271 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
damselindistress
post May 12 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #1581

BUSTie

QUOTE(KristyG29 @ May 10 2008, 05:42 PM) *
So I"ve had BV since the birth of my Son 9 months ago. Cream and Flagl only got rid of it for a few weeks and then it was back.. I went to the DR. last week because I could swear the BV was back, I had itching and discharge...but Dr. said the culture showed NO BV and I have to call back on Monday to get the results they sent away for...

Has this happened to anyone else? laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm depressed today. Flagyl and Fem D got rid of the infection for 3 weeks - now it's back. Just the opposite happened to me, discharge and itch....doctor says mild bacterial infection under microscope....sends out for culture....absolutely nothing abnormal.....no bacterial infection, nothing showed up. Good luck. I don't even know what to do next. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 11 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #1582

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(quality312 @ May 11 2008, 05:31 AM) *
thanks for responding soo sad. i think im just going to buy the femD, try taking it on its own and see what that does and then maybe try the boric acid route and if that doesnt work i will try flagyl plus femD i hope this works.

Don't buy the Flagyl online. Unless it's from your local pharmacy, ie Walgreens. I've bought it several times online, and it comes from out of the country, can take up to two months to get it, and even though I buy it from the same online site, it never looks the same, and is never in English. I had no idea what it was I was taking.

I would do what So Sadd recommended. Contact your local pharmacies, and find out what the price for Generic brand would be without insurance. That's what I did. And some do offer discounted prices for lower income families.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
quality312
post May 10 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #1583

QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 9 2008, 08:12 PM) *
hi hun!

i personally would not buy flagyl online but i know some of the ladies here have and have had results but just wanted to let you know that flagyl at a walmart pharmacy is only $4.00. maybe it's cheaper than gettin it online. i also know that at local health departments they help the low income individuals that need it. hope this helps...and remember when you take femd...twice a day while on flagyl. i did that and i am still doing it now. i will probably continue to for about 3 months then i will take one for maintanence.

good luck hunnie.....sooo sad

thanks for responding soo sad. i think im just going to buy the femD, try taking it on its own and see what that does and then maybe try the boric acid route and if that doesnt work i will try flagyl plus femD i hope this works.

+Quote Post
KristyG29
post May 10 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #1584

So I"ve had BV since the birth of my Son 9 months ago. Cream and Flagl only got rid of it for a few weeks and then it was back.. I went to the DR. last week because I could swear the BV was back, I had itching and discharge...but Dr. said the culture showed NO BV and I have to call back on Monday to get the results they sent away for...

Has this happened to anyone else? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 9 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #1585

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(quality312 @ May 9 2008, 07:07 PM) *
hello ladies i have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join since i dont have anyone else to talk to. i was recently treated for my bv back in feb. at my local planned parenthood. they gave me flagyl and things seemed to clear up nicely, but now its back. i was wondering if there is a place where i can order flagyl online because i am a broke college student with no insurance and no job. i wanted to try and take it with the fem-dophilus.

hi hun!

i personally would not buy flagyl online but i know some of the ladies here have and have had results but just wanted to let you know that flagyl at a walmart pharmacy is only $4.00. maybe it's cheaper than gettin it online. i also know that at local health departments they help the low income individuals that need it. hope this helps...and remember when you take femd...twice a day while on flagyl. i did that and i am still doing it now. i will probably continue to for about 3 months then i will take one for maintanence.

good luck hunnie.....sooo sad

+Quote Post
quality312
post May 9 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #1586

hello ladies i have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join since i dont have anyone else to talk to. i was recently treated for my bv back in feb. at my local planned parenthood. they gave me flagyl and things seemed to clear up nicely, but now its back. i was wondering if there is a place where i can order flagyl online because i am a broke college student with no insurance and no job. i wanted to try and take it with the fem-dophilus.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 8 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #1587

Hardcore BUSTie

Some very interesting information... not sure how it applies to us... but.. you never know....

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/medical/tmau.htm

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 8 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #1588

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ May 6 2008, 02:41 AM) *
Wow Neverending I too have SA and GA with a touch of BV. laugh.gif I am going to see the doctor about my anxiety and make yet another appointment with my doc concerning my BV. I am simply tired of this crap.

Yeah, it sucks! I was depressed but I'm over that now. I've been feeling upbeat and happy lately. Now all I have to do is get over this damn anxiety. I missed the meditation day due to another death in the family but I will try to go next week. They say meditation is better than anxiety medication. I guess I'll report back in a month or so to tell you whether or not it works.

+Quote Post
yme30
post May 5 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #1589

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 4 2008, 11:17 PM) *
I have anxiety. I have SA and overall GA. It sucks! I have panic attacks, nervousness, etc. I'm going to try meditation starting next week at this center here. I hear it works very well for anxiety. I also heard about Reiki . They have a certification class, I think the end of the month, that I was going to try to attend. Anyway, I think staying as calm and stress free is the way to go. I think stress, anxiety, and depression may be factors as far as bv is concerned.

Wow Neverending I too have SA and GA with a touch of BV. laugh.gif I am going to see the doctor about my anxiety and make yet another appointment with my doc concerning my BV. I am simply tired of this crap.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 5 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #1590

Hardcore BUSTie

hey guys.....

just contacted swanson about the flemflora and they don't ship with ice packs and they're located in north dakota....but it's much cheaper than fem d....like $10 something for 30 caps compared to $17 something for femd. i was wondering do you guys think that it's a good idea to take flemflora and fem d together? i'm thinking it would be cheaper than just taking femd...it's pretty expensive!!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 5 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #1591

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ May 1 2008, 04:46 PM) *
I didn't feel "normal" for a long time after the flagyl, but I even went to my gyno about 2 weeks after the flagyl and she said I was all clear. Maybe it's just me, but it took me a while to feel 100% normal again.....but, if you still feel sick, might wanna check with the gyno. Sorry, I know how absolutely frustrating that is!!!!!!!!!

hi carriebradshaw....

thanks for your reply....yeah, i'm gonna get another affirm test done towards the end of the month to see how things are. i'm still taking fem d 2 pills in the morning but i also added primdophilus reuterui (?) to take at night. it's only been a little over a week since i finished treatment, so hopefully i'm like you and it's not the bv coming back. i still have discharge but it's little and i still don't need to wear a pantiliner like i did before. hopefully everything will be okay...

sooo sad

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 4 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #1592

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ May 4 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Hi all been away a few weeks and I guess my timing is quite good because I was reading some past post and I was like "WHOA" when did this forum turn into Jerry Springer ohmy.gif Seems like all has calmed down so I guess I'll move on too.

My BV is still present and I notice when I am anxious its even worse I am starting to wonder if my frequent anxiety issues has anything to do with my BV flare ups any answers or solutions? Be good everyone.

I have anxiety. I have SA and overall GA. It sucks! I have panic attacks, nervousness, etc. I'm going to try meditation starting next week at this center here. I hear it works very well for anxiety. I also heard about Reiki . They have a certification class, I think the end of the month, that I was going to try to attend. Anyway, I think staying as calm and stress free is the way to go. I think stress, anxiety, and depression may be factors as far as bv is concerned.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post May 4 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #1593

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 4 2008, 12:44 AM) *
Oh yeah, that was called:
Swanson Ultra FemFlora Probiotic

I'm curious to know what happened, too. (Also, is this the only place they sell FemFlora?)

Hey ladies. I've been using the FemFlora - and I must say no bv in a while... HOWEVER, I have severe hormonal issues (that are being checked out right now) and I keep getting yeast infections, like back to back. Its depressing, but at least its not bv. I'm going to continue taking the FemFlora. I reckon it works! lol

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
yme30
post May 4 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #1594

BUSTie

Hi all been away a few weeks and I guess my timing is quite good because I was reading some past post and I was like "WHOA" when did this forum turn into Jerry Springer ohmy.gif Seems like all has calmed down so I guess I'll move on too.

My BV is still present and I notice when I am anxious its even worse I am starting to wonder if my frequent anxiety issues has anything to do with my BV flare ups any answers or solutions? Be good everyone.

+Quote Post
kristen
post May 4 2008, 07:12 AM
Post #1595

BUSTie

swanson makes it? i was looking at all their stuff a while back, but this one is new right? i'm going to just have to go look it up. i would try taking it but i am not really noticing any real problems right now so i'm afraid i wouldn't see a difference. plus i still have alot of the fem d. maybe in a couple weeks i will try it.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 3 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #1596

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kristen @ May 3 2008, 02:54 PM) *
had anyone started taking that other probiotic someone was talking about it a couple weeks back. the one with the same strains as fem d but it was supossed to be cheaper. anyway any luck?

Oh yeah, that was called:
Swanson Ultra FemFlora Probiotic

I'm curious to know what happened, too. (Also, is this the only place they sell FemFlora?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kristen
post May 3 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #1597

BUSTie

one more thing. quietmadness i know your picture is old and all, but that things is great. its true a picture is worth a thousand words.

+Quote Post
kristen
post May 3 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #1598

BUSTie

Not really anything is happeneing with me bv wise. just wanted to touch base here is has been a while. i didn't have the internet for a couple weeks i was moving. i'm all settled and trying to catch up with all the posts. i'm off to work now i will read the rest later just wanted to say hello. had anyone started taking that other probiotic someone was talking about it a couple weeks back. the one with the same strains as fem d but it was supossed to be cheaper. anyway any luck?

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 2 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #1599

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(maxcindy @ May 1 2008, 06:49 PM) *
I've had bouts with BV for the last 5 years. Usually went to my doctor, was given a prescription for clindamycin, finished the medicine and waited for the next bout. I have a copay of $50 for the dr visit, another copay of 20% for my meds (usually my out-of-pocket expense was about $15) and factor in my time going to the dr and pharmacy, dealing with reocurring BV gets to be expensive. I finally thought there had to be another way of treating this. My dr never mentioned holistic therapies. After researching online I decided to try the garlic clove method (with a little hesitancy I might add). I took one peeled clove, wrapped it in a piece of sterile gauze (you know the kind you buy at the drugstore in the first-aid aisle) and pushed up into my vagina. I did a course of continual garlic clove (changing to a fresh clove/gauze every 6 hours) for 3 days straight, then switched to only at night fo the next 3 days. I was amazed to find that the BV completely cleared up! No smell, no discharge, the irritation was gone (labia and urethra) and I felt NORMAL. The cost? A bulb of garlic was $1.27 and the roll of sterile gauze was $3.97. I didn't want to overkill on therapy, but I did follow-up one week later with a 50/50 hydrogen peroxide douche. Now I plan to react fast with the garlic therapy at the faintest hint/whiff of another BV attack! smile.gif

I've heard of this before and I've wondered why none of the girls here tried it or has anyone tried it? I can't remember! lol.....Anyway, I'm glad this method worked for you. Thanks for sharing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post May 2 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #1600

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey y'all!

Just a quickie check in to let you know that as of taking the fem-doph for two full weeks, I am without a smell and excessive discharge! biggrin.gif

I took one pill for about 5 days, just to let my body "get used" to the new bacteria. Then I switched to taking 2 every morning. I can remember to take it pretty easily, because I reach for my water pills at the same time, haha!

Plus----I've used the boric acid caps on and off since January and they work well for getting rid of odor, but not for the discharge. THIS WEEK, I have used one ba gelcap. That's it. Nothing else!

For the past two days, (sex on Tuesday) I've had no smell other than the normal, sea water vinegary smell that is mine. No discharge other than what's normal. I haven't been running to freshen up, haven't had to wear a pantiliner either.

I have to say, if this keeps up, this stuff has effectively killed whatever bad shit was up in there and has balanced out the wetness factor, smell, everything. I will have to write to the manufacturer to let them know if this keeps working well. I will never be without that stuff ever again!

--Quiet--

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 22, 2014 - 07:28 AM