271 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Sep 30 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #1221

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mikamo0229 @ Sep 29 2008, 08:25 PM) *
hey, im a newbie.... Here are my stats, i was first diagnosed with bv on october 12, 2006. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was under alot of stress from work and school and on a new birth control pill (sprintec). My odor was never the typical "fishy" odor, it always smelled like rotten eggs/ sewer odor, it has ruined my life. The bv triggered epidsodes of anxiety attacks , and I was on the meds for a few months but just felt totally numb so i stopped. My doctors believe that its all in my head, when i get tested no clue cells, but im lacking the good bacteria, and the odor is present and they ignore the smell because there findings cant back anything up. The odor is pungent, i have to cqtch bus to work, and people complain about the odor, they point and say "its that girl ", my coworkers whisper , and cough around me making comments.... i just am at my wits end. ive tried tea tree oil, metro gel, clindesses, flagyl, now im trying boric acid... its soo embarassing.... i wash my vaginal area with water my doctor told me to use unsecented detergent, cotten underwear, you name it i tried.... im so happy to find people who understand my struggle.

How old are you love? Have you heard of Atrophic vaginitis with secondary bacterial. infection? Look it up and make your own decision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 30 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #1222

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Sep 30 2008, 11:08 AM) *
low risk here too, at least I guess
I have had low risk symptoms and treated twice now, but then told the tests all come back negative time and time again....so I don't have it. Huh?? The infection stuff was never diagnosed until I started seeing a new GYN, after I'd been with my parther for about a year and a half. That was a year and a half ago.
I've heard from an awful lot of people that they have HPV and also have infection problems....but there were also many years that I probably had HPV, but didn't have the infection stuff going on. I was never diagnosed with any kind of infection until recently on my first visit to the new DR, told it was mild but we could treat it anyway. After my first round of treatment started, the symptoms got worse. Before, I had always thought I just had normal changes in discharge. I don't know. huh.gif

thanks for sharing hon....this stuff is the shiets for real!!!! the thing about you not having hpv now is kinda true in a sense that your body recognizes the hpv and suppresses it to the point to where it doesn't show up on paps. this process takes about a year or two..... but it doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have it anymore. anyhow.....it does mean that you are hpv "free".....you and your partner can't pass it back and forth. your bodys' recognize it now, but on the other hand if you come in contact with a different hpv strain that your body doesn't recognize you will be infected again.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Sep 30 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #1223

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Sep 30 2008, 10:51 AM) *
damselindistress

just wondering......what kind of hpv do you have? i have low risk hpv and i just found out june of this year. i wonder if it is related in some kind of way. even if drs say it isn't, there still is a possiblility.

sooo sad

low risk here too, at least I guess
I have had low risk symptoms and treated twice now, but then told the tests all come back negative time and time again....so I don't have it. Huh?? The infection stuff was never diagnosed until I started seeing a new GYN, after I'd been with my parther for about a year and a half. That was a year and a half ago.
I've heard from an awful lot of people that they have HPV and also have infection problems....but there were also many years that I probably had HPV, but didn't have the infection stuff going on. I was never diagnosed with any kind of infection until recently on my first visit to the new DR, told it was mild but we could treat it anyway. After my first round of treatment started, the symptoms got worse. Before, I had always thought I just had normal changes in discharge. I don't know. huh.gif

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 30 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #1224

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Sep 30 2008, 08:46 AM) *
just adding my two cents
My story is the same: culture after culture, negative, medicine after medicine, then Group B, something else....who knows? No smell, just itch and discharge of all variations. sigh
I also have had HPV for a long time, but the Dr. says it has nothing to do with this. My teenage daughter has been going through the same thing. another sigh
Something just isn't right here with these diagnoses; there's got to be a better explanation.

damselindistress

just wondering......what kind of hpv do you have? i have low risk hpv and i just found out june of this year. i wonder if it is related in some kind of way. even if drs say it isn't, there still is a possiblility.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Sep 30 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #1225

BUSTie

just adding my two cents
My story is the same: culture after culture, negative, medicine after medicine, then Group B, something else....who knows? No smell, just itch and discharge of all variations. sigh
I also have had HPV for a long time, but the Dr. says it has nothing to do with this. My teenage daughter has been going through the same thing. another sigh
Something just isn't right here with these diagnoses; there's got to be a better explanation.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Sep 30 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #1226

BUSTie

QUOTE(mikamo0229 @ Sep 29 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Thanks for the advice. Its been an uphill battle, and im so sick of it. My cousin is going through the same thing, now my doctors are trying to convince me it is coming from somewhere else ... omg..... they just go by the books when their uncertain themselves...but two years is a long time to be fighting and i tried everything, i hope this boric acid works, i also ordered the fem.d , i tried it before but i was not consistent.... i also know that i need to reduce my stress.... this is so time consuming..... aand its hard because i stopped going to school behind this, i only take online classes.... and how can i take speech online ?lol. sad.gif
Hey Milkamo0229,

OMG, I feel your pain I went thur the same thing. My GYN doctor kept telling me it was "Bacteria Vaginosis", but most of the time they could not find any clue cells. I am not pushing the Depression medicate but if you need it, you need it, I am on it and it has stop me from going over the edge and kicking somebody "*#?:*#&$" a few times. Sometimes you have to try differ Medicates until you find one that work for "YOU", you will know the "Right One" when you take it. Give it a week to see if you adjust, sometimes the first few day will let you know if it going to work for you.

People can be so careless with there mouth. I truly understand what you are saying! Have you tried going to another Doctor? It took over a year and I'm just finding out about Strep B. I still don't know if it Strep B, Yeast, or BV....still hopeful this will come to a end soon!

I am a Newbie too and Lolassaurus and Lois, has been a "big help".....Thanks Guys........just keep us posted and try some of the methods on this site (one at a time) it should help you.

Take Care, Dee

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO TOOK OFF A SEMESTER SO YOU NOT ALONE. I HAVE TO TWO CHILDREN AND I FEEL SO HELPLESS I CAN'T HELP THEIR FATHER PROVIDE MONEY SO WE CAN MOVE OUT. BUY DIAPERS. FOOD. I FEEL LIKE I PUT THE WHOLE WEIGHT ON HIS SHOULDER BCUZ OF THIS ODOR. WE GOT PUT A STAND TO THIS AND WORK TOGETHER SO ME AND YOU CAN GO BACK TO SCHOOL, WORK AND FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT. WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE AND WERE GOING MAKE IT HAPPEN. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND DON'T LET THIS GET THE BEST OF YOU BCUZ IM NOT. wink.gif

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Sep 30 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #1227

BUSTie

NEVERENDING WHAT HAPPEND TO YOU!!! YOU DISAPPEAR FOR AWHILE DID YOU FIND A CURE AND HOLDING OUT ON US!!! THANKS FOR EVERYONE REPLY ON MY BLOG. IT'S CRAZY THAT THESES DOCTORS GET PAID LOT OF MY MONEY TO TELL PATIENTS IT ALL IN THERE HEAD blink.gif . THEY ACT LIKE THEY DON'T SMELL NOTHING WHILE RUBBING THEIR NOSES ON THE SNEAK TIP. I STOP DRINKING JUICE OR SODA NOW I DRINK ONLY VITAMIN WATER AND TAKE BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM RITAID BRAND 250MG IT HAS VITAMIN C AND ASCORBIC ACID,CELLULOSE,LACTOSE,STEARIC ACID,CROSCARMELLOSE,SODUIM AND ASTEARIC ACID. IM GOING TO GET FEMDO PILLS AND CLEANSING DETOX DRINK WHICH LAST ABOUT 2 HR(I WILL LET YALL KNOW THE NAME OF THE DRINK TOMORROW). I WILL DRINK THE DETOX DRINK B4 USING ANY VITAMIN PILLS IMMA WAIT UNTIL THE DRINK WEAR OFF THEN START BACK WITH THE PILLS. HELPING MY BODY GET RID OF WASTE. IMMA TRY NOT TO STRESS MYSELF OUT GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR FOR MY MEDS THRUSDAY. FROM THERE IM GOING LET YALL KNOW THE OUTCOME.
BUT ONE QUESTION B4 I GO DO YALL EVER FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE INSIDE FEVER IT FEEL LIKE MENOPAUSE??????{IT DON'T HAVE TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME BUT SOMETIMES} NOW IM 20 I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE GOING THROUGH THAT NOW rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
mikamo0229
post Sep 29 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #1228

Thanks for the advice. Its been an uphill battle, and im so sick of it. My cousin is going through the same thing, now my doctors are trying to convince me it is coming from somewhere else ... omg..... they just go by the books when their uncertain themselves...but two years is a long time to be fighting and i tried everything, i hope this boric acid works, i also ordered the fem.d , i tried it before but i was not consistent.... i also know that i need to reduce my stress.... this is so time consuming..... aand its hard because i stopped going to school behind this, i only take online classes.... and how can i take speech online ?lol. sad.gif

Hey Milkamo0229,

OMG, I feel your pain I went thur the same thing. My GYN doctor kept telling me it was "Bacteria Vaginosis", but most of the time they could not find any clue cells. I am not pushing the Depression medicate but if you need it, you need it, I am on it and it has stop me from going over the edge and kicking somebody "*#?:*#&$" a few times. Sometimes you have to try differ Medicates until you find one that work for "YOU", you will know the "Right One" when you take it. Give it a week to see if you adjust, sometimes the first few day will let you know if it going to work for you.

People can be so careless with there mouth. I truly understand what you are saying! Have you tried going to another Doctor? It took over a year and I'm just finding out about Strep B. I still don't know if it Strep B, Yeast, or BV....still hopeful this will come to a end soon!

I am a Newbie too and Lolassaurus and Lois, has been a "big help".....Thanks Guys........just keep us posted and try some of the methods on this site (one at a time) it should help you.

Take Care, Dee
[/quote]

+Quote Post
deeseeker
post Sep 29 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #1229

Hey Dewllissa,

Don't believe every advertised products for Bacterial Vaginosisi, that you read........end of Subject !!!!
Make sure you get your results from other's would has tried that product, to save yourself some money.

I "HAVE TO" believe that this is going to end some day soon, if I lose hope...."I will lose".......Stay hopeful too l!

Dee

+Quote Post
deeseeker
post Sep 29 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #1230

Hey Milkamo0229,

Take Care, Dee

+Quote Post
mikamo0229
post Sep 29 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #1231

well, i asked my doctor to test for strep b , she said its not of concern if im not pregnant, but this odor is so pungent.... it grosses me out ! I need advice, she thinks im over reacting, well she is not the one with a smelly whoo hah !
Hey, Dee

I was also diagnosed with a Strep B overgrowth, and given a week of Amoxicillin.

The Amox gave me a raging yeast infection, so if you didn't get a Diflucan script, I'd recommend you asking your doc to call one in, to take with your last dose.

My discharge didn't get completely back to normal at the end of that week (this past Thursday), but I'd hold off on asking for ANY antibiotic for a while... If Amoxicillin is what kills a Strep B overgrowth, I think we oughta give it some time to do its job-- while, of course (is there an echo in here?), taking the Fem-D, twice a day, like your life and vag depend on it.

And if that doesn't work, I plan to take a course of Fem-D vaginally, as suggested on slide 8 of this presentation. I read somewhere that antibiotics are a leading cause of vaginitis, and, the more I read, the more firmly I come to believe that. Kill the bad guys, then do your best to bring back the good ones.

Good luck!
[/quote]

+Quote Post
deeseeker
post Sep 29 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #1232

Okay. I totally needs some help here..... I was fortune enough to seen by my GYN Doctor today. The Amoxicilli gave me, what I felt was a yeast infection, after my GYN examine me she told me it was "NOT YEAST"!! I ask her what is it, she say "Just Discharge" mad.gif Now I don't mean to be gross (please forgive me) but, there was clumps of discharge falling out of me!!!!!! huh.gif

Question: Would someone please explain the meaning of "die offs", I am totally confused!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Welcome Newbie! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Sep 29 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #1233

BUSTie

Strep B overgrowth, even full-blown, doesn't smell as strongly as BV. maybe that's what your doc meant? or, that the smell should die, immediately, in response to the Amoxicillin? hm. I didn't stop smelling till the last day or two of my treatment-- even then, I was drier than is normal for me, but I attributed that to yeast. I got my period two days after my drugs-week ended, so I'm gonna have to wait and see how things are doing, in another week.

And, my guess is that I got Strep B in early August, but it's hard to say, for sure. since June, I've been bouncing between (what I was told was) BV, yeast, and the corresponding drugs for said infections. didn't learn of my Strep party till the 18th of this month, when I got cultures back from a new gyno.

Thanks for the info on the extended -cillin family! hopefully neither of us will need it, but I like to have new questions to bring around to the doctor, whenever I go. frankly, I would be LIVID if it turned out that my doc gave me two courses of the WRONG drugs. you'd assume antibiotic resistance to be some pretty Med School 101 stuff, but I guess it's easy to forget about, in the face of all those tasty copays.

Keep me posted on how your case goes... Strep Sister sad.gif

+Quote Post
dewlissa
post Sep 29 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #1234

Hi all.. i am new here. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif . about one year ago it seems like i started these symptoms.. the discharge.. smell.. i have told my dr that i smell like my grandmother after she uses the toilet.. and sex as well.. its gross and i dont know what it is.. i have hpv.. okay fine.. but i still after continuous negatives coming back have this odor.. i had polyps removed in june 08.. d&c.. thought that would solve it.. it hasnt.. im wondering though.. maybe this isnt our vaginas? and b.v? maybe this is something hormone related and coming from our reproductive organs.. were all getting negative tests.. i mean ive had garnerella b4.. took metrogel and it cleared up in like 2 days smell was gone.. so it worked.. wink.gif

this other shit we all have here HAS to be something else.. some days i have no discharge(still odor though)stron g ammonia like.. and other days im leaking all over the place.. its killed my sex life.. ! killed it!!! im stressed.. depressed.. i just want it fixed... just want to tell my dr to take it out.. my uterus.. why do i need it anyway mad.gif .. i mean if someone hasnt had this b4.. i was perfectly healthy.. why all of a sudden.. been having marital problems big time.. but i dont know.. started taking femenol about 3 or 4 days ago.. still a smell.. its just a theory i suggested.. but is it a possibility?? i cannot live my life like this.. as a girl i cannot..and will not accept that this is the way im going to be for the rest of my life.. thanks for listening..

and letting me vent.. an answer please??? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
mikamo0229
post Sep 29 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #1235

hey, im a newbie.... Here are my stats, i was first diagnosed with bv on october 12, 2006. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was under alot of stress from work and school and on a new birth control pill (sprintec). My odor was never the typical "fishy" odor, it always smelled like rotten eggs/ sewer odor, it has ruined my life. The bv triggered epidsodes of anxiety attacks , and I was on the meds for a few months but just felt totally numb so i stopped. My doctors believe that its all in my head, when i get tested no clue cells, but im lacking the good bacteria, and the odor is present and they ignore the smell because there findings cant back anything up. The odor is pungent, i have to cqtch bus to work, and people complain about the odor, they point and say "its that girl ", my coworkers whisper , and cough around me making comments.... i just am at my wits end. ive tried tea tree oil, metro gel, clindesses, flagyl, now im trying boric acid... its soo embarassing.... i wash my vaginal area with water my doctor told me to use unsecented detergent, cotten underwear, you name it i tried.... im so happy to find people who understand my struggle.

+Quote Post
deeseeker
post Sep 29 2008, 03:30 AM
Post #1236

Thank you, I will call my Doctor today and ask for the Diflucan medication, I'm going to start taking the probitics immediately. This is my Fourth day taking Amoxicillin, no real change yet.

Lolasaurus, I hate to ask this question, but do you suffer with any "odor" ? My Doctor's keep telling me that there should not be a odor,!!! Have you seem or felted any improvement yet, in anyway? How long have you had Strep B ? How long did it take for them to find it? I have had Bacteria Vaginosis off and on "I guess" at lease that is what the Doctors have been telling me for the last couple of months. It's not wonder we are our own Doctor!!!

I have read there is a good anti-bacteria injection named Cefoxitin for Strep B . It is one of the best one's out there for Gram Positive Bacteria, But I'm sure no Doctor is going to put us in the Hospital just for shots. I am almost at the end of my rope with this "overgrown". I also learned that Penicillin V is another treatment for Strep B. I know that Amoxicillin is in the Penicillin family but, the treatment for that Rx. is 10 to 14 days. I have read sometimes it take just that long depending on the amount of the overgrown of Bacteria. On a couple of blog that I have read on Yahoo, there was a few people who have use Penicillin V with good success (wish they were still around to question). That is want we are interested in, good success, well, thanks for listening to my thoughts on the matter.

Dee

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 28 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #1237

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Sep 28 2008, 02:09 PM) *
Hey, Dee

I was also diagnosed with a Strep B overgrowth, and given a week of Amoxicillin.

The Amox gave me a raging yeast infection, so if you didn't get a Diflucan script, I'd recommend you asking your doc to call one in, to take with your last dose.

My discharge didn't get completely back to normal at the end of that week (this past Thursday), but I'd hold off on asking for ANY antibiotic for a while... If Amoxicillin is what kills a Strep B overgrowth, I think we oughta give it some time to do its job-- while, of course (is there an echo in here?), taking the Fem-D, twice a day, like your life and vag depend on it.

Sing it, sister! It can't be repeated often enough.

QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Sep 28 2008, 02:09 PM) *
And if that doesn't work, I plan to take a course of Fem-D vaginally, as suggested on slide 8 of this presentation. I read somewhere that antibiotics are a leading cause of vaginitis, and, the more I read, the more firmly I come to believe that. Kill the bad guys, then do your best to bring back the good ones.

This can't be repeated often enough, either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Sep 28 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #1238

BUSTie

QUOTE(deeseeker @ Sep 27 2008, 05:22 PM) *
If the amoxicillin don't stop the discharge and odor then I guess I will try Penicillin

Hey, Dee

Good luck!

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 27 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #1239

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deeseeker @ Sep 27 2008, 03:22 PM) *
I do take Fem-dophilus daily, but have stop because of the amoxicillin.

Why? Taking antibiotics is all the more reason to make sure you're taking the Fem-dophilus.

QUOTE(deeseeker @ Sep 27 2008, 03:22 PM) *
If the amoxicillin don't stop the discharge and odor then I guess I will try Penicillin ...

Like I said Amoxicillin IS a form of penicillin. You are taking penicillin right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deeseeker
post Sep 27 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #1240

Thank you Lori,

I have been tested for STD's doing every Doctor's visit for over a year and nothing show up. I do take Fem-dophilus daily, but have stop because of the amoxicillin. I think I need to wait until I am finish the anti-botoics. I have not been sexually active all years, so I really believe that is my issue, the Group B. If the amoxicillin don't stop the discharge and odor then I guess I will try Penicillin, I have not been abusiving anti-botocis, so I hope bewtiween the Two it works for me.
I have doing a lot of research but can't really find what I am looking for a "CURE"!!!!!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 03:05 PM