Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatever IT is!...the ebay thread
vixen_within
post Feb 19 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

I just sold THIS on ebay tonight, I'm shipping it across the border and am feeling all anxious about breakage and abuse in transit. Any packing tips??

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ululah
post Feb 10 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #22

BUSTie

What kind of watch did you get, Aural? I'm not normally a watch wearer, myself, but I stumbled across some lovely old ones on Ebay. Now I'm stuck on finding the perfect art deco watch from the 1930s. Surprisingly, there still seems to be quite a market for these and there are a lot for sale.

My most recent Ebay purchases include a black brocade trench coat and a plain brown tweed skirt (for work).

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 9 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #23

Big Fat Bitch

Well, I also expressed some interest in a few of his other watches coming down the pipeline soon. I don't think I'll buy the MAD expensive one (Even though it's listed $100 off MSRP.), but two of the others.

I got my watch today & it is hot!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Feb 9 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

Free shipping lol my hat's off to your mad bargaining skills I can never pull that off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 9 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #25

Big Fat Bitch

See, now if it's a Walmart price, I'll buy something right then & there. Fuck everybody else, I'll give you what you want cashmoney. And I pay within five minutes of purchase & I always leave glowing feedback on a positive purchase. I want transactions to be as pleasant as possible, I have only been disappointed once & it was my own damned fault.

*But* a big part of the allure of eBay for me is the thrill of the hunt. I miss going out to the big Mile High Flea Market on weekends & haggling with people. Yeah, now I'm doing it in my underwear from home & I'm not gnawing on a BBQ turkey leg, but I still miss the commiseration between buyer & seller. I am a psychotically loyal customer when I find somebody I like.

And the watch? Is almost five years old. Depreciation, yo. And the seller he says he has upwards of six. But I wanted it enough to go ahead & eat the extra ten bucks when he said he'd ship it for free.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Feb 7 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Feb 2 2009, 02:18 AM) *
Why do people put shit on ebay if they aren't willing to haggle? I thought that was kinda the point. I want this watch. It's listed at $30 off the MSRP, which is good, but I'd still like to haggle it down ten bucks.

Honestly? As a seller, this gives me hives. It's so hard already to turn a profit on ebay, that when someone tries to challenge my Walmart prices I just ignore them in order to be kind... But I'm always looking for the cheap stuff too. There is hope though - a lot of sellers add a Best Offer option on some of their listings inviting people to email their offers instead of settling for the listed price.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 2 2009, 02:18 AM
Post #27

Big Fat Bitch

Why do people put shit on ebay if they aren't willing to haggle? I thought that was kinda the point. I want this watch. It's listed at $30 off the MSRP, which is good, but I'd still like to haggle it down ten bucks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Dec 9 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

My secret vice is Judge Judy - When I saw the commercial preview for this episode, where JJ is hollering "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" I knew it would be an instant classic.

Judge Judy vs Scamming E-bay Seller for your amusement.

This seller blatantly scammed a buyer. She listed a phone on eBay but put that the buyer will be getting a PHOTO of the phone. People, of course, didn't read and were P'd when they only received a photo of the phone. Well Judge Judy had a field day with this one. And a well deserved one at that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Nov 28 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah I've been thinking of going the 99c route with a bunch of items...however when I did the calculation (listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees) I found that if you list in auction format and the item actually goes for 99c, you end up with 50-60 cents net.

Some days I look around and think, 50 cents per item seems like an okay way to start the new year in a tidy house. But when it comes to actually having to do the work, photos, descriptions, uploading, listing yadda yadda, I lose interest in that.

I'm thinking that a few lots of items at a higher starting bid will feel more worthwhile to me and less work as well. We'll see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thepointybird
post Nov 28 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

I might list a load of stuff this weekend. I have a billion items to sell taking up room in my flat, and they're doing a listing deal all this weekend in the UK where the listing is free if you use a 99p starting price. I'm finding it really hard to be bothered with it at the minute though!

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Nov 24 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

Anyone selling on Ebay lately?

I might be putting my comics up, but I haven't decided which ones yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Nov 5 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

ooh polly, my mom has one of those. she is obsesed with pampered chef.

I am trying to stay away from ebay lately. My bank account/credit cards are angry with me.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 15 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #33

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I bought a Pampered Chef pitcher yesterday on ebay- it's kinda cool- it has a handle on the lid attached to a plunger-like device, so if you have orange juice or tea, something where it settles, you pump the handle a couple times and it mixes it. There's a gallon size and a 2-quart size. I had a gallon-size before, but the cat knocked it off the counter and cracked the plastic. It never fit well in the fridge anyway (and it was ridiculously big for the one can of frozen OJ I'd usually make), so it gave me an excuse to buy the smaller one.

I'm also bidding on this vase. I've seen it in catalogs for a couple of years now and I've really wanted it. Now I can get it for super cheap!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 15 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #34

Big Fat Bitch

Curse you people! In just two weeks, I now own almost twenty pairs of fab vintage glasses. And some seriously hot ones are on the block in a few days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 8 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

That deal is SICK. If I hadn't discovered my horrendous limitations last week or so, I'd be on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Oct 8 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #36

new highs in personal lows daily!

uh... i'm super tempted to get this freeboard. it's a special kind of skateboard that has 6 wheels instead of 4. it rides more like a snow board. you can skid out n stuff. and they usually go for 3 or 400.

but i was planning on getting a drop longboard which would be better for my knees (i'm old).... but god this is such a good deal... :/

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
zoya
post Oct 8 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #37

uh huh.

I do not get those jeans. OK, I've heard of japanese kids spending like $1000 on a pair of mint condition Levi's red-line jeans from 1930 or something, but THOSE ARE HISTORICAL AND IN MINT CONDITION. The jeans on ebay are new and made to look like shit! I don't even think they look good on those photos of the models on the runway.

christ.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 7 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #38

belligerently lazy

I'm confused-now the auction for those jeans is down to $560..what happened to the $900? Maybe a few people pulled their bids after they realized the absurdity of spending $900 on cruddy jeans.

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 7 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #39

Big Fat Bitch

Oh. My. God. I can tell that this is going to become a problem . . . it's just too much fun bidding on shit to see how cheaply I can get something. I won an auction today by pocket change on some really cool frames today. Bad, AP! Bad, bad!

I've never really understood gambling. Now it's like, why gamble when there is such a rush from a good deal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 4 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #40

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I'm sure you could pay any mechanic a lot less than $900 for a pair of his old jeans.

That's ridiculous. Think about what else $900 could buy.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 10:17 AM