Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

44 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pardon me (I'm Canadian)
candycane_girl
post Nov 4 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #61

Hardcore BUSTie

What is all this fuckery about abolishing the gun registry for shotguns and rifles?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Nov 4 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #62

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you, Culture...I know I ask so many ignorant questions on this forum. I guess it's hard to think outside of the government that you grew up in. I remember reading Rogue's comments about Harper and the "possibility of another election" and this idea has really intrigued/confused me.

(BTW Culture, every time my kid sees your atavar he wants to know what the "dancing banana's" sign says). biggrin.gif

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 4 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #63

(o)(o)

Koffee, the people don't have that power. What happens in parliament, is the official opposition gets an opposition day to question the government and there is the political scrum. In the case of a minority government (which is exactly that, a government which forms, not a majority, but a minority. The government still has more elected seats than the other parties). Anyways, the opposition can call a vote of non confidence, where the opposition parties vote in their confidence of the current government. If there are enough votes in favour of non confidence, then parliament is disolved and an election ensues.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Nov 4 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #64

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey again, guys. I have another question I can't stop thinking about. From reading your posts it sounds like in Canada if enough people are dissasisfied with an elected official they can call another election and vote again. Is this a correct perception? Making elected officials accountable for their campaign promises (or voting them out) sounds like a very novel, exciting concept.

Pepper- we have this type of ugly legislation rearing it's head down here, too. There's nothing going on at the moment, but it rears up every few years like a case of the pox.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 4 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #65

I just got this emailed to me this morning. Don't know if you're aware or care about this kind of thing but anyone who drinks medicinal tea or takes supplements or follows any sort of alternative health sure should care a LOT! Please call write or fax and pass this info along.

Make the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom a law in Canada. Save our Wellness products! Bulletin
Posted by Jas Bangar

Today at 6:15am
SEE SHAWN BUCKLEY. HEAR THE PEOPLE.

Here's the issue: Bill C-6 is now being reviewed by the Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs. Their job is to review Bill C-6 in detail, hear from witnesses and make recommendations to the rest of Senators before the 3rd and final reading and vote. This Committee will give the rest of the Senate a final analysis of Bill C-6 based on what they have heard. But they will not have heard from Shawn Buckley.

And by extension, us.

Shawn Buckley, constitutional lawyer and author of the Charter of Health Freedom, has been invited as 1 of the key 14 national witnesses to appear before this Committee. That’s the great news.
To have him admitted to this chamber is an honour. And now, for the bad news. It’s on a day, when he will be in Federal Court. He is in a lock down at this trial for 3 weeks. He has been hired to challenge the validity of a section in the Food and Drug act, and show how the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is being violated. It is an unprecedented case and the Social Affairs Committee apparently, won’t wait.

As of Friday October 30th, the Committee has not given him another option to appear.

NO SUBSTITUTES

It is imperative that he be allowed to give his testimony before this Committee. We all know his perspective is absolutely essential and irreplaceable. There is no alternative. No one has spoken for us, for the Constitution.

We have only tomorrow, Monday November 2 and Tuesday November 3 to let this Committee know that the public wants Shawn Buckley
to represent us in Ottawa.

The first phase of the Stop Bill C-6 Emailing and Letter Writing Campaign was successful. Many veteran and emerging Health Freedom groups, collectively, created a division in the Senate to force a review in Committee.
We made an impact and had emails quoted in the Senate, so they are hearing us.

THE BIG ASK

YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT TO TALK TO THE SENATORS, THAT’S WHAT SHAWN IS FOR!

All we have to do is make our voice heard. And that we want Shawn Buckley to have the opportunity to truly represent our interests in detail.

Please take a few minutes to PHONE, EMAIL AND FAX your concerns.

It’s really easy to do and can make a big difference.

There are 12 senators and 1 committee clerk. We must reach them all so please contact as many people from the list below as you can! Our CNHC group is very active. Please GET YOUR ACTIVIST ON today and again tomorrow.

It’s best to send short, strong and constructive written communication by email or fax. This time we have to call because we can’t risk not being heard. Here is a sample letter you can send as is, modify, or simply take some ideas from for your telephone call. You have lots of information on the subject. We know you can make this count.

Dear Senator ____________________ ,

Your Committee is now considering the approval of Bill C-6 which is a bill that I have very serious concerns about.

I am disturbed to learn that the Committee has not re-scheduled to hear from Shawn Buckley. I understand that he was offered a slot during a period of time which he was previously scheduled to be in Federal Court and that he has been denied the opportunity to be heard at a time when it is actually possible for him to attend.

I feel very strongly that Mr. Buckley is a uniquely qualified individual who truly speaks for the interest of Canadians. He is not only a Constitutional lawyer but also the author of the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom, which is a proposed legislation that nearly 40,000 Canadians have signed a petition supporting, with hundreds more signing on every single week.

I strongly believe that to proceed with your final analysis of Bill C-6 without hearing from Mr. Buckley would be a grave omission. One that would have not have heard from the voice of the Canadian public.

I urge you to hear from Shawn Buckley on November 25th, 2009.

Sincerely,

Your Name, City & Province Here

48 HRS TO PHONE, EMAIL & FAX

You can call the toll free line and ask for the Senator 1-800-2... but
if you can afford long distance then call the direct line to each Senator’s office. Call all 13. Email all 13. Fax all 13.

THEN let CNHC know that you did.

Please help get Shawn Buckley to in front of the Senate Committee for the Senators and the Canadian public.

Banks, Tommy L (AB)
gautht@sen.parl.gc.ca T: 613... F: 613-995-1938

Callbeck, Catherine L (PE) callbc@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613... F: 613-943-0693

Cordy, Jane L (NS) cordyj@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613... F: 613-995-8432

Dyck, Lillian Eva L (SK) dyckli@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-995-4318 F: 613-995-4331

Eaton, Nicole C (ON) eatonn@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-947-4047 F: 613-947-4044

Eggleton, Art L (ON) egglea@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-995-4230 F: 613-995-4237

Fairbairn, Joyce L (AB) fairbj@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-996-4382 F: 613-995-3223

Martin, Yonah C (BC) martin@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-947-4078 F: 613-947-4082

Ogilvie, Kenneth C (NS) ogilvk@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-992-0331 F: 613-992-0334

Pépin, Lucie L (QC) pepinl@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-996-1726 F: 613-996-8392

Segal, Hugh C (ON) kfl@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-995-4059 F: 613-995-5259

Keon, Wilbert Joseph C (ON)
hogank@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-943-1415 F: 613-943-1796

Keli Hogan Committee Clerk! T: 613-993-9021

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Oct 27 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #66

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 1 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Your reply just made my jaw drop wide open. I've spent my entire adult life fighting for the things you mentioned that Canadians take for granted. This has always been my perception of Canada, granted. But to "hear" people causually talk about these things...I'm speechless. It's like talking to Swedes about their government. I ask them over and over "tell me about universal health coverage, tell me about parental leave, tell me about free education".
Wow...still sitting here speechless.

OK, I realize this conversation is a month old, but I just need to point out. You are exactly right, Canadians DO take this stuff for granted, and they absolutely shouldn't. These are things that have been slowly slipping from our grasp over the last decade as more conservative mindsets have set in in our country. When people vote for conservative economics, thanks to the political parties we have to choose between, they are out of lack of options also voting in social conservatives. It's terrifying the kind of socially conservative legislation Harper's has been so very competently sneaking through parliament while the conservatives are in power. They are taking away women's rights, aboriginal rights, funding for the arts, and funding to the media and the CBC, while increasing the powers and rights of the government, and by association, the private businesses that fund the conservative PR machine. And no, they are not more left wing than the Democrats, maybe in actions thus far, but not in spirit, not in their campaigns, and not in their desire to prevent the recent economic troubles from really hurting "the working man." It's thanks to decades of previously existing legislation of our banking system that Canada pulled through the recession so well, not thanks to recent actions by Harper. He basically sat on his ass, gave some corporations some money, and waited it out. Meanwhile, a lot of people lot their jobs and their homes, and nothing was done to help them until the NDP and liberals forced harper to extend EI for those hurt by the recession (he wanted to cut it back to save money...)

Haper competent.. may I remind everyone that he prorogued parliament at the last minute, removing the government from action at the height of the economic crisis, just so he could hold on to power? I'm not saying that the Liberals and NDP are doing a f*%$ of a lot right now, frankly they suck, but that doesn't make Harper or the conservatives a trustworthy government.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Oct 26 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #67

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Ross Rebagliati is running for the federal Liberal nomination in the Okanagan-Coquihalla riding (not mine, but next door to it). For those who don't know, that is Stockwell Day's riding. You remember him - he belongs to a church that still believes the Earth is 6000 years old. Yeah, I've enjoyed having such a worldly and intelligent person in charge of important decision-making in this nation. rolleyes.gif I'm not a Liberal (though I've voted strategically that way on occasion), but.....roll on, Rebagliati!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 1 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #68

Hardcore BUSTie

Khan, I think your post gave me part of the answer in the question of our cultural differences...when immigrants came to the US they were quickly forced to assimilate and conform. As you mentioned, Canada is made up of diverse populations that have held on to their separate identidies. I wonder if this is the source of the "live and let live" attitude of many Canadians.

Whatever it is that gives Canadian culture it's comparative sanity, I'm deeply envious. It's probably obvious I've given some serious thought to becoming an ex-pat and jumping the border.

Again, I appreciate you guys letting me jump into your forum (it's been a slow day with my kids in bed with the flu; our "homeschool" has been down all week).

I was going back and reading old posts; was a bit surprised you haven't been infiltrated by more curious southerners.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChingusKhan
post Oct 1 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #69

BUSTie

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 1 2009, 05:55 AM) *
The generations that made the US great are dead and gone.

My last bit of pedantry: Koffeewitch, you and yours are the next generation that will make the US great. The tremendous thing - the glorious thing - about the last US election was how engaged young people were. You and yours got out and made your voices heard and made sure your opinions counted. You voted and participated in the process. Keep voting and stay engaged. Fight the fight. The baton is in your hand and it's your turn. Go.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 1 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #70

Hardcore BUSTie

Your reply just made my jaw drop wide open. I've spent my entire adult life fighting for the things you mentioned that Canadians take for granted. This has always been my perception of Canada, granted. But to "hear" people causually talk about these things...I'm speechless. It's like talking to Swedes about their government. I ask them over and over "tell me about universal health coverage, tell me about parental leave, tell me about free education".
Wow...still sitting here speechless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChingusKhan
post Oct 1 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #71

BUSTie

Koffeewitch, (I like the name, FYI!) our Conservative party here in Canada is to the left of your Democrats. Socialized medicine, strict firearms control, no death penalty, access to abortion and, now, same-sex marriage are fundamental facts of Canadian social life and no politician, regardless of their personal views, dare challenge them. If they did, they'd get crushed next election. One of the factors in Conservatives not getting a majority last election was their proposal to toughen up youth crime laws. That sort of thing does not fly at all in Quebec.

What I mean by the above is that if I were an American, I'd be a Democrat. Here in Canada, I'm a "Red Tory" or a "Blue Liberal". Red is the colour associated with the Liberal Party and blue is the colour associated with the Conservatives. I'm a small "c" conservative regards economic policy - I believe in a free market bounded by strict regulation - but I am liberal as hell socially. Don't really care what you do in your own home as long as everything is consensual and nobody's getting hurt.

Would I have voted for Obama if I were an American? Absolutely.

He was, by far, the most competent candidate.

FYI, nearly everything about our democracy is profoundly different than yours. First, we're a confederation of regions, not a federal state. Canada was created by the different -and they are very, very different - regions joining each other - each with a slightly different deal - in Confederation. Here's a wiki to some history on Confederation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Confederation

Note that we didn't have a War of Independence, we had meetings. smile.gif Compromise and negoiation are at our core.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 1 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #72

Hardcore BUSTie

Khan: We agree heartily on the Obama issue...I'm thoroughly amazed our president graduated from Havard and then went back to the inner city of Chicago to become a low paid community activist!! Yes, this IS the kind of leader I want for the U.S. right now. However, our main problem is not our economy. An independent study confirmed that something like 1 out of 4 teenagers drop out of highschool. Rogue's research on our literacy rate is appalling (ranked 11th our of 14 countries) and yet I wonder if it is optimistic as so many of our people cannot read. The generations that made the US great are dead and gone. I'm waiting for us to fall like other "great" nations before us. From the outside, it seems to me that Canada has a brighter future in this respect (and I don't think this is simply a case of "the grass always looking greener...").

But Khan, I'm curious...I've been reading and learning about Canada's politics...you are obviously more conservative than the rest of this forum. Are you saying if a Barak Obama ran for Prime Minister, someone with the same policies you would support them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChingusKhan
post Sep 30 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #73

BUSTie

QUOTE(pepper @ Sep 29 2009, 02:14 PM) *
How how how can you vote for that **** though? Just how do you do it, what do you see in him and his party that isn't dreadful? I'd really like to know the answer to this as every time I hear anything about them it makes me cringe. Everything that has anything to do with actual people just gets mangled by them. It's harsh.

I vote based on competence. Right now, at the Federal level, the Conservatives are the most competent. They've done an exceptional job managing the economy through this very difficult patch and Harper, frankly, has managed his party way better than Ignatieff has managed his.

FYI, your visceral reaction to the Conservatives is mine to the NDP. Can't stand them. Can't stand them when Jack Layton talks about "working Canadians" as if I and my friends are not. I do remind myself, though, that politics is theater and that while I disagree with the NDP, I can't take their seeming insults personally.

Koffeewitch, don't be too hard on your country. No country in history can re-invent itself with such vigour as the United States. The US may be suffering right now but - and I'm sure of this - it will re-invent and re-invigorate itself sooner than anyone believes. And Barrack Obama is a miracle. Not only is he the right man at the right time, he is emblematic of all that is so compelling about the United States. Only in the US could someone from so far outside the "system" be elected to its highest office. I - very honestly - never, ever thought I'd see the day that a black man elected President. The fact that he was, given your country's history, speaks to essential "rightness" of the place.

I sound like a pedantic old fart, don't I...

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 30 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #74

Hardcore BUSTie

I thank you again, Rogue. I'm fascinated by your feelings about Canada's political system. I feel like every fall we run into our ballot boxes to "throw the bums out", but it's just a game. We're still voting in exactly the same kinds of people, more or less. But inspite of our two party system our politicians also have a terrible time getting the votes to pass legislation. If we had more parties, I would atleast feel like I was voting my conscience and not just for the lesser of two evils. I would love a Green Party here in the States. I would love it if our politicians had to have actual debates from a variety of perspectives and not just sound bytes that are mostly focused on creating scandal for the other party. We technically have other parties, but they get less than 1% of our votes.
I apologize for jumping in on your forum, I know this isn't exactly what this forum was created for. However, I hope anyone with a strong opinion on these issues will either respond here or PM me...I've been ruminating about these issues and wondering how Canadians feel for a long time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rogue
post Sep 30 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #75

Hardcore BUSTie

You know, KW, it's funny what you say about having a true democracy, especially in terms of only have two main political parties in the US. Here in Canada we have four-five main parties - the Conservatives (who are currently in power with a minority government), the Liberals, the New Democrats (or NDP), the Bloc Quebequois (which may or may not be considered a major party because they are only really "popular" within the province of Quebec), and the Green party, which only really gathers a small amount of ridings both federally and provincially (at least in Nova Scotia). In the last election, all five parties were part of the running for a federal leader. I personally think that it's really difficult to have five parties to choose from, although it does make for a lot of diverse points of view and each party holds something different as their main "selling" point. In Canada we haven't had a majority government (which is, according to Wikipedia's explaination, when the governing party enjoys an absolute majority of seats in the legislature or parliament) in five years. It's usually quite hard for the governing party to get anything done in terms of legislature and things like that in a minority government because the other parties can "join together" (for all intents and purposes) and overrule them. Even though it's pretty much all I've known, I find it strange to have so many leading parties. There are even more smaller ones (for instance, one can also vote for the Cannabis Party or the Communist Party here in Nova Scotia (I don't know if these are in other provinces). They are very small and not many people vote for them, but they do exist. Most people I know believe that there really are only three parties to vote for in Canada - the Cons, the Libs, or the NDP, and even out of those three the Cons and Libs are usually the two dominating parties.

To be honest, I don't know much about the state of the economy in Canada because it's not something I really follow (although I should because I work for a business advocacy organization in my city). I don't believe it to be as bad as it is in the US, and I know that Mark Carney, who is the governor of the Bank of Canada, announced over the summer that the recession is coming to an end here. Even still, he said that unemployment will continue to be on the rise and it has been recently, increasing every month (again, at least in Nova Scotia). I know that there is no way in hell I will quit my job anytime soon, not only because I really like it but also because it's really hard to find a job in my city. A friend of mine is a journalist/editor by trade and has been out of work since the beginning of May when her internship with a wine magazine out west ended and she returned east. The job market really isn't good for anyone right now, I don't think, no matter where you are.

As well, I know that Wikipedia isn't a true reliable source of information, but according to the site Canada no longer tracks its literacy rates. However, according to some information that I found on the Conference Board of Canada's website, it appears that out of 14 countries, Canada is ranked fourth for adult literacy rates and was given a "B" grade. The US ranked 11th and was given a "C" grade. This data was compiled last October. From what I've seen just by Googling "literacy rates in Canada", it's apparently more of a problem than we believe it to be, which kind of makes me sad to think about because I really believe that everyone should be able to read and to read well. I love reading very much and kind of believe it to be a basic right, especially since there is no cost to attend public school in Canada from grades Primary-12. I know that it's not always affordable to have children in school (there was a news article here in my city about a woman complaining about the cost of school supplies just this month) but I think you know what I'm saying.

I think I'm hogging the thread again but forgive me, it's a really slow work day. rolleyes.gif If anyone protests to my posts please let me know and I can PM them instead. I certainly don't mind doing so and as always, want nothing but a harmonius Lounge.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 30 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #76

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you, Rogue. And you're right, our Democrats are usually more progressive in their thinking. It seems to me that Cananda has a truer democracy. How can we have a democracy when we only have 2 parties (or realisticly one party, "the big business/corporate party" and it's two factions that give an illusion of democracy)?

How do you guys feel about your economy? I know times are very hard right now for most people but in a general sense are there many Canadians who work a full-time job at above the minimum wage but are still WAY below the poverty line and without any insurance or supplemental forms of income?

I'm sorry to hear of the apathy of young Canadian voters...I think that's one of the U.S.'s major problems. It goes back to the old saying "in a democratic society, the people get the government they deserve".

Sorry to plague you guys with so many questions...since I'm on a roll I'll throw one more out there. Do you guys have massive MASSIVE amounts of students who graduate from high school and cannot read above a second grade level?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rogue
post Sep 30 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #77

Hardcore BUSTie

You raise a lot of interesting questions, KW. To be honest my first reaction to your post was that we don't have as liberal gun laws in Canada as you guys do in the US. From what I understand about the US, it is your right to "bear arms" and pretty much anyone can purchase a gun. Not so here in Canada. I know in my province (Nova Scotia) it is almost impossible to get a handgun license. I don't think it's overly difficult to get a license for hunting-type guns, but there are steps and procedures that one needs to go through. Now, that doesn't mean that handguns are not present in Canada because obviously, they are. I know that the city that I live in (Halifax) is ranked amongst the highest for murders per capita in our country. And I don't think that the people are getting killed with hunting rifles and shotguns. I'm just sayin'. But I also know that the only times I have ever seen a gun in my entire life is when it is slung in the holster on the hip of a police officer. This includes the guns that my uncles own because they are all avid hunters.

Obviously every country in the world has its bad apples. I don't know what causes the US to have the issues that it has. I personally have never been to the US but I have some awesome friends from down there that I met while on an exchange to England while I was in university. Only one of the Americans that I made friends with while over there was a Republican - all of the others were fierce Democrats. I don't know if that has something to do with it, but in my experience I find that Democrats are more open minded than Republicans. Does that make any sense?

I'm sure that from reading this discussion you can see that our fellow Busties have been posting about Stephen Harper, our Prime Minister, who I would kind of compare to being a Republican for the benefit of your understanding. I think a lot of the "youth" in Canada (ages 18-30) are not happy with his government but the problem is - only 15% of this age group in Canada actually votes and that isn't enough to change anything. I think that is a truly pathetic number. This same age group makes up 35% of the voting population in Canada. I agree with you, Ketto - Stephen Harper is not representing "all Canadians" because the majority of Canadians don't even vote. I also think that Harper is off his rocker if he thinks that Canadians actually want him to be in office - he's only been there since January of 2006 and if we have another election that means that he will have had three elections over the course of the three years he has served. If I were him I would step down out of embarrassment. I truly believe that he only gets re-elected each time - and with a minority government! - because the of the low voting percentage among those aged 18-30. I worked the federal election last fall as a deputy returning officer and I can tell you that - at least in Halifax West - the majority of the voters I saw at my polling station were all well over 30.

Okay, I've really said a lot here. I don't mean to go on like I do but I'm a little bit passionate and crazy when it comes to politics. I personally vote NDP and I am proud of the fact that Nova Scotia just voted in its first NDP Premier this past spring (and also that he is from the riding that I live in/haved lived in my entire life). I'm not afraid to be loud and proud of the fact that I think the NDP are awesome. But yeah, that's just my .02.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Sep 30 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #78

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree, nearly every time I hear something that the Harper government has done I feel sick and angry. Especially because he acts like he's repsenting "all canadians". That pisses me off more than anything. And the fact that so many people buy into their smeer ads really gets to me too. The purpose of an opposition party is to keep the government in check and that's what they're doing.

I've noticed out local shaw station a few weeks ago asking people if they wanted an election, and almost everyone said no, but a lot of people said, no, but if I had to vote it would be to get rid of Harper. I still think it's a bad time for an election but I will take any opportunity to try and get out this government.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 30 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #79

Hardcore BUSTie

Dear Canadian Busties, I don't want to derail any on-going conversations, but why is it your country is relatively sane and civil and down here in the US we have...we have freakin' illiterate, apathetic, violence-entrenched morons. We don't have decent education or health care (BEST country in the world, right?). Seriously you are a young country like us, your people have easy access to weapons like ours, but you guys don't have thousands and thousands of murders every year. I KNOW you have your problems, too. But seriously. I feel like the US is the only country that went straight from barbarism to decadence without once passing through an era of civilization. Is it our economy? Is it our military agenda that champions genocide in the name of "peace"? Is our country a global version of a rich spoiled teenager? WHy don't Canadians have these same problems? I would really, really love to know what you guys think about this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 29 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #80

How how how can you vote for that **** though? Just how do you do it, what do you see in him and his party that isn't dreadful? I'd really like to know the answer to this as every time I hear anything about them it makes me cringe. Everything that has anything to do with actual people just gets mangled by them. It's harsh.

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 04:00 AM