Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

43 Pages V  « < 34 35 36 37 38 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BUST General Knowledge Base
pollystyrene
post Oct 16 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #701

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Sorry turbo, no experience with those clocks.

Another travel question- I should be okay putting a curling iron in my check baggage, right? Seems like curling irons, hair dryers, etc. were some of the only things left off the TSA's list (why someone would NEED to carry on a screwdriver, I don't know, but it's acceptable!)

Air travel is such a pain in the ass now.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Oct 10 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #702

Hardcore BUSTie

polly, I would think it would be okay, but I would check the TSA list for acceptable carry on items, it may well be banned because of flammable propellants.

I have a question of my own! Has anyone tried one of those alarm clocks that simulates the sunrise with gradually increasing light? I'm intrigued, as I'm finding it very difficult to drag myself out of bed these dark mornings, and in the summer, I have no problems with waking up with the sun at 5:30am, but in the winter, it gets a little rough.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 9 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #703

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Would it be bad to take a can of aerosol hairspray in my luggage on a plane? They don't pressurize the luggage compartment, do they? Will it explode?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
margot
post Oct 9 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #704

Hardcore BUSTie

Doh! Sorry Mouse, I thought I was unique!
Very annoying, as I thought I'd found the perfect pair.
Thanks for the suggestions though, everyone.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Oct 6 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #705

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

OTOH....washing in hot, and moreso drying in hot, will very quickly degrade the spandex component, and could cause the jeans to become permanently even looser, faster...and they could possibly wear out in spots faster, too.

kalevera...that IS the Quiet Riot guitar! LOL! I'm only teasing you...if it sounds good, who cares how it looks? Mine looks good but sounds like shit right now. smile.gif That is a very descriptive, er, description of your singing. Heh. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
mouse
post Oct 6 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #706

Most Likely Procrastinating

hey margot, i recently posted basically the same question a few posts down (and cross-posted in the empress' new clothes thread)....didn't get any terribly useful replies but i find my jeans go back to they way they originally fit after a hot wash and hot dry...but then go loose again in a few wears. i think you just have to wash 'em more often. or get fatter tongue.gif

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 6 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #707

cryostat bitch

Well, generally, what I've found to shrink clothes is actually a hot DRY...and make sure it gets really, really dry. Not damp.

I've had a few pairs of jeans that stretch out when you wear them and then shrink down when they're washed. Dry them hot and thoroughly to get them to shrink again.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
margot
post Oct 6 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #708

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello, anyone got any advice on this?

I bought some jeans, and when I'd worn them a day or so, they just really bagged out.
I want them nice and tight again!
They are 98% cotton, 2%spandex.
Do you think I could shrink them if I did a really hot wash?
Taking them in is not an option.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Kalevra
post Oct 6 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #709

Hardcore BUSTie

bunnyb.... smile.gif was just curious how you managed to make the match...or close to it. Must be womens intuition and 7th sense huh!

Doodle...it is the same as the guys from Panthera, or something like that......Dimebag Darrell is the guy that endorsed it, and he was gunned down by some loon at one of his concerts...so this is a bit of a 'collectors' piece...So disgusting to look at, but oh so yummy to play...

I.CANNOT.SING....I clear rooms when I open my mouth...karaoke is NOT an option to me..I sound like I swallowed a gravel-coated bullfrog, whilst chain-smoking Marlboro's. laugh.gif

I give you...the DIME SLIME dry.gif
IPB Image

--------------------
I like to keep a bottle of drink handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy - W.C. Fields

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Oct 5 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #710

Ok, I'm back!

Ha ha....kalevera, isn't that Washburn the one the guys in Quiet Riot used to play? The funny X shaped one? Or is it the V-shapped one? tongue.gif

I'm not really a great guitarist, I play to accompany myself, but I'll try anything from Van Morrison to Jann Arden. I can sing just about anything - I just can't always play it! Which is frustrating.

I will be waiting for that first software copy. And if I don't get it, I'll find a way to pirate it!!! cool.gif

ETA: Oh, I do have a question! Does anybody remember which issue of BUST that Eddie Izzard interview was in? I've been donating BUST to the women's centre, but I want to reclaim that copy before we offload the library....

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 3 2006, 04:10 AM
Post #711

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

what do you mean?

I was reading that page and wondered why the pic looked so familiar and as I spend so much time here, realised it was an avatar that was familiar!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
Kalevra
post Oct 3 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #712

Hardcore BUSTie

laugh.gif Nope, I confess that I am NOT Martin Amis, but that does looka lot like my peeper!

He has some freckle thingy's there....but his eyes are more blue than mine, and he does not have my long eyelashes..poor thing tongue.gif

How on EARTH did you spot that anyway?

--------------------
I like to keep a bottle of drink handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy - W.C. Fields

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 2 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #713

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Do you not think that Martin Amis's eye (second link down) looks like kalevra's?

kalevra, are you Martin Amis? ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Sep 30 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #714

Hey, this is totally a drive-by, I'm only online checking Air Canada regulations, attempting (GRRRR) to pack my carry on for an early morning flight. (Who the hell makes rules that say you can bring a whip and an underwater torch in your carry on, but no more hair products, skin care products, and makeup than will fit in a sandwich baggie??? I'll bet Eddie Izzard doesn't stand for this.) Will read your post more thoroughly when I'm back, in a couple of days, kalevra! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kalevra
post Sep 30 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #715

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Doodle,

That is a very pretty guitar, I agree, quite striking.

I play a number of different instruments, I have Washburn DIME (the worlds most disgusting guitar, but damn does it play well), a Yamaha BB604 Bass, it is natural blande finish with gold hardware and active circuits, very BOOMY bass. And I have a Musicman Stingray copy, awesome bass, great for slapping.

I play anyting that is musical, hard rock to drum n bass fills....I have an extremely wide musical taste. The only things I don't really like are Rap and very mainstream pop i.e Britney, pink etc etc.

Anyway music is just a hobby for me really, I should have done it at school, I might have made something more of it...but alas, it was not to be....

The thingy for the computer is basically a small program that takes 'snapshots' it is an extension on XP's recovery options. It is very specific to my PC and the way I have it configured. it would be useless to you as it is generic and requires tons of input to get up an running. I am working on it though. When I get it working like plug and play, I will become an instan millionaire, and you will get the very first copy wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Sep 30 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #716

kalevra - honestly? Couldn't tell you. My mom bought that guitar for me from her co-worker when I was 14, along with a crackly old amp (long gone now). The amp was from Carvin, if my memory is correct, but there's no inlaid brand on the guitar, no markings anywhere, so I don't think it's anything "special." (She was a single mom, not much money!) At this point, it needs to go into the shop before it's playable again. But it's purdy, I agree. And shiny.

My acoustic is a Fender. *ahem* Bought that myself, as a grown up. And you?

I wanted to learn to play the bass, actually....my brother's been a drummer since he was 5; I thought we could work together or something, but I never got that far..I never felt like I was a good enough musician (singing is really my thing). He took it pretty far, himself, although he never became a session drummer like he dreamed. Anyway, that does make me one of the few chicks who not only knows big phrases like "throttle position sensor," but also big words like Ayotte, Zildjian, and Sabian. IPB Image

I stumbled upon a 2nd hand hollowbody electric bass a couple months ago (Ibanez) and I desperately wanted to buy it (because I've decided to have my midlife crisis a little early), but I just didn't have enough cash. They wouldn't hold it - it was gone by payday. mad.gif

What kind of music do you like to play?

And what is this clever thing that holds onto your settings? I need it.

ven, that's really effed up. What is the point of having a DVD on yer laptop if you can't play half of them at all? Hell, when I bought mine, I ordered a spare battery just so I could watch DVDs on airplanes...I haven't even used the DVD for anything else yet!

(That's true, actually.)

I'm going to download that sixie, even if I don't use it....just so I can go "nyah nyah" to the corporate bastards. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kalevra
post Sep 30 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #717

Hardcore BUSTie

Doodle,

I hear you on the bi-annual install.....I have managed to get mine down to once a year, but fortunately with the wonders of modern technology, I am able to do it in a short time nowadays....I have a clever thing that keeps all personal settings and things, so it is quite quick now, still a drag though.

That there is MY eye......and it is starting to freak me out now, I am looking for something else to put there..

Yep, I play guitars too, I am more a bass player, but that cannot be done on it's own...so I noodle around on the 6-threaders too. I would love to get a 12 string, they sound so cool. I am never going to be a rockstar of any sort, I just play casually with some mates...its good fun and creative. That guitar of yours looks quite unique...what is it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Sep 30 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #718

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

Venetia, have you tried RegionKiller? It worked on my laptop (I had to have it to play Sexie DVD, as our Lounge Izzard refuses to release it in region 1, the blaggard!) biggrin.gif

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
venetia
post Sep 29 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #719

Hardcore BUSTie

heh heh. Thing is, my regional lock problems don't even stem from illegal activity - I legally bought all my dvds. It's quite possible for us zone 4 peeps to buy zone 1, in fact it's often only possible to get them for some films! Yet other, local films are often 4. My normal, livingroom DVD player is multizone, it's just that my laptop was obviously built by slaves to the RIAA.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Sep 28 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #720

kalevra, I did turn up the radio. rolleyes.gif I have a theory about PCs that some problems should just be ignored until the day you're ready to do your bi-annual Windows re-install. mad.gif

Is that YOUR eye or AN eye?

Yes, it's my guitar, more decorative these days, as I usually bash about on an acoustic. I'm more a singer than a guitarist. (I spent my teenage years planning to become a rock star, only to discover I was afflicted with a terminal case of stage fright!) Do you play?

venetia, I am pretty sure I have turned off most Windows alerts, but apparently you can't turn off the balloons without going through regedit. Which is most annoying. I only have the problem on my laptop, too, not my PC (excluding MS Security Centre alerts, which pop up everywhere). Odd. I also didn't take the time to bend my laptop to my will, though - I LOVE that phrase, BTW! tongue.gif

Dunno what to tell you about DVD hacks, though. I only JUST figured out how to decrypt a DVD...

...um, did I say that? No. I meant I only just figured out how to pay money to rent a DVD, play it, and return it to the rental store, without ever once breaching copyright restrictions. Yeah. *ahem*

--------------------

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 06:01 PM