Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
melis19750
post Jul 15 2008, 09:49 AM
Post #1401

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Jul 15 2008, 04:39 AM) *
Thanks for posting Jennifer.

I'm thrilled Fem-D is making such a positive difference for so many people!

Do you think the Rephresh is helping the Fem-D capsules break down? And the clumpy discharge you're getting has anything to do with that?

I'm asking because some people have tried the product vaginally, and have had problems with it not breaking down completely.

Thanks again.

I think rephresh causes that sort of discharge
i used it once and it did that to me
but i also had an allergic reaction to repHresh
and it made my vagina swollen...
so i am one who can't use it

I just stick with Fem D
its an amazing product!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 15 2008, 03:22 AM
Post #1402

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(missjennieb @ Jul 14 2008, 03:53 PM) *
So right after my last period, I used rePhresh and inserted 2 caps of FemD in my vagina. Every night I insert another FemD in and every 3 days I use rePhresh. It's been 2 weeks since I've started this regimen and there's no odor, nasty discharge or irritation! The clumpy discharge from the RePhresh is kind of gross, but I'd rather have this than BV hell. I will make an appointment with the gyno to really make sure that I am BV free.

Just wanted to give some positive info for all you hopefuls out there. Don't get discouraged!

~Jennifer

Thanks for posting Jennifer.

I'm thrilled Fem-D is making such a positive difference for so many people!

Do you think the Rephresh is helping the Fem-D capsules break down? And the clumpy discharge you're getting has anything to do with that?

I'm asking because some people have tried the product vaginally, and have had problems with it not breaking down completely.

Thanks again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missjennieb
post Jul 14 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #1403

Hi ladies.. I've been a lurker of this site for over 2 years now (been battling BV for longer than that), and finally thought I should post something. I too have gone through the hell of gyno visits and everytime the doctor would just prescribe me another antibiotic. Eventually my body learned to reject the antibiotics. It practically ruined my relationship with my now ex-bf. I lost my libido, because everytime we had sex I would be in excruciating pain, and the smell was unbearable.

So right after my last period, I used rePhresh and inserted 2 caps of FemD in my vagina. Every night I insert another FemD in and every 3 days I use rePhresh. It's been 2 weeks since I've started this regimen and there's no odor, nasty discharge or irritation! The clumpy discharge from the RePhresh is kind of gross, but I'd rather have this than BV hell. I will make an appointment with the gyno to really make sure that I am BV free.

Just wanted to give some positive info for all you hopefuls out there. Don't get discouraged!

~Jennifer

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jul 14 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #1404

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Jul 1 2008, 02:20 PM) *
I've been on FemD for about 5 months with no infection. smile.gif Went to the beach for a week last week and took 2 a day because who knows what kind of bacteria is floating around in that water. My girl feels good after 5 months on that stuff! yay!

I've also stopped wearing thongs daily (a hard habit to break) and don't wear underwear whenever I can (which is actually kinda nice). smile.gif

It took me two courses of MetroGel along with the FemD to get rid of it in January, but I've been good ever since. smile.gif

Good luck!

carriebradshaw

hi hon!
what do you mean it took two courses of metrogel? how many days is that? i'm on it right now and the doc says 10 day but i've been doing research and some people are prescribed 14 days. i just want to get rid of this nasty thing once and for all! please reply asap!!! tonight will be the 10th day and i don't know if i should do more

also, did you experience toilet paper clumps, clumpy discharge? if you did, how long does it take to go away after the last dose?

thanks in advance

sooo sad

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 14 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #1405

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Jul 14 2008, 09:11 AM) *
Hey, haven't been here in a while. That's a good thing. I just wanted to share with the board what's been working for me so far. I took Jewelscando's advice and bought the 00 gelcaps and filled halfway with tea tree oil. I insert one after having my period and one after sex usually. After, I get this thick, toilet-papery stuff like one gets after using Rephresh. It smells of tea tree oil, not BV odor. I leave it there for a day or so to work its magic, then scoop it out every day while in the shower. In fact, I found another blog where a woman suggested "scooping out your vagina with your finger" every day while in the shower. I do that now and I must say I haven't been having problems. I guess getting rid of the thick stuff that hangs around keeps me in check. I guess when you leave that in there is when your body's good stuff can't fight the bad stuff. Some days there's very, very little to clean out, no itching, no excess discharge, no smell......so I guess it's working. God, I hope I didn't just jinx myself. rolleyes.gif Oh, and I do take probiotics and eat yogurt religiously. I couldn't afford to keep up with the FemD habit (what with gas prices, right?). I bought a less expensive, refrigerated probiotic from the health food store that isn't specifically for the vaginal tract. Something's working for me, yay! Keep your fingers crossed, 'kay?

Please be CAREFUl with tea tree oil everyone!

I will tell you why. Several years ago after seeing my OBGYN I was diagnosed with a mild yeast infection... and instead of using Diflucan or a yeast med... or even boric acid, I decided to use tea Tree Oil instead. I only used a few drops of it... diluted of course for inside my vagina. I only used it for 3 days. So not very long.
However, instead of treating my yeast infection the Tea Tree oil ended up causing another bacterial infection to grow.
Yes thats right... it made a "normal" bacteria inside of my vagina grow out of wack causing an infection.
In which case I had to go back to the Gyn... and she had to put me on CIPRO for 2 weeks because of this.
I caution you all... please DO NOT use TEA TREE OIL for anything INTERNAL unless directed by a PHYSICIAN!

it even states this on all tea tree oil bottles...= "not for internal use"

I just wanted to warn you.

I think your safer with boric acid!

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Jul 14 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #1406

BUSTie

Hey, haven't been here in a while. That's a good thing. I just wanted to share with the board what's been working for me so far. I took Jewelscando's advice and bought the 00 gelcaps and filled halfway with tea tree oil. I insert one after having my period and one after sex usually. After, I get this thick, toilet-papery stuff like one gets after using Rephresh. It smells of tea tree oil, not BV odor. I leave it there for a day or so to work its magic, then scoop it out every day while in the shower. In fact, I found another blog where a woman suggested "scooping out your vagina with your finger" every day while in the shower. I do that now and I must say I haven't been having problems. I guess getting rid of the thick stuff that hangs around keeps me in check. I guess when you leave that in there is when your body's good stuff can't fight the bad stuff. Some days there's very, very little to clean out, no itching, no excess discharge, no smell......so I guess it's working. God, I hope I didn't just jinx myself. rolleyes.gif Oh, and I do take probiotics and eat yogurt religiously. I couldn't afford to keep up with the FemD habit (what with gas prices, right?). I bought a less expensive, refrigerated probiotic from the health food store that isn't specifically for the vaginal tract. Something's working for me, yay! Keep your fingers crossed, 'kay?

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 13 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #1407

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Jul 13 2008, 08:54 PM) *
question for clindesse users

Almost 2 weeks ago (July 1st, tuesday) I used Clindesse at bedtime. I have been having this weird discharge ever since (definitely not the BV stuff I am used to). It's gross, clumpy, almost solid (not like a rock but hopefully you know what I mean). It seems to have improved a little bit, but I don't remember it being around this long before!

I had an appointment with my doctor on July 10th. It was a follow up and I said I had a weird discharge. He looked, and said it was still the Clindesse. I asked if it was normal for it to stick around that long, and he said it usually does for a week or so. It is now July 13th, and it is still there (has almost been 2 weeks). It seems to be thinning out a little bit, but I'm concerned it might be a yeast infection. There is no odor, some itching, but it's minimal.

I know there are some lousy doctors out there, but do you think it was possible for my obgyn to look at me and say it was Clindesse left over, and not see a yeast infection? Do they look that similar? Does anyone that has been on Clindesse know what I am talking about? I just want a normal body again!

It could be the med... some of them do that
it could be yeast

I would go back and demand for a genital culture
or if you can switch to a new gyn and ask to get a culture done.

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jul 13 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #1408

BUSTie

question for clindesse users

Almost 2 weeks ago (July 1st, tuesday) I used Clindesse at bedtime. I have been having this weird discharge ever since (definitely not the BV stuff I am used to). It's gross, clumpy, almost solid (not like a rock but hopefully you know what I mean). It seems to have improved a little bit, but I don't remember it being around this long before!

I had an appointment with my doctor on July 10th. It was a follow up and I said I had a weird discharge. He looked, and said it was still the Clindesse. I asked if it was normal for it to stick around that long, and he said it usually does for a week or so. It is now July 13th, and it is still there (has almost been 2 weeks). It seems to be thinning out a little bit, but I'm concerned it might be a yeast infection. There is no odor, some itching, but it's minimal.

I know there are some lousy doctors out there, but do you think it was possible for my obgyn to look at me and say it was Clindesse left over, and not see a yeast infection? Do they look that similar? Does anyone that has been on Clindesse know what I am talking about? I just want a normal body again!

+Quote Post
searpr
post Jul 13 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #1409

Has anyone tried the 2 FemD twice a day vaginally like the doctor that invented it mentioned in his presentation? I seem to remember something like an 80% cure rate, but that he said they couldn't advertise it because the FDA hadn't approved it.

http://www.jarrow.com/Dr-Reid-8

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 12 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #1410

Hardcore BUSTie

New warning about Cipro and other fluoroquinolones:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Germs/story?i...6479&page=1

These aren't typically antibiotics used for BV, but can be prescribed for other types of vaginal infections, UTI, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 11 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #1411

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 7 2008, 10:30 PM) *
so im trying one femdophilus pill vaginally tonight. I once had a BAD reaction to Gyn-na-tryn
vaginal pro biotic

I've tried Gy-natren. Awful, awful stuff. In fact, the whole reason I joined this group in the first place is to warn people away from it, and also spread the good Fem-dophilus word.

From my blog:
Gy-Natren (Natren)
  • Description: 14 oral & 14 vaginal capsules
  • Where to Buy / Cost: $25 at Whole Foods (refrigerated)
  • Pros: designed specifically for healthy vaginal flora
  • Cons: one member's results were severe discomfort and irritation; recently cited by FDA - not yet proven safe for vaginal use
  • Conclusion: Not recommended

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 11 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #1412

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 11 2008, 05:29 PM) *
so if I can suggest anything
TAKE FEMDOPHILUS
I believe its what got me back on track

Sing it, sister!

--------------------

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 11 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #1413

Hardcore BUSTie

Doctors appointment went GREAT!!

Okay everyone so I have some good news.

I went to my OBGYN today... not the NP-
Id rather see my MD anyway... my NP always "over treats" me with anti-biotics

anyhow
so she did a vaginal whiff test (KOH)
and negative- no yucky smell
she also did a pH test... pH is NORMAL
and she swabbed me and looked under the micro scope
everything looks GREAT and clear
and well.. Im ovulating she said
which explains the extra discharge
she also said my discharge is probably YELLOW due to my multi vitamins

anyhow she did a few cultures
one for anaerobic and aerobic bacteria
one just for BV (its a newer culture that only tests for BV)
One for YEAST
and ONE specifically for group B strep
just to be 100% sure

I love her!!!

but we both think that Im good

she thinks point blank the femdophilus is what helped

Im also taking Femanol (for the past 4 days)
and femdophilus going on 2 weeks now

as well as a good multi vitamin called "immuplex" by "standard process"
and Catalyn by "standard process"

they are "whole foods vitamins" but not for vegans as they are made from animals and plants

I also have been drinking 100% pure cranberry juice
and eating NON FAT plain yogurt -which only has 9 grams of sugar (way less than activia)
I add stevia, cinnamon, and some flax seeds to my yogurt to make it taste better

so if I can suggest anything
TAKE FEMDOPHILUS
I believe its what got me back on track

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 11 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #1414

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Girl, frustrated @ Jul 11 2008, 11:17 AM) *
Vitamin D3 (1600 mg)
Magnesium Citrate
FloraGen3
Activia yogurt

here are the core items she swears by....

activa yogurt has A LOT of sugar.
so Id prefer a non fat or low fat yogurt with active cultures that does not have so much sugar in it.

Vitamin D3 is also produced from the sun... if you get about 30 min of sun every day... you will get that naturally

flora gen 3 is a pro biotic

and Magnesium Citrate is basically Magnesium- people with kidney conditions should not take it without the advise of a doctor..

many people use MC if they have vulvodynia from what my doctor told me...
not sure why
but ill research

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jul 11 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #1415

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Girl, frustrated @ Jul 11 2008, 12:17 PM) *
Vitamin D3 (1600 mg)
Magnesium Citrate
FloraGen3
Activia yogurt

wait wait wait.... magnesium citrate????!! That's a laxative right? little glass bottle? Wooo I've got stories about that stuff. Geez. How has that helped her with BV/yeast, etc.?

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
Girl, frustrated
post Jul 11 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #1416

BUSTie

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 11 2008, 10:32 AM) *
hi Girl frustrated...
can you give us a list of the herbals/suppliments/etc that your sister uses?
Maybe we can try them or evaluate their success???

Vitamin D3 (1600 mg)
Magnesium Citrate
FloraGen3
Activia yogurt

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 11 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #1417

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Girl, frustrated @ Jul 11 2008, 08:46 AM) *
hey girls...well, i just got treated for the yeast infection (one day pill...diflucan? sp?). anyway, i think my bv is getting better. but until when? until after my period next week when it comes back with a vengence? i am trying a new herbal lineup of drugs. my sister who has had problems with bv/yeast/chronic fatique and pain has completely revolutionized her life by adding certain vitamin/herbal supplements. i don't know...there must be an answer somewhere. doctors perform brain surgery, successfully treat cancer, do heart transplants...you mean to tell me...they can't fix my vagina???? sad.gif

hi Girl frustrated...
can you give us a list of the herbals/suppliments/etc that your sister uses?
Maybe we can try them or evaluate their success???

+Quote Post
Girl, frustrated
post Jul 11 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #1418

BUSTie

hey girls...well, i just got treated for the yeast infection (one day pill...diflucan? sp?). anyway, i think my bv is getting better. but until when? until after my period next week when it comes back with a vengence? i am trying a new herbal lineup of drugs. my sister who has had problems with bv/yeast/chronic fatique and pain has completely revolutionized her life by adding certain vitamin/herbal supplements. i don't know...there must be an answer somewhere. doctors perform brain surgery, successfully treat cancer, do heart transplants...you mean to tell me...they can't fix my vagina???? sad.gif

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 10 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #1419

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(tabby @ Apr 9 2008, 09:32 AM) *
Hello Ladies,

I return here after a lengthy absence with a heavy heart.

Last year I began a battle with chronic BV. Pelvic achiness, wretched smell, itching (mild), but the worst of all....the continual BURNING. Burning when I sit, walk, pee...and I literally lost my mind. The doctors I saw, gave up on me and suggested I start taking an antidepressant instead of worrying about my vagina.

I was on every pill and remedy listed throughout many posts on the thread. I don't know what happened. After three straight months of burning, I had a nervous breakdown one night, cried, threw things, and woke up the next day and it was gone. I have NO idea what made it go but it was just gone....until it came back in February this year. Same symptoms, same burning.

Took a worthless trip to the doctor to get flagyl. I knew that the infection was so far gone, I needed something because I felt some chills.

Well, this time the flagyl did nada, but take the chills away. In fact, the burning increased while on the medicine! And so did the yellowish to clear discharge. After being on 1000 mg a day of this, and feeling sick - you know that feeling flagyl gives you....I decided to try Pau d' arco tea, goldenseal, and oil of oregano. Still, no improvement.

I have two questions, if you all do not mind?

Does anyone else here have that horrible burning?

Does this candigen /genestra stuff work for anyone?

I am really short on cash, and I just can't plop down more money on something that's not going to work.

I'm seeing something new about Reuteri. I called every single HFS in town and no one seems to know what it is!

- sign me, desperate as hell, pissed off, and tired of not being able to be intimate with my husband

***thank you in advance***

did they do a culture on you? It could even be a heavy over growth of group b strep.... the BV meds can cause this. i have had GBS overgrowth several times....

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 10 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #1420

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(MedicallyPissed08 @ Jul 10 2008, 05:27 PM) *
Hey all,

I'm new to bust.com, started reading this board yesterday (which is, by the way, a godsend) while googling "fishy smell" haha...

First a big THANK YOU to everyone who takes the time to post, everyone's busy these days and it's just good to see people helping people.

My sitch: I've never had an std, or even a yeast infection for that matter (weird, huh?). I'm 22, sexually active (faithfully though) and for the first time ever I think there's something wrong. unsure.gif I read through this board a lot yesterday and see there are about a million things you can try to treat this. Just thought I would apprise you guys of what I'm going to try (starting today) and then let you know what did/didn't work for me.

My scrip: I'm running to Henry's today to pick up that Femdophilus stuff (orally, thanks to all your suggestions). I ordered Femanol this afternoon (and cannot find ANYONE who's tried it, not even a "real" review) and am praying it does what they say it does.

Do you think the Fem-d will work by itself?

I hate taking antibiotics (I had MRSA four years ago -- it's a staph [skin] infection [looked like a little bug-bite on my knee] that's more resistant to antiobiotics, therefore all antibiotics I ever take now have to be in a different [more potent?] "class" or whatever),

and I don't have health insurance. I am going to Planned Parenthood tomorrow to make sure it IS b.v., but I don't think there's any mistaking this smell... it's absolutely mortifying. Will post how it goes.

I just got femanol last night.. i ordered it a few days ago. So, Im on my second pill! we will see what happens...
Ill post back and keep you updated.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 69 70 71 72 73 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 08:21 PM