7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Resolution...
stargazer
post Dec 9 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #21

brown delicious

Sorry for the double post.

I'm *SO* ready for 2009 to be over with. I gained alot of clarity in my life this past year. I feel like I've been able to narrow things down for myself and things are moving in a good way with my life. I was able to identify what I want to work on this year.

1) Better listener
2) Make my own needs a priority
3) Proactive in my career
4) Open to meeting new people and dating
5) Accept & Appreciate myself

I kinda like posting these here 'cause it feels cathartic. I'm just putting this stuff out into the universe and I will see what will happen. It is a great way to motivate myself by posting here. smile.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 5 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #22

brown delicious

bump

It is the beginning of December and I wonder if anyone else has started thinking about new year resolutions. I think I spoke with someone recently, a Bustie I'm sure, about wanting to rename new year resolutions as intentions for the new year. Something with a positive approach which will encourage me in making changes in the new year.

I'll probably write more as my intentions for 2010 become clearer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 19 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #23

it's cards on the table time

I have never had a car and never felt the loss, but then I've been living in medium to large sized European cities since I was 19. I see my mister stress over parking, insurance costs and being the designated driver, and I remain happy to be car-free (although it is unfair he is always the designated!)

My resolution is to stay off of the cigarettes. I already feel so much better and it's only been a week.

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Sep 18 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

My resolution was to save money, and we did, but then we spent it on a bunch of stuff. We've started saving again though, so I'm not counting it as a total fail.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 18 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #25

Pacifism kicks ass!

That's impressive! It would be REALLY hard for me to go car-less. Luckily, I don't use my car too much as it is (only 12,000 miles in the last 3 years).

Would anyone like to give an up-date on their resolutions? I met my more important points. We put a lot more money into savings. Now we have a cushion that we could live on for 7 or 8 months if we had to. Also I continued to lose weight. I reached my goal weight a few months ago & I've managed to keep it off.

There's still more I can do, so I'm keeping up with the resolutions.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 18 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #26

(o)(o)

Oooh going car-less!! I couldn't do it, this city does not allow for that, at least easily.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
zoya
post Sep 15 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #27

uh huh.

persiflager - good for you!! I have not had a car for 2 years now, and it's been great. Granted, I live in a city where it's pretty easy not to have a car (as do you) but still...

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 15 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

Mumblestutter, I've driven it about twice in the past year and I have to keep it at my parents' house, so I should really have managed before! Shameful rolleyes.gif

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
mumblestutter
post Sep 14 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

going car-less persi? congratulations on taking the plunge smile.gif i wish i could do the same. maybe some day...

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 9 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

Hurrah, I've finally got a reason to bump this thread!

After an emotional road trip last week, when I finally confronted my deep love for my car, I got my ovaries in gear and made the final decision. The car is taxed, insured and going for its MOT this week, and will go on sale this weekend.

I feel a great sense of relief.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 8 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, baby steps! I've ordered the parking vouchers so that I can bring my car over from my parents for a couple of weeks and sell it. Next step is insurance, then road tax, then fetching, then selling!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Apr 3 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

baby steps are good! i'm working on a few of those myself...

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Apr 3 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

Progress on resolutions:

- after a rocky start to the year, I lost 5lbs during the month of March. That's even despite a week of gluttony in Seattle. woohoo!

Other than that I got nuthin'. Baby steps, OK?

congrats to all of you with great resolve! good luck on further progress!

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Apr 1 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #34

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I've managed to keep in touch with several people I befriended last fall, even visited a few recently.

I've sent off my resume to several companies and I think one might be hiring me, but I still have to keep applying in the hopes something will turn up.

And I might have come to a decision about AZ Guy, even though it is painful.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 25 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #35

brown delicious

i'm sucking on the being on time or at least 15 minutes early thing. shite.

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 25 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #36

(o)(o)

I'm doing pretty good with my instant gratification with men issues.

As for the training, it's still going, BUT there are other issues surrounding that.

My spending is much more in check.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Mar 18 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

I was originaly gonna get a new certificate but have decided to just go for the EdD degree since it will take 5 years going to school part time. I am trying to see if the program I really want to do will be approved by my district which means I can get some reimbursement. If not I have two other programs in mind.

I have two more presentations which I am hoping will lead to some consulting gigs and will try to get one more. I am hoping to get the tattoo for my wedding anniversary and have realized that these things will just take time and I am not gonna beat myself up for not making arbitrary deadlines.

good luck to alll!

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Mar 17 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

Don't worry Christine, my car remains as unsold as ever! I think it's going to have to wait until I have some time off work next month.

On the plus side, the crisps have now been banished forever, I'm being more sociable with my housemates, and I'm making much shorter 'to do' lists for my free time.

My new resolution is to get up earlier in the morning but use the time for myself instead of going into the office early.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 17 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

My newest resolution is to stop driving to work so much. Over the summer and in the fall I bussed most of the time, but once the weather got below -20 I got lazy and drove pretty much for three months straight. I started taking the bus again this week and it's so nice to walk through the neighbourhood I work in and the weather is beautiful. No more excuses.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
tankgirl
post Mar 16 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

So, I didn't post my original resolutions in this thread but I am doing good on mine.

I have been to the social security office twice, both time waiting for an hour with a knot in my stomach trying to get my replacement social security card. And just let me add a knot in my stomach is good, last year when I went and got denied I cried right in the office! Last week I finally got approved and today I received it in the mail! So, my next step (and different resolution) is to get my state ID, then Drivers license.

I also haven't bought any canned beans in 2009. I eat a lot of beans too, I am only buying dry and soaking etc.

I finally sucked it up and bought a multivitamin and have been taking it everyday. That's a huge step for me, because vitamins hurt my stomach and there is only one kind that doesn't and it is very expensive so I am never motivated to get it because of that. But I sort of had to when I went to the HFS and they were 20% off!

I still haven't bought any clothes that fit me or a bike. I have applied for an internship but I haven't gone for any interviews. I still need to work on my resume.

This is the first time I have taken a resolution and ran with it. It helped that all mine were small things that NEEDED to be done.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 06:51 AM