271 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
horror_movie
post Oct 17 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #621

BUSTie

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Oct 17 2009, 08:48 AM) *
Your doctor is actually right about the Group B Strep. About 25% of women carry GBS in their vaginal tract, or their rectum, although there are rarely any signs or symptoms; it's virtually harmless in adults. There are some cases were GBS can cause unusual discharge and bladder infections, which your doctor didn't mention. You can try making a case with your gynecologist and tell him/her this really bothers you.
Do you know what strain (or strains) of bacterial vaginosis your dealing with? That alone could change everything. Some strains are just more "stubborn," and require a different approach instead of the regular course of treatment. And ... the golden standard for maintaining vaginal health: continue your probiotic regimen.

No I don't know what strain(s) of bacteria vaginosis I have but I do know that that the odor and the discharge is driving me nuts.
How do you find out what strain of bacteria? I'm going make an appointment for obgyn on Monday morning.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Oct 17 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #622

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 16 2009, 11:34 PM) *
I went to my doctor to get my results and I found out that hormone level is good but I have strep B which i never had in my life and just finding out about it after 20 pap smears. I'm thinking its a relief now all I need is my meds to get rid of it. My doctor told me strep B don't have any symptoms only if you were pregnant and she not going give me anything to treat it. So I'm walking around with strep B in my vagina. She also have the nerves to say that vagina are not suppose to smell like roses shit b4 this bad bacteria end up in my vagina it actually smell like roses. Now it musty fishy and I'm tired of it and doctors who don't take my situation serious. My doctor needs to realizes I want to get better not get hook on meds. What should I do you all?

Your doctor is actually right about the Group B Strep. About 25% of women carry GBS in their vaginal tract, or their rectum, although there are rarely any signs or symptoms; it's virtually harmless in adults. There are some cases were GBS can cause unusual discharge and bladder infections, which your doctor didn't mention. You can try making a case with your gynecologist and tell him/her this really bothers you.
Do you know what strain (or strains) of bacterial vaginosis your dealing with? That alone could change everything. Some strains are just more "stubborn," and require a different approach instead of the regular course of treatment. And ... the golden standard for maintaining vaginal health: continue your probiotic regimen.

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 16 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #623

BUSTie

I went to my doctor to get my results and I found out that hormone level is good but I have strep B which i never had in my life and just finding out about it after 20 pap smears. I'm thinking its a relief now all I need is my meds to get rid of it. My doctor told me strep B don't have any symptoms only if you were pregnant and she not going give me anything to treat it. So I'm walking around with strep B in my vagina. She also have the nerves to say that vagina are not suppose to smell like roses shit b4 this bad bacteria end up in my vagina it actually smell like roses. Now it musty fishy and I'm tired of it and doctors who don't take my situation serious. My doctor needs to realizes I want to get better not get hook on meds. What should I do you all?

+Quote Post
yme
post Oct 12 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #624

BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Oct 9 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Update:

No more susieskinypants,
Well, the ciprofloxacin, didnít work the first time, so the Doctor gave me another Prescription for ten more days and some vag cream, I am sad to say it didnít workÖbut I did feel difference, like my whole insides felt like they were falling outÖI thinking the e coli was colonized.(really Bad)

Remember the doctor for many year thought I had BV, cause of the smell, and other symptoms..

Also Ladies I never went to the same doctors, I have learn though thisÖwhen the meds donít work for you, do not try natural remedies right awayÖ. go back to your doctor and be firm and tell Him to run more tests, even if you get nasty nurses, donít worry about what they think, make them do their job, I had to tell one of them I donít care if I getting on your nerves calling so much .I just want to get well..Do your jobÖ.any who..

Well, the doctor was stumped; he didnít understand why it didnít workÖ
So I remember a few years back, I went to the emergency room and they said I had a UTI and gave Bactrim, so I ask him for it, so he called it in..

Do you know by the second day, with a bedine douche, no smell,,

I am finished all meds..no smell..This week has been scary, I have smell bad for so long I keep think I smell something..but Its just me..
Ladies the smell and discharge is gone..Thank GOD!!

I hope this helps someone, Good Luck and NEVER give up!!

Oh that is great news, I am so happy for you I envy you right now I have BV 11 years strong and right this minute I smell like garbage I hate this so much it makes me want to cry. I cant give up I will figure something out. I hope this is it for you and I wish you well and dont be a stranger.

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Oct 11 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #625

Hardcore BUSTie

"Woe is me;" my other account got frozen, but I found this new product called Florajen. The product description says: "Florajen high potency acidophilus is especially effective for restoring and maintaining a healthy, comfortable balance of vaginal flora. It is also beneficial for overall intestinal health and strengthening the immune system (source)." It doesn't seem like a phony product since its exclusively sold in medical supply stores, and pharmacies, and I think it [could] be found in health food stores. I'm assuming from the positive reviews on Florajen that it could potentially be another great find. Does anyone here have any prior experiences using this product?

Swt Simplicity

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Oct 9 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #626

BUSTie

QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Aug 23 2009, 06:25 PM) *
BV for over 10 years... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ok..what I cant undersand is..the foul smelling discharge..when I am at work it is so bad that the whole front office smells this everday..I am so scared I going to get fired..I have tried everthing..you name itI tried it...But why is it so foul..sometimes fishy but foul..and the worse thing is everyone know its you..man sometimes I wish I could just kill myself..its that bad..and the doctors..no help..and the meds.. do not work anymore..oh does anyone else have that problem..I tell the doctor that the meds dont work anymore and they look at you like something wrong with you..I really starting to think there right..I just want to live a normal life..that all..Help anyone!!

QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Sep 14 2009, 06:00 PM) *
Update, I am so Happy!!!
Ok ladies, Good news, I went to the doctors last week, and he call me today and said, I donít have bv,,,wait remember I been fighting this thing for about 10 Years!! But I told him the antibiotics( Flagyl, Tidmax, cim,I have tried everything even natural, Fem dophilliss, boric Acid, probonic nothing works!!
Well, he told me today that I donít have BV..WTF

I Have E coli in my VaginaÖI donít understand, I have been to all lot of doctor, he is number 4 this year alone, and they always tell me the same thing, all your test are neg, so it must be bvÖ

I really donít understand, but I thank GOD he found something,(10 years) and guess what, the symptoms I have, E coli does the same.

Well, he gave me ciprofloxacin, Pray to GOD it works!!
Well ladies this the first day, I will keep you updated!!

Good luck, I hope this helps someone...... NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!

Update:

No more susieskinypants,
Well, the ciprofloxacin, didnít work the first time, so the Doctor gave me another Prescription for ten more days and some vag cream, I am sad to say it didnít workÖbut I did feel difference, like my whole insides felt like they were falling outÖI thinking the e coli was colonized.(really Bad)

Remember the doctor for many year thought I had BV, cause of the smell, and other symptoms..

Also Ladies I never went to the same doctors, I have learn though thisÖwhen the meds donít work for you, do not try natural remedies right awayÖ. go back to your doctor and be firm and tell Him to run more tests, even if you get nasty nurses, donít worry about what they think, make them do their job, I had to tell one of them I donít care if I getting on your nerves calling so much .I just want to get well..Do your jobÖ.any who..

Well, the doctor was stumped; he didnít understand why it didnít workÖ
So I remember a few years back, I went to the emergency room and they said I had a UTI and gave Bactrim, so I ask him for it, so he called it in..

Do you know by the second day, with a bedine douche, no smell,,

I am finished all meds..no smell..This week has been scary, I have smell bad for so long I keep think I smell something..but Its just me..
Ladies the smell and discharge is gone..Thank GOD!!

I hope this helps someone, Good Luck and NEVER give up!!

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Oct 9 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #627

BUSTie

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
severelyunhappy
post Oct 1 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #628

Update!

Went to the gyno today, and BAM, UTI/BV. They said they found all sorts of things in my urine that really shouldn't be there: white blood cells, blood, etc..

The doctor gave me three prescriptions to combat this. Flagyl for the BV, Macrobid for the UTI and Diflucan for the yeast infection I'm probably going to have for one reason or another. Sounds like a fun few days of medication, but if it helps I'm certainly not complaining, ahah.

+Quote Post
ahtnamas
post Sep 29 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #629

QUOTE(severelyunhappy @ Sep 27 2009, 02:37 PM) *
Hello

I'm 19 and I've been having a few cases of recurring BV. Every other time I've had it, it's gone away in a day or so, for whatever reason. This is the first time it's lasted as long as it has, currently about four days. When it's really bad I feel like I need to pee every few minutes, and when I do, not much urine comes out but it's very painful. I do have a faint fishy smell sometimes, but mostly it smells strongly of ammonia. These past few days my outer labia have been noticeably redder and itchier, as well.

This has been making my life miserable these past few days! It seems to get better later on in the day, and when I wake up the next day it starts all over again and gets terrible for a few hours before it finally subsides a bit. I'm thankful for that at least, or I'd be curled up in bed all day wishing I could just go to sleep so this pain and urge to constantly pee would just go away!

I went to the gyno about two years back and he gave me a prescription for something that treats BV, but he never told me anything about having BV! I looked it up online and was really perplexed, but at the time I had no symptoms of BV so I left it alone and never did anything about it. A while after that, though, I did show signs of BV but had no idea what they were and didn't make the connection. Once it started getting really bad, however, I looked it up and it all clicked.

I then went to a different gyno about it and told him all my symptoms, and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with me at all. He took tests and never called me back, which he told me would mean nothing was positive.

Now that this is occurring again I feel a strong need to go back, maybe to a different doctor, and try to sort some things out. But I'm afraid of the antibiotics they might give me. sad.gif So many people say they do absolutely nothing for them, except maybe give them yeast infections, which I certainly don't want! Should I try all of these natural home remedies before I try these prescribed medicines? I'm a college student living on campus, and I'll admit that maybe my diet could use a healthier revamping. I think I should start taking some vitamins you guys have suggested for this, and maybe eat yoghurt daily. I'm just so afraid that my doctor might end up making it worse, rather than better.

Sorry if this is so long! I just had to vent somewhere.

I've been having the same problems and I'm 18 =( so I know that it really sucks. It really feels as if you can't do anything because of the burning and itching. And I've had doctors tell me it was sex related...it only made me feel worse because I couldn't even enjoy something totally normal like sex. But knowing other women are going through the same thing as me really helps a lot. Right now, I'm trying out the hydrogen peroxide douches, along with the acidophilus and folic acid supplements. It seems to working. Also, I got my period right before I wanted to try this so I held off on the douches until it was over, but while I had my period it seemed to disappear, only to come back as soon as my period left. So I've been at it for one day now and hoping for some improvement. The douche relieved me almost instantly, and I hope it'll be long-term. Something else I try to do is not use heavily perfumed soaps while showering (like Irish Spring. The stronger it smells, the worse it probably is for you). And don't use soap directly on or around the vagina.That seems to make it worse, so I just use warm water when I get close to that area. Also taking baths isn't a good idea. Bacteria filled bath water probably isn't a good idea when it's getting up inside your vagina.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Sep 28 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #630

BUSTie

QUOTE(severelyunhappy @ Sep 27 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Hello

I'm 19 and I've been having a few cases of recurring BV. Every other time I've had it, it's gone away in a day or so, for whatever reason. This is the first time it's lasted as long as it has, currently about four days. When it's really bad I feel like I need to pee every few minutes, and when I do, not much urine comes out but it's very painful. I do have a faint fishy smell sometimes, but mostly it smells strongly of ammonia. These past few days my outer labia have been noticeably redder and itchier, as well.

This has been making my life miserable these past few days!

All I can do is tell you what I would do in your situation. First, your main problem is likely a urinary tract infection/bladder infection/cystitis. You need to get that under control, which, unfortunately, means antibiotics for at least a few days. You will need to see a doctor or go to a clinic to have a urine specimen taken, then cultured for a specific bacteria. They will probably get you started on an antibiotic in the meantime; then, if the culture shows a bacteria that's not susceptible to the antibiotic they put you on, they will prescribe another.
While on the antibiotic, if it were me, I would start inserting (vaginally) tea tree oil suppositories. These are available at many healthfood stores and online. This will act as an inhibitor to yeast. It also has been helpful to me (and to some others here) to control BV. Once your bladder infection clears up and you have copmpleted your course of antibiotics, you can try one of the other treatments mentioned on here (such as boric acid, my favorite---it got rid of both my BV and complicated yeast infection). Also, while on the antibiotic and after, start taking Fem Dophilus (search for it online) which is made up of two patented strains of Lactobacilli that have been proven to colonize the vagina and the urethral area (so it will help prevent both vaginal and bladder infections!). Anyway, that's how I would attack this problem if it were me.
All the best,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
severelyunhappy
post Sep 27 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #631

Hello

This has been making my life miserable these past few days! It seems to get better later on in the day, and when I wake up the next day it starts all over again and gets terrible for a few hours before it finally subsides a bit. I'm thankful for that at least, or I'd be curled up in bed all day wishing I could just go to sleep so this pain and urge to constantly pee would just go away!

I went to the gyno about two years back and he gave me a prescription for something that treats BV, but he never told me anything about having BV! I looked it up online and was really perplexed, but at the time I had no symptoms of BV so I left it alone and never did anything about it. A while after that, though, I did show signs of BV but had no idea what they were and didn't make the connection. Once it started getting really bad, however, I looked it up and it all clicked.

I then went to a different gyno about it and told him all my symptoms, and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with me at all. He took tests and never called me back, which he told me would mean nothing was positive.

Now that this is occurring again I feel a strong need to go back, maybe to a different doctor, and try to sort some things out. But I'm afraid of the antibiotics they might give me. sad.gif So many people say they do absolutely nothing for them, except maybe give them yeast infections, which I certainly don't want! Should I try all of these natural home remedies before I try these prescribed medicines? I'm a college student living on campus, and I'll admit that maybe my diet could use a healthier revamping. I think I should start taking some vitamins you guys have suggested for this, and maybe eat yoghurt daily. I'm just so afraid that my doctor might end up making it worse, rather than better.

Sorry if this is so long! I just had to vent somewhere.

+Quote Post
hopeless in Ga
post Sep 25 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #632

QUOTE(gpink26 @ Sep 1 2009, 07:24 PM) *
THE CURE IS HERE!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Hello everyone I am very new to this site. But BV has been my best friend until a week ago! I'm going to tell all of you how to get rid of it so you won't have to pay the doctor anymore and give the pharmacies money. So here we go:
Get you 2 empty douche bottles.
3% hydrogen peroxide
a gallon of distilled water (it must be distilled and nothing else!)
-Buy something with Acidophilis (maybe yogurt on a tampon insert)
and a Bottle of folic acid with vitamin B supplement
(you can get all this at WAL-MART!)

So what your going to do is fill your empty douche bottle up with 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 distilled water.
Then lay in your bathtub and douche like regular.Now it's going to boil, but not burn all this mean is the peroxide is killing the bad bacteria. (get it! It's used this way for cuts and sore its ok!)This process kills the smell and the discharge so lie there for 5 minutes with it in your vagina.

Stand up now so it runs out you may notice that it sucked some infection in your bottle so pour this out and mix another batch 1/2-3% peroxide and 1/2 distilled water do the same process and lie there 5 more minutes. Then with the other bottle fill it with distilled water and rinse out your vagina. ) Now use whatever you brougth to replace the PH-Balance in you vagina: like I said it could be insert from the health food store is which I have found best. You can do this like once in the morning and then at night before going to bed. DO THIS FOR THREE (3) DAYS!

Now the Folic Acid is for your use because the vagina wall gets weak from having odor and discharge that why it hurt during sexual intercourse, so these pills help the vagina wall get strong.

Take at least 1600mg a day the first week...such as four(4)- 400mg a day and then 800mg a day(2 vitamins) the next week for a week or until you feel better.

The Acidophilus puts the good bacteria back into the vagina and fixes it's PH-balance, if you was wondering. And it's safe and doesn't burn.

JUST REMEMBER IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN SEX, PREGNANCY, EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR, WEARING TIGHT CLOTHES,OR EVEN HORMONAL IMBALANCE; YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG TO GET THIS. PEOPLE AND YOUR DOCTOR MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A DIRT BAG ABOUT BV, BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE!

GOD BLESS YOU GALS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN SEND ME A PERSONAL NOTE OR REPLY. WE LADIES HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER! rolleyes.gif

By the way leave metro-gel and metronizadole alone cause the BV get immune to it after all I know I had 11 refills cause the doctors told me it wasn't no point in coming back to see him. It was nothing he could do!

Is it essential that you use the folic acid with vit B supplements? If so do you start taking it after your 3 days or during?

+Quote Post
mel0793
post Sep 25 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #633

QUOTE(gpink26 @ Sep 1 2009, 07:24 PM) *
THE CURE IS HERE!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Hello everyone I am very new to this site. But BV has been my best friend until a week ago! I'm going to tell all of you how to get rid of it so you won't have to pay the doctor anymore and give the pharmacies money. So here we go:
Get you 2 empty douche bottles.
3% hydrogen peroxide
a gallon of distilled water (it must be distilled and nothing else!)
-Buy something with Acidophilis (maybe yogurt on a tampon insert)
and a Bottle of folic acid with vitamin B supplement
(you can get all this at WAL-MART!)

So what your going to do is fill your empty douche bottle up with 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 distilled water.
Then lay in your bathtub and douche like regular.Now it's going to boil, but not burn all this mean is the peroxide is killing the bad bacteria. (get it! It's used this way for cuts and sore its ok!)This process kills the smell and the discharge so lie there for 5 minutes with it in your vagina.

Stand up now so it runs out you may notice that it sucked some infection in your bottle so pour this out and mix another batch 1/2-3% peroxide and 1/2 distilled water do the same process and lie there 5 more minutes. Then with the other bottle fill it with distilled water and rinse out your vagina. ) Now use whatever you brougth to replace the PH-Balance in you vagina: like I said it could be insert from the health food store is which I have found best. You can do this like once in the morning and then at night before going to bed. DO THIS FOR THREE (3) DAYS!

Now the Folic Acid is for your use because the vagina wall gets weak from having odor and discharge that why it hurt during sexual intercourse, so these pills help the vagina wall get strong.

Take at least 1600mg a day the first week...such as four(4)- 400mg a day and then 800mg a day(2 vitamins) the next week for a week or until you feel better.

The Acidophilus puts the good bacteria back into the vagina and fixes it's PH-balance, if you was wondering. And it's safe and doesn't burn.

JUST REMEMBER IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN SEX, PREGNANCY, EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR, WEARING TIGHT CLOTHES,OR EVEN HORMONAL IMBALANCE; YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG TO GET THIS. PEOPLE AND YOUR DOCTOR MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A DIRT BAG ABOUT BV, BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE!

GOD BLESS YOU GALS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN SEND ME A PERSONAL NOTE OR REPLY. WE LADIES HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER! rolleyes.gif

By the way leave metro-gel and metronizadole alone cause the BV get immune to it after all I know I had 11 refills cause the doctors told me it wasn't no point in coming back to see him. It was nothing he could do!

Yeast Gaurd Douches are my new best friend! they have all the things mentioned above; peroxiode and probiotics. They work great! Mine are definatly caused by hormones because I seem to get them sometime around my peroid.

+Quote Post
mel0793
post Sep 25 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #634

QUOTE(precious83 @ Aug 24 2007, 09:49 AM) *
to all the ladies: is it possible b.v. can be smelled by other people? I am very self conscious and worried people can smell b.v. from me. What are some products you guys can recommend that I use to keep things in control. I used today restore vitamin c tablets for two days and it was a living hell. Do not waste your money on that garbage. it gave me a yeast infection and made the smell ten times worse. I hate when i try to keep things in control then all of a sudden I try something new and it just makes things worse. Now i have to use tercazol for the yeast and acidic gel for the smell. This is tearing apart my relationship with my husband. I dont like him creeping up on me when im using the restroom. he makes a big deal about it. am I wrong? Another thing is that i hate going out. If i do i tend to want to leave quickly. should i tell him about bv? I feel like he will not have pitty on me if i do tell him. he'll tell me to get over it since i let it control me.

Thanks in advance everyone

I too had some issues with BV. It was so uncomfortable worried people would smell it. I douched daily with peroxide and water. It would take away the smell and sometimes make it go away for a while. But it would leave me very dry and the BV would come back right after my period. I tried so many differnt options, including doctor treatments of antibiotics. These treatments would give me a yeast infection, which I would treat, then the BV would return. It was a nightmare. The worst is emarassment during and after sex. Sex seems to make the smell worse or sometimes I didn't know it was back until I was having it. I had no idea how to control that.

Eventually, I came out with it and told my guy that I had issues with maintaining the balance in that area and needed to get some probiotics. Well, I don't think he really wanted to know the details and I didn't wanna give them, but he used to work at a health food store and told me not to worry about it, he knows of some really good ones and will get them for me. I can't remember the exact name of them, but it was something like Dr. Murphy's Women Health Probiotics. I also, picked up some douche called Yeast Gaurd. It is perioxide, probiotics, and water. Though it is designed for yeast infections, the same thing is used to treat BV. I used it 6 days in a row. I was free and clear of the discharge and odor!!!!

After I finished the bottle of probiotics, I was just too lazy to get another bottle. All seemed well fo about 2 months or so after I stopped taking them, but then I get my period and bam! It was back!!!! And what do ya know.... The health food store was out of the only probiotics that have ever worked for me. So, right now I am trying the NOW brand probiotics and started the Yeast Gaurd doche process. Seems to be working again. Thank God!!! But now I know to stay on the probiotics, exspecially during and after my period which seems to be my trigger. I think I went three months total without an occurance and that was the longest I have went in a really long time. It was such a relief.

After this long story, I guess my point is that you would be suprised how understanding some guys could be when it comes to women's issues. Every bf of mine has been very understanding. Though, I don't like to give to much detail. But, what a relief to get all that worry off your shoulders and even get some help. I know it is sooo emarassing, but if he doesn't know what is going on, he will think you are just pushing him away and that might hurt your relationship. Good luck!

+Quote Post
andreajones021
post Sep 22 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #635

Ok ladies, Good news, I went to the doctors endure week, and he alarm me today and said, I donít accept bv,,,wait bethink I been angry this affair for about 10 Years!! But I told him the antibiotics( Flagyl, Tidmax, cim,I accept approved aggregate even natural, Fem dophilliss, boric Acid, probonic annihilation works!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 21 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #636

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Sep 14 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Update, I am so Happy!!!
Ok ladies, Good news, I went to the doctors last week, and he call me today and said, I donít have bv,,,wait remember I been fighting this thing for about 10 Years!! But I told him the antibiotics( Flagyl, Tidmax, cim,I have tried everything even natural, Fem dophilliss, boric Acid, probonic nothing works!!

I Have E coli in my VaginaÖI donít understand, I have been to all lot of doctor, he is number 4 this year alone, and they always tell me the same thing, all your test are neg, so it must be bvÖ

I really donít understand, but I thank GOD he found something,(10 years) and guess what, the symptoms I have, E coli does the same.

Nothing works for most women. I really feel BV is hormone related because most women did not get BV until Birth control use, after child birth, or when a women first gets her period. So, my guess is hormones but everyone is different. Just something I came up with.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Sep 20 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #637

Hardcore BUSTie

I found an article online under http://usnews.com/articles written by Jennifer Thomas posted July 30 2009. It was a case study of women with bacterial vaginosis; those who were taking birth control and those who were not. The study was done to determine whether birth control could help lower the risk of reoccuring BV. The study indicated that 58% of the women who began using birth control that only had the hormone progestin (like the shot Depo-Provera) had a 58% chance of not developing another BV infection. The pill that had both estrogen and progestin much lower at 34%.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Sep 14 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #638

BUSTie

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS INFORMATION WITH US. I'M GOING TO THE DOCTOR TO GET TESTED FOR UREAPLASMA/ MYCOPLASMA /E coli!!

+Quote Post
Susie skinky pan...
post Sep 14 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #639

Update, I am so Happy!!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 10 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #640

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(missmonica73 @ Sep 9 2009, 11:02 PM) *
My BV experience may help you. Long story, but it may help you.

For the past 10 years, I've suffered from BV off and on. The first time I got it, I went through several rounds of treatments, and finally Flagyl (Metrodinazinole sp?) worked. Being a potent antibiotic, I decided to research alternative, more natural therapies for BV as this antibiotic is not pleasant to be on for a whole week. I discovered Yeast Arrest years ago, and it worked wonders. Whenever I got that oh-so-familiar itch, Yeast Arrest was my go-to cure. I had much success with Yeast Arrest (which contained boric acid, which helps to acidify the vagina and thus make it inhospitable to anerobic bacteria). HOWEVER, Vitanica (makers of Yeast Arrest) modified their formula due to pressure form the FDA to remove boric acid from the product. I don't know all the facts, but when I called and complained that this product stinks (literally) and no longer works for my BV, the CSR told me they were basically forced to change the formula and remove the boric acid, which was the key ingredient for treating BV. This forced me to look to alternative treatments as I did not want to take Flagyl again.

Backtracking for a moment, this last infection was caused by an irresponsible sex partner who lost a condom inside of me and did not tell me. It was stuck inside of me for FOUR days and the only reason I learned of it was when I went to the bathroom and felt something hanging out of my vagina. Yes, this was traumatizing and disgusting to say the least. Needless to say, this foreign object inside my vagina caused some serious issues. I went to the doctor to make sure I was OK and have her test me for STDs and BV as I was experiencing the familiar itch and odor. A week later I learned I had GARDNERELLA bacteria and was prescribed a 2 day dose of Tindamax.

I decided to fill my prescription "just in case" and try alternative methods as I REALLY did not want to take antibiotics as a first and only option. Here's what I tried for about two months, none of which worked: hydrogen peroxide douche, straight boric acid suppositories (purchased boric acid on Internet and filled my own 00 gel caps), tea tree oil suppositories, vitamin c suppositories, Fem-dophilus orally and vaginally, and BV Essentials (homeopathic BV treatment sold at CVS pharmacies). While these methods seemed to momentarily control my symptoms, none of them cured the problem. I was frustrated, depressed, and my dating life was put completely on hold. I was surprised that boric acid didn't help my BV because it ALWAYS worked in the past.

I took the Tindamax, but it did not work, so I called my doctor for an oral prescription of Flagyl. I told her the infection did not clear and that I needed the Flagyl as I knew it would work. Midway through my prescription, the smell ceased. I started to feel good about myself again, and finished my antibiotics. Now I only had light discharge but I figured it would clear up on its on. When it didn't, I began to cry thinking it would never go away and that I would suffer forever. THEN A LIGHTBULB WENT OFF! I recalled about 8 years ago getting a UREAPLASMA infection (sexually transmitted) that basically caused the same symptoms of BV. After being treated with oral Flagyl, I went back to the doctor and retested for BV--which came back negative. I was told nothing was wrong, but I know my body better than anyone and I knew this discharge was not normal. Frustrated, I decided to go for a second opinion. The second doctor told me that she was going to test me for UREAPLASMA and MYCOPLASMA since the last doctor didn't. I'd never heard of it, but I was happy that she decided to test me. A week later, I discovered I had UREAPLASMA infection. I was prescribed Zithromax, which didn't work, and then Levaquin, which finally worked!

So back to this last infection, I decided to purchase some Levaquin online from Mexico as a last resort IN CASE I had UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA. I was so desperate, and I felt I had nothing to lose. I really did not want to go to my doctor, wait around for results, and continue to suffer when I had a gut feeling I was right about my diagnosis. Let me just tell you that I took the medicine and have been BV free for a month. I am certain it was the UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA (on top of my gardnerella infection) that caused it to linger for so long. I know that boric acid helps, but it didn't help this time because I had a double infection.

Note: I don't promote diagnosing yourself nor do I promote purchasing antibiotics online without knowing exactly what is wrong. Also, Levaquin is a powerful antibiotic, and some people have had serious issues with it. I only took it because I had taken it before with no complications. I also know my body well enough to know that I was experiencing the same symptoms I had 8 years ago with the mycoplasma infection.

So here's my advice: If you have BV and it won't go away, please ask your doctor to test you for UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA infection. A study online indicated that about half of the women who get BV also have a UREA/MYCOPLASMA infection.

Once I finished the Levaquin, I bought the Vagisil PH screening kit and tested my PH, which was finally normal (it was not normal after the Flagyl). I also continue to take 1 capsule of Fem-dophilus daily to keep my vaginal flora in balance and enhance its ability to ward off future infections if pathogens are introduced.

I finally feel free. I ejoyed intimacy last week for the first time in 6 months with a guy I met about 1 month ago. It was nice, and I felt confident and clean. Take Fem-Dophilus daily and check your PH every so often if you suffer from recurrent BV. We must keep our vaginas healthy. wink.gif

***Sorry if post was too long.****

Wow! Long story hun. I think it's important for all the girls to get tested for everything. I was and I could not get a proper diagnosis. Proper diagnosis is the key to getting rid of chronic BV. This problem is so widespread now you would think doctors would be working on finding a cure for chronic BV. Oh, by the way, welcome to the board. smile.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 04:08 PM