Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 124 125 126 127 128 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
knorl05
post Dec 9 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #2501

Hardcore BUSTie

jularee:whats the process to ordering flagyl online? do you need a script or md/pharm contact information?

oh and prvtpuss: yeah i just dont know what to tell you. the only thing i would say is dont stress yourself out and just see a doc asap.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Dec 9 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #2502

BUSTie

ok, no one is responding, so i'm assuming i'm just grossing everyone out, or no one knows what to tell me. but i'm going to continue. the 2g dose of flagyl worked on the BV, and also gave me a raging yeast infection. so last night i inserted some monistat, which burned LIKE HELL... today the itching seems to have subsided, but the smell is so strange - it smells like PUS, like an infection... not like BV, not like yeast....

omg i can't wait to get back to the states

+Quote Post
glitzz
post Dec 9 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #2503

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 5 2007, 02:50 AM) *
How many of you ladies have tried making the boric acid capsules? I'm purchasing some powder and gel capsules right now. Any advice on using them?

i also tried the boric acid for the first time last night so far so good no smell laugh.gif ,as far as i can tell which is a big improvement from not even wanting to get out of bed because i was so self conscious , but i had a lot of watery discharge sorry so graphic which also had no smell, i was jus wondering what happened when u tried it and did it work and for how long , this is my first time with bv and everything has been so confusing i couldn't talk to any one about it this forum was so helpful really a godsend!

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Dec 7 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #2504

BUSTie

so, i took 2g of flagyl yesterday and had sex last night (stupid, i know). no semen was involved, but this morning i woke up to greenish yellow discharge on my toilet paper when i urinated. it smelled like pus, no trace of BV smell. i know at this point, i just need to see a doctor, but i'm in a developing country and i go home to the states in a week and a half, so i'm just holding off. no fever, which is good.

anyone ever have this experience?

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 6 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #2505

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 6 2007, 03:38 AM) *
Wait atleast a couple of days. Otherwise, you will get a yeast infection. I used one on Tuesday night, then one on Wednesday night, and had sex on Friday night. Everything was fine. I then used another one on Sunday night...and haven't used one since, and again...NO GARBAGE SMELL HERE. Normal discharge too!!

Also...fyi on an easy whiff test. I use a Q-tip. Put it in there, move it around a bit, and then smell. It's painless... and easy to do... Sorry to be so graphic, but OH WELL!!! lol

Thanks so much for the info! I definitely do not want to deal with a yeast infection right now.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Dec 6 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #2506

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Dec 6 2007, 02:39 AM) *
also, it's my understanding that the connection between semen and BV has to do with the semen being alkaline and the normal vagina being acidic. apparently the semen increases the pH of the vagina leading to an imbalance in the flora?? so does anyone know of a gentle (not boric acid, not hydrogen peroxide) douche to restore the vagina's pH after a seminal encounter? i've never douched in my life, but i could see that this might be a good idea. i feel like i read lemon juice somewhere, but that's a lot of sugar, no?

chacha where are youuuuuu?

I tried lemon juice, and it burned me! And I only put a little bit in. Not even a capsule full. Be careful. Also be careful about putting stuff in there right after having intercourse. I felt a bit raw after sex, and the lemon juice really burned me. The good thing about the boric acid, is that it is a powder, and not too acidic, and it gradually disolves in there, so it isn't shocking to your vagina.

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Dec 6 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #2507

BUSTie

also, it's my understanding that the connection between semen and BV has to do with the semen being alkaline and the normal vagina being acidic. apparently the semen increases the pH of the vagina leading to an imbalance in the flora?? so does anyone know of a gentle (not boric acid, not hydrogen peroxide) douche to restore the vagina's pH after a seminal encounter? i've never douched in my life, but i could see that this might be a good idea. i feel like i read lemon juice somewhere, but that's a lot of sugar, no?

chacha where are youuuuuu?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 6 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #2508

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 6 2007, 03:02 AM) *
I ordered mine from easy.md and they were round and yellow but on the pill it said 'flagyl' and the packaging was in English. They're only 400mg though. I hope they work as well as the 500mg. I took one orally and inserted one vaginally. My probiotic/garlic/b vitamin regimen abruptly stopped working a couple of weeks ago, so sadly I had to try the flagyl again. For those of you who've tried flagyl vaginally, how long did you wait to have sex again?

Wait atleast a couple of days. Otherwise, you will get a yeast infection. I used one on Tuesday night, then one on Wednesday night, and had sex on Friday night. Everything was fine. I then used another one on Sunday night...and haven't used one since, and again...NO GARBAGE SMELL HERE. Normal discharge too!!

Also...fyi on an easy whiff test. I use a Q-tip. Put it in there, move it around a bit, and then smell. It's painless... and easy to do... Sorry to be so graphic, but OH WELL!!! lol

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 5 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #2509

BUSTie

QUOTE(gonnaloseit @ Dec 5 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Hi you'll, hope you're having a great holiday. I got my flagyl in the mail on monday, woohoo but ironically I'm skeptical about it. Has anyone who's ordered from horizondrugs.com gotten flagyl with a spanish label. The pills are yellow and round and all the words are in spanish as far as directions, etc and it came from central america. Someone on here recommended the site, did your flagyl (5oomg) pills look like that and were they in spanish. They took forever to come which I expected, but is this normal?? I've never ordered from there before. dry.gif dry.gif

I ordered mine from easy.md and they were round and yellow but on the pill it said 'flagyl' and the packaging was in English. They're only 400mg though. I hope they work as well as the 500mg. I took one orally and inserted one vaginally. My probiotic/garlic/b vitamin regimen abruptly stopped working a couple of weeks ago, so sadly I had to try the flagyl again. For those of you who've tried flagyl vaginally, how long did you wait to have sex again?

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Dec 5 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #2510

BUSTie

hi everyone,

i had my first experience w/ BV in august or september, a newbie partner came inside me (blah) and voila a strange garbage and ammonia smell that took me 3 weeks to determine was BV. 7 day course of flagyl and it was gone. sooo... a new partner and the condom breaks... this was this past saturday

so i've been sniffing in paranoia and yesterday was pretty sure i was beginning to smell a slight garbagy odor. i thought i'd pre-emptively strike, so i emptied a capsule of probiotics into my vag last night before bed. well, all day today i've been itchy as all hell and now the ammonia smell began.

what's going on with the itchiness???? i didn't think that was supposed to be part of this experience. did i give myself a yeast infection and BV at the same time? should i not have done that with the capsule?? i'm going to try just a single dose of 2g of flagyl and hope that works as well since i'm getting it from my friend and i used hers last time too.

what the hell is going on??????????

thanks!!!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 5 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #2511

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, I bought from the same website Horizon drugs. Mine came yellow, and in spanish. I was scared to death to try as well, but IT WORKED!!! No smell, what so ever.

So....the next time, I think I will try this new website someone just posted. I don't want to wait 3 months to get them!! haha

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Dec 5 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #2512

Hi you'll, hope you're having a great holiday. I got my flagyl in the mail on monday, woohoo but ironically I'm skeptical about it. Has anyone who's ordered from horizondrugs.com gotten flagyl with a spanish label. The pills are yellow and round and all the words are in spanish as far as directions, etc and it came from central america. Someone on here recommended the site, did your flagyl (5oomg) pills look like that and were they in spanish. They took forever to come which I expected, but is this normal?? I've never ordered from there before. dry.gif dry.gif

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 5 2007, 04:38 PM) *
ok...I got the yeast arrest Boric Acid suppositories in the mail and now I am SCARED to use them! LOL! Go figure. I just finished my monthly 'friend' and haven't had the telltale signs if infection yet (knock on wood). But I feel the slight discomfort down there that seems to never go away.
Should I start using them or wait? Any advice on how to use them?

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 5 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #2513

BUSTie

Here is a pretty decent site with tips on natural remedies from mid-wives.
http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/vagInfections.html

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 5 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #2514

BUSTie

ok...I got the yeast arrest Boric Acid suppositories in the mail and now I am SCARED to use them! LOL! Go figure. I just finished my monthly 'friend' and haven't had the telltale signs if infection yet (knock on wood). But I feel the slight discomfort down there that seems to never go away.
Should I start using them or wait? Any advice on how to use them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 5 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #2515

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 5 2007, 03:09 PM) *
Thanks Jularee, I just ordered some flagyl -- i hope that it comes pretty quickly. Thanks for that information. You're an ANGEL! lol

No problem! Anything to help.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 5 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #2516

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 5 2007, 01:14 PM) *
I just wanted to share with you ladies a good website I found for purchasing meds online. It's http://www.easy.md/. I got my order in about 10 days and the website offers live customer support.

Thanks Jularee, I just ordered some flagyl -- i hope that it comes pretty quickly. Thanks for that information. You're an ANGEL! lol

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Dec 5 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #2517

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Dec 4 2007, 12:02 PM) *
okay here is where i am. after dealing with this for a year and trying flagyl, tindamax, clindesse, etc., the last few months i've been doing the primodophilus, oregano, b6, folic to no avail. friday i started a new probiotic powder that i dump into yogurt. this is also nature's way but it has 100 billion live cultures of acid, bifidus, rhamnous, etc(14 strains).I noticed a change in my discharge yesterday. went from being pale yellow to white creamy.

The same thing happened to me when I ate a Bio-K probiotic (it's like a watery sour yogurt - that has exta bacteria in it), and the container is little, so I ate the whole thing. But then I had a flare up with a lot of white creamy discharge, and I assumed it was the BV getting worse! But there wasn't a bad smell. And then it went away after a two days or so. I didn't know what was going on, so I called the company, and they told me as a first time user you should just take a tablespoon of it, and wait for your body to get used to it. Then everyday keep increasing how much you ingest, you can take half the container, or even eat the whole thing. The customer service woman also told me that when you first start taking the probiotic, because it is so strong, you will get a flare-up with more discharge - but that the discharge will only be bad for the first two or three days, then it will start getting better. That the discharge show you that the probiotic is working, and that the infection is being flushed out of your body. I don't know if this is true or not.. I'm just repeating what she told me. They sell these mini yogurts at Whole Foods, in the refridgerated probiotic section, so I will go buy some of them to try it again when I get a chance.

[ http://www.biokplus.com/ ]

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 5 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #2518

BUSTie

I just wanted to share with you ladies a good website I found for purchasing meds online. It's http://www.easy.md/. I got my order in about 10 days and the website offers live customer support.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 5 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #2519

Hardcore BUSTie

How many of you ladies have tried making the boric acid capsules? I'm purchasing some powder and gel capsules right now. Any advice on using them?

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 4 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #2520

BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Dec 4 2007, 12:02 PM) *
okay here is where i am. after dealing with this for a year and trying flagyl, tindamax, clindesse, etc., the last few months i've been doing the primodophilus, oregano, b6, folic to no avail. friday i started a new probiotic powder that i dump into yogurt. this is also nature's way but it has 100 billion live cultures of acid, bifidus, rhamnous, etc(14 strains).I noticed a change in my discharge yesterday. went from being pale yellow to white creamy.

went to the doc this morning, just from looking under the scope she said no yeast but the bv still looks like it is there. she is sending for a culture, should be back friday. so what she suggested is to do another round of oral flagyl and a 3 day cleocin suppos. when i finish the cleocin, start the boric acid suppos.

my problem in the past has actually been to get rid of it, not to have it go away with meds and then come back but to just get rid of it.

i just have discharge and itching, no smell.

what do you guys think....
i was thinking of finishing this course of probiotics which is 6 more days since i did see a change.

she also said to keep up the probs. while i was on her course of treatment.
and my last question is what do you think about having husbands treated (or if you are not married...partners). when i had this years ago one day it just up and went away w/o having my husband treated and actually i was not treating myself at the time.

thanks!

My symptoms are the same- discharge and pain and irritation but no smell. But my doctor(s) are divided. One says BV and the new one (this week) said yeast. I am going to try the boric acid next. Have you tried that yet?
I am wondering the same in regards to my husband- whether or not he should be treated. Although- I will say, my symptoms came back and we had NOT had intercourse. So...I am not sure we are truley passing it back and forth or if it just hasn't cleared up. sad.gif
Good luck to you hun.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 124 125 126 127 128 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 07:44 PM