The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 84 85 86 87 88 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
pepper
post Sep 11 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #1701

oh maude, *trying so hard not to laugh at the unfortunate woman*. oh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Sep 11 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #1702

Hardcore BUSTie

This is not so much a fashion crime as a fashion pitfall.

Attractive, curvy young lady wearing those GIGANTIC sunglasses, cami top and cute flippy skirt. She looked fine, except...

Her cute flippy skirt was tucked under her backpack, baring her ENTIRE ASS, as she either wore a tiny thong or no undies at all. She was walking in front of a large crowd of people, including women, NONE of whom seemed inclined to clue her in, so I ran across campus and practically tackled her to gasp out "Your skirt *pant* tucked *pant* in backpack!" Luckily, I caught her right before she entered the student center.
The worst part was all of the men, including an elderly professor (yuck!) who just stopped and stared. It made me feel yucky, and they weren't even looking at me.

Isn't it common courtesy for women to tell each other when skirts are tucked up? I always thought so. Geesh, what's wrong with people?

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Sep 11 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #1703

BUSTie

I walked behind an older woman today (mid 60s or so) who's hair was, uh, distracting.

The top and sides were ratted up and sprayed like she alone was in charge of depleting the ozone layer. She really did look like the Heatmiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_Miser

But the back was styled duck-butt greaser style, and it was extra frosted. It looked like she had an ass on the back of her head. Seriously.

If she hadn't held the door open for me, I would have surely walked into it (not through) I was that entranced.

Hey! She's the original butt-head!

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Sep 11 2006, 04:35 AM
Post #1704

Hardcore BUSTie

I did bunnyb, didn't he say something like "At the time of the alleged rape I was busy having consensual sex with witnesses".

Dirty horrible man. Yuck.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Sep 10 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #1705

Hardcore BUSTie

My neighbor wins the "fashion don't of the day" because he wears...nothing! (When he's sleeping. With the door open.)

Not that there's anything wrong with sleeping nude, of course, but I really don't like being flashed at 8 am. (At least wait until I've had my coffee.)

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Sep 10 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #1706

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Ugh, Russell Brand is one seriously ugly dude.

I have an uncle who doesn't have a lot of hair on the top of head (okay, close to none). After years and years of doing the combover (which looked really bad), he finally decided that he was just going to wear it in a ponytail and grew his beard out to boot. Now I think he looks like a mountain man/aging hippie, but at least it's better than the stupid combover.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Sep 10 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #1707

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 10 2006, 01:32 PM) *

The chatty guy sitting next to me owned his baldness & I was cool with that. But. BUT. He was working the "fringe" & instead of combing it down, he combed it up & fluffed it up. It was like, a greasy Bozo the clown look.

My grandfather used to make me comb his hair up like that all the time and then prompt me to say who he was supposed to look like, which was Bozo.

Nowadays he has even less hair, but for a while he was determined to grow a ponytail after my aunt mentioned that it would make him look cool (I think she was just messing with him). For the longest time he had this incredibly ratty, fluffy, frazzled looking white "ponytail" all fly-away on the back of his neck. My grandmother was always threatening to cut it off in his sleep. It took him 2 years before he finally gave up on it.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 10 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #1708

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Did you read that he was interviewed ove rape allegations and "smirked" the entire time? His colleague/assistant type was charged in end.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mornington
post Sep 10 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #1709

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

I have a fear of Russel Brand. He was naked in yesterday's guardian and I was very, very afraid. Plus, he dresses silly.

On the tube... couldn't work out if she was doing the walk of shame or preparing for a night out - it was about three in the afternoon. She was in her thirties, big pile of blonde hair heaped on top of her head, strapless tartan mini-dress with pouffy skirt that a) she didn't have the legs for, cool.gif she didn't have the boobs for and she looked both flat and saggy, and finally, c) emphasised all her wobbly bits. She had bad shoes on too - over diamanted mules with super-shiny silver heel. The worst bit was that she could have been quite good-looking if her clothes fit and suited her.

Everyone stared. Fascinating.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 10 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #1710

oh ugh.

yesterday i saw a strange outfit.
darkish kind of loafer runner things, ratty, laces undone.
limey-mossy green swingy fabric gauchos.
weird homemade top. two triangles of fabric, pointy side down, assymetrically placed, one white the other pink, across the boobs tied in the back. the seam part was messy and pulling, sort of moving around, and the boobs were squashed flat On The Top.
not terrible or anything, just Bad.
i ask myself "why?"

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 10 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #1711

Big Fat Bitch

This was just depressing. Last night I went to a gogo show at a local hipster bar. There were a *lot* of older guys. The chatty guy sitting next to me owned his baldness & I was cool with that. But. BUT. He was working the "fringe" & instead of combing it down, he combed it up & fluffed it up. It was like, a greasy Bozo the clown look. Sadder than hell. I made nice-y nice, though.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
maimy
post Sep 7 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #1712

Hardcore BUSTie

Most Stylish Man ... ?

What, of 1995?

Sheesh.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Sep 7 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #1713

Hardcore BUSTie

Do any of you none UK busties know who russell brand? I'm not sure if he is just a curse upon the UK or his irritating shit has made its way overseas as well. And even for the UK busties I'm not sure if hes that famous. I don't know why he's famous. I only know who he is because for some reason I would always catch Big Brothers Big Mouth, which he presented.

Anyway, I was flipping through the sun newspaper and in the gossip section they named him "Most Stylish Man". This is the man who is more often than not, wearing the following:

White t-shirt
Black skinny tie and/or black waistcoat
Incredibly skinny sperm destroying black jeans.
Man Flip Flops which induce hatred even when not paired with aforementioned skinny jeans.

And he looks like this:

IPB Image

And that is a flattering photo. How in gods name did he get classed as stylish? Has the world gone mad??? I know this is The Sun, but I thought even they wouldn't be so blind/stupid/taking the piss.

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Sep 7 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #1714

Hardcore BUSTie

it makes me feel old that the stuff that was en vogue when i was in 5th/6th grade is coming back.
again.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 6 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #1715

ooh, blech.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Sep 6 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #1716

Hardcore BUSTie

Aural, speaking of inappropriate/doesn't work jewelry with necklines, can I say

VIRGINIA MADSEN:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...rty_camw121.jpg

????

Um. A gold necklace so thin it would disappear but for its shiny-ness ... and yet, so long it hangs between the breasticular landscaping ... which is poorly outlined with an ill-shaped neckline ... and no element of the black and purple dress which can justify, explain, or even invite skinny gold jewelry ...

I'm confused. Distracted as a crow, by that shiny little chain ... and terribly, terribly confused.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Sep 6 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #1717

Hardcore BUSTie

There is this woman who comes into my work all the time who has to be in her late 30s, at least, and she always dresses like she's 13. Or rather, she looks like I did when I was 13... I don't even think today's 7th graders dress that way anymore.

Today:
ringer tee with some "character" of some sort, no bra, tucked into flared jeans.
a brown belt and black stacked-heel shoes
eyeliner and body glitter on her eyelids
hair in princess leia buns.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Sep 6 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #1718

Dragon Velocity

Related petty peeve: Plastic pearls.
Worn with business ensemble.
Sometimes NOT even attempting to blend in with real-pearl wearers, but large enough to be "campy" as if to say "Yes these are fake!"

It almost goes in the wacky tie rebel category.

Boring, somewhat cheap office clothes with big plastic pearls.

Maybe only in Boston, prep, dowdy, class-war land, would anyone think of such a thing?

I can count the strands on the subway

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 6 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #1719

Big Fat Bitch

Naw, woman. I'm talking *intentionally* wacky tie guy. Young, single, cute wacky tie guy. I had this crush on a baker at the boulangerie. We became friends & when he got a corporate job, he became wacky tie guy. It was like, "I may suck the Man's dick for a living, but I'm still a rebel! Check out my Three Stooges tie! Tomorrow it's gonna be the Tazmanian Devil! I may work in a cubicle, but I'm irreverent & think outside of it!"

Tonight. GORGEOUS young woman. Chic, beautifully cut black trousers. Black, elaborately beaded, deep V halter. Big string of HIDEOUS, WHITE beads from Claires' or some shit. They didn't suit the neckline of the ensemble & clashed horribly. Had she gone with a simple pair of earrings all would have been good, but no.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
maimy
post Sep 5 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #1720

Hardcore BUSTie

I do forgive Wacky Tie Guy, because I like to believe that the ties come from well-meaning kids on father's day. And it does get THAT boring around the office sometimes.

Anyway, the micro machine tie doesn't actually sound THAT wacky. Unexpected - but nothing for tackiness, next to the bright pink tie with the bright kelly green hippoes on it I used to have to look at on at least a bi-monthly basis, in another department.

The only CoF I can keep on my mind today is the brutally overpowering perfume which gave me a migraine for several hours even after I left the building. And the woman who wears this stuff is SO very nice, I can't quite bring myself to bitch at her.

Thank Maud she is only a substitute for my "real" next-desk-neigbhor, who is very cool and never EVER wears perfume. Ever.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 23, 2014 - 08:18 AM