The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okay, so what's the BEST product you've ever used?!
sybarite
post Aug 2 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #21

it's cards on the table time

Clarins 30SPF sunblock does the same thing... even though it's especially for the face. I splurged on it and it still left me with a face full of white goo that wouldn't blend in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
agent_wasabi
post Aug 1 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #22

BUSTie

Hmmm... not sure where the worst product thread went, so this might be in the wrong place, but i just stopped by to bitch about the Clinique Lip/Eye SPF 30 Sunblock stick. good idea in theory, but it's uber-waxy and made my lips look a deathly white colour. ick. i returned it and got a gift card in exchange. LOVE Clinique Glosswear for Lips Sheer Shimmers though; definitely one of the better glosses I've tried.

+Quote Post
mirabella
post Jul 17 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Salonpas, pain reliever stick on pads. I have been having a horrible backache, and these things are soooo great.

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Jun 28 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

gluey - I second the motion for body glide! When I did the 3 day walk a couple years ago, Oh, how it saved my feet, and more importantly my nips...60 miles makes for a lot of shifting amongst the girls!

+Quote Post
lot49
post Jun 28 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

I love the BB tomato garden toner too, ever since it cleared up a nasty zit in two days for me (I happily had a little trial-size bottle handy). It does smell nice.

Can anyone recommend a good self-tanner?

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jun 22 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

I love the burts bees tomato toner. It smells delicious

+Quote Post
gluelita
post Jun 22 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #27

BUSTie

body glide is *the shit*. i use it on my feet before walks and it helps prevent blisters/hotspots. i also put it on the feet before wearing leather sandals and it keeps them from getting all sweaty/sticky in the sandals. much heartage. (avail. at drugstore.com, or i got mine at a local running store).

+Quote Post
gomersalgirl
post Jun 20 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #28

BUSTie

cellijenni, Mario Badescu toners are really nice.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 11 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #29

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Thanks, rose! I bought an Oregon Scientific this weekend! :-)

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
camisoul
post Jun 10 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #30

Modegirl, thanks for mentioning that soap! I've got some mild eczema on my face and have been searching in vain for something effective. I'll give that a try.

Best thing I've used? I'm not sure. Maybe Noxzema. It's the only thing I STILL use after all these years.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 9 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

I can honestly say one of the BEST things EVARRR---Dr. Scholl's Foot Cream (cracked skin repair)in the PURPLE TUBE!!!

That stuff has literally worked WONDERS--along with my PEDRO foot tool......AWESOME AMAZING!!!

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jun 9 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #32

Pacifism kicks ass!

Doodle, I've never owned a projection clock so I can't recommend one exactly. But! I ran across some that were made by Oregon Scientific & thought of you. :-)

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 7 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #33

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I don't really know where to put this post, so I guess I'll put it here.

Can anyone recommend a projection alarm clock that isn't too expensive?

I think I'm getting too old to read the numbers on my LED clock without my glasses.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Jun 6 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

straight witch hazel is good - you can get it at your health food store. Currently, I'm in love with LUSH's Eau Roma....but that's a lot mroe expensive at $20+ for a bottle...it does last a long time, though.

+Quote Post
cellijenni
post Jun 6 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #35

BUSTie

Can anyone recommend a good facial toner??

I've been using clinique for a few years, but I think I'm ready to expand my options...especially now that the humid weather is coming back to the Northeast.

+Quote Post
modegirl
post May 31 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #36

BUSTie

weirdly, Organix sweet orange oil neem soap. it has cleared up both my eczema and some mild acne. yes. on my face, on which i never ever use soap.

other than that, MAC Fluidline eyeliner in Black Track (though i hear amazing things about Blitz&Glitz, a black with gold glimmer)

+Quote Post
mirabella
post May 31 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

ooh, my mom bought me the "memoirs of a geaisha" rice face wash, perfume, and face pallette. gorgeous!!

+Quote Post
jemisoutrageous
post May 27 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG, my employers got me the 'Fresh Memoirs of a Geisha'gift box and it is SO unbelievably luscious. Sake bath bubbles, rice facial wash, rose petal facial mask and Sake perfume. It has the most decadant, vagely (real,not that faux perfume crap)peach scent andit is to die. To die .the yalso got me a Philosophy 'Pure Grace' bath bubbles and pefume gift box and it is divine....le swoon....I LOVE Fresh and Philosophy everything.

--------------------
Oh, Magoo---you've done it again!

+Quote Post
citrussss
post May 26 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #39

BUSTie

I have super sensitive oily break-out prone skin and I use the Cetaphil facial moisturizer with spf 15. I find it does the job well and doesn't leave me all oily. It doesn't build up either. In fact it's one of the best face products i've used in a long time.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 26 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #40

it's cards on the table time

Hsmith, Oil of Olay do a 15 SPF moisturiser that I like a lot. Nice texture, keeps my face moisturised all day and isn't too pricey.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 12:00 PM