The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mirror, mirror on the wall...the cosmetic surgery/procedure thread
tatina
post Jun 30 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #21

No ingrown hairs here, so far... But yes, I am doing Botox and fillers since two years and I absolutely love it.
As far as lipo is concerned: Naaa. Some of my girlfriends had it done and they look better in clothes - but in a bikini you see lots of bumbs and saggy skin. Plus it's one of the riskier procedures. I am not against it - I don't live in other women's skin and have no right to judge - but it is something I would research well before doing it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beauty
post Jun 29 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #22

hey girls,
i had ingrown problems too. red dots everywhere...
i found this pfb lotion on google and decided to use it. what do i have to lose right..it worked!!! one bottle is $20. i can use one bottle for about 8 months. no more razor bumps or ingrown hair. hope this would work for you too. i will post pic my leg later. i took them before and after. http://www.pfbvanish.com/

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jun 11 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #23

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Great reading rose! I am definitely thinking about it now. But I will probably wait until fall. Must make sure Mr. P gets a good teaching job before I embark on expensive cosmetic things. But then again, I do have my equity check from Mr. Dust. That is what I used to pay for my biogenie. Mr. P let's me use it each month for something frivolous or cosmetic...a back rub,manicure whatever. Kind of in a twisted way, repairing the damage to the phychy the divorce inflicted.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 11 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #24

ingrown hairs all over the bikini line, though it's more like itchy red bumps a day or two after shaving that keep me from being able to shave again until the hair is noticably grown back in. makes going to the beach or pool more than two days in a row a no go.
and all over my legs, calves, knees, thighs. even where i don't shave at all like my upper outter thighs and butt. the hairs there are so super fine and invisible that i think they get friction rubbed off by my clothing and leave teensy little rough patches of wee bumps. not nice at all. but not super welty super red like what you're describing so maybe i have it as bad but in a different way. i hate it so much. exfoliating seems to help me but it isn't a cure.
i don't know about under the arm because i just don't shave there at all. trim, yes, but that skin looks really weird to me naked.
that link to laser hair removal was really great, thanks for that. 6-8 times though, yikes! that is a LOT of money. guess it's worth it though, imagine not having to shave and suffer ever again!

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Jun 11 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

i have the same problem with pale skin + dark hair - pointless to shave.

i get some ingrowns around the bikini line.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jun 11 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #26

Pacifism kicks ass!

Pepper, where do you get the in-grown hairs on your legs? Mine are mainly on the inside of my calves. I get them other places, too, but it's especially bad there. I remember one time I was hanging out with my BestGalPal & I sat on the floor cross-legged, exposing my poor inner calves ... upon seeing them, she exclaimed, "Carnage!!" I had awful red bumps and scabs all over. It's that bad. And I try exfoliating & everything, but nothing seems to work. Even if I don't shave my legs for months, I'll still get these nasty things.

Another annoying thing. I have ultra-pale skin & dark hair. Even if I shave, it still looks like I haven't because you can see the roots of my hair through my skin. I am that translucent. So if I don't have red bumps on my legs, I still have black polkadots. Infuriating!

I found this FAQ about laser hair removal. Interesting read.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 10 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #27

you can get lipo anywhere as far as i know But after my girlfriend had what was considered a successful session of it that left her with scars and a lumpy ass i wouldn't recommend it. seriously, she was better off before.
And another girlfriend had a boob lift that left her chronic back and neck pain. they actually shorten some of the muscles in your chest to do the lift and the referred pain can be quite intense and never goes away.
just my two cents there.
botox, oh yes i will please. a clinic recently opened up in my town and they're getting a pretty good reputation. i'm checking them out.
ditto laser hair removal. when i have the money you betcher butt i'm going. i get wretched ingrowns too. legs, bikini, knees especially. i love summer but the shaving and/or waxing is a painful and useless ordeal for me.
and if there is anything, ANYTHING that i find that works for shrinking my big pores i will endure any kind of pain and gladly shell out the dough for it.

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Jun 10 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

i am scheduled for a consult this week. i will keep you posted!

pixie, your MIL is just on the annuity plan! she probably doesn't even realise that her constant dieting and exercise equipment are really signs of the same kind of vanity.

i admit it, i am "vain". i'll probably get botoxed when the time presents itself, and if i had the money, i'd get some liposuction on my lower half and maybe a boob lift.

can you get lipo on arms?

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jun 10 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #29

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I was thinking about that too. I've stopped my biogenie for now. It worked wonders on my cellulite, and it definitely reshaped my fat areas, but it didn't help me lose weight or a significant amount of inches..just kind of compacted the fat I already had. It's not a bad effect. My legs look great for being heavy..no saggy skin or cellulite dimples...but I decided to wait until I lose a significant amount of weight to do it again.

I would LOVE to have my underarm hair permanently removed. If anyone gets brave, I'd love to hear if it works.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jun 10 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #30

Pacifism kicks ass!

I'm interested in this too, MissPissed, but mainly for my legs. I get horrific, painful in-grown hairs on my calves & I'm so sick of it that I'd love to just get rid of my hair permanently and be done with it!

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Jun 10 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

has anyone had laser hair removal? i've been thinking about it, esp for my underarms and bikini line.

any info is greatly appreciated!!

thanks for the bump, tyger :-)

+Quote Post
cstars124
post Jun 2 2006, 07:13 AM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

pixie, it's called re-fine stretch mark smoother and it's onlt $12.50 from avon, which isn't that bad cause the bottle is a decent size. And it really does work...

you can find it if you go to www.avon.com and search for "stretch marks"

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jun 1 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

bumpy bump for misspissed, with a laser hair removal inquiry

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 22, 2014 - 07:43 PM