19 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> caught by the fuzz: to shave or not to shave
erinjane
post Jun 27 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #261

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sststststutter @ Jun 27 2007, 09:10 AM) *
alright ladies, what do you think? I am sick and tired of having a five-o'clock shadow under my arms the moment i step out of the shower, so I am considering waxing. I can't afford laser treatment right now, so I think waxing is the only option. Has anyone in here waxed their underarms before? Is effective? Does it last long? Also, one of my girlfriends has a waxing kit at home, and said she'd do it for me, but we don't know what the standard direction to pull would be. Underarm hairs grow in circles, so i'm thinking just pull straight down, but does anyone else know better?

I tried it for the first time a couple of months ago. Never again. I bled. It was horribly horribly painful, and afterwords I couldn't wear deoderant because of the bleeding and how much it stung. I wouldn't recommend it.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Jun 27 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #262

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, LustfullyPink, MOOM works much, much better than Nads. (which isn't hard to do, lol) The trick is to have it at the right consistency/temperature which can get tricky. But it removed the hair without removing the skin. And it was fairly gentle, not harsh on my skin at all. If you buy some, get a small amount, it goes a long way.
Actually, the thing I have that works the best are these cheap Sally Hansen pre-waxed strips I buy at Target. They just work so well, and so quickly. And there's minimum cleanup. I do, however, have fine blond hair so it may not work as well on thick or coarse hair, I dunno.

Waxing underarms sounds super painful to me, like, worse than bikini wax.

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
Sststststutter
post Jun 27 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #263

BUSTie

alright ladies, what do you think? I am sick and tired of having a five-o'clock shadow under my arms the moment i step out of the shower, so I am considering waxing. I can't afford laser treatment right now, so I think waxing is the only option. Has anyone in here waxed their underarms before? Is effective? Does it last long? Also, one of my girlfriends has a waxing kit at home, and said she'd do it for me, but we don't know what the standard direction to pull would be. Underarm hairs grow in circles, so i'm thinking just pull straight down, but does anyone else know better?

--------------------
all you need are drums to start a dance party:::...

+Quote Post
annelise
post Jun 9 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #264

Hardcore BUSTie

i'll agree with you on soap--i'd bought a handmade soap from villainess.net and used it while shaving my legs on a whim. sensitive-skin shaving cream leaves me with legs that are cut up and bleeding profusely, but i barely cut myself at all with the villainess soap! it's gentle glycerin soap...i was really surprised that it worked so well for shaving. screw shaving cream, and maybe this way i can justify the cost of yummy-smelling etailer soaps. smile.gif

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 8 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #265

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Oo, I forgot we had this thread....I'm going to just drop in with a random piece of shaving advice- I have very sensitive skin and about the only soap I can use is castile soap, such as Dr. Bronner's. I've discovered that the liquid castile soap is excellent to shave with, in place of shaving cream. It doesn't give me an allergic reaction rash and it's got all sorts of oils in it so my skin doesn't dry out.

Trader Joe's has their own brand, too.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
LustfullyPink
post Jun 8 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #266

Hardcore BUSTie

Crinoline, that's really weird, I had an awful expierance with nads too. Tried it on just my bikini line, and it left me bleeding and red for days. Like, it took CHUNKS of skin onto the paper. I've been thinking about trying MOOM, they sell it at my beauty brands, and I think it's really cool how the strips are washable/reusable. You'll have to tell me how it works out for you.

Rightnow I've got these pre waxed, no heat necessary strips, but I havent really had an occasion to use them yet. I think I may go try them now!

--------------------
Give me room to stand, and I will move the world.

+Quote Post
annelise
post May 28 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #267

Hardcore BUSTie

i gave up epilating after getting so many ingrown hairs on my lower legs that they look like they're covered with zits. they don't really seem to be going away with time though, or maybe i'm picking at them too much. i might try barc or tendskin or somethign called princereigns, which gets good reviews on amazon...but first i'm trying the homemade remedy: aspirin. don't know if it's going to work, but it's a lot more affordable...

http://ingredientjunkie.blogspot.com/2006/...es-anymore.html

it seems like it really varies among individuals, what works and what doesn't. i hope the cheapo alternative works, because i don't want to spend money on some anti-ingrown treatment that might do nothing for me! i wonder about all those chemicals too, because i'm trying to do a more natural regimen.

has anyone tried an aspirin mixture on ingrowns? i'm wondering how often i should do this, and how soon i should see results (or know that it isn't going to work for me).

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Nov 8 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #268

Hardcore BUSTie

I have found the cure for my constant shaving irritation and ingrown hairs!!

BARC - it's an aftershave lotion for men, but it works Oh so good on my legs/cooch! Lotiony texture, virtually no scent, and only very very slight burning (it has no alcohol), MUCH gentler that Tendskin, and just as effective! It also moisturizes, so I don't need lotion after I shave!

I also just bought some MOOM which is a sugaring product that I hope will allow me to do my own bikini wax. I'm a little scared after my horrific encounter with Nads.

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Nov 6 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #269

BUSTie

Yeah you have to have a trimmer with the Cleancut because it will only cut hair that is pretty short--like 2-3 days' stubble. But you don't have to get the one they offer there, I just got a cheapo one at Target (it's called a MicroTouch) but it does pull a little. You could also use a regular electric beard/bush trimmer with no attachment on it.

+Quote Post
rocketslide
post Nov 5 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #270

I'm so glad I found this thread. Those who recommended the Seiko Cleancut, do you use a trimmer as well? I've been looking at buying one online, and BeaverShaver.com ( laugh.gif ) recommends a trimmer. Is it worth it?
Thanks!

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Oct 28 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #271

BUSTie

Tendskin didn't really do anything for me, but I think it works for some people. It smells really strong and it's pretty harsh stuff but that's kind of the point I guess. I was kind of annoyed that I spent so much (I got the smallest bottle I could find) and even after using 2/3 of it over the course of a couple months, it hadn't really helped. I use PFB Vanish now--it's a roll-on so it's much easier to apply, and it doesn't smell very good either but it really works well for me. I think it's a matter of trying different kinds of these products until you find one that works for you. Good luck!

+Quote Post
annelise
post Oct 27 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #272

Hardcore BUSTie

is tendskin worth the cost? it seems like it would last a while, but it's pricey stuff! someone had told me about that (it sounds like it burns, but it really does work), and i'd forgotten the name.

thanks!

i need to use my scrubby gloves more often too...

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Oct 26 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #273

brown delicious

the best eyebrow pencil is from lancome. it is a wonder. there is also brow poweder from benefit that is awesome as well.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Oct 26 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #274

Hardcore BUSTie

Annelise, Pepper's right, to get rid of them and prevent them next time loofah works great, and a lotion like Tendskin helps a lot, it's a chemical exfoliant.

If you can let your hair grow out for a while, it will naturally push the ingrowns out, too.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 25 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #275

exfoliate with a loofah or those scrubby gloves (again, you can get those at the body shop). dry brush massage is pretty good if done daily, google that for instructions. someone says that pbf vanish roll on stuff is great, i've stopped shaving so haven't had a reason to try it out myself. good luck, those welts suck like nothing else.

+Quote Post
annelise
post Oct 25 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #276

Hardcore BUSTie

what do you guys do for ingrown leg hairs? i have a whole bunch now.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 25 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #277

sassygrrl

Thanks for the tip pepper! I may have to get some this weekend.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 24 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #278

i think eyebrow pencils suck, personally. i use a brow powder from the body shop, it comes in a wee compact with two shades and there is a version for blondes as well as ones for light and dark brunettes, and it has a great brush. it's virtually impossible to screw it up unless you use way, way too much. i have super light brows but dark hair so i hardly ever go a day without it. a defined brow makes all the difference with my face.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Oct 24 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #279

brown delicious

shimmergirly~get a eyebrow pencil. it will do the job. that's what i would do when i would overpluck.

shades~treat your pubes the way you want to treat 'em. i've done it all with my area. i even did my own brazilian with my razor. it was a cool feeling, but the upkeep was a pain. now, i'm just keeping it natural. oh, and freshly trimmed hair is harsh. the longer, fluffier stuff is easier on the face. i use olive oil on my body to moisturize and i've noticed the oil has soften my pubic hair.

oh, for all of your Busties with redness and irritation...make sure you keep the skin being waxed or shaved hydrated with lotion or some kind of oil. your skin is irritated. i would use this great stuff from sally beauty supply on my bikini area, which would prevent ingrowns.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Oct 24 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #280

BUSTie

I'm guessing Rogaine isn't supposed to be used that close to the eyes... plus I don't think it would work that fast anyway.

When I've overplucked, I use a plain #2 pencil to fill in the gaps. Granted, I've never filled in a big gap with a pencil, but for a too-thin area it works well. It's not as dramatic or severe as most eyebrow pencils are.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 21, 2014 - 07:50 PM