Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

224 Pages V  « < 217 218 219 220 221 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
cranberrigirl
post Aug 24 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #4361

Hardcore BUSTie

okay, 3rd day in 3 weeks I have not puked my brains out. I do not feel sick.. I still have major food adversions. I cant even open my lettuce drawer in the fridge. Not into salad right not. AT ALL. (which is SO BiZArre, cuz thats what I usually eat.

I love alot of apples and banana yogurt. But Im much more tired now. Im taking more naps than ever. Actually im yawning right now and it 745pm.

I hope you all are well..
Good luck vibes...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 24 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #4362

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks so much, Moxie. I remember you having the test and all.

I'll probably take you up on that offer if the test is postive. I appreciate it.

+Quote Post
moxiegirl
post Aug 24 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #4363

Nice Kitty

anoush- i had the gestational diabetes...PM me if you want to chat about it, or the test. I'd make sure they're going to do two things for you: 1. check on you often; 2. give you a place you can lie down. Do you have someone going with you?

gGood luck!

+Quote Post
aquagirl3
post Aug 23 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #4364

Hardcore BUSTie

I am just so excited and I don't have anyone to talk to because I don't want to jinx it.
My husband has been very apprehensive about having kids--just completely terrified, I guess. I promised him we could wait 2 years (although he would wait 5 or more!) I am 31 and I don't want to wait too long. We have been married 1.5 years and had been talking about starting to try maybe in December or January, and then moving next summer before I have the baby. Well the other night, we started talking about how if I got pregnant now, I could work the whole time (I'm a teacher) and have my insurance still, and then we could have the baby here and postpone moving until next fall...and I couldn't believe it but he seems to be considering it... and I just started my period so I would have to put in my Nuvaring on Sunday, so I told him he had a week to decide before I need to start the round of birth control...I know this is a super boring story but I have to tell someone!!! I am just going crazy waiting for him to decide! I haven't brought it up since then because I don't want to bug him about it!!!!!! I am just on pins and needles and terrified and excited and I just can't imagine actually being pregnant! He even asked if we could order some books and we ordered "What to Expect" etc. (of course) and 2 books for guys. (He was like, "Well, I just don't know anything about this, I think I need to read a book.")

He has never been able to talk about having a baby without seeming to dread it and being scared, and I just can't believe he might agree to it! He is totally the kind of guy that would never be 100% completely ready but will be a great father when it happens.

Aaaa! Aaaa! Aaaa! I hope he says we should GO FOR IT! I am going crazy until Saturday!

It's nearly 9pm and I want to throw up. This baby better be cute.

PS. This made me laugh.
Ok. Phew. Sorry. I really needed to get this off my chest.

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 23 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #4365

Hardcore BUSTie

My glucose was high so I have to go back for the full, three hour test. I'm not at all happy about this.

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 22 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #4366

Hardcore BUSTie

Ah, the insurance system. I don't even think I have the energy to respond to that right now. After living in the UK the system here makes me even more angry than before, which is saying something.

I'll just say for now that I have the Oregon Health Plan, something we have in Oregon for the poorest people (and b/c I'm pregnant I have the OHP Plus, which means for what they cover I pay nothing. There's a lot they don't cover and I won't have after two months after the baby's born. Oh, and I can't go to my doctor who I've seen for 12 years and who was the one reassuring me about my huge fear of serious postpartum depression, b/c she's treated me for depression that whole time.)

I"m lucky and I"m furious at the same time at the idiocy and waste and suffering inherent in this system.

Anyway, went to the midwife and found out I'd gained 5 pounds in a month. Yikes. I mean, I am in the last trimester, but still, it was kind of a shock. I"ve only gained 12 lbs total, but as I'm a big person in the first place it's a bit of a struggle for me emotionally. But trying to to waste energy worrying about it.

I like the clinic, but it annoys me that I have to ask what my blood pressure was, etc, etc, every time. They always tell me the baby's heart rate when they listen, but a whole bunch of other things I have to ask.
Annoying.

Anyway, visits every two weeks from now.

+Quote Post
chani
post Aug 19 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #4367

Hardcore BUSTie

Scanned myself at work last night and saw a lovely little heartbeat!!! Yay! Nausea this time hasn't been as bad as last time, thank goddess, but the physical fatigue is greater.
Cran, ask your doctor about Doxylamine succinate. In Canada we have an antinauseant specifically for pregnancy called Diclectin that works pretty well. There was a big lawsuit in the states about possible ill effects on the fetus, so they stopped selling it there, despite the fact that for the case, huge amount of data was collected that unequivocally showed it was safe! Anyways, Diclectin = Doxylamine and Vit B6 so your docs may prescribe those 2 meds together to accomplish the same thing.
Anoushh, you've made your move to Amerika? Have things gone smoothly with your insurance and everything?

+Quote Post
cranberrigirl
post Aug 17 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #4368

Hardcore BUSTie

aahh Anoushh thanks so much. I am hopeful. happy.gif

+Quote Post
gilabat
post Aug 17 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #4369

BUSTie

anoushh- when I was pregnant I really liked the pregnancy forum on altdotlife.com (you may have to register to view it) and at mothering.com (crunchy earth mama stuff, boards are located under the 'discuss' link).

Stella is 6 weeks old today!

+Quote Post
car
post Aug 17 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #4370

for being here so rarely, how do I have so many damn posts?!

Can I just say that Bones is not even 3 1/2 months and I already miss being pregnant and am pining for another? Even w/all of the ups and downs of this last pregnancy and the endless bedrest, I am hoping that we'll have another down the road...I mean, not NOW of course, but in another year or two.

for now, I'll live vicariously through you all....

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 16 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #4371

Hardcore BUSTie

Cran, I remember nearly bursting into tears after being sick for three weeks every damn minute of the day and night (I was about 9 weeks then) and reading something to the effect of "morning sickness usually starts to go away by about 12 weeks." I thought "I just cannot stand 3 more weeks of this."

I say this not to freak you out (I swear), but to say I know how you are feeling and it will pass even though it probably seems like it never will now. (Incidentally, for me it started to gradually lift from that point, very slowly, but it did improve. Everyone's different, of course, but I swear to you, there's hope in sight.)

Anything in particular help you? I found ginger, which is constantly recommended, was making me worse, but lemon was good. I carried around a bottle of lemon essential oil and took a whiff whenever I felt particularly bad. It only helped for a second, but it did help. And lemon drinks, especially lemon squash, helped. ("Squash" in this context is the UK condensed fruit drink you dilute with water to taste--a pretty cool thing. I got organic lemon squash, in part b/c I wanted it to have real lemon in it not just lemon flavor, but when out and about I would drink any lemon flavored drink and it seemed to help a bit.)

The boss does sound nutso--gah.

Doctor sounds cool, though. smile.gif

We have our first meeting on Friday with the doula since actually hiring her (we did an introductory meeting before). I'm feeling very good about this decision.

Oh, meant to say that a co-worker's sister, who had severe nausea during pregnancy, found the bracelet thingie helped her. I never tried it, but can't hurt, can it?

+Quote Post
cranberrigirl
post Aug 16 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #4372

Hardcore BUSTie

hi everybody. How's everyone doin?

I'm on my 3rd week of sickness. I am so sick of being sick. It's nearly 9pm and I want to throw up. This baby better be cute. dry.gif

I had my real first appointment Monday and met the first of the handful of possible docs. I love him. He had a great, friendly personality. He told a Monty Python joke.. he wore a bow tie. I love him.
I left feeling really excited about the whole thing.

Today I got to work, and I've got kids with hand/foot/mouth in my class, and my NUTZO boss runs in, telling me not to touch the child and demanded I call my obgyn. I told her I would later, but apparently that wasn't good enough, cuz two seconds later she told me she called the obgyn and asked for the doctor (who I told her I liked, she perfers a female doc) to call her back and told me we (don't forget she's prego too.) would have to schedule blood work by some random nurse.

My coolass doctor called her back and told her, there was no such test, but just to not touch kids with symptoms. Easier said than done. But I'm going to have to tell her to bugger off. It sucks cuz her son is in my class.

Anyway, I just needed to come in and rant. Mr. Cran is in NY and i'm at home with the cat. So yeah.. fun times. I think I'm going to look into a sea-bracelette. I can't take much more of the sick.

+Quote Post
jasmine77
post Aug 12 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #4373

BUSTie

I feel for you guys, chani and cran.

I had literally found out I was preggers less than 24 hours when my brother-in-law blurts out in front of the whole family "gee, you've been peeing an awful lot today, are you pregnant?!" I tried my best not to flat out lie and instead joked about it and said "how do you know I don't have a raging UTI?"

I swear I had about a jillion people at work making comments like 'you're the next one to get preggers' and 'maybe you're preggers' anytime I had the tiniest bit of nausea even before i got knocked up but it's harder when you actually are and don't want to lie. I think just being vague and changing to subject works the best until you finally can say "yeah, I'm pregnant, back off!" smile.gif

+Quote Post
chani
post Aug 10 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #4374

Hardcore BUSTie

As I said earlier, I work in Ob so trying to keep a pregnancy secret at work is a joke. I'm probably asked 4 times each day if I'm pregnant and I'm only 8 weeks and definitely not showing! I have a wide variety of vague responses: "I don't know if we're ready for that yet!" "We've planned to wait a few more months" and "It would really suck to be pregnant and working 80 hours a week" (I really don't know if we're ready, we DID plan to wait - the plan failed, and it DOES suck to be a pregnant chief resident smile.gif
That being said, people who actually know I'm pregnant are POLITE enough to give me knowing looks but not blab about it. Your boss sounds like a nightmare cran. As awful as it must be, at least it won't be as big a deal in a few weeks once you're passed the magic 3 month mark.

did you see that! it made an amazing little smilie for me! cool!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 10 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #4375

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh yikes. People like that should be killed. Or at least have their mouths taped shut.

+Quote Post
cranberrigirl
post Aug 10 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #4376

Hardcore BUSTie

So last week during one of my puke-on-the-run moments at work, I passed one of the (most annoying) directors. She asked me if I was alright, if she could call someone in for me... I panicked. I can't miss more work because I'm puking.. but I feel like crap. (all day long except from 5pm-8pm) then at 9 when I go to bed it starts all over again. I was near tears when I blurted out no.. I'm just 8 weeks pregnant.

suddenly, I'm looked at as not really sick anymore.

She immediatly shrieked.. because oh.. did I mention she's also prego?
I said, "please, please please.. do not tell anyone because I don't want the whole building to know.. " she just hugged me and shrieked. Then told me that the pretzels I was eatting are not good and to eat Saltines.
(thanks but I'm no longer in the Saltine chapter, I'm past the potato stage and now into crunchy pretezels.)

I get outside with my class, and hide in the shade when ohmygod here she comes. She goes on about who my doctor is, when I'm due, what am I having, when, where how, her fears, being cut, c-sections, emergencies.. I cut in and say.. "I really don't want to talk about this at work. " as nicely as I can. She as sweet as she is just keeps going, as I watch in horror as another director comes out toward us.

I immediatly change the subject, and she calls out- "Okay Cran well if you ever want to talk.. just come find me."

Lunch happens and I get a phone call. "Yes this is Cran."
"Hi, it's me Twinkie." she says.
"Uh... hi."
"Hey listen, am I the only one that knows?"
"no. my co-teacher knows too."
"oh. Cuz I can't really keep a secret. I'm really terrible at it. SO when are WE going to tell everyone?" She GIGGLES.
"okay, Twinkie.. seriously I am super superstitious and I would like to wait until I have my next appointment."
"okay, well I'll try,"she says.

I want to throw up. I mean this is her job, confidentality(sp.) keep a secret. for the love.
I walk into a staff meeting that night and she's patting the chair next to her. "How you feeling?" she announces. "great." I say.
"Yeah, my morning sickness has started to act up at lunch." she says.

GREAT!

everyday. I'm dealing with her. I'm dealing with this ickiness, my insane hormones.. and her. Mother.
Today she told me she is due the day after me. Help me.

+Quote Post
jasmine77
post Aug 8 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #4377

BUSTie

Anoushh, I'm learning to just live with my Dolly Parton-esque bustline. Got fitted at a bra store the other day and I'm now in a 38 FF. The lady who was fitting me said she'd guess I'll be in a 34 H by the time my milk comes in. Scares the bejebus out of me since I'm all of 5'3" and usually a size 10 (prepreggers that is). I feel like I'm gonna need a wheelbarrow soon! smile.gif I'm just gonna deal with it and hope that the girls shrink back down (and don't sag all the way to the floor) after breastfeeding.

Oh, one more thing...

Has anyone here been on a cruise when they were preggers? My hubby and I decided to take one last trip before the little man comes (to hell with the cost!) and we're supposed to go to the caribbean in 4 weeks. I usually don't get motion sickness and I didn't have a lot of morning sickness so I'm hoping I'll be fine. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice. I've never been on a cruise before and I don't really know what to expect. I'm hoping that being 24 weeks will mean that all will be a-okay. Any advice?

+Quote Post
chani
post Aug 8 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #4378

Hardcore BUSTie

sigh. threw up at work today. it's going to be a long first trimester. Sometime next week I'm going to sneak away with the ultrasound machine and scan myself to make sure there's a little fetal heart there!

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 8 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #4379

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, so we hired a doula. I'm pretty exited about it and a lot less anxious now.

Jasmine, I should have said that a lot of people I know find that the majority of increase in breast size in pregnancy is early on, so maybe that's true with you, too? I'd suspect so. Maybe that will make it a bit less scary?

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 3 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #4380

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't think there is a "typical" amount of growth (Of course, I could be wrong.) I do sympathise, though as i've gone from a C to DD and I just can't find a comfortable bra (even worse than usual), especially looking in the no-underwire section!

Glad your ultrasound went well. I was seriously thinking of not getting the last one, but I'm glad I did and it was very reassuring. (What actually changed my mind was finding an letter from a few years ago from a friend in Japan who'd just had a baby who'd needed surgery to repair a kidney problem very shortly after birth. It had been found on an ultrasound, and I figured it would be a good idea to know if that kind of problem was looming, so as to be prepared.)

Anyway, glad yours went well.

Chani, hope things cool down for you. My heat tolerance is even less than before, if such a thing is possible!

+Quote Post

224 Pages V  « < 217 218 219 220 221 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 12:25 AM