Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Nov 8 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #2621

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Callie1970 @ Nov 7 2007, 05:01 AM) *
Hi again,

Well, you all know I'm desperate about getting rid of this horrible BV, right? So, I'm on day 3 of using Enzara, and you know what? I noticed just today the smell is not there. It could be my imagination, don't know really. Only wanted to keep the rest of you posted. I intend to take Folic Acid, Vit B6, and probiotics as soon as my supply comes in. Ordered it online at iherb.com.

My ob/byn told me that BV flare-ups are stress-induced. Well, that pretty much would guarantee a lifetime relationship with BV for me! Ugghhh!

I've taken the conventional prescriptions at least 5 times (Metro.....flagyl...et al). My ob-gyn said that sometimes BV can go from sexual partner to another, a never-ending cycle. So she had my husband (ex-husband now) take the same prescription. Anyway, I'm convinced there's a multiple sex partner connection to getting BV. At least for me I think it is. I was a virgin before getting married, and boy do I miss the freshness (yes, FRESHNESS!) scent I had. Well, I got married to someone who ended up being incredibly deceitful and a total cheater (300 women and counting....) If I'd known then what I know now! Well, ..Hence, he's my ex-husband. Thank God! Yes, it was a biblical divorce. I had to save myself from who knows what other dirty crap was coming my way if I had stayed with such a liar and player.

Sorry, everybody, I don't mean to sound like a prude...but I think it's important to cherish your body; treasure it for the gem it is. Even someone who's waited for the "right" person to come along can be easily duped. Take good care of my looks, and had MANY interested gentlemen pursue me. (Well, ok, they're still pursuing me...) So, turns out I picked the WRONG guy. I mean, we met at church for goodness sake! NOW come to find out, he's been subscribing to 9 different online dating services for the last 15 years! I'm talking a different hotel every other night, and all based on a picture he saw of them on the internet! Yes, those were his "business" trips. His first (and only) meeting with all these different women would be at a hotel! Of course, everything I'm writing right now is revelation. And you know what? Now that my ex has been found out, he admits he's proud of his behavior...he says there are way too many tramps and whores out there who are willing to be treated like sexual objects... and he's just partaking of what he's being offered! It's like the control has just been shifted over (by these women) to a bunch of worthless men!

Look bottom line, girls....please just be extra careful...your body is worth like gold...it deserves the royal treatment, beginning with how YOU value it.

Callie,
Yes, your body is your temple and you should treat it with respect. I'm glad you know that. However, there are women here on this forum that are virgins, and they have Bacterial Vaginosis. There are women out there with BV that are married, with no extra-marital sex. So I think the man has nothing to do with Bacterial Vaginosis. There IS however A CONNECTION between sex and BV. The connection of ph levels from ejaculate and pre-ejaculate. As well, some men have higher alkaline ejaculate. Also the friction issue. Many women have flare-ups from having sex - even with a condom on - and it has to do with the act of having sex, because sex involves a certain amount of friction. Using the right kind of lubricant can reduce this problem, but again, even with lubricant, you may have a flare up. Please don't blame your man. But if he is a philanderer, then you wouldn't want to be with him anyway, because he may bring home a bigger problem than BV. He may bring home a disease. BV is not a disease per say, it is an imbalance of flora in your vagina and/or your digestive tract.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 8 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #2622

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Callie1970 @ Nov 7 2007, 11:01 AM) *
Hi again,

Well, you all know I'm desperate about getting rid of this horrible BV, right? So, I'm on day 3 of using Enzara, and you know what? I noticed just today the smell is not there. It could be my imagination, don't know really. Only wanted to keep the rest of you posted. I intend to take Folic Acid, Vit B6, and probiotics as soon as my supply comes in. Ordered it online at iherb.com.

My ob/byn told me that BV flare-ups are stress-induced. Well, that pretty much would guarantee a lifetime relationship with BV for me! Ugghhh!

I've taken the conventional prescriptions at least 5 times (Metro.....flagyl...et al). My ob-gyn said that sometimes BV can go from sexual partner to another, a never-ending cycle. So she had my husband (ex-husband now) take the same prescription. Anyway, I'm convinced there's a multiple sex partner connection to getting BV. At least for me I think it is. I was a virgin before getting married, and boy do I miss the freshness (yes, FRESHNESS!) scent I had. Well, I got married to someone who ended up being incredibly deceitful and a total cheater (300 women and counting....) If I'd known then what I know now! Well, ..Hence, he's my ex-husband. Thank God! Yes, it was a biblical divorce. I had to save myself from who knows what other dirty crap was coming my way if I had stayed with such a liar and player.

Sorry, everybody, I don't mean to sound like a prude...but I think it's important to cherish your body; treasure it for the gem it is. Even someone who's waited for the "right" person to come along can be easily duped. Take good care of my looks, and had MANY interested gentlemen pursue me. (Well, ok, they're still pursuing me...) So, turns out I picked the WRONG guy. I mean, we met at church for goodness sake! NOW come to find out, he's been subscribing to 9 different online dating services for the last 15 years! I'm talking a different hotel every other night, and all based on a picture he saw of them on the internet! Yes, those were his "business" trips. His first (and only) meeting with all these different women would be at a hotel! Of course, everything I'm writing right now is revelation. And you know what? Now that my ex has been found out, he admits he's proud of his behavior...he says there are way too many tramps and whores out there who are willing to be treated like sexual objects... and he's just partaking of what he's being offered! It's like the control has just been shifted over (by these women) to a bunch of worthless men!

Look bottom line, girls....please just be extra careful...your body is worth like gold...it deserves the royal treatment, beginning with how YOU value it.

You are soooooo right and let me tell you, church is the last place I would look for a man (if i were single). I hear a lot of horror stories about men women find in churches. It seems thats where a lot of the bad guys hang out to find their prey.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 8 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #2623

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Nov 7 2007, 08:23 PM) *
Hey golden girls..I mean golden seal girls..I bought some of that yesterday..but I didn't see on the bottle where it says what percent of the root is actually in there. I bought two different kinds..One by Winding Way Farms..it says 520 mg. The other that caught my eye was Echinacea with goldenseal root as well..it states 200 mg of Echinacea and 100 mg of golden seal root. Anyways..I took just the golden seal lastnight right after I inhaled my ceasers salad and went straight to bed..then woke with massive heartburn and indigestion...maybe it was the salad with extra dressing..dunno

I'm kinda skeptical of this goldenseal, meaning I just wonder if it is actually "real" according to wik..they said the damn plant is almost extinct..I kinda felt guilty buying it. lol

Anyways..should I take this on an empty stomach..as I just finished my period..and the fish rot smell is back..but mild...

I also got some more ultimate Flora..they were out of the fem..which I usually get 2 of both. lol I looked for that other pro some of you are all trying now, but they didn't have any in. Who was the maker of that Renew Life?

Thanks....

I just read the same thing on Wiki... that it is on the endangered list. But perhaps it is a good thing that it is running low, this will show commercial growers that they should plant more of it. Apparently there is quite the demand for it - so why not just plant more. As for the effectiveness of it.. I'm not sure yet. I'm so tired of taking supplements everyday, that I forgot to even take it the past few days! I will take it again, and let everyone know if I think it is doing anything or not.

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Nov 8 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #2624

QUOTE(gonnaloseit @ Nov 7 2007, 07:30 PM) *
I ordered about a month ago and still haven't gotten it yet and it says it's pending when I look. I'm getting worried. How long did it take you'll to receive your flagyl from online??

It took 3 weeks for my flagyl order to arrive. The site I used didn't even say the order was pending, so I had almost given up when it finally arrived. When it arrived the package was so small, I thought it was a joke, but it definitely was real flagyl, they just didn't waste any money on fancy packaging.

To Cancan and others, I will definitely let you know how the tumeric goes. I just got my period, so if I get BV symptoms after I stop bleeding I am going to try the tumeric. I also have found this website with recomendations about chinese herbs. Granted I'm in china, so I can maybe get these herbs easier, but I'm sure you could find a chinese herbalist in your local china town too. So here's the url:
http://www.tcmpage.com/hpinfectrepro.html

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Nov 7 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #2625

hi! I'm glad to hear that the femanol is working for you. I think I'm going to order more than one bottle( the buy 3 get 3 free thing) so it's a little less expensive per bottle. But that will only be if the flagyl doesn't work probably...i remember that some of you ordered flagyl online at a link to horizondrugs.com . I ordered about a month ago and still haven't gotten it yet and it says it's pending when I look. I'm getting worried. How long did it take you'll to receive your flagyl from online?? My birthday and the holidays are coming up and it's going to suck if i have to deal with this bv around all those people (family and friends) sad.gif

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 5 2007, 12:52 PM) *
hi ladies. so far i've been taking the femanol for about 3 wks. i have a little clear discharge and a tiny bit of smell off and on. nothing too major. i've also been taking folic acid 1200mg daily. i can honestly say that i have noticed a lot of improvement since i began taking the femanol. the only downfall is that it is pretty expensive so I'm not sure if i'll be ordering another bottle. i have about another week's worth of pills left. After I finish I'll probably start taking the primadophilus reuteri along with a b vitamin complex and folic acid. *sigh* my kooch is too high maintenance!! lol

+Quote Post
arj75
post Nov 7 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #2626

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey golden girls..I mean golden seal girls..I bought some of that yesterday..but I didn't see on the bottle where it says what percent of the root is actually in there. I bought two different kinds..One by Winding Way Farms..it says 520 mg. The other that caught my eye was Echinacea with goldenseal root as well..it states 200 mg of Echinacea and 100 mg of golden seal root. Anyways..I took just the golden seal lastnight right after I inhaled my ceasers salad and went straight to bed..then woke with massive heartburn and indigestion...maybe it was the salad with extra dressing..dunno

I'm kinda skeptical of this goldenseal, meaning I just wonder if it is actually "real" according to wik..they said the damn plant is almost extinct..I kinda felt guilty buying it. lol

Anyways..should I take this on an empty stomach..as I just finished my period..and the fish rot smell is back..but mild...

I also got some more ultimate Flora..they were out of the fem..which I usually get 2 of both. lol I looked for that other pro some of you are all trying now, but they didn't have any in. Who was the maker of that Renew Life?

Thanks....

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 7 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #2627

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(NotCatEyed @ Nov 7 2007, 03:29 AM) *
Hi Ladies, remember me? I'm the lemon juice advocate. haha. Drinking lemon juice is so good for relieving mild BV.

Has anyone ever heard of taking zedeory tumeric oil? Any luck? The package at the store says it's for 'non fungal' infections. Is BV non fungal? I looked tumeric up online and they have a 12 day suppository kit that is supposed to cure every type of vaginal infection. Hmm. too good to be true?

I have not tried it, but I have heard some great things about turmeric. If you experiment with it - report back and let us all know!

[ In the Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric is thought to have many medicinal properties and many in India use it as a readily available antiseptic for cuts and burns. Whenever there is a cut or a bruise, the home remedy is to reach for turmeric powder. Ayurvedic doctors say it has fluoride which is thought to be essential for teeth. It is also used as an antibacterial agent. ] from Wikipedia

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 7 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #2628

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mnijcp @ Nov 6 2007, 10:40 PM) *
Hi all,
I'm so glad to have found other women who are talking about BV!! I just stumbled across this board and it has answered a lot of my questions about what I've been going through. I'm hoping you can give me some advice...

I'm 30 and have been treated for BV 3 times in the past. All 3 times I was prescribed Flagyl and the BV smell went away within a few days of using it. Unfortunately, it always comes back.

I've read through a lot of the pages on this board and a lot of people seem to have success with some non-traditional products--Fem-Dophilus, Primadophilus, Yeast Arrest, etc. A friend suggested I try Fem-Dophilus instead of using the Flagyl again. Would that treat the symptoms or just help to prevent them after they're gone? I'm confused by all the products out there and am looking for something that will solve the yucky smell problem first. Second, I want something(else?) to prevent the BV from recurring.

Any suggestions on what to try out? Thanks!!!

Well, this is only my opinion, but please don't take Flagyl again. Three strikes and you are out. Of course it seems to work for a while, but that doesn't mean that it is curing anything. You still have the BV right? So even if it did cure some women out there, it doesn't work for you. A friend of mine told me that she got rid of hers by taking Metronidizole and Clindamyacin at the same time. But many women have done the same treatment, the 2 together, but without any luck. What I did was different.. doctor gave me Metronidizole pills, they didn't work, then 3 weeks later took the Clindamyacin cream. Which didn't work either. The antibiotics were staggered. And then I developed BV so strong, that you think it will never go away. The bottom line is, if you try these antibiotics a few times, and they fail to work, your bacterial strains in your intestines and in your vagina will become stronger, and more resistant.

My conclusion is that if you have already tried the Flagyl and it didn't work, don't take it again. You will ultimately just make the BV worse.

+Quote Post
Callie1970
post Nov 7 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #2629

Hi again,

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Nov 7 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #2630

Hi Ladies, remember me? I'm the lemon juice advocate. haha. Drinking lemon juice is so good for relieving mild BV.

Has anyone ever heard of taking zedeory tumeric oil? Any luck? The package at the store says it's for 'non fungal' infections. Is BV non fungal? I looked tumeric up online and they have a 12 day suppository kit that is supposed to cure every type of vaginal infection. Hmm. too good to be true?

I have battled BV for years now, maybe 5+ years(on and off, but mostly on) and I live in Beijing, China now. Right before I moved here a few months ago, I got a bad infection. I saw a doctor several times and took a dose of flagyl in the hopes I wouldn't have to deal with an infection while living here. The oral flagyl didn't work... so, then I did the naughty thing and ordered Flagyl online and took a few tablets vaginally, and it worked!

I had extra flagyl so I brought it with. I am almost positive I have an infection again; lots of discharge, I have no sense of smell, but I can see the yellowish color and the slightly sour taste, (teehee, don't 'ew' me too much, this last part was recomended by my doctor to help me self monitor with my olfactory sense disability). The western style clinics are too expensive here, and I've heard horror stories about the chinese obgyns..plus my language skills are not good enough to go to a regular chinese hospital. I tried shoving a few garlic cloves up there last week, and I almost think that made it worse. So, I am trying to get up the nerve to go to the pharmacist and talk to them...well, attempt to talk to them in chinese....eek. I guess I won't take more flagyl with all the alarm on the site about misuse of it. It didn't last anyway, so i'm not excited about taking it again...ok, I'm sounding hopeless.
Someone please offer wisdom.

+Quote Post
mnijcp
post Nov 6 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #2631

Hi all,
I'm so glad to have found other women who are talking about BV!! I just stumbled across this board and it has answered a lot of my questions about what I've been going through. I'm hoping you can give me some advice...

I'm 30 and have been treated for BV 3 times in the past. All 3 times I was prescribed Flagyl and the BV smell went away within a few days of using it. Unfortunately, it always comes back.

I've read through a lot of the pages on this board and a lot of people seem to have success with some non-traditional products--Fem-Dophilus, Primadophilus, Yeast Arrest, etc. A friend suggested I try Fem-Dophilus instead of using the Flagyl again. Would that treat the symptoms or just help to prevent them after they're gone? I'm confused by all the products out there and am looking for something that will solve the yucky smell problem first. Second, I want something(else?) to prevent the BV from recurring.

Any suggestions on what to try out? Thanks!!!

+Quote Post
Callie1970
post Nov 6 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #2632

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 5 2007, 09:05 PM) *
The Vitamin B6 are 50mg. I don't know why I take it, other then, someone on here recommended it, so I decided, what the heck could it hurt!!

Thanks! I just ordered my supply.

So, how are things today? Still successful? Please tell me you've found us all a cure!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 5 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #2633

Hardcore BUSTie

The Vitamin B6 are 50mg. I don't know why I take it, other then, someone on here recommended it, so I decided, what the heck could it hurt!!

+Quote Post
Callie1970
post Nov 5 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #2634

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 5 2007, 08:43 AM) *
Well all, at my last reply, I had told you all about having sex, and it smelled as though a fish crawled up there and died.

The smell has NOT returned since. I think I found something that is working for me. I DON'T have periods, so, I have to just continue to wait to see if it comes back. Here's what I'm doing, and I think its the Primadophilus Bifidus that did the trick. BOUGHT IT REFRIGERATED.

I religiously take 2 Vitamin B6 at night, 2 Folic Acid 800mcg's at night and 2 Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC. It has a combo of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.

It wasn't something that happened over night, it took a couple of weeks to work, but, I had sex 3 times this weekend, AND NOTHING!! NO SMELL WHAT SO EVER.

So...just wanted to give you all an update!! biggrin.gif

Congratulations to you! I know you must feel so relieved...

I'm a B-I-G vitamin consumer, so I'm ready to try what worked for you! I know you take 2 vitamin B6 at night; how many mgs is that?

Thanks so much for any information!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 5 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #2635

BUSTie

hi ladies. so far i've been taking the femanol for about 3 wks. i have a little clear discharge and a tiny bit of smell off and on. nothing too major. i've also been taking folic acid 1200mg daily. i can honestly say that i have noticed a lot of improvement since i began taking the femanol. the only downfall is that it is pretty expensive so I'm not sure if i'll be ordering another bottle. i have about another week's worth of pills left. After I finish I'll probably start taking the primadophilus reuteri along with a b vitamin complex and folic acid. *sigh* my kooch is too high maintenance!! lol

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 5 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #2636

Hardcore BUSTie

Well all, at my last reply, I had told you all about having sex, and it smelled as though a fish crawled up there and died.

The smell has NOT returned since. I think I found something that is working for me. I DON'T have periods, so, I have to just continue to wait to see if it comes back. Here's what I'm doing, and I think its the Primadophilus Bifidus that did the trick. BOUGHT IT REFRIGERATED.

I religiously take 2 Vitamin B6 at night, 2 Folic Acid 800mcg's at night and 2 Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC. It has a combo of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.

It wasn't something that happened over night, it took a couple of weeks to work, but, I had sex 3 times this weekend, AND NOTHING!! NO SMELL WHAT SO EVER.

So...just wanted to give you all an update!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fiddlegirl
post Nov 4 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #2637

hi all. i'm not sure this is the right thread for me to post, but i'm desperate and lost and am wondering if anyone has any advice. i don't have BV, but i have a constant discharge. i've had this for years and it used to smell badly, too. i had it checked out by my gyno who gave me a course of antibiotics (i think it was called augmentan) and the smell has since disappeared. unfortunately the discharge has stayed. it's quite thick and yellowy. i've had it checked out by several doctors over the years and they all say it's harmless and that some women are simply a bit more fluid than others. my problem is that this is increasingly causing me distress especially as it inhibits me being intimate with someone. has anyone else had the problem and had some kind of success getting rid of it? thanks.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Nov 2 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #2638

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Nov 3 2007, 01:13 AM) *
Has anyone tried using the Reuteri vaginally? I know those hard little enterically coated capsules can't be used - but break open the capsule, and just put it in a different capsule and then insert?

i haven't tried it but i've thought about it. if it comes back i might try that...

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 2 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #2639

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone tried using the Reuteri vaginally? I know those hard little enterically coated capsules can't be used - but break open the capsule, and just put it in a different capsule and then insert?

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Nov 2 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #2640

Hardcore BUSTie

just an update... i've been taking the primadophilus reuteri for a few weeks now and i'm almost positive that my bv is gone. i have hardly any discharge, no smell, no itch, no burn. i feel great! i had sex and it didn't hurt. (i used a condom though, haven't tried it without yet cause i'm scared it will make it come back.) i got my period last week and the bv came back right after (i was also away for 2 days in a hotel and i couldn't bring the pills with me cause there was no refrigerator so i just didn't take them.) so the bv came back a little bit but i just took 2 pills instead of 1 for 1 day and it was gone after that. so i really think this is working for me. if it's not completely gone it's definitely helping a lot. i feel so relieved. i hope other people are successful!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 130 131 132 133 134 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 2, 2014 - 02:47 AM