The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
bunnyb
post Oct 10 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #221

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

doodle, log out (upper left) and you'll see option, check it then log back in.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Oct 10 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #222

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Can't remember which thread this was answered in, but I know there was a solution...just don't remember what, or where!

Can anyone tell me how to permanently set your default log in as invisible? I know you can check the box every time you log in, but there was a way to make the box checked by default each time you logged in. I just don't remember where to find it. I can't see the options in My Controls -> Board Settings....

Anyone?

Thanks!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
faerietails
post Sep 28 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #223

donut-lovin' heathen

*smacks head*

Ah, yes, community forum. I looked all over the entire lounge and managed to not see the community forum! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Sep 28 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #224

Hardcore BUSTie

Community forum is the place where that usually gets asked. Just so you know.

(I don't have an opinion on the thread idea one way or another. Sounds fine to me, but I'd probably not contribute to it. How's that for unhelpful. Sorry.)

+Quote Post
faerietails
post Sep 28 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #225

donut-lovin' heathen

Okay, didn't know where to put this, so here goes...

Is it moi, or is the Mood Music thread gone? And if so, do y'all mind if I start it back up?

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 27 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #226

oh, i just noticed that the "advanced poster" thing under poster names has been replaced with BUSTie and Hardcore BUSTie. cute. better than that other thing. i like it.

same about that view last post thing too. it's weird, i get shunted back to april or may each time no matter when the last time i looked at that thread was.
glitchy.

+Quote Post
pherber
post Sep 25 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #227

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't get it, why is it, when I view last post by soandso, I reach the first post?!?
I guess it's the same thing, that msp already mentioned... but it's annoying as hell.

ETA: How could I forget this?

Loungelady, I'm begging you: please ban the trolls!!!

+Quote Post
msp
post Sep 25 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #228

Hardcore BUSTie

When I try to go to "first unread post" it takes me back to April. I have been away for awhile (since April, presumably), but I tried an experiment - I actually "read" through a thread from April until today. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 21 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #229

Pacifism kicks ass!

Well, it looks like the Lounge Lady logged in on Bust just a few hours ago. However, Working Girls is still clogged with spam threads that have been on here for days. What's the deal? Why haven't these things been deleted?

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 20 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #230

it's cards on the table time

Loungelady,
Could you please clear away the pics posted in the perilous position of choice thread?
Thanks.

(Alliteration above is unintentional!)

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Sep 20 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #231

Hardcore BUSTie

cross-posted with community forum:

there are WAY more spam threads with the new software than with the old. why is that? and why do so many of them end up in working grrls? is this software vulnerable to digital trolling in a way that the old one wasn't? maybe our old lounge software was just so archaic that spammers didn't think backwards old ladies like us were worth it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Sep 19 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #232

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(turbojenn @ Aug 23 2006, 08:58 AM) *
I don't know if there are similar mods for invision software, but its an idea that might be worth looking into to minimize moderator cleanup time. cool.gif

It's fairly easy to do with invision - no mod installation needed! It's a multi-step process, though:

1) Create a new permissions mask called "New Members" based off of the "Members" permissions mask.
2) Edit the permissions for "New Members" (in the permission mask management part, not in the topic part) so that "New Members" cannot start topics.
3) Create a new user group called "Advanced Members" based off of the "Members" user group.
4) Edit the "Members" user group so that instead of having the "Members" permission mask, it has the "New Members" permission mask AND (at the very bottom of the configuration page) that after [x] posts (say 10 posts) it automatically upgrades users to "Advanced Members".

That's it!

QUOTE(sixelacat @ Aug 24 2006, 04:35 AM) *

pssst....msp....if you click on the forum title in the pink leopard strip at the top you'll get a drop-down box with the option of "mark forum as read and return to board index"

You can also mark forums as read on the main page by clicking on the graphic on the lefthand side of the page.

And, uh, if people have random-y questions about the forum software that nobody knows the answer to ... someone poke me here and I'll try to answer 'em. I'm about to enter my fourth year (omg!) as an Invision admin, so I know waaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much about the software.

And one of these days, the inability to use the go to last functionality is going to make me actually go poke at *my* forum to try to fix it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 14 2006, 06:39 AM
Post #233

PANTIES! ew.

I just assumed that Loungelady is either Debbie/Celina or someone else in the office, but I don't know for sure.

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Sep 11 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #234

Hardcore BUSTie

So I'm a bit confused--is the Loungelady a moderator of sorts? I'd hope so. (By which I mean "Do we finally have a moderator--please, please, please?")

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Sep 7 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #235

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I could never get it to work!...maybe that's a good thing- something to keep me on Bust more than I already am? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 7 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #236

it's cards on the table time

Seconding the revival of the live chat function, please! I never got to use it the first time around... I was too shy. smile.gif

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 7 2006, 05:33 AM
Post #237

PANTIES! ew.

QUOTE(LoungeLady @ Aug 22 2006, 09:39 PM) *

we're working on the announcement thing, promise....

So where is it? The welcome wagon needs to be retired.

I am so sick of seeing duplicate threads from new people who DON'T EVEN BOTHER to see how we operate here. Grr!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 5 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #238

sassygrrl

Thanks for the cleanup Lounge Lady! You rock!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Sep 5 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #239

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Thanks for the clean-up, Lounge Lady! smile.gif

cross-posted....

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 4 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #240

PANTIES! ew.

Oh yeah, the little chat box! That was the shiznit, fo' shizzle it was.

I say ban the fuckers.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 03:33 AM