking for?

anyway, i guess my main question is what are the chances of this going away and never coming back. i've never had my puss smell so incredibly bizarre. it's beyond strange. i just popped 3 probiotic pills, emptied 2 capsules directly into my vagina and tomorrow i'm going to take a gram of flagyl to be followed by another gram the next day. could i freak out my bacterial levels even more with this kind of overkill??? all i know is the ammonia smell has to stop. i study for hours at a time and it's so hard to concentrate when i can't stop smelling myself and worrying that people around me can smell me too. wtf, i totally feel for you repeat sufferers. mad.gif

thankssss!!!!
xo

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Sep 4 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #2848

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Sep 2 2007, 07:39 AM) *
pympmama1,

Does yours just never go away? or does it just reoccur?

I think I have the solution for single women....find a virgin (while this may be much more difficult than finding a cure for bv...the man isn't gonna have a clue as to what a normal vagina smells like anyways. lol

Or, find yourself a fisherman, (the one that makes $$$$ and risks his life so we can eat craps and certain fish) hey, obviously, the smell doesn't bother them..or they wouldn't be able to do their job's. lol

Italianwife,

Penis soaks...hmmm never would have thought about that. I would grap your man's macho ass and make him read up. Sometimes seeing is believing.

Yes it goes away... but it reoccurs....eventually... and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I did different to bring about the bv...

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Sep 4 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #2849

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Sep 4 2007, 04:45 PM) *
I've been having gas and bloating like crazy lately and I'm afraid to go to the doctor because he might give me antibiotics and I don't want this stuff to start up anymore. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the gas and bloating?

Try an enteric-coated peppermint oil capsule. The enteric coating will assure that the peppermint oil will not contribute to acid reflux. My Mom & I swear by this. wink.gif

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 4 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #2850

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been having gas and bloating like crazy lately and I'm afraid to go to the doctor because he might give me antibiotics and I don't want this stuff to start up anymore. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the gas and bloating?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Sep 4 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #2851

Hardcore BUSTie

Who ever brought up enzymes...thanks...I can't quit reading about it. lol

I'm laughing at the dumbass's who post articles saying enzyme supplementation doesn't help. Look up treatment for cystic fibrosis...you will find that IT IS added to their diets. (By doctors) to aid in digestive process)

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 3 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #2852

Hardcore BUSTie

I heard and I don't know if this is true but this soap is supposed to be good for BV.Has anyone tried this before? I saw it at walmart but I didn't buy it because I don't have this problem anymore. Knock on wood!

Genuine Black & White Soap

Black & White Soap aids in soothing itching, burning and stinging due to acne, eczema and other skin problems. From the Cayce Health Care Philosophy: "Use the Black & White creams for face, for hands, for body. These will keep the irritations from making the openings, or large pores." (3081-1) It will leave your skin feeling fresh and silky smooth.This soap lathers freely, cleanses thoroughly and rinses off easily.

Suggested Usage: Remove grime, dirt, dust and oily film with Black & White Soap and lukewarm water.

Ingredients:Sodium tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Magnesium Carbonate, Fragrance, Propylene glycol, titanium Dioxide, D&C Red #30 Lake, D&C Orange #4, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT.

+Quote Post
user12
post Sep 3 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #2853

I was given Diflucan for this problem..just diflucan. I asked for flagyl, but the nurse practitioner messed up the prescription, so I had to wait two days while my pharmacist tried to contact her. then i realized that she had changed the prescription all together. i don't get it. she kept calling me paranoid and saying the problem wasnt as bad as i thought. so, i honestly dont think she gives a crap about me.

and i dont think it even did anything. i also just got my period a WEEK early, what the hell? it can't be related to the pill, but what the.

i hate being a girl.

has anyone ever bought flagyl online?

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3503-s-FLAGYL.aspx

safe? unsafe? I'm just getting so depressed.

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 2 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #2854

BUSTie

Has anyone out there tried the new antibiotic Tindamax? I was thinking of requesting this from my doc. Any feedback would be great!!!

+Quote Post
SwtSimplicity
post Sep 2 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #2855

Her office visits are $10 co-payment, you don't have to pay for parking. Although I do have health insurance.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Aug 22 2007, 06:34 PM) *
I have cleared up my infections with garlic and gauze..not a real speeding process...and pain in the ass, but, yes..it has worked for me.

Do you mind in sharing this...I'm just curious..how much are her office visits?

I take a complex of all the b's and I just assume the makers have balanced them together as they should have...but I do know b-6 and b12 work well together. I have a book written written by Phyliss balch (Prescription for nutrional healing)....she is a nutritional counselor..she suggests Acidophilus (three times a day) and vitamin b-complex 50-100 mg 3 times a day...and then add extra vitamin b6 50 mg 3 times a day.

I posted an article recently about some new bacterias that were found..and not identified before..Like 17 species..and they were not in healthy womens vagina's...well...some types of bacteria produce toxins, some damage cells, some make our bodies cells the targets of our own bodies defenses, of course some just "take over"

...but there are some species that deplete or rob nutrients and minerals from our cells that are needed by our body to preform its proper functions..such as make hormones... or have a healthy immune system.......

I'm just making a wild guess...I think thats what they are doing..stealing from our healthy cells...

+Quote Post
firecrotch
post Sep 2 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #2856

i actually use a baby oral medicine syringe. it works perfectly. maybe i do need to up the dose.

funny story-- today i'm cooking and start to smell fish, like tuna fish. you know how us BV women are so paranoid about that fishy smell. so I'm smelling all around first, the cabinets, the pot (i was cooking pork), the closet, the fridge and nothing so i figure it was me. so i go check and it wasn't me-wheww... we got a cat 2 days ago and it was the cat food!! lol..now i have something to blame it on in the house! LMAO!!

FC

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Sep 2 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #2857

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks Arj for all the diet tips! But I eat really well. Most of the time. I don't over eat. I have a normal body weight. I eat whole grains, try to eat organic whenever possible. I'm not a vegitarian - but I don't eat a lot of meat. And when I do eat meat, I rarely eat red meat. I usually steam my food instead of eating it raw, but what I will do is try to eat more raw foods, and see if that helps. And as of a few days ago, I am taking enzyme caplets after my meals, hoping that does something.

+Quote Post
brandils
post Sep 2 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #2858

BUSTie

QUOTE(firecrotch @ Sep 2 2007, 01:07 PM) *
Hi ladies. I've been doing the hyd peroxide treatment. it seems to work pretty fast. usually by the morning its no smell or discharge. i read that it would burn a little and that means it's working on something. but i haven't felt anything when i douche with it-so not sure if i have anything or not. i don't have the full on fishy smell but when i pull my pants down to go to the bathroom I do smell it. i just hope no one else smells it.

has anyone gotten their man to do the penile soak? how did you approach him to do it? I really think that he keeps passing it back to me. we rarely have sex because of this. i'm so freakin paranoid. and whenever we do, i tend to feel all BV the next day. i hate this crap!
I want to have spontaneous sex but because of this I can't seem to get in the mood unless i know my hoo-hoo is completely odor free. so i have to make sure I take a shower before hand and after wards. this is really ruining my sex life. we haven't had sex in about 3 wks.
dh doesn't seem to care, but i do. i can't let go and be free like i used to be before this bv nightmare.

FC mad.gif

I just wanted you to know that I feel for you, not being able to have spontaneous sex is awful. My hubby is ok with it but it totally ruins my mood. When I finally feel like the BV is gone I still don't want sex because I know it will be back if we do. Haven't tried the peroxide yet but the femmesil, B6 and folic acid seem to be working at this point. Who knows how long it will last. sad.gif

I wrote to the Oprah show and asked if Dr Oz or Dr Masterson the obgyn could help with the BV. Maybe they will start researching and come up with something. I am willing to try anything at this point!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 2 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #2859

BUSTie

fire crotch, i havent noticed any burning either. I think you should up the hydrogen CC's. what ratio are you using now? Have you thought about trying the one time treatment of full 30 cc?

I started the hydrogen 2 nights ago and i have no bad discharge or smell.... the only smell i have is my pee from a really bad kidney infection. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow ive been peeing blood for 2 days straight its so scary.

+Quote Post
firecrotch
post Sep 2 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #2860

Hi ladies. I've been doing the hyd peroxide treatment. it seems to work pretty fast. usually by the morning its no smell or discharge. i read that it would burn a little and that means it's working on something. but i haven't felt anything when i douche with it-so not sure if i have anything or not. i don't have the full on fishy smell but when i pull my pants down to go to the bathroom I do smell it. i just hope no one else smells it.

has anyone gotten their man to do the penile soak? how did you approach him to do it? I really think that he keeps passing it back to me. we rarely have sex because of this. i'm so freakin paranoid. and whenever we do, i tend to feel all BV the next day. i hate this crap!
I want to have spontaneous sex but because of this I can't seem to get in the mood unless i know my hoo-hoo is completely odor free. so i have to make sure I take a shower before hand and after wards. this is really ruining my sex life. we haven't had sex in about 3 wks.
dh doesn't seem to care, but i do. i can't let go and be free like i used to be before this bv nightmare.

FC mad.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 141 142 143 144 145 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 09:11 AM