271 Pages V  « < 106 107 108 109 110 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Jan 28 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #2141

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ Jan 27 2008, 04:45 PM) *
i just read it again you meant you tested the sylk, is there a test for the ph of the cooch that i can get at the store?

I just looked at Lor's blog, and she has this listed to test ph:

[ http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH ]

I think there is another one too, I have heard of it and will look for it later. Sometimes it is hard to do the ph test because if you are really dry down there, like I am, it is hard to get enough liquid to put on the strip of paper! They are called 'AlkaMax Alkaline Booster pH Test Papers'.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 28 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #2142

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Jan 27 2008, 04:26 PM) *
You need to decrease the pH from alkaline levels to acidic levels. Ideally, the vaginal pH should be about 4.5. I use SYLK lubricant (available online), which has a pH of 4.7, which is the best on the market. (I tested the pH myself, and it is 4.7.) Most lubricants' pHs are over 5, which isn't acidic enough to provide a hospitable environment for the good lactobacilli.
It is the semen, to be more specific (rather than the sperm itself), that increases one's vaginal pH. If condoms are out of the question for you, try loading up the vagina with SYLK before & after intercourse! wink.gif

Maggie-the-Chem Professor

I have been using SYLK for a three months now, and I use it before and after sex. I use it every day at night before bedtime, whether or not I am having sex. I think out of all the lubricants out there, so far it is the best one.

I don't use condoms with my boyfriend, because I find it gives me too much friction which is bad for me. But if anyone out there is going to use them, just be careful because some lubes and/or spermicides may have Nonoxynol-9 or other chemicals when can kill off the benefical bacteria in your vagina. Actually, may even irritate mucous membranes in certain people. Which can exacerbate the BV or even make us susceptible to other infections. SYLK is not a bactericide.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 28 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #2143

BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Jan 28 2008, 12:46 PM) *
I'm still doing the boric/tto regularly, but I'm really getting tired of shoving shit up there all the time....SO, I'm ordering the fem-dophilus from Vitacost. They seem to have the cheapest prices, plus, they take Paypal.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

--Quiet--

I ordered mine from iherb.com recently and it was super cheap (14 dollars I think) and it came in 4 days in this styrofoam container thing wrapped in ice packs -- definitely still cold! I recommend them! Good luck!! I'm with ya too - I hate jamming stuff up there that wasn't meant to go up there!!!!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 28 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #2144

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay I dont think the TTO is agreeing with my lady bits. Maybe I'm allergic to it. I think its too strong for me, even just a few drops and diluting it with a lil water before inserting. I'm telling you gals, its making me cramp like a son of a b**** , and i've even been spotting the last few days. Its in no way shape or form time for my period. I'm so confused and frustrated. Oh and by the way, it did nothing for my odor at all. So now I smell like turpentine and spoiled buttermilk. Lovely aroma!! I messed around and knocked over half the bottle the other night in the bathroom (i'm a clutz)- so now not only does my kitty smell like turpentine, so does my bathroom! GAAAAAAH!!! Guess its back to the drawing board. I really don't know what else to do yall. I'm with you on that one Quiet, I'm sick of shoving crap in there and sick of wearing panty liners. I should invest stock into Carefree!

BY THE WAY: Just ordered some Fem-Dophilus and some black cohosh (for homones) today from Swansonvitamins.com Got the whole order pretty cheap too!! yall should check it out.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jan 28 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #2145

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm still doing the boric/tto regularly, but I'm really getting tired of shoving shit up there all the time....SO, I'm ordering the fem-dophilus from Vitacost. They seem to have the cheapest prices, plus, they take Paypal.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 28 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #2146

BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Jan 25 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Carrie - how is the fem-d going?? I am probably going to get some more this weekend. I want to try inserting them again but that one weird smell I had this week makes me think twice..Maybe it is worth it..at least there was no BV smell then..LOL

The FemD is going well. I'm pairing it with regular Acidophilus tablets as well. Still no BV......I'm also doing more preventative stuff like wearing no undies at home/to bed, wearing only cotton undies, no thongs, and I'm trying to wear only cotton workout clothes (sad.gif Which sucks because the spandex capris are so freaking cute!). Anyways, things are going well. I plan to just keeping taking the FemD and Acidophilus pills forever. sad.gif Expensive.

I've been reading The V Book a lot as it was recommended on here. I kind of forgot what my natural discharge was like. I think I've been jaded by all this BV crap and any ounce of wetness I feel I think "Oh crap! The BV is back!" I think I've become overly-sensitive to how it feels down there. sad.gif Hopefully that will pass with time. Anyways, back to my original point, I was reading in the V Book about how discharge is supposed to look/feel and how it increases and decreases during our cycle. I was kinda scared this weekend cuz I had an increase in discharge, but according to the V Book, days 14-16 are the highest days for discharge (which is where I was at! smile.gif ). It's still all clear, slightly white-ish sometimes (nothing like BV blinding white though) so I'm pretty happy. I'm feeling pretty darn healthy.

I kind of wonder if FemD increases your natural discharge or not? Just because of all the good bacteria you got going on in there. LOL.

Have a great day everyone!

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 27 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #2147

BUSTie

i checked out the sylk online, its more expensive that i thought it would be specially if i have to "load my vagina" as you said. i guess not to bad compared to other lubes and such. i just never had to use that stuff before always been on the sloppy wet side myself, well not anymore. But anyway if it works then it will be well worth it i'm going to order some in a couple days.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 27 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #2148

BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ Jan 27 2008, 05:45 PM) *
i just read it again you meant you tested the sylk, is there a test for the ph of the cooch that i can get at the store?

You are right; I tested the Sylk in my lab at college. I believe you can buy pH paper at some pharmacies; if not, it can be purchased online. There are also "dipstick"-like pH things you can get online. I think there's a testing kit out now in drugstores that tests pH to determine whether one's infection is more likely to be BV than yeast. Anyone know the brand?
The Sylk is also condom-compatible. I love it!!

Maggie

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 27 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #2149

BUSTie

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 27 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #2150

BUSTie

this only leads me to more questions... how many other womon use sylk? and how do i test the ph myself? i never have had it tested at all is there a good test i can get at the store now you have me curious. also this being a lube sounds good because the last few monthes i have been alot dryer then ever before and i know it has something to do with this bv that is common right? my boyfriend has been suggesting we use something we can both be happy with this.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 27 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #2151

BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ Jan 27 2008, 04:47 PM) *
here i am new and blowing up the board, anyway from all that i have read the problems resulting in bv are to much bad bacteria not enough good and the vagina not being acidic enough. i know there is not alot of ways to kill all the bad bacteria without killing all or most of the good so my thinking is do what you can to bump up the good bacteria and let them go to work but the acid thing i'm not sure how to deal with that. how can i incread the ph or is it decreas i can't ever remember,

You need to decrease the pH from alkaline levels to acidic levels. Ideally, the vaginal pH should be about 4.5. I use SYLK lubricant (available online), which has a pH of 4.7, which is the best on the market. (I tested the pH myself, and it is 4.7.) Most lubricants' pHs are over 5, which isn't acidic enough to provide a hospitable environment for the good lactobacilli.
It is the semen, to be more specific (rather than the sperm itself), that increases one's vaginal pH. If condoms are out of the question for you, try loading up the vagina with SYLK before & after intercourse! wink.gif

Maggie-the-Chem Professor

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 27 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #2152

BUSTie

here i am new and blowing up the board, anyway from all that i have read the problems resulting in bv are to much bad bacteria not enough good and the vagina not being acidic enough. i know there is not alot of ways to kill all the bad bacteria without killing all or most of the good so my thinking is do what you can to bump up the good bacteria and let them go to work but the acid thing i'm not sure how to deal with that. how can i incread the ph or is it decreas i can't ever remember, point being i need an acid pussy. my way of thinking is hit both the problems and you should have sucess. i do agree with the ladies here who are sure its a hormone thing i feel the same. here is my thing though. i started feeling not quite right down there before i ever started any kind of birth control. it was like 2 monthes of this and having some amount of symptoms but not all the time, then i started bc and truly did not see any change in either direction. how many of us are on birth control or have taken it. did you start noticing any change in the bv when you took the bc or did not. shouldn't bc be regulating out hormones maybe changing bc would make a difference. any ideas. i'm hopeful after what sprinkles said about having a good chance of stopping this since it has not been going on that long. i really have not tried anything this is all new i tried some antibiotics that made me way to sick to ever finish tried femanol with really no effect so ladies tell me what is the next step. what do you recomend i try next

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 27 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #2153

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ Jan 27 2008, 06:14 PM) *
ya'll reply fast.. i'm suprised. Didn't quite get the answer i was looking for but an answer none the less. my periods are short and light always have been, so like one more day and we will see what happens with the bv. plus i got a package of fire power coming from rockwell. should be here in the middle of the week everything i try is new to me so lets see what happens, if no luck i will try the tto sounds like all have had luck of some sort with that and it doesn't sound so expensive. i haven't read anything about it yet. pretty much i dont care how much it costs if i can start having sex again and get back to a regular life with my boyfriend it would be worth it. that led me to a question. alot of you ladies have mentioned how some mens sperm botherd you and otherd did not. after you have gotten your bv in check have you been able to get with the guys that bother you with no problem. my boyfriend bothers me sad.gif

It has to do with their sperm. My ex, causes my b.v. My new guy, does not. However, I have re-occuring B.V. so now it doesn't matter who I sleep with. Some have suggested using condoms, to prevent the sperm from entering and causing an inbalance. If you have true re-occuring B.V., the name of the game is PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. That's all you can do until there's a cure. My Preventative Maintenance is Tea Tree Oil. It's still working for me. And I only have to use one suppossitory, the day after sex.

Still no signs of B.V. on my end. The TTO has been a godsend.

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 27 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #2154

BUSTie

ya'll reply fast.. i'm suprised. Didn't quite get the answer i was looking for but an answer none the less. my periods are short and light always have been, so like one more day and we will see what happens with the bv. plus i got a package of fire power coming from rockwell. should be here in the middle of the week everything i try is new to me so lets see what happens, if no luck i will try the tto sounds like all have had luck of some sort with that and it doesn't sound so expensive. i haven't read anything about it yet. pretty much i dont care how much it costs if i can start having sex again and get back to a regular life with my boyfriend it would be worth it. that led me to a question. alot of you ladies have mentioned how some mens sperm botherd you and otherd did not. after you have gotten your bv in check have you been able to get with the guys that bother you with no problem. my boyfriend bothers me sad.gif

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 27 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #2155

BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ Jan 26 2008, 11:33 PM) *
my last couple period have been different well than before all this crap started. have ya'lls changed since this started, there is still blood coming out but what comes out now is not at all like what used to come out, there i said it now someone gimme some insight

Hi Kristen! Heh, you totally sound like me when I first found this place, I wanted to chat with everyone here about BV because I was sooooooooooo excited there were others like me. Only I waited a while to actually introduce myself. Well the crazy thing about this whole BV thing is that I was actually HAPPY whenever my period would come because whenever my period came the funk smells would go away completely. It was like a little bit of freedom. UNFORTUNATELY times have changed and now that only happens the first two days of my period, after that it’s the usual ammonia, fish, shit, sour milk, McDonald’s French fries……..etc. OR very rarely a garbage can. Also I am blessed with heavy, long periods.

If your BV odor isn’t THAT bad and you have not been battling this for TOO long I’d say you still have a good chance at getting rid of BV for good before you get in the recurrent mess that I’m in. The longer you have it the harder it is to get rid of. I made the mistake of thinking my BV was just part of pregnancy (it was very faint back then) and when I asked the doctor what the discharge was he said it was normal during the third trimester. Stupid A$$. If I had actually treated it when it first came (although a little riskier because of pregnancy) I think I could have possibly killed it completely. OR who knows maybe because my hormones are so dang retarded I was destined to battle this forever. All I know is that I waited a whole year of having weird discharge and faint unusual odors before I actually went to an OBGYN because I assumed it was the fluctuating hormones that everyone talks about during and after pregnancy....well, minus the doc who delivered my son. Ew, I still cringe when thinking about that man. I got some horror stories there.

Beware though, some antibiotics may irriate the BV and make it worse. At least for me.

Angdjones: The discharge is really bugging me too. Thankgoodness I haven't delt with much of any odor lately so then of course I have the discharge to focus on and I am getting really tired of wrapping my underwear with toilet paper! Toilet paper doesn't exactly come cheap these days! If you find out anything let me know.

Hi Yme! How's everything?

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 26 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #2156

BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ Jan 26 2008, 11:33 PM) *
ok so i know this is back to back, but you met me now lets get down to business. i have been doing alot of reading lately but i will get into that later. now i have a question, i am fairly new to this bv thing compared to some of you veterans. my last couple period have been different well than before all this crap started. have ya'lls changed since this started, there is still blood coming out but what comes out now is not at all like what used to come out, there i said it now someone gimme some insight

Hi Kristen, my periods have always remained the same for as long as I've battled with BV. Like Sprinkles suggested I strongly believe it has something to do with a hormonal imbalance and possibly our period. Because I noticed by BV occurred the same year of my period and at the time I was a virgin. So I just couldn't believe how a young girl who hasn't been embalmed with dirty sperm could get BV and battle it for well over ten years now???

But to answer your question my periods have remained the same when I would get BV. I have always had heavy periods that last for seven days and now that I sporadically take birth control pills to keep my period in check I noticed that my cycle is way off which is only probably aggravating my BV even more.

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 26 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #2157

BUSTie

ok so i know this is back to back, but you met me now lets get down to business. i have been doing alot of reading lately but i will get into that later. now i have a question, i am fairly new to this bv thing compared to some of you veterans. my last couple period have been different well than before all this crap started. have ya'lls changed since this started, there is still blood coming out but what comes out now is not at all like what used to come out, there i said it now someone gimme some insight

+Quote Post
kristen
post Jan 26 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #2158

BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 24 2008, 10:15 PM) *
My vagina hates me. And damnit I treat her so well too!!!

So i am new here i hope i am doing this posting thing right... we will soon find out. Any way i have been reading this for like a few weeks now i have pretty much read all of it as far back as it dates. more than anything it makes me hopeless, looks like i will be struggling with a stink puss forever. well my story, not as long and ya'lls... i guess about 6 monthes ago maybe a couple more something just struck me as not quite right... but it took a while before i was realy like this is not normal. but fish smell blah blah nasty discharge crap you know the story went to the doc told me it was yeast i told her no i'm pretty sure its not, she insisted so i took the meds forgot what there were now and of course it didn't really help. then like a week or two later i get a bladder infection so i go to doc and he treats me for that and then yeast again... still same shit. and i went on for quite a while no doctors no meds... no sex. most of the time it really is't that bad. after the initial nasty as hell fishy smell its mostly just like musty kinda sweaty smelling almost with a discharge not to bad sometimes not at all but alway the smell is not quite right. so anway like 6 weeks ago i went to doc again knowing this shit is not right and he does no exam no test and just says i think you have bv. i was so happy to hear this becase by this time i had been doing some reseach. thinking i had the answer i took the meds... that antibiotic you can't take with alcohol. cant remember name made me sick ad hell stopped taking it. so since then have not been to doc but have been doing my homework and found ya'll. so i searched all over the internet found femanol... sounded good couldn't find a bad revirew hard as i tried. but this was before i read all this stuff. it did work... for a couple days till i had sex... twice. then you know the story back to hell. been taking it like crazy trying to get the same effect it gave me the first week. and now here i am... this was in like the past two weeks. i ordered some stuff off rockwellnutrition after reading ya'll posts i'll see what happens but mosty i just wanted to make a post so i could start asking questions and fixing this shit.. NOW!!! my boyfriend and i are really having a hard time he does not know about any of this i am to embarassed to tell him but he can't figure out what is wrong with me or if i think there is something wrong with him and its really wearing on us, the lack of sex thing.. i dont know how much longer it will last been more than six monthes like this already. well someone hit me back i got lots to say

+Quote Post
angdjones
post Jan 26 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #2159

Hi Ladies!! Happy Friday! Just thought I would let you guys know how the Fem-Dophilus was working out. When I started taking them the first day I had stopped the regular Acidophilus..within 1 day..it was back..the discharge and smell!..Oh how frustrated I was!!..Especially after spending the 25 dollars at the vitamin store. I continued taking 1 capsule twicw daily but started taking them with 1 capsule of the Acidophilus. It seemed like when I stopped the Acidophilus that everything took a turn for the worse. After taking the Acidophilus with the Fem-dophilus things are great..except for a little bit of discharge but I can deal with that for now since it doesn't SMELL!! Now I'm just trying to find something for the discharge...it's very little and doesn't smell, I don't itch or burn...any suggestions will be great...I know the Fem-dophilus probably takes awhile to start working but I didn't want to wait..without my Acidophilus things just start smelling again...I might quit the Fem-dophilus after the bottle is gone..the capsules smell like burnt trash and are very expensive...Hope all is well ladies!! Take care! wink.gif

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 25 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #2160

BUSTie

LOL, Hi konphusion!! Haha you are funny. Yes I guess we are two of kind here unless there is another hormonally challenged gal who would like to join the club. Well I decided to venture out of my save haven BV thread here to talk to the "others" and I got like booed and not well recieved. I was worried they would point and be like, eeeew there's that BV girl! Ha, well anyway I think I will stay here where it's safe. I feel like you all are my peeps anyway.

Guitarhero congratulations!! Now see my vagina TRULY hates me because I have tired everything you did and mine won't go away. There is no smell again today but there is odorless discharge and that is just not workin for me.

Oh and ladies I read that if you drink ice cold water your body burns more calories than if it was lukewarm. So there is an upside to large doses of health pill poppin!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 21, 2014 - 01:59 PM